Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:54 AM

Question Crossbreed v Black Arch

G43 with TLR6

Black Arch does not make IWB Protos-M model for TLR6 only Light/Laser Bearing ADM which is about the same as the Crossbreed SuperTuck which has only one sided Kydex. ADM has retention adjuster, I think. The question is, is the ADM more comfortable? Does the extra padding and such make it heavier and bulkier?

Does the retention screw work well? How is the service/warranty? Crossbreed responds fast but I have to pay shipping which I haven't have time to package it and find out the shipping cost so it might be better to get one with retention screws.

If anyone has experience on whether the clips from them are interchangeable? eg. using the v-clip from Crossbreed on Black Arch.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by husadee View Post
G43 with TLR6

Black Arch does not make IWB Protos-M model for TLR6 only Light/Laser Bearing ADM which is about the same as the Crossbreed SuperTuck which has only one sided Kydex. ADM has retention adjuster, I think. The question is, is the ADM more comfortable? Does the extra padding and such make it heavier and bulkier?

Does the retention screw work well? How is the service/warranty? Crossbreed responds fast but I have to pay shipping which I haven't have time to package it and find out the shipping cost so it might be better to get one with retention screws.

If anyone has experience on whether the clips from them are interchangeable? eg. using the v-clip from Crossbreed on Black Arch.

Stealthgear or JM are better options for both types

If you buy a gun from me and fail to pass background, I will keep at least 50% of the sale price to compensate me for the time you've wasted of mine (sale and failed sale pickup), so if you're in doubt, don't buy my guns.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:56 PM

Stealthgear looks fine but the mounting hardware is complete open to your skin. Do you feel those metal wearing it? I only tried the leather backing so far, how does it feel compare to the Venticore? I suppose the ADM is mostly the same material in the middle. I never try the pure kydex and 1 clip, wouldn't the kydex feel pretty hard on your skin?

Could you explain why Venticore or IWB Universal be better choices?
Old 10-07-2018, 1:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Stealthgear looks fine but the mounting hardware is complete open to your skin. Do you feel those metal wearing it? I only tried the leather backing so far, how does it feel compare to the Venticore? I suppose the ADM is mostly the same material in the middle. I never try the pure kydex and 1 clip, wouldn't the kydex feel pretty hard on your skin?

Ventcore is very comfortable and light, leather in comparison wears heavy and hot. Full kydex has best retention and speed, and two clip options are available (I prefer single clip without belts and two clip with belts). I use several JM holsters for different situations and still use my stealthgear when wearing all day. Kydex is harder but if built right can still be relatively comfortable.

If you buy a gun from me and fail to pass background, I will keep at least 50% of the sale price to compensate me for the time you've wasted of mine (sale and failed sale pickup), so if you're in doubt, don't buy my guns.
Old 10-07-2018, 5:11 PM

Ventcore vs ADM? They seem about the same but ADM looks to have some spacer (not sure if it helps with tension adjustment) between kydex and backing. BlackArch has a version that cover the inner side of the gun too but they don't have one for lighted weapon. Would that be the best combination instead of half kydex half material?
Old 10-08-2018, 9:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Nope not at all. Sg ventcore has been my #1 pick and carry. My buddy who was dead on an alien gear fanboi ditched it for the ventcore after tryn it. He used to not carry at times cuz the ag wasnt comfy enuff and kept complaining to me when i pat him down and he's unarmed (keep in mind he is LE). Im like “dude yo ***** needs to be packn, cuz when ur around me, I dont wannabe the only guy thats gotta cover yo ***** cuz some thug wants revenge on you”. He's gotten a lot of death threats due to the nature of the line of work.

10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>
Old 10-09-2018, 7:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m98 View Post
Nope not at all. Sg ventcore has been my #1 pick and carry. My buddy who was dead on an alien gear fanboi ditched it for the ventcore after tryn it. He used to not carry at times cuz the ag wasnt comfy enuff and kept complaining to me when i pat him down and he's unarmed (keep in mind he is LE). Im like “dude yo ***** needs to be packn, cuz when ur around me, I dont wannabe the only guy thats gotta cover yo ***** cuz some thug wants revenge on you”. He's gotten a lot of death threats due to the nature of the line of work.
Do you know if SG runs discount like Crossbreed? If they do, when? I might give them a try. Do you know if their J clip work well? Are the clips compatible across different brand?