Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 02-27-2019, 8:52 AM

Default M3 lawsuit for hearing loss for defective plugs

Has anyone here pursed (put your name on the list) for any of the class action settlements for hearing loss while using M3 plugs between 2003-2015?

I ask, because I am seriously thinking of just throwing my name in and seeing how it unfolds.

However, I am very aware we as veterans make a perfect MARK for these kinds of things to simply be taken advantage of.

I'm hoping the feed back says:
1) yea I submitted my name to attorneys
2) I provided service/medical records covering the time period in question.
3) and that was that.

Last edited by Snoopy47; 02-27-2019 at 8:55 AM..
Old 02-28-2019, 5:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy47 View Post
Has anyone here pursed (put your name on the list) for any of the class action settlements for hearing loss while using M3 plugs between 2003-2015?

I ask, because I am seriously thinking of just throwing my name in and seeing how it unfolds.

However, I am very aware we as veterans make a perfect MARK for these kinds of things to simply be taken advantage of.

I'm hoping the feed back says:
1) yea I submitted my name to attorneys
2) I provided service/medical records covering the time period in question.
3) and that was that.
3M*
Old 02-28-2019, 8:17 PM

For class actions like this, you're basically part of the class unless you opt out, and the class list would be based on some massive roster provided by the DOD or something. I'd otherwise provide name, but not medical records unless they're pretty specific to hearing class and have no PII.
Old 03-01-2019, 5:14 PM

Trying to jump on a law suit for defective ear plugs screams POG. I’m sure someone’s trying to get in on it and can help you.
Old 03-02-2019, 9:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomk556 View Post
For class actions like this, you're basically part of the class unless you opt out, and the class list would be based on some massive roster provided by the DOD or something. I'd otherwise provide name, but not medical records unless they're pretty specific to hearing class and have no PII.

Yea................. looking into it more it looks to be ambulance chasers.

Looking back, I remember various class action notices from my Bank for either themselves, or companies I had investments in. THEY CAME TO ME.

So yea, I'll wait until that happens (if at all).

The settlement was for $9M.

The whistle blower got $1.9M of it.

$7M would be left.

If even just 50,000 service members from the period of time threw in their names you are looking at $140 before fees.
Old 03-02-2019, 2:44 PM

Most class actions are. 1.9m for the named plaintiff is a huge amount, and 7 million or the class is basically go away money at that size, and for that potentially serious an issue.

The only class actions that produce much are ones brought by state attorneys general. Otherwise, it tends to a trivial violation leading to a minuscule settlement for the class and attorneys fees...
Old 03-02-2019, 3:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Sometimes the settlement excludes future medical. You get $140 and they are done with you. Stay out and later when you need hearing aids the VA will go after 3M to pay for them.
Old 03-02-2019, 6:59 PM

The $7 million settlement, less the whistleblower's share, went to the feds to settle the fraud lawsuit. There has not been a lawsuit for damages to servicemembers. That's what they're doing now, fishing for clients for a class action. The disclosure says that 60% of any award or settlement will go to the lawyers with the remaing 40% being split between class members. Basically, it will take 10 years and you'll get 87 cents.