Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 05-14-2019, 5:44 PM

Default USPSA's youngest Grand Master in Carry Optics...@ 17 years old!

I am proud to have recognized this young man's god given ability three years ago when he was 14 and started him on his way. It is always a pleasure as a teacher of any subject to see your student advance beyond your own abilities and that is certainly the case here. He is now training with and being asked to attend matches with the likes of J.J. Racaza and Max Michel! I met him when he was 14 and interviewing his father to train one of my horses.He was wearing a 3 gun nation hat so I asked...he said he didn't compete or shoot but he wanted to shoot 3 gun matches and become a professional shooter. I told him I would take he and his dad out the the range some time in the future. Less than a week later the kid was calling me asking when we could go out and shoot real guns. I took he and his dad out to WEGC that same week. Gave them about 5 hours of classroom and live fire preparation, set up some targets and a short stage of fire and he just took off from there. I sent him thru several tactical classes at the school I train at (http://dag-usa.com/) to give him a sound foundation of the basics of weapons manipulation and movement the following month and then started him off with Prado and WEGC IDPA matches, knowing that USPSA was the goal. Aggressively supported and coached by his dad, he has made it. Currently professionally sponsored by The GlockStore. CONGRATS Austin! The sky is the limit!

Austin Ariss
17 year old Competitive Shooter
USPSA Carry Optics Grandmaster
Youngest USPSA Carry Optics GM
1st Junior Carry Optics GM
IDPA Master

Check out his shooting and follow him on his Instagram page...

https://www.instagram.com/austinariss/?hl=en

He has a hell of a career ahead of him that all of us who compete in IDPA / USPSA will be watching unfold.

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 05-16-2019 at 11:46 AM..
Old 05-14-2019, 6:40 PM

Awesome
Old 05-14-2019, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk117 View Post
Awesome
Yup.. I certainly think so. Kids like this are the future of our sport...We should all be trying to encourage the younger generations to get involved and succeed.

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 05-15-2019 at 7:55 AM..
Old 05-15-2019, 8:09 AM
I have 1 Gunz
CGN Contributor

Congrats and nicely done on fueling the interest.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:27 AM
Calguns.net Shooting Team

Awesome job Austin! He has a great future ahead of him.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:37 AM

Congrats to him, and to you, for being the right mentor, at the right time!
Old 05-15-2019, 12:05 PM

I have shot with him several times at NRG, nice kid!! Very good shooter ..Congrats
Old 05-15-2019, 12:49 PM

Congrats to Austin and to you for helping send him down the path!
Old 05-15-2019, 4:37 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Great job OCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
I am proud to have recognized this young mans god given ability three years ago when he was 14 and started him on his way. It is always a pleasure as a teacher of any subject to see your student advance beyond your own abilities and that is certainly the case here. He is now training with and being asked to attend matches with the likes of J.J. Racaza and Max Michel! I met him when he was 14 and interviewing his father to train one of my horses.He was wearing a 3 gun nation hat so I asked...he said he didn't compete or shoot but he wanted to shoot 3 gun matches and become a professional shooter. I told him I would take he and his dad out the the range some time in the future. Less than a week later the kid was calling me asking when we could go out and shoot real guns. I took he and his dad out to WEGC that same week. Gave them about 5 hours of classroom and live fire preparation, set up some targets and a short stage of fire and he just took off from there. I sent him thru several tactical classes at the school I train at (http://dag-usa.com/) to give him a sound foundation of the basics of weapons manipulation and movement the following month and then started him off with Prado and WEGC IDPA matches, knowing that USPSA was the goal. Aggressively supported and coached by his dad, he has made it. Currently professionally sponsored by The GlockStore. CONGRATS Austin! The sky is the limit!

Austin Ariss, 17 years old

IDPA: Master in all divisions except Rev. and BUG
USPSA: JUST made Grand Master in Carry Optics class, Master in Open and Limited class

Check out his shooting and follow him on his Instagram page...

https://www.instagram.com/austinariss/?hl=en

He has a hell of a career ahead of him that all of us who compete in IDPA / USPSA will be watching unfold.