Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-02-2019, 3:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default NRA Sees Sizable Increase of Both Membership Dues and Contributions in 2018

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/0...nce-back-2018/
Old 06-02-2019, 3:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Interesting....

Lets see what happens next year.
John 3:16

NRA,,, Lifer

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 06-02-2019, 4:08 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpage View Post
Interesting....

Lets see what happens next year.
I don't know if that would be much of a bellweather as 2020 is a Presidential election year and one would expect revenue to increase. Were it to not increase or decrease, or were it to increase tremendously, perhaps those circumstances would be worthwhile. But I'd expect an increase about the same as an off year or a bit more would be expected and not tell us much.
Old 06-02-2019, 4:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

If the attacks from Bloomberg groups and useful idiot gun owners that will believe anything that badmouths the NRA and refuse to take the time to do any research to see if it is true are any indication, I would say that rational gun owners will make it another record fundraising/membership year.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Old 06-03-2019, 8:28 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Yesterday the NRA volunteers at the Orange County Crossroads show told me they signed up 200 new members into the NRA.

I asked about the Wayne La Pierre supposed controversy and was told "1 Idiot brought it up..."

Apparently the La Pierre story is a no story except for a handful of NRA hating cal gunners.
Old 06-03-2019, 8:50 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Retire Wayne and it will grow even more.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:26 PM
Banned

How come they are claiming they need more money or they'll disappear then? I'm confused.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Retire Wayne and it will grow even more.
OK Jimi how much will you personally contribute after Wayne is gone ?

Be careful what you wish for as there is a good reason Bloomberg and company want him out. Namely to get a replacement who will be reasonable to their anti gun agenda!

Last edited by ja308; 06-03-2019 at 10:06 PM..
Old 06-03-2019, 11:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post

Be careful what you wish for as there is a good reason Bloomberg and company want him out. Namely to get a replacement who will be reasonable to their anti gun agenda!
Bloomberg doesn't want him out, they want the NRA gone. Wayne is already on the enemies team, that's all they can hope for until the NRA is gone for good. You wanna make the left start sweating? Replace all the higher ups in the NRA with people who are true 2A supporters and would gladly take a small salary and use the money to take back some of our rights. All Wayne and co are doing right now is bleeding the NRA for every penny they can until there's nothing left.
Old 06-04-2019, 5:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
Bloomberg doesn't want him out, they want the NRA gone. Wayne is already on the enemies team, that's all they can hope for until the NRA is gone for good. You wanna make the left start sweating? Replace all the higher ups in the NRA with people who are true 2A supporters and would gladly take a small salary and use the money to take back some of our rights. All Wayne and co are doing right now is bleeding the NRA for every penny they can until there's nothing left.
I don't think there's a way to get Wayne & Co. out at this point... they have all the power. The Board is an ineffectual paper tiger composed primarily of yes-men. The only way he'll be out is if he sees that the gravy train is about to run out and he cashes in his golden parachute while he still can.

Are you a Fascist and don't even realize it? Find out! https://www.idrlabs.com/8-values-political/test.php
Old 06-04-2019, 8:04 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
We are fortunate to have a cal gunner of your stature telling we NRA members how to win and what we need.

You should be a little careful on how you advise NRA members . Calgunners could think of you as the Walter Mitty of cal guns.

Any questions Walt ?
Old 06-04-2019, 8:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
We are fortunate to have a cal gunner of your stature telling we NRA members how to win and what we need.

You should be a little careful on how you advise NRA members . Calgunners could think of you as the Walter Mitty of cal guns.

Any questions Walt ?
It is amazing how he has access to Bloomberg's personal plans and all these financial records that allows him to make these claims about the NRA without looking like a fool that is just making stuff up. It's almost like he works for Bloomberg and his anti-NRA organizations.

Old 06-04-2019, 11:01 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Contributions won't change from me, I'm in for the long run. If the NRA wants to attract millenials (which they will need when we die out) they need to make a better effort. The old scary guy won't cut it. He's a perfect target.

