Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 11-11-2020, 4:22 PM
ScottsBad's Avatar
ScottsBad ScottsBad is online now
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,157
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
That makes sense to me...I don't see any posts about converting Democrats to Republicans here.

That said, this is from the opening page of this forum...

"Calguns.net® The Home of the California Firearms Owner's Resistance"
You'll have to explain to me how my statements are out of alignment with the opening you quoted, and why it matters.

If you vote for Democracks, you are not part of the "Resistance", you are part of the leftist tyranny.

Whether you recognize it or not, one cannot be both. There are so few pro-2A Dem politicians (like 0) in California, that any vote for a Dem is effectively a vote against 2A.

You might be a bit squishy, and not conservative, but as long as you support and vote for Democracks, you are one of those weird hypocritical unicorn types with cognitive dissonance issues, who want to proclaim their support for 2A while undermining it. Sort of a Constitutional virtue signal-er. These people serve no purpose in the "Resistance", they are just taking up space and resources.

Personally, I don't hold with Republicans on everything, as I consider myself more Conservative on some things, more Libertarian on others, and somewhat Liberal on others. But when it comes to voting, I know which party will come closer to protecting my rights and those of my children, and it ain't the nut balls in the Democrack party.

So yeah, shoot the unicorns that hop the fence thinking they belong here. LOL JMHO

If you are a closet Dem, it actually scares me that you are in Idaho where we want to end up.

Last edited by ScottsBad; 11-11-2020 at 5:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11-11-2020, 6:34 PM
-hanko's Avatar
-hanko -hanko is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area & SW Idaho
Posts: 12,485
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
You'll have to explain to me how my statements are out of alignment with the opening you quoted, and why it matters.

If you vote for Democracks, you are not part of the "Resistance", you are part of the leftist tyranny.

Whether you recognize it or not, one cannot be both. There are so few pro-2A Dem politicians (like 0) in California, that any vote for a Dem is effectively a vote against 2A.

You might be a bit squishy, and not conservative, but as long as you support and vote for Democracks, you are one of those weird hypocritical unicorn types with cognitive dissonance issues, who want to proclaim their support for 2A while undermining it. Sort of a Constitutional virtue signal-er. These people serve no purpose in the "Resistance", they are just taking up space and resources.

Personally, I don't hold with Republicans on everything, as I consider myself more Conservative on some things, more Libertarian on others, and somewhat Liberal on others. But when it comes to voting, I know which party will come closer to protecting my rights and those of my children, and it ain't the nut balls in the Democrack party.

So yeah, shoot the unicorns that hop the fence thinking they belong here. LOL JMHO

If you are a closet Dem, it actually scares me that you are in Idaho where we want to end up.
This website was set up to keep Californians aware of current laws, both against and in favor of the 2nd Amendment...obviously, over the years it's more info on California's laws against the meaning of the 2nd.

I don't see you or your responses in conflict in the slightest of the 2nd.

I'm 101% with you on voting. I'm kind of Libertarian also, but in Idaho like most places its a wasted vote...I vote Republican straight across the ballot.

I'm still not sure why we have to welcome admitted Demos here, and that includes those that don't say they're Demos but post like they are. Some will say that Calguns is better than DU since they simply ban a non-Demo poster...to me, that implies we need to convert Demo voters to Republican...

Guess what? That conversion is not going to happen on an internet gun forum.

I am definitely NOT a Democrat, closet or otherwise. Please
PM me if you need more info on Idaho.
__________________
True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

Tactical is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 11-11-2020, 9:37 PM
hillsidehutz's Avatar
hillsidehutz hillsidehutz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: San Jose
Posts: 118
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Wow. As a longtime Conservative, Christian, gunowner with long military family lineage I find the current administration, agenda and spirit of the GOP compromised by extremely selfish greed and power masquerading falsely using identity politics. I for one no longer agree with 90% the Republican party stands for except in defending 2A. While the firearm content here in calguns is sometimes fascinating, and made some good friends while at it, I also cannot with good conscience associate what I love (guns, shooting) with what I now consider extremely toxic environment and is in poor attitude within this forum. (shooting unicorns?? really?) Unfortunately for me, calguns has become one of the most disappointing experience in my shooting carreer, and I'm showing my way out.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 11-11-2020, 10:13 PM
78marz 78marz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 547
iTrader: 39 / 100%
Default

I always try to take out new shooter period and dont bring politics in except regarding 2A. In order to protect our rights we need more shooters. Period. No matter what political affiliation, because in the end more shooters will change ca gun culture. This pandemic is actually helping us out by creating more gun owners. People getting mad and complain about liberal dems instead of doing the grassroots effort of making guns loved and respected in our society. I have taken about a dozen new gun owners to stores and ranges to encourage them into the sport. A very small drop in the bucket. But if we all did it or even better did outreach in an organized fashion. I truly believe we will get better results from our elections.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 11-12-2020, 9:42 AM
johnireland johnireland is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 175
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsidehutz View Post
Dubious source of information, selective content, inflammatory and provocative messaging.

