Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: What are your feelings about Front Sight?
Great Training for Beginners Only. 88 8.33%
Great Training Beginner and Advanced. 696 65.85%
The Quality of Training is Going Down Hill. 24 2.27%
I paid too much for my Membership! 47 4.45%
They will go out of business this year! 31 2.93%
Don't want anything to do with them! 171 16.18%
Voters: 1057. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 6:12 PM

Thank you Paseclipse.
Can you also get away with having one weapon light (switching from shotgun to rifle) or having TWO mounted lights on each firearm is a must?

Thank you.
Old 12-09-2021, 7:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by proglock View Post
Thank you Paseclipse.
Can you also get away with having one weapon light (switching from shotgun to rifle) or having TWO mounted lights on each firearm is a must?

Thank you.
Your fine there too I imagine.
Old 12-09-2021, 8:16 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Just arrived at my Inbox - Knight for $1,997Ö Bring up to nine (9) for private training.

_
Old 12-09-2021, 8:56 PM
Veteran Member

I broke down and bought it. Considering I need another private for my other son that would cost right around 1k. Considering the pistol and such added in it is not too bad. Donít need another 1911 but whatever..
Old 12-09-2021, 10:44 PM

Thinking of taking advantage as well.
Old 12-09-2021, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Anybody here who has been to 2 Day Long Gun Tactical class and used birdshot instead of 00 buckshot? The class requires 325 rounds of 00 buckshot and Ammo Bunker sells $20/box (5 shells per box) making it $4/shell.

Thank you.
I just saw an ad from Discount Gun Mart in San Diego for an ammo can of 100 rounds of 2.75" 00 buckshot for $69.95

The more time I spend on this forum, the more sense kcbrown makes.
Old 12-10-2021, 5:26 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Anybody here who has been to 2 Day Long Gun Tactical class and used birdshot instead of 00 buckshot? The class requires 325 rounds of 00 buckshot and Ammo Bunker sells $20/box (5 shells per box) making it $4/shell.

Thank you.
Ammo Supply Warehouse in Pahrump has Buckshot available, 200rds for $110. You can call them, pay online and pick them up.

https://www.ammosupplywarehouse.com/...cPath=3_93_283
Old 12-11-2021, 5:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Haven't posted here in a while. I see whats his name is up to his old tricks with the Nights and Flounders? I have a special e mail folder for Front sight e mails that I haven't cleared out since 2018, over that time there are 4,868 e mails, gotta love his hype! Haven't even looked at 1 e mail since well before 2018.

My bro paid $4k, got a free handgun, and could take all the handgun classes they had forever back in 2008.

In 2008 it sounded like a deal, by the time I checked into it 2009 they were offering Diamonds for $2k and a free handgun! Plus take any course they had with 2 weeks notice and ANY COURSE THEY HAD IN THE FUTURE!! What a deal! Along with Defensive driving courses to be offered shortly and other things. HA HA Bro, lookie what I got!!

Then, there was buy as many Diamond memberships you like for $500 a pop and you can transfer them to anyone you like! What a deal!! Grabbed 4 for another $2k

Then, you could buy all the Diamonds you want for $250!! They were flying out the door, people bought hundreds of them! I bought another 4 for $1k!! How can people pass that up? Especially when you can take any course at Front Sight and any course the offered in the future! A great deal! But now there 10's of 1000's of them out there and IIRC there was a Diamond Membership deal for $125 each too!

So far FS has me for $5k in memberships. I gave a Diamond to my brother who got ripped off for the $4k handgun membership deal and another to another brother of the same mother.

So, serious question, what is a Diamond worth? I still got 6 to transfer! Any way to make back my $5k investment which was the purpose of buying them to begin with. Perhaps I can sell a Diamond for a incredible 50% half off price of my original of $2k, $1000? Whats the skinny?

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by SWalt; 12-11-2021 at 6:05 PM..
Old 12-11-2021, 6:09 PM

All of your Diamond memberships should have been converted to Founder memberships now. I have no idea what they are worth.
The way, I feel, it is best to recoup your investment is to train in as many classes as possible.
Old 12-11-2021, 7:04 PM

Got the phone call today from him. But this time he didn't relay the /whatever that goes after their website address to see what the offer was. For some reason, most of his emails don't come through to me. Checking my account, it looks like the Commander and Patriot memberships got changed to Founder and Legacy. I think I now have more 4-day classes and gun rentals?

Can someone relay what the /whatever is I need to access the offer I assume he is making? PM if posting it is not appropriate.

