Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:33 PM

Just found out about this site. Just wanted to say that I think that this seems like a great place to get and share information. I have been shooting for some time now and currently work as a marksmanship instructor for the military.
Old 02-17-2008, 7:07 AM

Name's John. I am an active Marine. 0351 by trade (whatever that means).
Old 02-17-2008, 8:39 AM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Welcome! to all you new folks.
Old 02-17-2008, 4:37 PM

Default Itro

Hi there to every one. New guy hear looking to learn a little and bs a little.
Old 02-17-2008, 7:43 PM

Default Hello

Hi everyone,
The sight was recommended by a friend and I've already learned a couple of things I didn't know after reading a couple of threads.

As a kid I used to spend hours shooting cans on strings with my BB gun. As a young adult, I used to go to local ranges fairly often with my best friend but somewhere along the line we fell out of the habit for about a decade.

Recently, we decided, along with another buddy, to set up some range nights and get shooting again.

I've always shot revolvers but always said I was going to buy a Glock 21. Bought ammo, a holster, a cleaning kit etc over a decade ago but never actually bought the gun. LOL

Rented one out at Bullseye about a month ago. Loved it and plan on buying one in the next couple of weeks.

That's my story.

Jason
Old 02-18-2008, 8:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Default Hello From Bruce Flinch

Hi Cal-Gunners,
I've done more lurking than posting, but I like your website. It is a lot like The Firearms Forum, where I used to post alot. ( I do like their dedicated jokes forum ) But it is nice to hang w/ the locals. (TFF) is mostly South Easterners.
I like to shoot IPSC & IDPA. When I have time, I like Bullseye & High Power Sihlouettes. I do shoot in an Airgun League.
My "home" range is USI in Concord. When I have time & money I like to shoot @ Richmond & Ione. Reloading is my favorite non-shooting pastime. I have an understanding wife & a teenage daughter.

I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

Secret Club Member?.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:25 AM

Hi Everyone,

Long time Lurker, but I finally decided to register since I finally decided to "pull the trigger" and make my first gun purchase this week. I really like how everyone hear is very friendly towards each other and that's one of the reasons I decided to sign up. I'll more than likely be hanging out at the Chabot Range, since it's only 10 minutes away.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:49 AM

Have tried 10 times to search for that thread I saw awhile ago on how to post pictures and cannot find it. Have tried just pasting the img and img/ thing and also clicking on the photo function at the top of the post but my photo keeps showing as a link instead of as a picture. What am I doing wrong?
Old 02-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Head Janitor

Here is the link to the post on how to post a picture:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=86685

I fixed your photo in the GwG thread, it looks like it had coding to be both a link and an image.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 02-20-2008, 3:00 PM

Exclamation New to Guns

I figured my first post here should be to say hello to everybody and give a brief run down of how I got here.

1. The wife and I recently took a gun saftey class. She was there to learn about guns and not to shoot them....she ended up shooting one of the guns.

2. She really liked shooting and she tried out a few guns ...Ruger revolver.22,S&W revolver .22, CZ 75 9mm, Sig Mosquito .22, Sig 226 9mm, Sig 229 9mm, Kimber .45 and well a few others I can not remmber. She really liked the Sig Mosquito and now she uses up about 150 -350 rounds per week on her own Sig Mosquito. She has already picked out her next gun.....Sig 229.

3. I then got to go out and buy my fist gun a CZ SP-01. It fit me very well and have about 350 rounds down the pipe in two weeks.

4. In a matter of just over 60+ days we went from curious and unsure about having guns to thrilled and excited about going to the range.

5. We are now California gun owners and we are here to stay...

I plan on cruzing these boards to help me understand more about our new found interest....GUNS....
Old 02-20-2008, 7:04 PM

Greetings all... I have been lurking for sometime, but reading is not social. So it is time for some writing (or so I have been told; thanks guys, my bad). My buddy advised I join this site for information and research, as we are looking to build an OLL. If all goes as planned perhaps it will just be the first (of many). Hopefully, someday, I can meld my 3 hobbies of carpentry, metal work, and shooting into a self-sustaining gunsmith/engineering/anti-zombie Trifecta. A former USAF medic, I now work in a hospital laboratory designing software and methods for controlling blood analyzers. I talk to machines all day, so my grammar might be a bit awkward. Or down right awful, as english is almost like a second language for me; terrible.

