Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 04-01-2018, 8:18 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Thumbs up San Diego County (10% of CA's pop.) is now readily issuing CCWs!

Cross posting 2 posts below due to their importance and to ensure that our Ladies see them to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Jan 2018 Map (Rev 2) and Table (Rev 3) updated in post #1.

San Diego County is now Light Green.
Shocking, but true folks!

Maybe it's crass political maneuvering on Gore's part, or maybe it reflects a true change of heart re. CCWs. (Remember, he stopped all appeals and wrote to CA9 telling them he's dropping all appeals after we won the 3-judge panel in Peruta). Either way, RIGHT NOW the best evidence is that SD Co is at least "light green."

Why do baggss and I believe that? Because of what San Diego County Gun Owners PAC posted the other day (emphasis added):
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD County Gun Owners PAC View Post
Since the changes San Diego County Gun Owners PAC forced in September the average applications have gone from 10 a month to over 10 a day and not one person has been turned down due to good cause. We know of hundreds of approved applications and their "good cause" never would have passed before September.
I encourage all San Diego residents to not believe the progress we've seen. Please, be sceptical. Please apply and report back.
Use this video to apply:
Watch "Applying for your CCW in San Diego _ Step by Step w/Additional Info" on YouTube
Be sure to also listen to all of:

When Gore is issuing CCWs when your GC is hiking/camping in the desert where there's weak/no cell coverage and therefore, long or no LE response, rather than just saying "Don't do that" or "Don't go there," you know there's been a seismic shift in SDSO's CCW policy.

NOTE WELL: while I'm saying, for many of you, now's the time to apply for a CCW in SD Co, I'm NOT taking a position on who you should vote for/against for sheriff come June.

Some encouragement for newbies and oldies alike.

Here's the map from back in 2010. That was a couple of years before I got involved with the production of it and there are a few things I disagree with. IMO, San Mateo Co never went to light green. Only Gene H. and Gray quoting Gene said it was that way. I went through ALL of the posts from that time and, as best I can tell, it went only to yellow, if that. They may have treated Gene like light green and gave him the impression they treated everyone else the same, but that's not what other posters said.

I'm not sure if San Joaquin Co was light green then either: probably yellow.

Last, I think Riverside Co was yellow too. Although Sheriff Sniff was talking a good game at the time, IIRC, posters were saying he was still stingy with CCWs.

Now compare that to where we are today! What had been -- esp if SM Co was only yellow -- one continuous block of anti counties from Sonoma Co down the coast to San Diego Co and then over to Imperial Co has been broken apart, just like the Berlin Wall/Iron Curtain! As I have been saying for many, many years, if the federal cases don't win Carry for us, the fight will be county-by-county, and even city-by-city, within CA, just like it has been state-by-state within the USA for the past 30+ years.

Old 04-01-2018, 8:21 AM
Veteran Member

Get 'em while you can!
Old 04-01-2018, 1:53 PM

That's [relatively] good news!
Old 04-01-2018, 2:02 PM

What was their "good cause"? Was self defense sufficient? I'm going to go on a limb here and say that self defense is still not good enough, but curious. But as a SD Gun Owners member, any progress is better than no progress.

Edit: I read through the other post and self defense is still NOT good enough for a CCW in SD county.

Last edited by Devilmonkey89; 04-01-2018 at 2:10 PM..
Old 04-01-2018, 8:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmonkey89 View Post
What was their "good cause"? Was self defense sufficient? I'm going to go on a limb here and say that self defense is still not good enough, but curious. But as a SD Gun Owners member, any progress is better than no progress.

Edit: I read through the other post and self defense is still NOT good enough for a CCW in SD county.

If you had actually read the OP, you would know mere "self defense" was not sufficient. If you just looked at the map, you would see SD co was just "light green", not "dark green" (which includes counties where SD = GC). Or, if you were blind and could not do those, but could listen to the 2nd embedded YT you would hear that Gore is issuing CCWs to folks who's GC is hiking or camping in the desert where cell phone coverage is spotty.

Or you could post in a thread without bothering to read the OP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Maybe it's crass political maneuvering on Gore's part, or maybe it reflects a true change of heart re. CCWs. (Remember, he stopped all appeals and wrote to CA9 telling them he's dropping all appeals after we won the 3-judge panel in Peruta). Either way, RIGHT NOW the best evidence is that SD Co is at least "light green."

<snip>

Be sure to also listen to all of:

When Gore is issuing CCWs when your GC is hiking/camping in the desert where there's weak/no cell coverage and therefore, long or no LE response, rather than just saying "Don't do that" or "Don't go there," you know there's been a seismic shift in SDSO's CCW policy.

<snip>

Last edited by Paladin; 04-01-2018 at 8:55 PM..
Old 04-01-2018, 9:49 PM

Quote:

If you had actually read the OP, you would know mere "self defense" was not sufficient. If you just looked at the map, you would see SD co was just "light green", not "dark green" (which includes counties where SD = GC). Or, if you were blind and could not do those, but could listen to the 2nd embedded YT you would hear that Gore is issuing CCWs to folks who's GC is hiking or camping in the desert where cell phone coverage is spotty.

Or you could post in a thread without bothering to read the OP....
Why did you even reply? It was obvious that i had found my answer. Unless you can't read either?
Old 04-02-2018, 6:59 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

reminder this is the LF....NOT OT. everyone mind their manners, please and thank you.

good info, Paladin. unfortunately, I live in a deep red county, Santa Cruz. no hope in shell for a CCW. even though we have mountain lions and even though historically women hiking in the SCruz Mountains have gone "missing" or their bodies been found.
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 04-04-2018, 11:02 AM
I need a LIFE!!

The question comes down to, are you trying to get a CA CCW or are you trying to make a point? In light of the statute, Gore's requirement (if it is still in place), that you provide more for GC than "self defense" is not unreasonable, even if we believe it is unconstitutional. Until CA9 or SCOTUS rules our way, we have to play it California's way if we want a CA CCW. At least SD county's sheriff is making it easier for more of us to "play it California's way" and still get a CCW.

Quote:
I'm sure other SD Co folk appreciate your willingness to get denied in order to test SD = GC or not, but if you want a CA CCW I suggest you use more for your GC. Like I and SDCGOPAC have posted elsewhere, Gore has issued to folks who say and prove (photos, receipts, etc) that they go hiking/camping in the desert where cell phone reception is spotty at best, and thus are pretty much on their own (no LE response), as far as defending themselves.

As Gore explains in the carry over paragraph of his March 29, 2017 letter, CA's CCW statute requires "proof" supporting your GC. If a mere statement of "self defense" was good enough, the legislature would not have required proof. IOW, the "legislative intent" is that "self defense" is not a sufficient GC statement, but using something that reasonably would make you more likely to be a target for criminal attack than the ordinary SD Co resident (e.g., "avid shooter"), supported by proof (e.g., photos of you shooting, receipts from ranges and/or gun club dues, etc), is sufficient. IOW, help SDSO get you to pass their GC standard.

BOTTOM LINE: If you're not just trying to make a point, to test Gore's GC standard for a CCW, or to file a lawsuit, but only want to get a CA CCW, I'd use more for GC and provide "proof" (i.e., evidence) supporting it.

Copy of Gore's letter posted near the bottom of:
http://sandiegocountygunowners.com/ccw/

Last edited by Paladin; 04-04-2018 at 11:05 AM..