Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-09-2019, 9:50 AM
I need a LIFE!!

So if you have a beef with your co-worker, he can pay you back? Or, as a matter of routine, your boss can get one when he lays you off?
Old 02-09-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
So if you have a beef with your co-worker, he can pay you back? Or, as a matter of routine, your boss can get one when he lays you off?
Listening to the video and reading the remainder, I'm thinking maybe so.

I'm a teacher...this spooks the snot out of me. Now I can't even defend the Constitution in class because I could be seen as a nut, especially if I have to defend the 2A. The really sad part is that many of the students I teach are "closet conservatives" and tired of people being unfair to other people, but they can't say anything due to peer pressure to "conform". I'm fighting for it, but with this type of law, it'll potentially cause issues. Some of the studentsd even realize that this is a slippery slope when people write some of these laws.

A lot of folks know (from over the years prior to all this nonsense) that I own guns.

Bad days ahead....

"How often do you see them?"

"All the time. They're everywhere." ***in tears***

Ask me about low cost Commander memberships to Frontsight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't attempt to inject common sense into an internet pissing contest.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninger4995 View Post

This bill is scary. I will not be telling anyone I am a gun owner if this passes.
Too late.
Old 02-09-2019, 1:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninger4995 View Post
That guy will sign any gun bill that comes across his desk without reading it so long as it restricts our rights further.

This bill is scary. I will not be telling anyone I am a gun owner if this passes.
Yup. We as gun owners shouldn't really be telling people unless they need to know, anyways. That's how situations like this start.

My coworkers all think I'm the blandest, most boring person on the planet. Because every Monday when everyone's all chit-chatty around the coffee machine, when I inevitably get asked, "Did you do anything fun this weekend?", I just answer: "Nahhh, not really. Just watched some TV and cleaned the house." They have no idea what I was REALLY doing, and I like to keep it that way.
Old 02-10-2019, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna quesadilla View Post
Yup. We as gun owners shouldn't really be telling people unless they need to know, anyways. That's how situations like this start.

My coworkers all think I'm the blandest, most boring person on the planet. Because every Monday when everyone's all chit-chatty around the coffee machine, when I inevitably get asked, "Did you do anything fun this weekend?", I just answer: "Nahhh, not really. Just watched some TV and cleaned the house." They have no idea what I was REALLY doing, and I like to keep it that way.
Of course, you DO realize what the problem with this trend of "not talking about it" is?

With all these absurd laws, the antis are forcing a lot of gun owners to go "underground", to hide their hobby and sport. In doing so, we are far less able to get others involved in the sport, in order to increase ranks.
It's pretty obvious that is precisely part of the Left's strategy against guns. Make the gun owners ability to attract others much weaker. Force the gun owners to stay quiet.
The antis are attacking us from multiple different angles simultaneously. From the cultural side, the media side, the financial side, the fees side, the storage side, the ammo side, the acquisition side, and of course the insane creation of illegal laws side.
Their absolute aim, is to make this sport and right so difficult, so onerous, so expensive, and so risky to maintain, that people will simply give up and walk away. As gun owners, we need to make clear to them that their strategy will NEVER work.

NRA Lifetime Member. Hunter & Target Shooter.
San Diego County.
Passionate supporter of RTKBA.
Supporter of conceal and open-carry.

"It's called the Bill Of Rights. Not the Bill of Needs."

Acronyms
AR-15 Primer
CA firearms laws timeline
BLM land maps
Old 02-10-2019, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
This law is so open to abuse itís stunning.
Old 02-11-2019, 1:06 AM

TRO’s are handed out like candy in CA. All you need to do is file a complaint, the Judge usually signs then they send it out to be served. In CA, the TRO must be served in person and is not valid or enforceable until person is served. Bad part is as long as the complaintent keeps going to court to get it renewed, it can be renewed as long as the judge is willing to sign 7-10 days at a time. No proof is needed to get one.
Old 02-12-2019, 3:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
If this law passes, it would add:
  • an employer
  • a coworker
  • an employee of a secondary or postsecondary school that the person has attended in the last 6 months

If you own your own business, do your employees count in the eyes of the law as "co-workers" or what?
Old 02-12-2019, 3:33 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrjonesUSA View Post
If you own your own business, do your employees count in the eyes of the law as "co-workers" or what?

They like to keep things as vague and unclear/undefined as possible so that nobody understands how the hell our laws work.