I look forward to divining the knowledge that seems to be plentiful. And then putting it to use.

John
Old 02-20-2008, 10:21 PM

I'm stationed here in San Diego, and some of the info I look for is not necessarily on the other forums that I frequent.
Old 02-21-2008, 6:03 PM
Janitors assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dom View Post
I figured my first post here should be to say hello to everybody and give a brief run down of how I got here.

1. The wife and I recently took a gun saftey class. She was there to learn about guns and not to shoot them....she ended up shooting one of the guns.

2. She really liked shooting and she tried out a few guns ...Ruger revolver.22,S&W revolver .22, CZ 75 9mm, Sig Mosquito .22, Sig 226 9mm, Sig 229 9mm, Kimber .45 and well a few others I can not remmber. She really liked the Sig Mosquito and now she uses up about 150 -350 rounds per week on her own Sig Mosquito. She has already picked out her next gun.....Sig 229.

3. I then got to go out and buy my fist gun a CZ SP-01. It fit me very well and have about 350 rounds down the pipe in two weeks.

4. In a matter of just over 60+ days we went from curious and unsure about having guns to thrilled and excited about going to the range.

5. We are now California gun owners and we are here to stay...

I plan on cruzing these boards to help me understand more about our new found interest....GUNS....
Well you better buy a couple of safes now!

Welcome to all!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:53 PM

Thumbs up Like the forum

A bud at work suggested this forum to me about half a year ago. I forgot about it until jumping over from another forum to look at a Kimber for sale.
Started looking around and see some good stuff here.

- Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Volunteer LDW
Old 02-22-2008, 11:23 PM

Hi everybody. Since I married to a Southern gun nut, shark, I decided to hang around here with my hubby during my free time. I have a pink Hello Kitty AR15 my hubby built. Some of you may have seen it.

www.riflegear.com

Last edited by PinkKitty; 02-23-2008 at 11:31 AM..
Old 02-23-2008, 1:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Any wife of Shark is a friend of ours. You might be the most famous CG member.

Welcome to the board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkKitty View Post
Hi everybody. Since I married to a Southern gun nut, shark, I decided to hang around here with my hubby during my free time. I have a pink Hello Kitty AR15 my hubby built. Some of you may have seen it.

Google Map of OLL Dealers

List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:49 AM

Thank you for your warm welcome. I am still shy here so take it easy on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclaplinker View Post
Any wife of Shark is a friend of ours. You might be the most famous CG member.

Welcome to the board!

www.riflegear.com

Last edited by PinkKitty; 02-23-2008 at 11:31 AM..
Old 02-23-2008, 2:03 PM

Default intro

hey guys. I just moved here from NY, currently living in lovely los angeles. I'm working in the audio post production industry (putting music/sound to film)...and as a bartender.

I served a very short term in the U.S. Army, they don't like it when you break your knee ...

I love to shoot, and I was directed to this site for legal info for the area...being as I don't know **** about his part of the country.

I worked at a gun range in New Hampshire (the only truly free state left) for over a year and a half, and I'm very familiar with all types of firearms, and certain laws pertaining to certain states. but like I said, I don't know anything about the laws here in LA...except for what I read on CA self defense.

I'm here to read mostly, but i'll contribute to a discussion if i find I have something worthwhile to add.

Take care,

Joe
Old 02-23-2008, 9:42 PM

Hello everyone, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I was recommended to this forum by bagger. Lots of great info and guns!

Thanks

Craig
Old 02-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Veteran Member

Hello to all!

I just joined the group. Lots of interesting info, but more importantly, helpful info.