And this is not your only alarmist post here.

You are here feeding the forum with misinformation and rabble-rousing words.

Intentional or not, this behavior helps no one. Not now, not later.
Here is a full example of a report from the group I mentioned.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EW-BUB-12-NOV-20.pdf (338.5 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 11-12-2020, 10:13 AM
ScottsBad's Avatar
ScottsBad ScottsBad is online now
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,157
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
This website was set up to keep Californians aware of current laws, both against and in favor of the 2nd Amendment...obviously, over the years it's more info on California's laws against the meaning of the 2nd.

I don't see you or your responses in conflict in the slightest of the 2nd.

I'm 101% with you on voting. I'm kind of Libertarian also, but in Idaho like most places its a wasted vote...I vote Republican straight across the ballot.

I'm still not sure why we have to welcome admitted Demos here, and that includes those that don't say they're Demos but post like they are. Some will say that Calguns is better than DU since they simply ban a non-Demo poster...to me, that implies we need to convert Demo voters to Republican...

Guess what? That conversion is not going to happen on an internet gun forum.

I am definitely NOT a Democrat, closet or otherwise. Please
PM me if you need more info on Idaho.
I will likely contact you in the future, thanks.

Maybe, I got the wrong impression, Sorry. There are some people you just cannot reach. I don't bother trying with those I know, so why bother with trying to do it in a forum. Of the people I know who have been red pilled, I've had no influence on their decision.

One long time friend of mine, who was married to a classic 'B' looney-tune Dem., towed the Dem BS because of her. Then he got remarried to a very nice conservative woman who also likes the outdoors. She was able to reach him and convert his thinking. The looney-tune he was married to, took him down in the divorce, even though she was the one who called it off. I NEVER liked her. The new wife is awesome.

Wifes and husbands can sometimes convert an intelligent open minded spouse. But, I've rarely seen anyone be converted unless they tend to be skeptical, open minded, and willing to reject the narrative.

Anyway, I've just cut out all the unreasonable leftists in my life because...life is just too short to be consistently annoyed by people. The ones I didn't cut out, I put on semi-permanent hold.

The moral of the story is; You can try to convert people, but the leftist media and social narrative is powerful, especially against uninformed weak minds. Give conversion a try with family, but people on a forum? Forget it. If they are too stupid to put the obvious 2+2 together on the 2nd, they are Borg hive minded, and none thinking types.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 11-12-2020, 10:28 AM
ScottsBad's Avatar
ScottsBad ScottsBad is online now
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,157
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsidehutz View Post
Wow. As a longtime Conservative, Christian, gunowner with long military family lineage I find the current administration, agenda and spirit of the GOP compromised by extremely selfish greed and power masquerading falsely using identity politics. I for one no longer agree with 90% the Republican party stands for except in defending 2A. While the firearm content here in calguns is sometimes fascinating, and made some good friends while at it, I also cannot with good conscience associate what I love (guns, shooting) with what I now consider extremely toxic environment and is in poor attitude within this forum. (shooting unicorns?? really?) Unfortunately for me, calguns has become one of the most disappointing experience in my shooting carreer, and I'm showing my way out.
The only thing I think about this is; That you have it backwards 180 degrees. And therefore you will not appreciate the political reality that we are confronted with. When you have an entire Democrack party and its leader openly wishing to end the gun rights of citizens, well, I just don't see how it can be much clearer than that. This is the first time in US History that a party, the Democrat Party, stated that their goal is to violate the rights of others, by abolishment, packing SCOTUS, or purposefully enacting laws that violate the 2nd amendment.

You either support the party and candidates that will work to protect your rights, or you don't. And if you don't, you are making the statement that you don't care about the 2A Rights of others, or your own.