Dana would be a far more effective recruiter. No one thinks the NRA's core mission will change with any leadership swaps. That's Chicken Little thinking.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:

Any questions Walt ?
It's not just me, a very large portion of the gun community agrees. Only the blind fools like you that have your head so far up Wayne's a** can't seem to understand that you're getting screwed over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
It is amazing how he has access to Bloomberg's personal plans and all these financial records that allows him to make these claims about the NRA without looking like a fool that is just making stuff up. It's almost like he works for Bloomberg and his anti-NRA organizations.
Don't need to have access to any plans, any person with half a brain can see that. The left hasn't been able to take down the NRA yet, so the next best thing is to have a leader that is ineffective and cooperates with gun control. You and JA can just keep throwing money at Wayne like an expensive stripper who's giving you every STD known to man. You idiots only have ONE response, that no gun owner can be upset with the NRA so we are clearly paid by bloomberg. Well I haven't got my check yet, but at this point I'd gladly take the enemie's money to inform people of the NRA's corruption in hope of swaying them to a more honorable and effective organization. The fact that you two aren't upset with the way the NRA is using members money at this point is disgusting.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Contributions won't change from me, I'm in for the long run. If the NRA wants to attract millenials (which they will need when we die out) they need to make a better effort. The old scary guy won't cut it. He's a perfect target.

Dana would be a far more effective recruiter. No one thinks the NRA's core mission will change with any leadership swaps. That's Chicken Little thinking.
This. I almost bet the NRA's membership for millennials is almost 0.

I have a lot of 2A friends and those that join the NRA do so begrudgingly. The mission of the NRA should always be for preservation of the 2A and should never waiver on that, but how it goes about promoting said mission most adapt. The NRA cannot be propped up on Estate Sales and Social Security checks.

Last edited by BryMan92; 06-04-2019 at 11:55 AM..
Old 06-04-2019, 12:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It's not just me, a very large portion of the gun community agrees. Only the blind fools like you that have your head so far up Wayne's a** can't seem to understand that you're getting screwed over.

Don't need to have access to any plans, any person with half a brain can see that. The left hasn't been able to take down the NRA yet, so the next best thing is to have a leader that is ineffective and cooperates with gun control. You and JA can just keep throwing money at Wayne like an expensive stripper who's giving you every STD known to man. You idiots only have ONE response, that no gun owner can be upset with the NRA so we are clearly paid by bloomberg. Well I haven't got my check yet, but at this point I'd gladly take the enemie's money to inform people of the NRA's corruption in hope of swaying them to a more honorable and effective organization. The fact that you two aren't upset with the way the NRA is using members money at this point is disgusting.
Didn't learn from your last ban, did you?

Old 06-04-2019, 12:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It's a hoot when you think about it - folks who are neither members nor financial supporters telling an organization how it should behave, and telling its members what's best for them. Reminds me of that line in Braveheart when Patrick McGoohan says "who is this person who speaks to me as though I need his advice?"

There's a not so fine line between being constructive and simply being derogatory. No one should mind where a good idea comes from, but that's not what tends to be posted, unfortunately.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Bloomberg doesn't want him out, they want the NRA gone. Wayne is already on the enemies team, that's all they can hope for until the NRA is gone for good.
I guess that's why Bloomberg's organizations keep publishing articles going after La Pierre personally and not only the NRA as an organization. It helps if your reasoning stays consistent and makes sense instead of destroying your own argument.

Old 06-04-2019, 1:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
I learned that this forum, much like this great state of ours, likes to censor people with different opinions from their own. I was under the impression that this was a website made up of adults, but clearly if someone's delicate sensibilities gets offended by what I had said, it's made up of immature snowflakes who are no different than the commies that run this state. Funny how you and the other dip didn't get banned for your name calling, huh? Definitely not biased.
Old 06-04-2019, 1:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
It's a hoot when you think about it - folks who are neither members nor financial supporters telling an organization how it should behave, and telling its members what's best for them. Reminds me of that line in Braveheart when Patrick McGoohan says "who is this person who speaks to me as though I need his advice?"