Long time shooter and Lifetime NRA (Thanks, Dad!). Handguns mostly, but I have a few choice longguns. I'm really partial to my Walthers (Thanks again, Dad!) - must be all those James Bond films I watched when I was younger.

My favorite and my first: Sig Sauer P226
Backup: ParaOrdnance P14-45
Backup to backup: Ruger Ranch with factory folder and scoped - evil-looking little sucker

I've had tactical firearms training with Dan Niemi and CCW training in Sacramento (back when Branden's had a firing range).

I'll be heading up to the Big Reno Show this year. Man, I know I'm either going to have to win it big at Baccarat, count cards at the Blackjack tables or break the piggy bank and bring cash.

~J
Old 02-24-2008, 10:18 AM

I am new to this forum, member in others and not new to firearms. Before I joined my uncle's forces I used to live in Marina. That was 1972. Now I lived in the TX, but I am part owner of a TX BBQ restaurant in Salinas.

I am particularly interested in the firearms laws in CA. Every time I visit the restaurant I read all the gang banger activities in that little town and I feel so naked without my weapons at bay.

For my shooting career I hold High Master in across the course and long range both achieved with service rifle, Distinguished Rifleman Badge, # 1234, and Presidents 100.

Looking forward to being a member of this forum.
Old 02-24-2008, 3:29 PM

Default First Post

Greetings All,

My shooting buddies recommended I check out this forum. I did...I like it! I am a FFL in NorCal, enjoy hunting, precision shooting, tactical shooting and just shooting tin cans with the kids.

I retired with 21 years in the California National Guard...mostly active duty. Now I raise my daughters, part time gun business, and some contracting...to pay the bills.

I look forward meeting people and learning more from this board.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member

Hello to all! I'm new here! I just applied for my C&R and am hoping to learn more about my state's ridiculous gun laws!

Thanks so much for dealing with my ignorance. There's a lot to learn and that's what I'm here for!

Cheers!
Old 02-25-2008, 2:53 PM

Default long time lurker

Hello all,

Been here for awhile, but for some reason never posted. Finally decided to go ahead and post here. Figured I would also include a picture for my first post, hopefully it works dont want to see any "fail" pics.

Old 02-25-2008, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkKitty View Post
lol, my girlfriend luvs your rifle, and she really likes my AK. I've got to get started on her pink and red AK...
Old 02-27-2008, 10:36 AM

Hello everyone. I've been lurking this forum for a few months now. I've gained a lot of great information from this place. It's awesome.

I just got into shooting 2 months ago: I took a basic safety class, then the next day I was shooting 1911's. A few days after that I bought a membership to The Firing Line, in Northridge. So, I guess you could say 'I LIKE" shooting. hahaha. Just ordered a Kimber Stainless TLE II. Can't wait till i get it.

anyways just introducing myself. Later guys.

Serg* (sergio)
Old 02-27-2008, 6:59 PM

Default new member

I am new to this board and I have been lurking for a while... I just found out about the OLL lowers and what can be done to stay in compliance. I can honestly say that I am contemplating building a lower (ar15), however I am going to have to get rid of one of my M1As. Brian
Old 02-27-2008, 7:40 PM

Hi everyone,

I've heard about this forum for quite a while and finally decided that I should sign-up and look around.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:05 PM

Oops, just saw that I should post here upon inception.
So, here I am.
I legally bought many nice things before the laws changed and complied with the laws, so I don't have to worry about BB issues.
I'm in the process of getting my ammunition manufacturer FFL
And oh yeah, I make silver bullets

Nice Forums

Bill
Old 02-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome all. This place is starting to get crowded. That's a good thing.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 02-28-2008, 4:04 PM

Default Hello

I'd like to give a hearty hello to my fellow 2A-supporting Californians. I'm new to the forum as a poster though I've been reading for a while. I have to say that I'm deeply impressed with the fierce determination that this community puts forward concerning peoples' rights. I think that the attitude is exactly what we need in this state to keep them alive. I'm interested in learning a lot more about firearms and the legalities that go with them since I'm approaching 21 yrs. and coming into a decent income for a change. I know I tend to be very opinionated and disgusted at things I consider injustices, so I'll warn those of you who don't enjoy debate beforehand that I can seem overbearing but it's nothing personal.