Thanks

Last edited by Curious1; 12-11-2021 at 7:05 PM.. Reason: grammatical correction
Old 12-11-2021, 8:33 PM
Veteran Member

Pm sent
Old 12-12-2021, 1:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAllen View Post
All of your Diamond memberships should have been converted to Founder memberships now. I have no idea what they are worth.
The way, I feel, it is best to recoup your investment is to train in as many classes as possible.
Interesting.....that is suppose to be automatic?

ETA: Just checked my account......I guess I'm a Flounder now.

ETA: You can buy a Founder membership for $60k. I guess my net worth just went up considerably. 6 TBD x $60k = $360,000!

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by SWalt; 12-12-2021 at 2:17 PM..
Old 12-12-2021, 1:06 PM

Yes, log into your MyFrontSight account to check what you got.
Old 12-12-2021, 1:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Huh.....interesting.....I got $1000 in credits from 2018. I guess that makes up for some of my cost.

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

Old 12-12-2021, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
Huh.....interesting.....I got $1000 in credits from 2018. I guess that makes up for some of my cost.
You would think. The credits aren't as useful as you might hope. Mostly you can use them for the $50 background check and a discount at the pro shop, if you need/want anything. $1K credits will give you 20 years of background checks.
Old 12-13-2021, 6:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAllen View Post
You would think. The credits aren't as useful as you might hope. Mostly you can use them for the $50 background check and a discount at the pro shop, if you need/want anything. $1K credits will give you 20 years of background checks.
I have enough for everyone's Lifetime!
Old 12-13-2021, 8:25 PM
Why Change the Default?
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

As it turned out, ALL of my existing memberships were converted to Knight. While this sounds great, it has some downsides, including:
-- Not everyone WANTS to be a Knight.
-- There is a much more complicated process to transfer the membership
-- I have given lots of memberships to people I don't know. But the Knight level is asking for a specific level of FS support. How do I know if the recipient will be that level of supporter?

Because of all this, I talked with the Concierge folks and asked if they would downgrade 100 of my memberships to something lower. Sure enough, the next day I had 100 Founder memberships.

Probably, if/when they do a trade-in of assets I have lowered my FS "Net Worth." But I have sure made my life easier for passing on FS memberships.

If you are in the same boat, give them a call. They were very pleasant about the whole thing...
Old 12-13-2021, 8:27 PM
Why Change the Default?
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

As it turned out, ALL of my existing memberships were converted to Knight. While this sounds great, it has some downsides, including:
-- Not everyone WANTS to be a Knight.
-- There is a much more complicated process to transfer the membership
-- I have given lots of memberships to people I don't know. But the Knight level is asking for a specific level of FS support. How do I know if the recipient will be that level of supporter?

Because of all this, I talked with the Concierge folks and asked if they would downgrade 100 of my memberships to something lower. Sure enough, the next day I had 100 Founder memberships.

Probably, if/when they do a trade-in of assets I have lowered my FS "Net Worth." But I have sure made my life easier for passing on FS memberships.

If you are in the same boat, give them a call. They were very pleasant about the whole thing...
Old 12-14-2021, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
So, serious question, what is a Diamond worth? I still got 6 to transfer! Any way to make back my $5k investment which was the purpose of buying them to begin with. Perhaps I can sell a Diamond for a incredible 50% half off price of my original of $2k, $1000? Whats the skinny?
I paid $99 for my Diamond some years ago. Since then got $1,000 from Piazza in FS dollars which can be used for the yearly background check.

I think FS upgraded all the Diamonds etc. to a new label recently.
Old 12-14-2021, 7:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
He has been gone for a while
any idea why? (Bill C, operations manager)

Knight of Front Sight
Gold Star Member

Last edited by LCU1670; 12-14-2021 at 7:28 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 12-14-2021, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
the Knight level is asking for a specific level of FS support. How do I know if the recipient will be that level of supporter?
When I upgraded to Knight (about a year ago) I had to fill out this really long questionnaire about why I should be considered to be a Knight. All questions about how I would represent FS if I was chosen to be a Knight. Is this what you're talking about?

Bottom line is, I'm sure anyone that had the money to buy a Knight membership sure was an upstanding person and I highly doubt anyone was turned down.