There's a not so fine line between being constructive and simply being derogatory. No one should mind where a good idea comes from, but that's not what tends to be posted, unfortunately.
So replacing the money suckers in the NRA with people who genuinely care about the second amendment and protecting our rights is a bad idea? I don't want the NRA to go away, I want the people running it into the ground and trashing the idea of the NRA to be replaced by people who would rather regain some of our rights over a big paycheck.
Old 06-04-2019, 5:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I learned that this forum, much like this great state of ours, likes to censor people with different opinions from their own. I was under the impression that this was a website made up of adults, but clearly if someone's delicate sensibilities gets offended by what I had said, it's made up of immature snowflakes who are no different than the commies that run this state. Funny how you and the other dip didn't get banned for your name calling, huh? Definitely not biased.
No, you were temporarily banned for breaking the forum rules.

Kes does allow a certain amount of "wiggle room" for some mild
snark and whatnot, but personal vulgarities are almost certain
to activate the Ban Hammer.

Your vulgar comments were not any kind of legitimate rebuttal,
they were inappropriate and unproductive to the debate. Yes,
I saw and responded to them before they were taken down,
along with my response.

That is what got you a Temp Ban.

Kes owns this Private forum and sets the rules we all agree to abide
by when we sign up.

Having said that, I'm a Free Speech Absolutist, so I don't really like
to see people banned over what they have said, and have even
advocated for someone to be unbanned after they insulted me and
got a ban. The mods graciously allowed the person back onto the
forum, and we finished the debate.

But its not my Forum, and Kes has decided a certain level of decorum
is to be maintained. So I try to respect his rules.

Noble
Old 06-04-2019, 5:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Cause View Post
No, you were temporarily banned for breaking the forum rules.

Kes does allow a certain amount of "wiggle room" for some mild
snark and whatnot, but personal vulgarities are almost certain
to activate the Ban Hammer.

Your vulgar comments were not any kind of legitimate rebuttal,
they were inappropriate and unproductive to the debate. Yes,
I saw and responded to them before they were taken down,
along with my response.

That is what got you a Temp Ban.

Kes owns this Private forum and sets the rules we all agree to abide
by when we sign up.

Having said that, I'm a Free Speech Absolutist, so I don't really like
to see people banned over what they have said, and have even
advocated for someone to be unbanned after they insulted me and
got a ban. The mods graciously allowed the person back onto the
forum, and we finished the debate.

But its not my Forum, and Kes has decided a certain level of decorum
is to be maintained. So I try to respect his rules.

Noble
I don't see what I said as vulgar at all. It was a light hearted joke that people here apparently can't handle. Every other gun forum I've been on allows free speech as long as you aren't threatening anyone. This forum, much like this state, is so afraid of people getting offended that they ban people for any little thing that can be considered offensive. The other guy, who just so happened to be against the NRA, was also banned, but the others we were arguing with were not. This other idiot non-stop calls anyone he disagrees with a Hillary supporter. THAT is a serious insult that I'd deck someone for calling me in person. Seems pretty biased to me.
Old 06-04-2019, 6:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
So replacing the money suckers in the NRA with people who genuinely care about the second amendment and protecting our rights is a bad idea? I don't want the NRA to go away, I want the people running it into the ground and trashing the idea of the NRA to be replaced by people who would rather regain some of our rights over a big paycheck.
Well that's fine. If you're a member, how do you propose to do that? If you aren't, you can't - you'll need to convince others to do something about it. Just for sh*ts & grins, who should replace Wayne Lapierre and what are his/her qualifications. What would it take to get that person on board? What would this person do to expand 2nd Amendment rights that's not being done by the current crew?

Again, if anyone puts forth "here's my idea, why it will work and we'll be better off" it's worth listening to. But I learned a long time ago that trying to raise one's self by trashing someone else, rather than extolling your own company virtues, doesn't close the deal. Most prospective clients look down at that sort of thing, it loses the deal.
Old 06-04-2019, 6:03 PM

Quote:

Any questions Walt ?
The irony of YOU making this statement. In other threads, you have openly stated that the 2nd amendment shouldn't apply to democrats and those of "immoral character." Seems that YOU should be careful on how to advise NRA members, as you clearly do not support the 2nd amendment.
Old 06-04-2019, 6:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I don't see what I said as vulgar at all. It was a light hearted joke that people here apparently can't handle. Every other gun forum I've been on allows free speech as long as you aren't threatening anyone. This forum, much like this state, is so afraid of people getting offended that they ban people for any little thing that can be considered offensive. The other guy, who just so happened to be against the NRA, was also banned, but the others we were arguing with were not. This other idiot non-stop calls anyone he disagrees with a Hillary supporter. is a serious insult that I'd deck someone for calling me in person. Seems pretty biased to me.
You do realize that this makes you sound like a violent and unstable person?
Funny you call others snowflakes. At least they don't threaten violence over words.

