Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 12-21-2021, 10:34 PM

Default Adding to your CCW after you applied..

Is it a process to add a gun to my CCW after I already applied? My dad just passed me two guns that would be great for my CCW. I just started the Intra-Familial Firearm Transaction but it takes about a month to process into my name I heard. Should I wait for those to process and then apply with them on my app. Or is it fine now to apply with 1 gun and add 2 more later. Do they even allow you to add guns that were passed down to you. Appreciate the help.
Old 12-21-2021, 10:42 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

What agency are you applying to? The answer to almost any question you could ask about CCW in CA depends on which county you live in, or more specifically which agency issued your CCW. So always specify.

Also, it will probably take more like 6 months to a year for an intrafamily to process. If you are in a hurry to add them to CCW, then PPT is the way to go.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 12-21-2021 at 10:44 PM..
Old 12-21-2021, 10:49 PM

Im applying to LASD
Old 12-21-2021, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WehoShawn View Post
Im applying to LASD
Then youíll have time.

From what Iíve read, if you havenít interviewed, it may take months till youíre processed and given an approval.

Old 12-21-2021, 11:07 PM

WOW. I didn't realize Intrafamily takes up to a year. Can I do PPT after I already requested the Intrafamily? How long does a PPT take to transfer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
What agency are you applying to? The answer to almost any question you could ask about CCW in CA depends on which county you live in, or more specifically which agency issued your CCW. So always specify.

Also, it will probably take more like 6 months to a year for an intrafamily to process. If you are in a hurry to add them to CCW, then PPT is the way to go.
Old 12-22-2021, 7:40 AM
I need a LIFE!!

The best thing to do is a PPT not an IFT. PPT is very quick and registers the firearm quickly. IFT takes to long.

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!
Old 12-22-2021, 7:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
WOW. I didn't realize Intrafamily takes up to a year. Can I do PPT after I already requested the Intrafamily? How long does a PPT take to transfer?
I wouldn't do that. You could end up with further delays, since there will essentially be two transfers for the same thing in the works.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:16 AM

In my county as long as you put all the guns you want to qualify with on your card you can add them even if you didnít originally apply with them. Once you do the range test you have to wait 2 years to add or change your carry list.
Old 12-23-2021, 5:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
PPT will be complete within the ten day waiting period when you do the transfer.

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!
Old 12-23-2021, 9:52 PM

Do you think I can just add the gun that I did the Intra Familia transfer to my CCW App before its finished processing? Or is that a terrible idea.
Old 12-24-2021, 3:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It took about a month for my modifications to clear in RivCo
Old 12-30-2021, 10:36 AM

For LASD which gun doesn't matter up until the point you do the live fire qualifications. You basically have up until then to change firearms. So you can list whatever on your application and that won't matter until you submit your training certificate to the CCW unit. Once the training cert is submitted it is set in stone until renewal. I would not submit guns that haven't been officially transferred to you as you don't want it coming back as a gun not registered to you. The transfer has to be completed before you can list it on the qualifications certificate otherwise you are going to open another can of worms. Depending on when you submitted you may have a ton of time. Mine took almost 8 months. So you could submit the app wait for the transfer to complete before you do live fire. But the delay would really suck especially if SCOTUS issues a favorable ruling and the flood gates open. The key is the CCW instructor signing off on the certificate. I guess you could pay fees to have the instructor sign off on different firearms. I hope once they get the online system setup they will allow changes for a fee. Could be a profit center for them seeing as they need more funds. I would gladly pay $50 to switch out pistols before renewal.

Last edited by Hsu; 12-30-2021 at 10:40 AM..
Old 12-30-2021, 12:56 PM

I'm in process in Riverside County currently (did my Live Scan on Dec 17th). After I submitted my initial paperwork, I bought a Glock 26 that I wanted to add to my application. I was told that I could just edit my application but I couldn't find a way to do that in the Riverside County Sheriff's website. Anyway, I took the Glock along with my Kimber 45 to the range for my qualification day. When I submitted my qualification certificate for both pistols, I emailed my Investigator and she went ahead and added the Glock for me.
Old 01-26-2022, 5:34 PM

Default Sac County adding new firearm to CCW

The only part I am unsure of is if I need to retake the 16 hour course or just qualify with the new firearm. By the way, I got mine in Nov 2021.
Old 01-27-2022, 10:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelazz View Post
The only part I am unsure of is if I need to retake the 16 hour course or just qualify with the new firearm. By the way, I got mine in Nov 2021.
Just qualify and submit a modification application.

The 16 hour course in Sac is for initial issue.
After two years, you will take a 4-hr course to renew.
Old 01-27-2022, 12:10 PM

Op, you have lots of time to add that.
When I was at the interview, I asked to add one more gun to the list. The deputy told me when I do the training, just list the gun want to carry. They will update it.
Interview: 01/06/22 9 AM
Rescheduled cause Covid19 positive
New Interview:01/20/22 1PM
Live Scan:01/20/22, CA/FBI: 01/20,Firearms:02/18
Firearms Training Email:03/03/22, Finish:03/06/22
Picku up call:04/05/22, Pick up date: 04/06/22
GC: Yellow and Light Green
Old 02-08-2022, 9:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
For LASD which gun doesn't matter up until the point you do the live fire qualifications. You basically have up until then to change firearms. So you can list whatever on your application and that won't matter until you submit your training certificate to the CCW unit. Once the training cert is submitted it is set in stone until renewal...The key is the CCW instructor signing off on the certificate.
This was my experience as well for LASD.
Interview: 9/24/21 (Monterey Park)
Livescan Submitted: 9/24/21
DOJ/FBI Completed: 9/24/21 Firearms Completed: 9/25/21
Call for Training: 1/12/22
Training: 1/30/22 Submitted: 2/18/22 LASD Email Confirmation: 2/21/22
Picked up Permit: 3/9/22
GC: Yellow/Light Red (Business Owner)
Old 02-10-2022, 6:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

^^i had the same experience with san diego sheriffs. i had 3 on my application and learned at my qualifications that i could have more than 3 so i added the 1911 i had that day which was always my intention when i purchased it.