Old 12-14-2021, 8:15 PM

My problem now is, if I paid for a Knight for the privates, didn't we just add a million "Knights" that are all gonna want privates? Didn't he just totally dilute the supposed "highest level membership"

Old 12-15-2021, 8:17 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoWrench View Post
My problem now is, if I paid for a Knight for the privates, didn't we just add a million "Knights" that are all gonna want privates? Didn't he just totally dilute the supposed "highest level membership"
Realize many of the new "Knights" already had private training.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:10 AM

Quote:
My problem now is, if I paid for a Knight for the privates, didn't we just add a million "Knights" that are all going to want privates? Didn't he just totally dilute the supposed "highest level membership"
Certain there are several "Flounders" that have private training. From 1 through many.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:31 AM

Piazza is just a wonderful, honest, transparent businessman who who many people gladly support. But if anyone asked about doing business with any other outfit that conducts business the same way they would proudly thump their chests and say they wouldn't do it.
Old 12-15-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I thought about this as well. But as others have mentioned, there were most likely many with lower-level memberships that already had private training as part of their membership, as an add-on, etc. But in reality, I wonder how many actually take advantage of that perk on a regular basis?
Old 12-15-2021, 8:08 PM

Default Front Sight Founder Member

Anyone know what is a "Front Sight Founder Member".

Just got upgraded....
Old 12-15-2021, 10:28 PM

Here you go.
https://www.frontsight.com/founder-membership.asp
Old 12-15-2021, 11:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Ok, what is this promise of Founders-only range?

Private training? Isnít that what Knights get?

Quote:
will have access to specially designated Founder Members Only Ranges that will be staffed by Front Sight Range Masters, Instructors, and Range Safety Officers, allowing you and your group to train privately and independently with instruction from Front Sight personnel.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You're catching on! Welcome to Front Sight!!

(I won't knock the training though. Make use of it and it pays for itself)

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

Old 12-16-2021, 9:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by msat10 View Post
Anyone know what is a "Front Sight Founder Member".

Just got upgraded....
https://www.frontsight.com/founder-membership.asp
Old 12-16-2021, 12:12 PM

I am staying out of the Knight Program. I went from Heritage to Founders. I have been offered many times the Knight Membership. I didn't like agreeing with all of the Conditions. Many people are fine with it, but I am reluctant to do so at this time. I plan on being a Major Player in the development of Front Sight one day, when I have time to lend my expertise to the Group.
Old 12-16-2021, 1:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Chicago View Post
I am staying out of the Knight Program. I went from Heritage to Founders. I have been offered many times the Knight Membership. I didn't like agreeing with all of the Conditions. Many people are fine with it, but I am reluctant to do so at this time. I plan on being a Major Player in the development of Front Sight one day, when I have time to lend my expertise to the Group.
I haven't been getting his emails nor been reading about the latest upgrades with interest, but what kind of conditions are tied to being a Knight? What bothers you most about it? All I want is to attend classes at FS.

Old 12-16-2021, 2:02 PM

I wonder with all the people worried about Front Sight being saturated with so many Knights now and how it will negatively affect their ability to schedule private classes, etc., how many of you actually go out to Front Sight regularly and actually use your membership enough to actually take advantage of all the perks it has to offer? Or do many her just like to whine and complain at anything?

As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, I'd be a bit upset if I had paid a ton for my membership in the past, and then seen that many just got upgraded to the same membership without paying any more, or were made promises by Dr. Piazza as far as houses, condos, the resort, etc., and decades later it's been a very slow development.

I'm just interested int he classes and for what I've paid I've got my money's worth many, many times over. Even if I pulled the trigger on the $1,997 Knight offer I'd still be ahead of the game. Been there six times in a year and a half and really have zero complaints about the classes, the staff and the overall experience. Don't care about credits, promotions, free stuff, etc. Just want to train, and for that alone I've been very happy.

Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 12-16-2021 at 2:13 PM..
Old 12-16-2021, 10:03 PM
Veteran Member

For me it was worth it. Most folks like to bitch. They donít utilize the training or go with something else. At the end of the day the training is solid. Personally got it for the additional private trainings. I counted up my classes 15 in the last few years. I can honestly say I am much improved for it.
I do care for the credits though as I like to shoot the uzi at lunch and at $1.20 a round you better have plenty of credits to burn. Hell where else am I going to put a machine gun in my kids hands other than the military.
Old 12-17-2021, 6:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
I haven't been getting his emails nor been reading about the latest upgrades with interest, but what kind of conditions are tied to being a Knight? What bothers you most about it? All I want is to attend classes at FS.
There are a whole series of questions you have to either agree to and If you don't you are probably not going to be accepted. I will let someone else give you the Questions. As a Knight you aren't suppose to share any information that is contained in the Knight Program.
Old 12-17-2021, 7:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight what special skills or talents or dedication to our cause do you possess that would be of benefit to Front Sight in operating, guiding, protecting, and expanding Front Sight? (Do not be shy here. Tell me why I should accept you. Use as much space as you need.)