Can you see how that would be offensive to people who have supported gun rights their entire lives? If you cannot understand that, you are suffering from cognitive dissonance. An emotional/mental condition affecting the ability to reason logically in the face of empirical and demonstrated evidence.

When I say shoot the unicorns I am referring to an earlier post #42 suggesting that we not accept and indulge leftists who defend the left by criticizing (shooting) them. Don't get your panties in a twist.

Last edited by ScottsBad; 11-12-2020 at 11:24 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 11-12-2020, 10:55 AM
ScottsBad's Avatar
ScottsBad ScottsBad is online now
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,157
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78marz View Post
I always try to take out new shooter period and dont bring politics in except regarding 2A. In order to protect our rights we need more shooters. Period. No matter what political affiliation, because in the end more shooters will change ca gun culture. This pandemic is actually helping us out by creating more gun owners. People getting mad and complain about liberal dems instead of doing the grassroots effort of making guns loved and respected in our society. I have taken about a dozen new gun owners to stores and ranges to encourage them into the sport. A very small drop in the bucket. But if we all did it or even better did outreach in an organized fashion. I truly believe we will get better results from our elections.
This is NOT a commentary on your efforts or the efforts of others doing likewise. I applaud it.

This is about whether or not we should make it alright to take advantage of a fundamental right that would likely not be available to us, if not for the efforts of 2nd amendment protectors. This is about tolerating those people who are undermining the 2nd while enjoying it by voting for candidates and a party who wishes to destroy our rights.

Just having lefties take advantage of 2A without contributing to its protection (voting for 2A protecting candidates.) should be criticized and informed. In my opinion, they are welcome to say what ever they want here, I do. But they shouldn't expect to not be confronted and perhaps criticized for what they say. That is my opinion.

Last edited by ScottsBad; 11-13-2020 at 12:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 11-12-2020, 11:20 AM
ScottsBad's Avatar
ScottsBad ScottsBad is online now
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,157
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsidehutz View Post

...most of yall are paranoid. dont know why. but its REALLY bumming ppl out man. no one likes coming here much anymore. Your old a** is too f in loud. just no f-in class man.

this is real lame.
Class?
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 11-12-2020, 11:27 AM
ScottsBad's Avatar
ScottsBad ScottsBad is online now
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,157
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy T View Post

Actually, that's the one thing that they do support. It's the Conservatives that want to impose Christianity on the rest of the country, whereas the Progressives don't seem to mind people who are Wiccan, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Rastafarian, Baha'i, etc.
Typical, extreme leftist ignorance on display.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 11-12-2020, 2:58 PM
-hanko's Avatar
-hanko -hanko is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area & SW Idaho
Posts: 12,485
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
Class?
Non-existent or around the 9th grade, depending on what "Class?" refers to.
__________________
True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

Tactical is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 11-13-2020, 6:25 PM
Cowboy T's Avatar
Cowboy T Cowboy T is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 4,310
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
Typical, extreme leftist ignorance on display.
Typical wacko right-wing nutjob mindset on display. Sigh...no wonder you have trouble converting Democrat voters to being more pro-2A...please, for the love of the 2A, get your head out of the sand, man. Seriously, you're hurting us.
__________________
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 11-15-2020, 7:05 PM
Barang's Avatar
Barang Barang is offline
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Temporary here on earth
Posts: 5,656
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy T View Post
Actually, that's the one thing that they do support. It's the Conservatives that want to impose Christianity on the rest of the country, whereas the Progressives don't seem to mind people who are Wiccan, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Rastafarian, Baha'i, etc.
not sure if this is a joke or not.
-Christian bakers who lost their store and were fined $135,000 for declining to make a cake for a same-sex wedding brought their case before the Oregon Court of Appeals Thursday in an attempt to overturn the judgment.
Aaron and Melissa Klein, owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa in Gresham, Oregon, said they simply want the freedom to live by the tenets of their faith.
“We just want the government to tolerate and accept differences of opinion, so we can continue to follow our faith,” Mrs. Klein said at a press conference following hearing. “We hope that, even if people have different beliefs from us, that they will show each other tolerance and that we can peacefully live together and still follow our faith. That’s all we want.”

*An administrative judge for the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries found the couple guilty of discrimination for declining to bake a wedding cake for Rachel Cryer-Bowman and Laurel Bowman-Cryer in 2013.
*The bakers were ordered to pay $135,000 for the mental and emotional damages they caused the lesbian couple.


