Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 11-05-2018, 6:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Best “On Roster” Limited Division Gun (USPSA)

Is it the CZ Tactical Sports?

Old 11-05-2018, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Yes. You'll be hard pressed to find anything "On Roster" that is as competitive and it's pretty much ready to go out of the box.
Old 11-05-2018, 6:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Maybe...I was just at the USPSA nationals in Florida last weekend. The overwhelming pistol of choice is the off roster STI 1911 in .40.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 11-05-2018, 7:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazdaspeed Jon View Post
Yes. You'll be hard pressed to find anything "On Roster" that is as competitive and it's pretty much ready to go out of the box.
Okay, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
The overwhelming pistol of choice is the off roster STI 1911 in .40.
That’s the problem.

Last edited by Mayor McRifle; 11-05-2018 at 7:36 PM..
Old 11-05-2018, 8:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
That’s the problem.
Well, if you want to be competitive and live in California you have to pay the price in the classifieds. Its that, only do IDPA or move.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 11-05-2018, 9:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
No. It is the SVI Infinity. However, you will have to wait about 16-18 months and they are not cheap. They are totally customizable via "gun builder" link on their site. http://www.sviguns.com

They are listed as a .45 Strayer Voight on the roster. You get it as a plain vanilla .45 and DROS it, then you send it back for customization to be turned into the gun you designed in the caliber of your choice.

Here is mine.

Old 11-06-2018, 6:33 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks View Post
No. It is the SVI Infinity. However, you will have to wait about 16-18 months and they are not cheap. They are totally customizable via "gun builder" link on their site. http://www.sviguns.com

They are listed as a .45 Strayer Voight on the roster. You get it as a plain vanilla .45 and DROS it, then you send it back for customization to be turned into the gun you designed in the caliber of your choice.

Here is mine.

Good looking firearm. How dies it compare to the STI product? Did you shoot it at USPSA nationals? What did you think of the match?

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 11-06-2018, 9:32 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Good looking firearm. How dies it compare to the STI product? Did you shoot it at USPSA nationals? What did you think of the match?
I shot an STI Edge prior to getting it in. I think it is better. However, I have not shot the new STI DVC Limited guns. I modified the Edge recently in order to have the same feel as the SVI. Here is a pic. It has an SVI grip, slide, 5.4" sight tracker barrel, trigger etc.. In one level one match I was having sear issues with the SVI and went to the Edge and it took a bit to get used to the sights etc.. So, bought the parts and had a local gunsmith (1911 Speedshop) make the change.

In regards to Nationals, I did worse than last year in placement, better in movement though. Good news was I was calling my shots, bad news was it was on Virginia count stages, so couldn't make them up.

I took copious notes of what I did right, and what I need to improve and will be making a plan for training next year as after Area 2 this week I am going on vacation until almost the end of the year and will not be doing any training.

Also, going to send the Edge out for DLC coating while I am gone.
Old 11-14-2018, 2:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I'm interested in why a 2011 is better than the CZ TS, pros cons.

For reliability, I think the CZ probably wins.

Disclaimer, I have both the CZ TS and an STI Edge, both in .40, but have not shot either in a USPSA match. I actually bought the Edge in the waning months of SSE specifically for USPSA... but shoot production instead ... for now.

Remember to dial 1 before 911.

Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

There. Are. Four. Lights!
Old 11-14-2018, 4:00 PM

On Roster, Limited 10 Gun?

Quote:
Maybe...I was just at the USPSA nationals in Florida last weekend. The overwhelming pistol of choice is the off roster STI 1911 in .40.
I'm surprised that there was even one 1911 in Limited, let alone it being the overwhelming choice.
Old 11-14-2018, 6:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardini View Post
On Roster, Limited 10 Gun?

I'm surprised that there was even one 1911 in Limited, let alone it being the overwhelming choice.
Maybe they were 2011's????

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 11-14-2018, 9:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Waster View Post
I'm interested in why a 2011 is better than the CZ TS, pros cons.

For reliability, I think the CZ probably wins.

Disclaimer, I have both the CZ TS and an STI Edge, both in .40, but have not shot either in a USPSA match. I actually bought the Edge in the waning months of SSE specifically for USPSA... but shoot production instead ... for now.
Trigger, balance, and how fast the sights settle on follow up shots. For example look at the bounce on my 2011. Its a very flat shooting gun. As far as reliability goes, serious competitors don't use guns that don't run and 80-90% of the shooters in USPSA limited are running some type of 2011.

Old 11-21-2018, 4:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

What a pain it must be if you go to Nationals. You have to acquire a bunch of magazine and then test them out for reliability. Or is there someone renting them? Hmmm, business opportunity?
Old 11-21-2018, 4:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
What a pain it must be if you go to Nationals. You have to acquire a bunch of magazine and then test them out for reliability. Or is there someone renting them? Hmmm, business opportunity?
Canadians, Europeans, NY, NJ residents etc. just unblock their mags. People from States with grandfathered mags don’t have an issue either.