Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 09-20-2014, 11:39 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbu_yoshi View Post
Is this Sig only?

IIRC the P238 and P938 were basically revamped Colt Mustangs after purchasing the plans from Colt.

Same issue with those old guns?
Colt Mustangs too!
Old 09-22-2014, 11:31 AM

Wonder of Wonders, pocket knives in decent colors for women, with a decent price.

I couldn't resist, I hadda have the rainbow kershaw. And momma! is it ever SHARP !

You all know I am mildly allergic to pink, but Kershaw is solving that problem for me. They have leeks in an assortment of decent colors, including my fave, "a lovely shade of teal". And on sale! (Scroll to the bottom for the colors, orange, rainbow, purple, teal). I admit that the teal isn't as sexy as the rainbow, but what law says I can have only one?

This site is well worth crawling all over, especially the deal of the day. Probably Calguns has a knife forum where you could find out more about this vendor. Apparently some Kershaw knives are made in the USA, some are not, you gotta read the fine print. I think we all like "made in the USA", if at all possible. The Japanese make darn fine steel as we all know, but maybe not so much in China? Not sure.

This link is for "The Kershaw Store", they say on their site that they're not part of the official Kershaw organization. Probably Calguns has a knife forum where you could find out more about this vendor. http://www.thekershawstore.com/kershaw-leek-knives/

EDIT: There is another, where I got my Rainbow, TheKershawGuy http://kershawguy.com/products-page/kershaw-blems/, who is Kershaw-Authorized, and we like him.

I am not a knife expert, so if I goof up, forgive me. Anbu_Yoshi seems to be a knife jock, he might be a good source of actual information...

UPDATE: I've also seen these Kershaw's on Amazon for comparable prices. I'm hungering now for the 8" Chef's knife. If it's anything near as sharp as the leek, I'm in.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.

Last edited by BonnieB; 09-22-2014 at 4:34 PM..
Old 09-22-2014, 1:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
Wonder of Wonders, pocket knives in decent colors for women, with a decent price.

I couldn't resist, I hadda have the rainbow kershaw. And momma! is it ever sharp!

You all know I am mildly allergic to pink, but Kershaw is solving that problem for me. They have leeks in an assortment of decent colors, including my fave, "a lovely shade of teal". And on sale! (Scroll to the bottom for the colors, orange, rainbow, purple, teal). I admit that the teal isn't as sexy as the rainbow, but what law says I can have only one?

This site is well worth crawling all over, especially the deal of the day. I do know they're not part of the official Kershaw organization. Probably Calguns has a knife forum where you could find out more about this vendor. Apparently some Kershaw knives are made in the USA, some are not, you gotta read the fine print. I think we all like "made in the USA", if at all possible. The Japanese make darn fine steel as we all know, but maybe not so much in China? Not sure.

http://www.thekershawstore.com/kershaw-leek-knives/

I am not a knife expert, so if I goof up, forgive me. Anbu_Yoshi seems to be a knife jock, he might be a good source of actual information...

UPDATE: I've also seen these Kershaw's on Amazon for comparable prices. I'm hungering now for the 8" Chef's knife. If it's anything near as sharp as the leek, I'm in.
Well, fantastic! Rainbow Kershaws all around! Anbu_Yoshi, what have you done to us in the Ladies' Forum???
Old 09-22-2014, 3:38 PM
Veteran Member

Sowwie... You gals gotta have trinkets also, ya know?

Bonnie actually bought the last rainbow leek blem on the site. I'm glad that your rainbow order went through, Bonnie. Did it turn out as a blem or did you get the luck of the draw?

Kershawguy is an authorized Kershaw vendor. The owner is super cool and has been a knife junky for quite some time. He's also quite the avid fisherman and a steely hunter up in the PACNW.

I originally saw this deal in the Deals, Sales, and Coupons forum here and also at Sigtalk's respective deals forum. GG, you should check out Sigtalk for further specialized reference to your new pistol. Lot's of CGN members are dual members and tend to favor the more mellow feel of Sigtalk. That is of course without completely defecting over there, just another source of info.

You're all logical and cool so I'm happy to help. Errrr... Except beb, she's a brat!

Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom
Old 09-22-2014, 4:40 PM

Yah, poor us, in the Women's Forum. We get soooo tired of buying guns (never! not ever!), so we gotta turn to knives....

Personally, I'm into color-coordinated chic (not chick) shooting attire whenever possible. I just ordered my first stainless-color handgun. The others are all "Audrey Hepburn little-black-dress color". So, stainless, just for a change. Maybe I'll have to get one of the stainless Kershaw Damascus blades to go with. Just look at that blade, all wavy and damascene.

My credit cards are groaning....

Last edited by BonnieB; 09-22-2014 at 4:52 PM..
Old 09-22-2014, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Yah, poor us, in the Women's Forum. We get soooo tired of buying guns (never! not ever!), so we gotta turn to knives....

Personally, I'm into color-coordinated chic (not chick) shooting attire whenever possible. I just ordered my first stainless-color handgun. The others are all "Audrey Hepburn little-black-dress color". So, stainless, just for a change. Maybe I'll have to get one of the stainless Kershaw Damascus blades to go with. Just look at that blade, all wavy and damascene.

My credit cards are groaning....

Well, since you're already stressing out your credit cards, what's one more little charge? I mean, maybe you should go Glock Girl Chic and get a Rainbow Sig to match your rainbow Kershaw. I mean, everybody's doing it...
Old 09-22-2014, 7:00 PM

Old 09-22-2014, 9:21 PM
Veteran Member

Oh dear... I may have unintentionally restored our economy...

Old 09-23-2014, 7:29 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbu_yoshi View Post
Oh dear... I may have unintentionally restored our economy...

oh, geez, that is funny!
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 09-26-2014, 3:55 PM

Oh, my stars and garters! I was at my FFL today, doing a little business, and mentioned the danged Rainbow Sig obsession we have going on here in the Women's Forum.

He turned away with a smile and came back with a pistol case, opened it and said "Wanna see one in person? This one is sold, so you can't have it. But you can look". And what's inside but a brand new Rainbow Sig.

Now, kinda like Glock Girl, I'm a Glock girl too, and I've always liked Glocks and the Colt .380 design best. And I'm not really into girly stuff at the range. BUT, OMG! I about flipped a gear when I saw the Rainbow Sig in person! Oh, the rosewood grip! Oh, the rainbow slide and it even has rainbow screws on the rosewood grip! And Robby is there grinning at me, saying, "Well, it can be your November gun...."

It's not really fair to hold such a pretty thing in your hand and walk away, especially since I already have my Rainbow Leek.

So, GG, now I really get it. You got a real prize, sweetie, and I'm trying oh so very hard not to raid my piggy bank. I've been reconsidering my collection, and have a really nice shotgun, a Ruger .223 and a Lee progressive press posted for sale in the appropriate forums. Maybe, just maybe, if they sell soon, I might possibly need a new SIG for Christmas....
Old 09-26-2014, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Oh, my stars and garters! I was at my FFL today, doing a little business, and mentioned the danged Rainbow Sig obsession we have going on here in the Women's Forum.

He turned away with a smile and came back with a pistol case, opened it and said "Wanna see one in person? This one is sold, so you can't have it. But you can look". And what's inside but a brand new Rainbow Sig.

Now, kinda like Glock Girl, I'm a Glock girl too, and I've always liked Glocks and the Colt .380 design best. And I'm not really into girly stuff at the range. BUT, OMG! I about flipped a gear when I saw the Rainbow Sig in person! Oh, the rosewood grip! Oh, the rainbow slide and it even has rainbow screws on the rosewood grip! And Robby is there grinning at me, saying, "Well, it can be your November gun...."

It's not really fair to hold such a pretty thing in your hand and walk away, especially since I already have my Rainbow Leek.