Jack Phillips, the owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Colorado, has previously made headlines for not making cakes that are*against his Christian faith

*The same-sex couple at the heart of the case, Charlie Craig and Dave Mullins, complained to the Colorado commission in 2012 after they visited Phillips' Masterpiece Cakeshop in suburban Denver and the baker quickly told them he would not create a cake for their wedding celebration.*
*They were married in Massachusetts because same sex marriage was not yet legal in Colorado.*

*Transgender woman Autumn Scardina filed a lawsuit against him last week alleging he refused to make her gender transition cake.
*It comes after the Supreme Court ruled in the baker's favor last year after he was sued for refusing to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple.
*Scardina placed the order for a cake celebrating her gender transition on the day the Supreme Court handed down its decision.*
*She filed a lawsuit after that order was declined but the suit was dismissed and the suit she filed last week is her second attempt

i have more list of persecuted christian business owners.
__________________
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

Ro 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 11-15-2020, 10:16 PM
Saigon1965's Avatar
Saigon1965 Saigon1965 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hayward
Posts: 17,296
iTrader: 128 / 100%
Default

Thank you for pointing that out to some of us not in the know -

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
This website was set up to keep Californians aware of current laws, both against and in favor of the 2nd Amendment...obviously, over the years it's more info on California's laws against the meaning of the 2nd.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-16-2020, 9:42 PM
Cowboy T's Avatar
Cowboy T Cowboy T is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 4,310
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barang View Post
not sure if this is a joke or not.
-Christian bakers who lost their store and were fined $135,000 for declining to make a cake for a same-sex wedding brought their case before the Oregon Court of Appeals Thursday in an attempt to overturn the judgment.
Aaron and Melissa Klein, owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa in Gresham, Oregon, said they simply want the freedom to live by the tenets of their faith.
“We just want the government to tolerate and accept differences of opinion, so we can continue to follow our faith,” Mrs. Klein said at a press conference following hearing. “We hope that, even if people have different beliefs from us, that they will show each other tolerance and that we can peacefully live together and still follow our faith. That’s all we want.”

*An administrative judge for the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries found the couple guilty of discrimination for declining to bake a wedding cake for Rachel Cryer-Bowman and Laurel Bowman-Cryer in 2013.
*The bakers were ordered to pay $135,000 for the mental and emotional damages they caused the lesbian couple.


Jack Phillips, the owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Colorado, has previously made headlines for not making cakes that are*against his Christian faith

*The same-sex couple at the heart of the case, Charlie Craig and Dave Mullins, complained to the Colorado commission in 2012 after they visited Phillips' Masterpiece Cakeshop in suburban Denver and the baker quickly told them he would not create a cake for their wedding celebration.*
*They were married in Massachusetts because same sex marriage was not yet legal in Colorado.*

*Transgender woman Autumn Scardina filed a lawsuit against him last week alleging he refused to make her gender transition cake.
*It comes after the Supreme Court ruled in the baker's favor last year after he was sued for refusing to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple.
*Scardina placed the order for a cake celebrating her gender transition on the day the Supreme Court handed down its decision.*
*She filed a lawsuit after that order was declined but the suit was dismissed and the suit she filed last week is her second attempt

i have more list of persecuted christian business owners.
Persecuted? Hardly. Sounds like the same mentality that said that it's somehow against God for Richard and Mildred Loving to get married. "Christian", indeed....



You wanna talk about "persecution"? What you see in that image is "persecution" of the Lovings and similar couples, all in the name of the Christian God (note the Antichrist reference in the above image, as well as the Communist (godless, naturally) references).

https://christianidentitychurch.word...t-race-mixing/

Replace "miscegenation" with "gay" to get the modern-day equivalent of that same kind of mindset. Mrs. Loving herself said as much.