-A.H.
Old 02-28-2008, 4:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Welcome to the forum!
My gut is good for two things, making poo and spotting crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.
Old 02-28-2008, 7:11 PM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

Default Hello

Long time lurker first time poster
As my board name states I was in the Marine Corps from 1992 to 1996
Infrantry with the 2nd Batallon 5th Marines based out of Camp Pendelton
Currently I am in the IT field working for a Entertainment company
I own a few guns and they are:
Bushmaster AR15 (registered in 1999)
M1 Garand
Springfield M1911A1
Springfield XD9 subcompact
Uberti Colt 45
Ruger markIII 22/45
and a Beretta Tomcat on the way
Thats is for now
I do have some things I intend to sell but i figured Id post a few time to prove Im legit
http://www.oniva.com/upload/204/Signature_copy_small.jpg
Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.
Old 02-29-2008, 8:14 PM

Hello. New to the list here and been meaning to post for a few days now. I just want to see where the remaining sane people of Kalifornia hang out.

I am hoping to learn some things and hopefully assist in whatever ways I can. Mainly I am interested in any activities regarding the overturning of the AWB here in California and the abolishment of the Hi-Cap magazine ban as well. Just to start with of course. There is more on my plate, but those 2 are my top priority now.
Old 02-29-2008, 8:48 PM

Hello, I'm also new here, thanks to all the people who made this forum possible. its relief to find out im not the only one to STRONGLY believe in 2nd and that im not crazy LOL. No more to the politicians trying to strip us of our right to freedom, guarantee to any form of freedom is the right to keep and bear arms its the path the only path. Without it that right we will lose the right to exist. Thanks for giving me a voice, I'm here to fight count me in.....Chaowww
Old 02-29-2008, 10:46 PM

Hi,

This is Justin over at Henderson Defense Industries in Las Vegas, Nevada. We build our own line of AK47 rifles and sell new Century Arms rifles that we have inspected as well.

Myself and Jim C. are in the shop Monday through Friday and will answer most questions for you. The owner Ron is not in the office much because he is running three offices and isn't in the shop very often and Pete is no longer with us. He was promoted at his "real" job and couldn't devote the time.

I will be posting firearms for sale that we make and others that we modify for California sales. We will not charge California guys a premium for the rifles just because you happen to live in California.

You can call us 702-566-1000 Monday through Friday if you have any questions.
Old 03-02-2008, 7:37 PM

Hi All,

First time poster long time lurker on the boards. This site has been a huge help for me, especially the oll situation. I'm located in NorCal and am the proud owner of a Vector AK, AA 50 Beowulf and HK USC to name a few. I grew up around firearms thanks to my dad, who is also a member of these boards, and am just starting my own collections. Anyway, look forward to learning more and keeping the 2a alive in California.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:36 PM

Default greenguy

Hi,
Been lurkin for awhile.
I'm new to the gun ownership world but have shot various rifles
and handguns.
There is alot of great info here.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:28 PM

Hi All-

Relative newcomer to the board. Just completed my first whole gun purchase from Lanworld. Thanks to this board for its wealth of information on topics near and dear to all of us. people on this board sem to be a community that support each other and that is awesome. Thanks to all the guys who have been around awhile and answer all the noob questions. I'm in Norcal.
Old 03-03-2008, 5:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Well welcome to the Community... Now you need to buy more and more guns.. And congrats on your first gun..
I think most folks bubba their AR's because they watch too many action movies, play too many video games and don't understand how to socialize properly, so they fantasize about being 'action hero's'. Kind of like little girls playing dress-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas711 View Post
Is everybody stocking up on guys now? Just curious some gun prices seem to be getting high.