Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 11-16-2018, 9:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Should I switch to Motorola G6?

Seems to be on sale. considered a budget phone but I think it has most capabilities as my Oneplus 2, that is hitting 3 yrs old in a couple of weeks.

I'm thinking of the motorola G2, on sale at costco. snapdragon 450 (vs. my oneplus snapdragon 810). I compared both and the 810 is still better performing but my oneplus 2 has a built in 64gb storage, vs the motorola having an expandable storage. there are no more updates (android wise) for my oneplus 2, and i do see hangups here and there. I have re-did the OS (factory reset).. what a pita. but i'm good with backing stuff up and putting back what Google doesn't put back.. .although issues is really more configuring apps after that that's more a pita.

i don't do games but can be a semi-power user.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:15 AM
Calguns Addict

I personally only count MicroSD storage for music/movie/pix, not for applications.

Depending on how they build the OS, you might, or might not be able to move applications and app.data, as I recall.

With the correct tick in developer options enabled on my V20, I can move about any application to ext. Storage, but not on some of my old phones, as I recall... In the same way.

Last edited by the86d; 11-16-2018 at 10:21 AM..
Old 11-17-2018, 10:28 AM

Honestly at that price point the Moto G5S plus is a better phone, the G6 has been a pretty meh phone and is a bit long on tooth...

Take a look at the specs for the Honor 8X... It's launching real soon and should be similar in price to the G6 and Superior.

The Honor view 10 is on sale for BF and should be a solid contender for a little more cash as well. It's got expandable storage and NFC...

Dan
Old 11-17-2018, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by high_revs View Post
Seems to be on sale. considered a budget phone but I think it has most capabilities as my Oneplus 2, that is hitting 3 yrs old in a couple of weeks.

I'm thinking of the motorola G2, on sale at costco. snapdragon 450 (vs. my oneplus snapdragon 810). I compared both and the 810 is still better performing but my oneplus 2 has a built in 64gb storage, vs the motorola having an expandable storage. there are no more updates (android wise) for my oneplus 2, and i do see hangups here and there. I have re-did the OS (factory reset).. what a pita. but i'm good with backing stuff up and putting back what Google doesn't put back.. .although issues is really more configuring apps after that that's more a pita.

i don't do games but can be a semi-power user.
If you want Android, get a phone has is rated for android one, since it stock and gets support from google!

https://www.android.com/one/
Old 11-20-2018, 9:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

thanks for insights.

remusrm, i thought nokia was dead! will have to look into it but i'm not too crazy about paying uber crazy price for a phone.