You're free to practice your religion so long as you follow the anti-discrimination laws. But you must follow the anti-discrimination laws, and being expected to do so is hardly "persecution". Attempting to defend those shops' discriminatory (and, by the way, illegal) behaviour is not going to get Democrat voters to go to the Republican Party. You've got to do better than that if you want to change the minds of those Democrats in California; thumping Bibles over their heads and disregarding the anti-discrimination laws is simply not going to work.
__________________
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

Last edited by Cowboy T; 11-16-2020 at 9:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 11-16-2020, 11:10 PM
johnireland johnireland is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 175
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I'm afraid we have reached a point in this country where waiting and hoping for a peaceful resolution is as delusional as a Jew who thought they were really going to get a hot shower. There is a great essay called "The Lesson of the Concentration Camps" by Bruno Bettelheim (a camp survivor). In it he describes a young woman, starved to skin and bones and now being marched to the gas chamber and her death. Instead of following the other sheep, she grabbed a soldier's gun and shot him dead. She was immediately shot by the other guards, but she died taking one of the sob scum with her. Here in this time a place, we can chose to believe there is warm water and soap waiting for us, or we can prepare to resist.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 11-16-2020, 11:37 PM
Sgt. J Beezy Sgt. J Beezy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.
Posts: 677
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default 2020 Election Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy T View Post
Persecuted? Hardly. Sounds like the same mentality that said that it's somehow against God for Richard and Mildred Loving to get married. "Christian", indeed....



You wanna talk about "persecution"? What you see in that image is "persecution" of the Lovings and similar couples, all in the name of the Christian God (note the Antichrist reference in the above image, as well as the Communist (godless, naturally) references).

https://christianidentitychurch.word...t-race-mixing/

Replace "miscegenation" with "gay" to get the modern-day equivalent of that same kind of mindset. Mrs. Loving herself said as much.

You're free to practice your religion so long as you follow the anti-discrimination laws. But you must follow the anti-discrimination laws, and being expected to do so is hardly "persecution". Attempting to defend those shops' discriminatory (and, by the way, illegal) behaviour is not going to get Democrat voters to go to the Republican Party. You've got to do better than that if you want to change the minds of those Democrats in California; thumping Bibles over their heads and disregarding the anti-discrimination laws is simply not going to work.


You see though. There is this little thing called freedom of religion. If their religion believes it to be a sin, I see not how the government can overstep its authority and demand the bakers to do it. Should I be able to go into an halal restaurant and demand they make me BACON? See, in a capitalist society, the market (us) decide which businesses do and don’t succeed. What you desire of is some dystopian Tyrannical government (and no, I’m not talking about the damn cakes) that gives insecure little soy boys courage because they “feel” like their “part of the party” and “doing the right thing” when all it is is little insecure little soy boys that want to control every aspect of someone else’s life.

Here the little secret though...

These little soy boys are just pawns, being manipulated because they’re actually dumb enough to think the ones in charge actually care about them.

They don’t.

And once all of the Americans are quelled and disposed of, the soy boys will be next.

Again though, the cakes?? Really? That is someone’s argument on the reality of the last 4 years???



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Sgt. J Beezy; 11-16-2020 at 11:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 11-16-2020, 11:42 PM
Sgt. J Beezy Sgt. J Beezy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.
Posts: 677
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnireland View Post
I'm afraid we have reached a point in this country where waiting and hoping for a peaceful resolution is as delusional as a Jew who thought they were really going to get a hot shower. There is a great essay called "The Lesson of the Concentration Camps" by Bruno Bettelheim (a camp survivor). In it he describes a young woman, starved to skin and bones and now being marched to the gas chamber and her death. Instead of following the other sheep, she grabbed a soldier's gun and shot him dead. She was immediately shot by the other guards, but she died taking one of the sob scum with her. Here in this time a place, we can chose to believe there is warm water and soap waiting for us, or we can prepare to resist.


January 20th will be the beginning of America’s judgement.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 11-17-2020, 9:54 AM
Barang's Avatar
Barang Barang is offline
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Temporary here on earth
Posts: 5,656
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy T View Post

You're free to practice your religion so long as you follow the anti-discrimination laws. But you must follow the anti-discrimination laws, and being expected to do so is hardly "persecution". Attempting to defend those shops' discriminatory (and, by the way, illegal) behaviour is not going to get Democrat voters to go to the Republican Party. You've got to do better than that if you want to change the minds of those Democrats in California; thumping Bibles over their heads and disregarding the anti-discrimination laws is simply not going to work.
you are a typical libs who's against 1-A.
-you are not free to practice your belief if you don't agree with lgbt.
-you are forcing your lifestyle to christians who's belief have nothing in common with lgbt.
*** the christians bakers allowed the lgbt to buy from them. the only service they cannot provide is the "custom" made cake where they have to decorate it according to lgbt's lifestyle. *** apparently, this is not acceptable so they sued the christian bakers to force them to comply. ***

and about changing dems mind, what a bs! it goes both ways. what you want is the repubs to bow down to you!