Old 06-04-2019, 6:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
You do realize that this makes you sound like a violent and unstable person?
Funny you call others snowflakes. At least they don't threaten violence over words.
It was another joke. I guess my sense of humor isn't understood here. Still, it was a serious insult. Much more so than my "dong" comment.
Old 06-04-2019, 6:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
Well that's fine. If you're a member, how do you propose to do that? If you aren't, you can't - you'll need to convince others to do something about it. Just for sh*ts & grins, who should replace Wayne Lapierre and what are his/her qualifications. What would it take to get that person on board? What would this person do to expand 2nd Amendment rights that's not being done by the current crew?

Again, if anyone puts forth "here's my idea, why it will work and we'll be better off" it's worth listening to. But I learned a long time ago that trying to raise one's self by trashing someone else, rather than extolling your own company virtues, doesn't close the deal. Most prospective clients look down at that sort of thing, it loses the deal.
I don't know the who. I do know that they should be putting the 2A over their salary. Salaries should be capped at $100ish thousand, there should be term limits for board members and no members who do nothing (like Sellek and Nugent). The board should be capped at like 30 people. They need to stop with the fear mongering ads, and stop with all these shows and "celebrities" that that only appeal to gun owners. The purpose of these shows should be to show the positive side of owning guns like defensive shooting stories and such. They should be trying to appeal to people who don't support guns, try to convert people and lure in younger generations so that the 2A doesn't die out. They also need to stop focusing on political matters outside of 2A. The NRA is pretty much a Republican organization at this point, which turns a lot of people off. No one looks to the NRA for their stance on abortion or immigration. Focus on firearms. To top it off, they need to be completely transparent about how they use the money donated to them, and every penny should be used exclusively for 2A related matters. And most importantly, they need to stop siding the enemy! They need to take the same stance as some of the other 2A organizations, absolutely no compromise. With the amount of money donated to them every year, they could easily challenge a lot of these federal gun laws with some pretty good success. If they start winning some real fights, that will make more people want to join and donate money to them. The goal of any 2A organization should be for them to close down because they aren't necessary anymore.

Last edited by Python6357; 06-04-2019 at 6:22 PM..
Old 06-04-2019, 7:40 PM

Quote:
The fact that you two aren't upset with the way the NRA is using members money at this point is disgusting.
Yes, it is tragic they haven't been swayed by your incredibly cogent arguments.
Old 06-04-2019, 7:41 PM

Quote:
I guess my sense of humor isn't understood here.
Sure, that's it. You're really a riot, people just miss it.
Old 06-04-2019, 7:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT View Post
Yes, it is tragic they haven't been swayed by your incredibly cogent arguments.
They don't have to listen to a damn thing I say. If they took an objective look at all the evidence that has come out instead of "The NRA is perfect and can never do anything wrong", they would see that what the NRA is using the donated money for is wrong. Are you ok with them paying a law firm $100k a day, a law firm that donates to democraps like Obama and Hillary? How about the millions Wayne has used for his private jets, fancy clothes, and bimbo girlfriend?
Old 06-04-2019, 7:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sure, that's it. You're really a riot, people just miss it.
Never said I was funny or that people have enjoy my sense of humor. The immaturity of the people on this forum is pretty sad. It's like talking to a bunch of millennials who need their "safe space" so that their feelings don't get hurt.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
They don't have to listen to a damn thing I say. If they took an objective look at all the evidence that has come out instead of "The NRA is perfect and can never do anything wrong", they would see that what the NRA is using the donated money for is wrong. Are you ok with them paying a law firm $100k a day, a law firm that donates to democraps like Obama and Hillary? How about the millions Wayne has used for his private jets, fancy clothes, and bimbo girlfriend?
People listened, and were unconvinced. That's on you.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
People listened, and were unconvinced. That's on you.
But refusing to look at evidence because it was published first by a liberal news site, that's on them. It's not my fault some people on this forum are too stubborn or too brainwashed to take an objective look at evidence. If they can't understand that the "liberal media" didn't manufacture the evidence, then that's their stupidity. I know that the media is incredibly unreliable and should never be taken at their word, but a look at the 990s and everything coming out in the lawsuit with Ackmac is pretty solid evidence. Some people will never admit that the sky is blue, all you can do is bring them outside and let them see for themselves. If they still refuse to accept it, not my problem.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:22 PM