So, GG, now I really get it. You got a real prize, sweetie, and I'm trying oh so very hard not to raid my piggy bank. I've been reconsidering my collection, and have a really nice shotgun, a Ruger .223 and a Lee progressive press posted for sale in the appropriate forums. Maybe, just maybe, if they sell soon, I might possibly need a new SIG for Christmas....
MY HEART IS FULL!!! Oh please get a matching rainbow Sig to your matching rainbow Kershaw!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 4:06 PM

Bonnie, it is terrible. I'm telling you, that rainbow gun will haunt your every waking thought until it belongs to you. I willingly manipulated and cheated my way into possssing that gun where my husband was concerned. Truly. Yesterday at the range the male RSOs went googly-eyed over it. They were Glock Guys too. No one is immune to the Rainbow Sig's charms.
Old 09-26-2014, 4:16 PM

Oh, the siren song of the Rainbow Sig. It's calling my name, just like you said.....

It's really weird, because I'm a real mid-century modern, clean, simple design type. Furniture, dishes, cars, I always want that clean design and don't want it mucked up with doodads and geegaws. Guns too, Glocks, Rugers, Colts, simple, clean, classic. Until today. I've never seen a gun before that called to me just because of its beauty to look at. If I never fired it, I'd keep a Rainbow Sig on my coffee table just to look at. I had no idea....

I need my friend ElDub to confiscate my credit cards, when we shoot tomorrow. Really. It's just not even fair that I'm too danged old to have a Sugar Daddy.!
Old 09-26-2014, 4:35 PM

just get the dang thing, BB!
you know you won't get it out of your mind until you at least commit to buying it.
JUST DO IT!
and a picture with the knife when you get it out of jail, please!
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 09-26-2014, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
just get the dang thing, BB!
you know you won't get it out of your mind until you at least commit to buying it.
JUST DO IT!
and a picture with the knife when you get it out of jail, please!
What MZ said. In fact, I might even urge MZ to take her own advice and secure a lovely little Sig for herself!

MZ, I think maybe a year or two ago you were the original poster of the rainbow Sig. I remembered it from this forum and would have never found it otherwise. Hey, Bonnie, this is all HER fault!
Old 09-26-2014, 6:49 PM
Veteran Member

You poor, poor ladies... Prepare for Sig's rainbow finish collection...

P238

P239 (Basically a single stacked P229)

P232

P290RS

Last edited by code_blue; 09-26-2014 at 6:51 PM..
Old 09-26-2014, 7:45 PM

don't think I was the poster........
but I definitely mentioned at some point having seen one at a Eddy's in mountain view when I was shopping there and another woman was picking her's up....
Quote:
Old 09-26-2014, 10:23 PM

Remember, ladies, that the purchase of off-roster guns in the SSE exception, is going away Dec 31. And my FFL says it will be a nightmare beating the deadline if we don't start soon. So tell your Santa's to get with the program.
Old 10-01-2014, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock Girl in CA View Post
My question for you is: Should I purchase a G42, chambered in .380, or should I wait to see if the rumors are true of Glock producing a single stack in 9 mm?

I wrestled with the same decision. My G19 is too chunky for CCW and I would prefer a single-stack 9mm. My main contenders were the G42 and the Shield. The Shield is a solid choice; yet, it still seemed a little large for what it was. The G42 fit like a charm....but it's chambered in .380. I held off and kept telling myself that I'd wait to see if Glock would announce a single-stack 9. I waited and I waited.

At the end of the day: The one you have is better than the one you don't have.

My new baby, a G42, gets out of jail next Tuesday.

As for the Sig P238 in titanium rainbow finish...........gorgeous!! And, yes, I did consider it. How could I not be taken with it? It's just so freakin' pretty! However, I didn't want a piece with a hammer for this purpose. BUT, that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy one in the future just to have one.
Old 10-01-2014, 6:40 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
I wrestled with the same decision. My G19 is too chunky for CCW and I would prefer a single-stack 9mm. My main contenders were the G42 and the Shield. The Shield is a solid choice; yet, it still seemed a little large for what it was. The G42 fit like a charm....but it's chambered in .380. I held off and kept telling myself that I'd wait to see if Glock would announce a single-stack 9. I waited and I waited.

For me, the new Ruger LC9S is the single stack Glock 9mm I have been waiting for. The trigger is amazing. Here it is compared to my Glock 42.

Glock 42 over Ruger LC9S

Peek-a-boo

Comparing thickness - grip angles are different so G42 (left) grip appears shorter in this pic but really isn't - I elevated it to make the slides parallel.
Old 10-01-2014, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post

At the end of the day: The one you have is better than the one you don't have.

My new baby, a G42, gets out of jail next Tuesday.

As for the Sig P238 in titanium rainbow finish...........gorgeous!! And, yes, I did consider it. How could I not be taken with it? It's just so freakin' pretty! However, I didn't want a piece with a hammer for this purpose. BUT, that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy one in the future just to have one.
Congratulations! I bet you'll love that new G42. I shot one the same night I tried out the Sig and it was a wonderful little gun. So easy to shoot, and so familiar to me, a G19 girl. I haven't met a single person who doesn't love the G42 - male or female.

Just purely curious - why didn't you want a piece with a hammer? (I ask these questions in case there's some obscure safety risk I'm unaware of. Because who knows.)

Enjoy that great little gun!
Old 10-01-2014, 9:00 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

She probably wanted to stay away from hammers most likely due to the single action. Folks who conceal like the double action for safety. Single actions on 1911's are very easy to pull. However the single action trigger on the Sig P238 is between 7-8lbs of pull, so to me, it is a non-issue.
Old 10-03-2014, 2:14 PM

"She" is probably perfectly capable of explaining why she made the choice she did.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:13 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
"She" is probably perfectly capable of explaining why she made the choice she did.

Your right, I could guess all day long why a person made a decision, better to hear (read) the persons reason and also have a learning opportunity.

Another reason is some folks are afraid of something getting caught up in the hammer and preventing the hammer to fall properly. It's possible.

Sorry, if I offended any people. I just stated the #1 reason why people don't carry 1911 hammer fired style pistols. I'll back out of this thread now.

Last edited by DavidR310; 10-03-2014 at 10:18 PM..
Old 10-03-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidR310 View Post
Your right, I could guess all day long why a person made a decision, better to hear (read) the persons reason and also have a learning opportunity.

Another reason is some folks are afraid of something getting caught up in the hammer and preventing the hammer to fall properly. It's possible.

Sorry, if I offended any people. I just stated the #1 reason why people don't carry 1911 hammer fired style pistols. I'll back out of this thread now.
I found your comments insightful, and I thank you for posting them.
Old 10-04-2014, 7:21 AM

Quote:
Get it! I've had the chance to hold the P238 Rainbow, it's a beauty and I would proudly own one if didn't already have a P238. As far as the P238 in general, accurate, light, compact pistol perfect for carry but not so much the P238HD (little heavy).
Old 10-05-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Just purely curious - why didn't you want a piece with a hammer? (I ask these questions in case there's some obscure safety risk I'm unaware of. Because who knows.)

Well, the P238 is a single action pistol. I'm not "scared" of that, per se, as I understand that the P238's safety is pretty solid. Some reviews say that the trigger pull is light. Some say the trigger pull is short. Some say the trigger pull is short, but hard. Ok, whatever. I haven't shot one; so, I suppose I'd have to defer judgement there.

I kinda misspoke in my earlier post, the issue for me isn't so much the hammer, but the safety. I'm a Glock girl. I shoot off of the Glock platform for CCW, recreation and competition. Also, in part, the Glock platform is used by my employer. Switching to a platform where I will have to manipulate a safety when my life depends on it the most is a concern. When poop hits the fan, I'd have to remember, "Oh wait, this is the P238."

Because the G42 and P238 are both well-matched choices, what advantage would I really have by choosing the P238 over the G42? Other than the smaller size (and the admittedly pretty finish), I just don't see the P238's advantage in my case. With the G42, I have a gun that shoots well on a platform I am well-versed on, no futzing with a safety on SA, and the G42 costs less money.

Tell you what, I'm in Nevada often enough. The next time I'm in the area, let's go shooting with our babies and we can both tear up the place!
Old 10-17-2014, 5:00 PM

KERSHAW RAINBOW LEEK BLEMS ARE BACK!

Quick, quick, quick! Christmas is coming.

http://kershawguy.com/products-page/kershaw-blems/
Old 10-17-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
KERSHAW RAINBOW LEEK BLEMS ARE BACK!

Quick, quick, quick! Christmas is coming.

http://kershawguy.com/products-page/kershaw-blems/
Thanks! I just bought one for my sister!