dems have nothing in common with repubs in:
-1-A.
-2-A.
-abortion.
-gay marriage.
-open border.
-socialism.
-covid lockdown.
-covid mask enforcement.
-illegal immigration.
-welfare.
-obamacare.
-high taxes.
-antifa/blm are supported wholeheartedly by dems!
-and more.

so please, stop with changing minds when dems are the ones that needed a u-turn to stop the destruction of our country.
__________________
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

Ro 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 11-17-2020, 11:57 PM
johnireland johnireland is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 175
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The Democrats have spent 60+ years tearing the country down to this level. Worrying about RINOS is the least of America's problems. We have to decide what to do about the 70+ million people who voted for Biden/Harris. They don't want coexistence, they want total domination under a Marxist state. Either you have all out war of attrition and a fight to the death, or you agree (or fight until they agree) to partition the nation into two sovereign countries. I think the second option is the most doable. That means major displacements of large groups of population as those of like minds shift to the country of their choice. And you have to do it relatively quickly in order to make it work (like Brexit). Trillions of dollars in personal wealth and property will have to be abandoned and left behind. Cash will be king. Lives and careers and educations and fortunes and retirement plans and health insurance and foreign treaties will have to be rebuilt from scratch. Sort of like when the first people came to America and started this country. And they started with less than we will have, because we have the Constitution as our guiding light. All military equipment and bases will be left in place. As will all medical and educational facilities and equipment. Military personal will chose which of the two countries they will pledge their allegiance to, as will police and doctors and lawyers and teachers. It will be a tough steep road for everyone, but it will be less difficult and bloody than an all out war. And those are our choices under a Biden-Harris Socialist government. The document that codifies this partition of the United States is the birth document of our history, the Declaration of Independence. Every American generation has been born into a struggle. This will be ours.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:08 AM
Cowboy T's Avatar
Cowboy T Cowboy T is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 4,310
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

While it's not looking too good for Pres. Trump at this time, the states are not yet finished certifying the election. We won't know who's President and Vice-President until they do and the Electoral College is done voting, and not until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnireland View Post
The Democrats have spent 60+ years tearing the country down to this level. Worrying about RINOS is the least of America's problems. We have to decide what to do about the 70+ million people who voted for Biden/Harris. They don't want coexistence, they want total domination under a Marxist state. Either you have all out war of attrition and a fight to the death, or you agree (or fight until they agree) to partition the nation into two sovereign countries. I think the second option is the most doable. That means major displacements of large groups of population as those of like minds shift to the country of their choice. And you have to do it relatively quickly in order to make it work (like Brexit). Trillions of dollars in personal wealth and property will have to be abandoned and left behind. Cash will be king. Lives and careers and educations and fortunes and retirement plans and health insurance and foreign treaties will have to be rebuilt from scratch. Sort of like when the first people came to America and started this country. And they started with less than we will have, because we have the Constitution as our guiding light. All military equipment and bases will be left in place. As will all medical and educational facilities and equipment. Military personal will chose which of the two countries they will pledge their allegiance to, as will police and doctors and lawyers and teachers. It will be a tough steep road for everyone, but it will be less difficult and bloody than an all out war. And those are our choices under a Biden-Harris Socialist government. The document that codifies this partition of the United States is the birth document of our history, the Declaration of Independence. Every American generation has been born into a struggle. This will be ours.
John, we've tried that before in the history of this country, starting in the year 1860. I have no desire to see anything like that happen again. The correct remedy is changing the minds of those 70+ million Biden/Harris voters. A lot of that is indoctrination of our schools and a failure of parenting; I saw that regularly throughout the nearly 10 years that I worked in a large public school system. This is a sea change from when I was in school, not so long ago, growing up in the Bay Area.

Once this election is over, then whoever ends up in the White House, that's what we've got to think about and act on...non-violently, and without anything resembling secession, partition, or whatever other word you want to call it. It's about changing the minds of Democrat voters, and you've got to start in your sphere of influence. Do you have any ideas on how to accomplish that? If so, I think that would be helpful for a lot of us.
__________________
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 11-19-2020, 1:14 PM
BAJ475's Avatar
BAJ475 BAJ475 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Kootenai County, Idaho
Posts: 2,256
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy T View Post
While it's not looking too good for Pres. Trump at this time, the states are not yet finished certifying the election. We won't know who's President and Vice-President until they do and the Electoral College is done voting, and not until then.