Answer Yes or No:
If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you make yourself available now and in the future for at least one weekend training seminar per year at Front Sight Las Vegas OR watch the videos of the events if you cannot attend?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight can you make yourself available now and in the future for more than one weekend training seminar per year at Front Sight Las Vegas OR watch the videos of the events if you cannot attend?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to always be honest with Front Sight's Staff, Students, Members, and your fellow Front Sight Knights?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to always conduct yourself in an exemplary manner as a responsible representative of Front Sight even when nobody is watching?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to remain a dedicated guardian of America's freedom through preserving the Second Amendment and expanding Front Sight's purpose and mission?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to share your aptitude, skills and talents in your specific field of expertise with your fellow Front Sight Knights for the betterment of guiding, protecting and expanding Front Sight's purpose and mission?
If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to participate as best you can in the protection and expansion of Front Sight?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to groom a younger family member or family friend to take your place as a Knight of Front Sight before your time has passed

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to constantly look for individuals who possess the inherent personal characteristics of a Front Sight Knight and encourage them to apply for acceptance into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to keep all communication received from me, Front Sight staff and your fellow Knights confidential?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to keep all training materials, policy manuals and Front Sight materials received from me, Front Sight staff and your fellow Knights confidential?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to never publicly disparage the Front Sight organization, any of its members, staff, your fellow Front Sight Knights, or its founder, Dr. Ignatius Piazza?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to never file any type of claim, grievance, lawsuit, arbitration or recourse against the Front Sight organization, any of its members, staff, or your fellow Front Sight Knights, or its founder Dr. Ignatius Piazza?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to rely solely on the confidential and internal dispute resolution process of the Order of the Front Sight Knights and fully accept whatever decision your fellow Front Sight Knights determine is fair should a dispute arise between individual Front Sight Knights and or the Order of the Knights of Front Sight or the Front Sight Organization?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to strive, to the best of your ability, to uphold Front Sight's founding principles of Purpose Duty Exchange established and demonstrated by Dr. Ignatius Piazza?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to strive, to the best of your ability, to guide, protect and expand Front Sight as established and demonstrated by Dr. Ignatius Piazza?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you pledge to strive, to the best of your ability, to ascend to higher and higher levels of participation and leadership within the Order of the Knights of Front Sight?

If accepted into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight will you, to the best of your ability, encourage and sponsor your immediate family members who are worthy of acceptance, to also apply for acceptance into the Order of the Knights of Front Sight?
Old 12-17-2021, 9:12 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

I still have to enjoy the perks of a "President" membership for private training (got mine in the calendar for Feb '22) - and I neither bitch nor whine, nor even worry about credit, guns, etc. I mean, how much was it? $2000, right? In a standard class in SoCal - a day is about $200~250... Even if I factored the initial outlay for a "Diamond" membership - I will still be ahead in the long run. Firearms for me is not a "short term" thing...

That said, for comparison - a 2-day training with JJ Racaza is about $600~700 (which I got in for free). A 2-day training with Christian Sailer is about $400~$500 (which I cancelled due to work)... A 3-day with Rob Leatham and Larry Vickers is about $800~$900 (which got cancelled because of Larry's health condition). And the 5-day 250 class at Gunsite (compare with FS' 4DDHG) is about $1800 (which I am still trying to plan for).

As they say - it's just money... Or better yet - TINSTAAFL...

_
Old 12-17-2021, 3:35 PM

FS marketing is a bit absurd. All the promises for membership upgrades should be taken with a 20 foot hill of salt. If history is any lesson, any held "assets" will be diluted over time. Just focus on getting the training while the doors are still open.

Speaking of which, I just came back from the 4-day Marksmanship class. Had a great time as expected. Mark Iverson and Kevin Coulter are good instructors. Hard skills test. I felt my 9x magnification was a little on the short side for the 200y+ shots. An expert may not be hampered with that mag and I do have a lot of improvement to do to close the skills gap, but I might take the next Skill Builder with a longer scope.
Old 12-17-2021, 3:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks, NorthBay Shooter!

All those pledges are not legally binding, so… can he sue you if, say, you shared FS’s expansion plans to the public? Not that he hasn’t sent the same email to 20,000 other people who aren’t Knights.

“We are … the Knights who say … Ni!”

Closed Thread