Quote:
But refusing to look at evidence because it was published first by a liberal news site, that's on them. It's not my fault some people on this forum are too stubborn or too brainwashed to take an objective look at evidence. If they can't understand that the "liberal media" didn't manufacture the evidence, then that's their stupidity. I know that the media is incredibly unreliable and should never be taken at their word, but a look at the 990s and everything coming out in the lawsuit with Ackmac is pretty solid evidence. Some people will never admit that the sky is blue, all you can do is bring them outside and let them see for themselves. If they still refuse to accept it, not my problem.
It is your problem because you came here to convince people to dump the NRA. So far you’ve only won over the ‘Frito Bandito’. That’s because your arguments are pathetic, and not worth the time it takes to read them. You are a crappy writer. Own it.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
It is your problem because you came here to convince people to dump the NRA. So far you’ve only won over the ‘Frito Bandito’. That’s because your arguments are pathetic, and not worth the time it takes to read them. You are a crappy writer. Own it.
You been drinking tonight? I didn't come here to convince anyone of anything, nor have I. The people criticizing the NRA made that decision on their own, because they were able to look at the evidence and decide for themselves instead of just blindly worshiping the NRA as their savior. You and JA308 are the ones making pathetic arguments, if you can even call them that. Your friend there literally said in another thread that the NRA can never do anything wrong. Do you know how absurd that is? You guys haven't even made an argument that makes sense. All I've seen are people repeat the exact same phrases over and over while ignoring the facts. And then of course, call anyone criticizing the NRA a paid liberal troll because clearly there's not thousands of gun owners pissed off at the NRA, it's only one or two paid trolls who make thousands of accounts on dozens of websites to try to sway opinions. I guess we're just some darn Russian bots, huh? No one defending the NRA seems to be able to provide any excuse for Wayne's spending habits, or his girlfriends rent coming out of the NRA's pocket, or the fact that the NRA's law firm donates to the very democrats you are claiming to be against. How about all the gun control they've supported? I'm the pathetic one? In my book, someone who will blindly follow and support something no matter what is far more pathetic.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:03 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
^5
Besides being a crappy writer. his arguments against the NRA all come from democrat and or 5th column types !

He and the corn chip cartoon guy are so envious/jealouys of NRA leaders and members !
Old 06-05-2019, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
^5
Besides being a crappy writer. his arguments against the NRA all come from democrat and or 5th column types !

He and the corn chip cartoon guy are so envious/jealouys of NRA leaders and members !
Thanks for proving my point. No, my arguments come from the EVIDENCE that has come out. That evidence, though published by many media sites, was not manufactured by them. I don't understand how you can't comprehend that, it's like talking to a child. Glad to see your argument hasn't changed. Of course, everyone in the world is jealous of a corrupt, traitorous, thief that cheats on his wife! I mean, who wouldn't be jealous of that kind of person?
Old 06-05-2019, 5:46 PM
Head Janitor

Quote:
It's not just me, a very large portion of the gun community agrees. Only the blind fools like you that have your head so far up Wayne's a**
Quote:
Apparently not.

Quote:
I learned that this forum, much like this great state of ours, likes to censor people with different opinions from their own.
Apparently he's also incapable of taking responsibility for his own words and actions.

Pro Tip: Try reading the Rules and following them instead of trying to blame others for your inability to do so.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 06-05-2019, 9:06 PM

Well now that's a shame.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Never said I was funny or that people have enjoy my sense of humor. The immaturity of the people on this forum is pretty sad. It's like talking to a bunch of millennials who need their "safe space" so that their feelings don't get hurt.
Projecting much?