John, we've tried that before in the history of this country, starting in the year 1860. I have no desire to see anything like that happen again. The correct remedy is changing the minds of those 70+ million Biden/Harris voters. A lot of that is indoctrination of our schools and a failure of parenting; I saw that regularly throughout the nearly 10 years that I worked in a large public school system. This is a sea change from when I was in school, not so long ago, growing up in the Bay Area.

Once this election is over, then whoever ends up in the White House, that's what we've got to think about and act on...non-violently, and without anything resembling secession, partition, or whatever other word you want to call it. It's about changing the minds of Democrat voters, and you've got to start in your sphere of influence. Do you have any ideas on how to accomplish that? If so, I think that would be helpful for a lot of us.
Yea, it would be helpful but I think that you are asking for the impossible. Within my sphere of influence there are no Dems. How many Bay Area Dems have you persuaded to change their minds?
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 11-19-2020, 3:52 PM
1911-CV 1911-CV is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 79
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default Maybe on one issue...

Issues come and go as part of party platforms. Perhaps the pandemic/unrest/recession panic gun/ammo buying has led enough Democratic party members to see the over-reach of California gun laws and push back on this plank in their party's platform? Weren't they considerably more pro-gun as recently as the 60's?

Supporting the Second Amendment doesn't have to be exclusive to one party...

Encourage your D friends/acquaintances/co-workers to tell their leadership to pick another issue.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 11-19-2020, 5:42 PM
BAJ475's Avatar
BAJ475 BAJ475 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Kootenai County, Idaho
Posts: 2,256
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911-CV View Post
Issues come and go as part of party platforms. Perhaps the pandemic/unrest/recession panic gun/ammo buying has led enough Democratic party members to see the over-reach of California gun laws and push back on this plank in their party's platform? Weren't they considerably more pro-gun as recently as the 60's?

Supporting the Second Amendment doesn't have to be exclusive to one party...

Encourage your D friends/acquaintances/co-workers to tell their leadership to pick another issue.
What makes you thing that I have any D friends/acquaintances/co-workers? I agree that supporting the Second Amendment doesn't have to be exclusive to one party, but that is pretty much the way it is. The Dems already have another issue, it's called Marxism. I fear that the only way to stop it will be 10 million patriots with several ARs each and 10,000 rounds per patriot ready to go when Beto and Fienstien show up.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 11-20-2020, 9:44 AM
Barang's Avatar
Barang Barang is offline
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Temporary here on earth
Posts: 5,656
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

all of the dem presidential candidates are more restrictive than before even going as far as confiscation when they were campaigning and their supporters are loving it. yeah right! try to change their mind.
__________________
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

Ro 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 11-20-2020, 3:31 PM
Cowboy T's Avatar
Cowboy T Cowboy T is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 4,310
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
Yea, it would be helpful but I think that you are asking for the impossible. Within my sphere of influence there are no Dems. How many Bay Area Dems have you persuaded to change their minds?
Bay Area Dems? None, since I don't live there anymore. But I *have* done so with some Virginia Dems. So, it's not impossible. I happen to live in a part of Virginia that is predominately Democratic-leaning, so in my sphere of influence, I can make some difference. So, that's what I work on doing.
__________________
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 11-20-2020, 6:02 PM
climber32 climber32 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I am basically right in SF. I burned a lot of calories every year, for a lot of years working to erase that red/blue, left/right reductive view of the world. I'm a CA liberal in many/most ways. I can make an extremely compelling case that any functional liberal should/needs to/is required be capable of self-sufficiency. IMO, that stipulates proficiency with both a handgun as well as a carbine and/or shotgun as a BAM (Bare A** Minimum for those not raised in military families). I would add a precision rifle to that list personally. If you were raised around hunters you get it. That, for me, was a post age of fifty realization however.

I grew up around other families and have lived with women who as kids had known real food scarcity. Where families hunted, just to put food on the table. Every time you pulled the trigger there was a cost associated with that. So you did so with great care. I was fortunate that was never my reality. Over time, and being at the correct 'moment' in life to absorb these lessons, proximity instilled that reverence/respect in me. For both the animal who's life you were taking and the cost associated with pulling that trigger.

Last edited by climber32; 11-20-2020 at 6:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:17 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2020, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.
Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Tactical Gear Military Boots 5.11 Tactical