Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 09-27-2020, 7:54 AM

Default Richardson Tactical Experience

Overall, I’ve been pretty lucky to find some truly awesome people to work with. Ron at Best Collateral in SSF is a great guy, Norm down in Gilroy is a cool dude, Larry at Security Six in Hayward is quite the character, and Anthony at UG Imports is quite possibly the fastest in all CA!

However, there are others that just really suck. I avoid Turners at all cost and will flat out refuse to meet anyone there for a PPT. Now, I will be adding Richardson Tactical to that list.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I know PPTs are work and you don’t make money on a PPT, but what about trying to cross sell other business? What if I am in the market for a new rifle, optic, light, ammo, etc? Does this not matter to your bottom line? Apparently not if your Richardson Tactical.

The buyer and I show up early and we’re happy that we were only 3rd in line with others falling in behind us (4-6?). We go to check in and here is the conversation that follows:

Employee: What can we do for you?

PPT Buyer: Hi, I’m here for a private party transaction.

Employee: Did you call ahead?

PPT Buyer: Yes, we did and we know you only do walk-ins. We are ok waiting.

Employee: You do realize that you are my lowest priority and I will help you after everyone here has been helped. EVEN if others show up after everyone here I will help them before I help you. People for a PPT last Saturday waited about 3 and a half hours.

PPT Buyer: What if I’m also buying ammo?

Employee: I’ll let you in for that, but you’ll have to come back out and wait for the PPT.

Me: WTF?!

Now, I get being a low priority and not being excited about us being there, but seriously wtf? How rude can you be?

We did end up waiting because other places already had lines going and luckily our morning wasn’t too busy. In the end, the process took about 2.5 hours of waiting and we were able to complete the transaction. However, they lost a potential customer from both the buyer and myself who will not support this business after a terrible first impression. My hope is that a new shop, with better customer service, open and put these guys on notice.

To the great FFLs out there, thank you for your efforts. I promise to find a way to give you my business whenever I can.

End rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Tactical Bean; 09-27-2020 at 7:59 AM..
Old 09-28-2020, 8:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

That's pretty bad........... Don't blame you for your feelings. I've been in this business for 42 years and imagine that approach to a customer.

So, now it is ironic that the State whittles away at the right of its citizens to defend themselves from the possible oppression of their State.
Judge Roger T. Benitez
LCM's ruled legal 3/29/2019
Old 09-29-2020, 4:00 PM

Lowest Priority?!!? Yeah, that's how you get and keep customers....
Old 09-29-2020, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke8319 View Post
That's pretty bad........... Don't blame you for your feelings. I've been in this business for 42 years and imagine that approach to a customer.
Yeah, I’ve never been treated like that. Kind of surprised to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinnBayArea View Post
Lowest Priority?!!? Yeah, that's how you get and keep customers....
Exactly, but what do I know.
Old 09-29-2020, 8:33 PM

Anthony does PPTs at UG Imports pretty quick from what I've heard. Did you try him before Richardson Tactical?
Old 09-29-2020, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategist102 View Post
Anthony does PPTs at UG Imports pretty quick from what I've heard. Did you try him before Richardson Tactical?

Yeah, I’ve gone to him once before and he’s super rad. Sadly, he didn’t have an opening and the buyer had a tight schedule so we had to make due. Anthony is cool though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk