Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-19-2020, 9:48 AM

I am curious about the Sen. Chase posting. If it is true, what is to stop this from happening country wide if things have been in motion for the timeframe she has posted?

For people w/o a fakebook acct,

Sadly, I am posting this, knowing that the Governor of Virginia has declared a State of Emergency in our state.

I want you to be aware of how we are being set up.

Does the Patriot Act ring a bell?

Does the National Defense Authorization Act ring a bell?

If people show up wearing any kind of uniform, patch or other symbol on their clothing signifying they belong to a militia and something goes wrong, you could/will be held as a domestic terrorist.

If anyone steps out of line, all it takes is one person, it may even be a government plant....if that plant does anything to disrupt the rally, you could/will be arrested as a domestic terrorist.

The Governor, using the media has already set the stage for this to happen.
He has already laid the groundwork to make the entire movement look like insurrection.

It will be used to put the rest of the nation on notice of what will happen to you, if you resist.

They have used the Southern Poverty Law Center over the last 15 years to lay the groundwork.

They have labeled us as potential domestic terrorist for a long time now.

Anyone who has ever related to the 3%er's, a militia, or just belonged to any Patriot group...the groundwork has been laid to brand you as a domestic terrorist.

They have gone out of their way since the Obama years to insure they had us labeled, but it didn't start with Obama. It started with the Patriot Act under the Bush administration.

We are being played by a well oiled machine, these things have been in the works for many years.

They are kicking things into high gear. Military veterans were/are even listed as potential domestic terrorist.

We were told not once, but several times by the current President, “It's Not Me they are after, It's You, The American People.“

Their actions over the last three years have shown you he was right, they are coming after us full speed ahead and they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Sic semper tyrannis, keep your head on a swivel and know what's going on around you at all times, at Lobby Day 1/20/20.

Everyone be safe out there....Thus always to tyrants.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:07 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

This "reporter" has already filed his story for tomorrow, apparently.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/...50265736482816

Last edited by Mushin; 01-19-2020 at 3:22 PM.. Reason: Image added.
Old 01-19-2020, 1:23 PM

We need to give VCDL the ten thousand they need, unarmed, to go inside the fence, and we need to give them the 30 to 50 thousand armed citizens who will stay outside the fence. Doing this is not caving in. Consider it a white truce flag moment...we all meet on common ground...we listen to each other. This is the state's chance to show good faith. If they move against the ten thousand or allow a fascist group like Antifa to attack them, that is when the 30 to 50 thousand armed citizens can use the Second Amendment to come to the aid of their fellow citizens.
Old 01-19-2020, 1:35 PM
code Monkey
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushin View Post
This "reporter" has already filed his story for tomorrow, apparently.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/...50265736482816
That was deleted quickly. Hope you took a screenshot
Old 01-19-2020, 1:48 PM
code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia View Post
Nope. It's the Right-Wing Tea Party organizers who are being inspired by Alinsky.
1) BS
2) Because when one group adopts a set of tactics, they forever prevent anyone else from using those tactics. It's like a lifetime patent.

Quote:
You see? It's some of the organizers who are building to violence in that they are... Neo-Nazis and other groups... not to mention even the known lobbyist group is calling for thousands of armed citizens to attend. They are hiking tensions because... because... they want armed people there.
You kind of stopped short on the because. Because neonazis want to restrict the 2A? Exactly what are they going for here? Because we all know it's totally impossible for the gun-grabbers to stage this nonsense in order to portray gun owners in a bad light and justify why 2A needs to be stricken.

Quote:
That's why the wonderful police of Virginia are working so hard to prevent violence at an event which hasn't happened yet and the Democrats now controlling the Virginia Government are being forced to pass these 'sensible gun regulations,' because armed people automatically mean violent people.
Unless your sarcasm flag is broken, you're making my point for me and don't even realize it. Cui bono?

Quote:
It's all part of the vast, Right-Wing conspiracy.
Gun control is part of the vast right-wing conspiracy? You've totally lost me. Is it your contention that Northam is a DINO? (Do those even exist?)

Quote:
Think I'm exaggerating in a facetious manner? Just assume I'm 'making it up' when I say...
Quote:
The media is setting things up so that if there is even ONE 'incident,' the protesters will be blamed and the Left will use it as a fig leaf for even harsher laws.
No I don't. That's actually very in-line with my belief. But to say that's part of a "right-wing conspiracy" for anti-2A actors to frame gun owners is the definition of nonsensical
Old 01-19-2020, 3:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
That was deleted quickly. Hope you took a screenshot
Yessir, added to original post.
Old 01-19-2020, 5:51 PM
code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushin View Post
Yessir, added to original post.
Good catch. They've been called out on their tactics so they're doubling down. That way when it leaks that the dude in a swastica armband takes classes at UCB in postmodernist literature, the left can say "see! We told you they'd blame it on a false flag", when in reality, IT IS
Old 01-19-2020, 6:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
1) BS
2) Because when one group adopts a set of tactics, they forever prevent anyone else from using those tactics. It's like a lifetime patent.
Actually, it's the Left projecting and distracting, claiming that the Right is the one using Alinksy, not them. The Right are the 'radicals' and the Left represents mainstream America. Some of them actually think that way. Others (most?) use it as a tactic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae
You kind of stopped short on the because. Because neonazis want to restrict the 2A? Exactly what are they going for here? Because we all know it's totally impossible for the gun-grabbers to stage this nonsense in order to portray gun owners in a bad light and justify why 2A needs to be stricken.
That's kinda my point. The anti-civil rights crowd is opportunistic. They use legitimate, peaceful events to 'stage' their own circus; then get the media to portray it usefully. As an example, an Yahoo News report from today emphasizes how pro-gun advocates are becoming frustrated with the governor. It's the "pro-gun" people who are angry, not the Left who is trying to run roughshod over average Virginians.

Northam is credited with siting all the violent threats, calls for violence... oh, those violent people who want to bring guns. Then they say that people want 'proof' of such threats; i.e., a little 'transparency.' In response, the reporter posts...

Quote:
...By the time the press conference was over, more than 300 comments had been posted on the Facebook live stream. (By the following morning, that number had ballooned to more than 3,500, and it continues to grow.) While about a handful of the initial comments praised Northam’s decision, thanking him for taking action to prevent potential violence, the vast majority were dubious, dismissive and, in some cases, defiant.

The reactions to Northam’s announcement reflect the blend of frustration, paranoia and fear that has been fomenting both online and throughout Virginia in the weeks and months leading up to Monday’s rally. Tens of thousands of armed Second Amendment supporters were expected to descend upon Richmond, including members of out-of-state militia groups...
Thousands of frustrated, angry, paranoid, and fearful gun owners, where even racists are noting "that all the intelligent people are ducking this [rally]..." Of course, again, Trump is just feeding the frenzy. Extremists are pursuing paranoia and fear over the Democrat's intent; which is safety, not subversion of rights. Demographics are changing and the Confederacy is a thing of the past. Etc. So on. So forth and such like.

Buried deep in the piece is the following...

Quote:
...The blue wave that swept Virginia last fall was largely fueled by donations from gun control advocacy groups, including Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund and Everytown for Gun Safety Victory Fund, which are backed in large part by Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York City and current presidential candidate...
In other words, there is tacit admission that this might have less to do with average Virginians and more to do with out-of-State anti-civil rights activists. But... right back to "legitimate policies" are being fought by racist extremists pushing misinformation, fake information, conspiracy theory, etc. creating a "dangerous combination of outrage and misinformation."

Quote:
Unless your sarcasm flag is broken, you're making my point for me and don't even realize it. Cui bono?
That was my intent; i.e., I'm overtly doing what you claim I don't realize I'm doing.

Quote:
Gun control is part of the vast right-wing conspiracy? You've totally lost me. Is it your contention that Northam is a DINO? (Do those even exist?)
I think you're working from a false premise, a misconstruction of where you think I fall politically. My contention (one that's been intrinsic to many of my posts) is that WE DO NOT CONTROL THE NARRATIVE that will be foisted on the public related to sanctuary counties, pro-gun rallies, boycotts, etc. Well, not unless our goal is simply preaching to the choir.

This is why many of us grow exasperated with what some term "hollow rhetoric." It's not about sitting down among a group of like minds, telling each other how smart we are, how stupid the opposition is, reinforcing our own perceptions about what is "legal" and what is not; all the while lamenting over how we think things should be. That may be 'comforting' - for the moment. But, it does little to address the problem.

We are deficient in not only our actual reach to the public in terms of how we are presented, but we are, once again, ineffective in terms of educating the public as to not only our rights, but their's and how infringement on our rights is, de facto and inevitably, infringement upon their's. It's something I noted early on after joining this site and it's something which underlies my repeated references to what "they" are saying.

Too often we simply dismiss polls, deride what "they" say as nonsensical and idiotic, ignore that "our side" shares similar foibles of illogic or myopic perceptions (not to mention arrogant and very public self-abuse of the gun community over differences among ourselves), and shaming/bullying of people who are actually pro-2nd Amendment, but have different opinions regarding the appropriate way to promote the rights protected under it. (I'm not talking about those who claim to be pro-gun, then seem to support Government infringements; but, those who push for different methods or different organizations or don't feel that donating $X or joining "Y" organizations are the only litmus tests, not to mention the primary means of success in the proselytizing, of "true" gun ownership.)

Quote:
No I don't. That's actually very in-line with my belief. But to say that's part of a "right-wing conspiracy" for anti-2A actors to frame gun owners is the definition of nonsensical
Welcome to the alternate reality which feeds the narrative and supports a good deal of thinking coming from the Left and, all too often, the Right.

THAT becomes the real issue and question at hand. How do we unwind the false and often nonsensical narrative/propaganda being continuously foisted on the public. Is it rallies? Is it symbolic political statements such as Sanctuary Counties, which ultimately have little, effective impact on the potential force of law? Is it 'screaming' on an Internet site which, by definition, intent, and effect, is predominantly preaching to similar minded individuals?

I asked something similar after the Parkland shooting; but, the question remains valid. How do we turn the public narrative around in a manner similar to what we do on this site on a regular basis? We observe, document, and unspin the nonsensical and irrational narratives on this site. It's one of the things that has been (or used to be) a real strength of Calguns - information. Yet, we, as well as other pro-gun advocates, can't seem to get that message out and, worse, often feed the opposing narrative with the rhetoric we do put out there.

If we think it is irrelevant and/or useless to 'help' journalists by sharing our expertise and giving them access to accurate information, if we've given up on the media ever covering things more 'objectively,' if we simply write-off much of 'social media' as being 'against us' and actively 'censoring' our message, if the NRA is seen too negatively by the general public (not to mention many members/former members), if 'keeping our heads down and riding it out' has or has not effectively worked before...

How do you propose we survive the public perceptions created by all the misleading, inaccurate, and agenda-driven narratives if we don't get our message out there? I think we're getting beyond 'riding it out;' particularly given the spate of anti-gun legislation and movements being made by even Republicans recently, the corporate machinations, et al. But, I'm not sure that rallies such as the one slated for tomorrow are effective for, as we are seeing, they are turned against us in the media (and all it takes is a single, bad actor or provocateur to reinforce that narrative/perception). Likewise, simply throwing dollars at select organizations, then challenging others, who don't necessarily have the finances to drop $XXXX at Walmart due to an ammo sale or seek help in selecting between a couple of $3,000 firearms or lament the 1-in-30 purchase limitations due to the fact that they may only be able to afford 1/year, etc. may be a 'comfort' in terms of reinforcing our achieved affluence, but is just as likely (maybe more likely) to create the wrong kinds of feelings among those we need as allies.

Might we be better off focusing on local and State politics/media and let the NRA (or whomever) take care of the 'national' level politicians/media? Is personal interaction (take someone shooting, confronting poll takers, and similar) truly effective in the grand scheme of things? Is it the best method of building a true, grassroots effort? More importantly, if it is a good means to our desired ends, are we making the most effective use of it or are we sending 'mixed signals' to those we are attempting to recruit by pushing personal agenda with it rather than allowing them to come to their own understanding through experience they currently lack?

Or... At this point... Are we simply relegated to seeing the Bill of Rights further and further infringed in the interest of Government being seen as 'doing something' about the common elements emerging in the media, in Government (at all levels), in our own inability to grasp that what we can't believe will happen is, in fact, happening and the best we can hope for is delaying the 'inevitable?'

Last edited by TrappedinCalifornia; 01-19-2020 at 6:08 PM..
Old 01-19-2020, 6:02 PM

Boogaloo eve y'all
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Old 01-19-2020, 6:19 PM

Meh. Nothing will happen.

We will win this at the ballot box and in courtrooms. Or loose.
Old 01-19-2020, 6:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
Meh. Nothing will happen.

We will win this at the ballot box and in courtrooms. Or loose.
Pretty much.

In the immediate, short term, we're most likely to lose. As I said in my ealier post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia
The sad part is that they are imposing laws we already have (and have had) in California; where conservative gun owners are already outnumbered nearly 2-to-1, the State Supreme Court and the 9th Circuit have already ruled them to be 'Constitutional,' and with promises of even more restrictions to come.
In the longer run, I suspect or, at least, I'm hopeful this leads to an electoral backlash in Virginia the likes of which we've wanted to see in California. But, I've never had much luck in being hopeful or a positivist; i.e., generally having a negative outlook and being grateful to be surprised on a rare occasion.
Old 01-19-2020, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCmatt View Post
Boogaloo eve y'all
Hope not....but maybe that is what needs to happen
Old 01-19-2020, 7:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCmatt View Post
Boogaloo eve y'all
The ever-patriotic ADL has a whole page on that.

I really hope everyone who is considering going to thing tomorrow, doesn't. Nothing good for us will come out of it. At best, the media will use that event to connect the NRA and Trump with white nationalism and they will try to make that as big an issue as possible in the election.

Victoria "Tori" Rose Smith's life mattered.
Old 01-19-2020, 8:03 PM
code Monkey

Quote:
That was my intent; i.e., I'm overtly doing what you claim I don't realize I'm doing.
I'm going to go ahead and blame that one on Poe's law and not a failed sarcasm detector on my part. Or.... a framing the opposing narrative detector. I should have known given your post history.
PSA: Don't post pre-caffeination, kids.
Quote:

I think we're getting beyond 'riding it out;' particularly given the spate of anti-gun legislation and movements being made by even Republicans recently
I'm not sure we're past "riding it out". I have irrational confidence that the Supreme Court will give relief, to the point where I haven't really considered the alternative. At that point? I don't know.

You posed some great questions in that follow-up.... it gave me something substantial to chew on.
Old 01-20-2020, 3:23 AM
Calguns Addict

More alternate reality feeding the narrative brought to you by "We are not anti-gun" leader Shannon Watts - As Extremists Plan To Rally In Virginia, Activists Are Changing America’s Deadly Gun Culture — & Winning

Quote:
On Monday, self-proclaimed militia groups — some from Virginia and many more from outside of Virginia — are rallying in a last-ditch attempt to intimidate lawmakers into ignoring the will of their constituents, who elected them to pass stronger gun laws...

Don’t be fooled into believing this protest will be a gathering of sportsmen and gun enthusiasts...

It must particularly gall extremists that gun sense is prevailing in Virginia, the NRA’s home turf...

Because the facts aren’t on their side, and the people aren’t on their side, gun extremists have decided to lie, threaten, and harass women and moms. When volunteers like me have the audacity to tweet about common-sense gun laws, they threaten rape and murder. When responsible gun owners express a desire to restore the responsibilities that go along with gun rights, they throw up an outrageous billboard with a bold-faced lie. When Virginia Moms Demand Action leaders speak out, they post their home addresses online...

Because these extremists are merely a vocal but small minority whose influence pales in comparison to the groundswell of Moms Demand Action volunteers, gun violence survivors, advocates, and allies across Virginia who elected gun sense champions to both the House of Delegates and the Senate...
Ummm... A small, vocal 'minority' has caused how many Virginia counties to declare themselves 2nd Amendment sanctuaries; clearly ignoring the 'vast majority' of residents only interested in common sense and safety?

Give me that again about out-of-state forces? Wait... What did I document earlier? Buried deep in this piece is the following...

Quote:
...The blue wave that swept Virginia last fall was largely fueled by donations from gun control advocacy groups, including Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund and Everytown for Gun Safety Victory Fund, which are backed in large part by Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York City and current presidential candidate...
The 'gun safety' advocates are victims because they've been 'threatened.' Meanwhile, average Virginians favor having their Constitutionally protected rights actually stripped from them and welcome such activists; brave people who refuse to be made victims by the cowardly, lying, murderous, misogynist, violent minority who actually wish to own firearms.

Okay. Got it.

What was that about our not controlling the narrative?

Last edited by TrappedinCalifornia; 01-20-2020 at 3:35 AM..
Old 01-20-2020, 9:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalPatriot63 View Post
Now this is a sight I'd absolutely love to see here in CA... Why the heck can't we unite together like this in Excremento when they try to pass unconstitutional, anti-2A bills?

We have. It had no effect. Even the media wouldn't cover it truthfully.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 01-20-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post

I don’t ever recall a rally here with 10K+ supporters?
Old 01-20-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
When have we ever had a rally with more than 500 at the capitol?

I have been there for 3 of them. Including the largest one post Sandy Hook when it was really going down. 500 ppl at most.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
The ever-patriotic ADL has a whole page on that.

I really hope everyone who is considering going to thing tomorrow, doesn't. Nothing good for us will come out of it. At best, the media will use that event to connect the NRA and Trump with white nationalism and they will try to make that as big an issue as possible in the election.
You are dead wrong. Must be a Democrat voter?

Everything was good and we need more of that for better turnout in November.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member

CNN covered two different shootings right before switching over to VA rally coverage. They left the headline from one of the shootings up...

VA CNN.jpg

Vote for pro-gun candidates, or lose your rights, and the rights of future generations. That's it. The end.

"No one said life would be easy".
Old 01-20-2020, 12:10 PM

Slick. Just an editorial error, right?
Old 01-20-2020, 12:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Not 10K or 20K, but 3.5K.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 01-20-2020, 1:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

https://twitter.com/breaking911/stat...048951302?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-20-2020, 1:24 PM
Calguns Addict

California is 163,696 sq. miles in size, with nearly 40 million people.
Virginia is 42,775 sq. miles in size, with a population of 8.5 million people.

It takes considerably more effort (and expense) to get from Los Angeles, San Diego, Bakersfield, etc. to Sacramento than it does to get from Roanoke or Charlottesville or Lynchburg to Richmond. A rally in Richmond is equivalent to a daily commute for many here if you live in Virginia. A rally in Sacramento is, at least, an overnight stay for most/many in California.

Add to this the fact that, regardless of how many show, with a Democrat supermajority as well as a State Supreme Court and the 9th Circuit on their side, the politicians in Sacramento will largely continue to ignore the grievances presented at the rally. Thus, it might be understandable that not as many 'show up.'

That's without even addressing the fact that Virginia still has a clear chance to make changes; now or in the near future. What have our chances in California proven to be? What percentage of the electorate voted FOR Proposition 63 and FOR Newsom?

As of 2016, there were 18.2 million registered voters in California. In 2016, 8.66 million voted FOR Prop 63; 63.8% of the actual votes cast and a little under half of the number of registered voters. In 2018, Newsom received 7.7 million votes; 61.9% of the votes cast and, again, not quite half of all registered voters in the State. The numbers on "our side" were considerably lower.

What those desirous of rallies and lamenting lack of attendance have to answer is: "What will it actually accomplish to make the effort and expense worth it?"

Feeling 'good' about doing something while actually accomplishing little or nothing does not an incentive make, for the most part. That's not resignation or defeatism. That's a case of rally proponents not appearing to offer any 'value' in participation; then blaming others for rallies not being attended. If you want it, make it meaningful or 'sell' it as something worthwhile. Don't simply 'expect' people to take time off work, fork out the expense money, and 'patriotically' attend to no purpose.

Last edited by TrappedinCalifornia; 01-20-2020 at 1:26 PM..
Old 01-20-2020, 1:28 PM
code Monkey

Quote:
I attended a Ron Paul rally in 2012 with about that number. The energy was amazing. Of course, it wasn't a "2A rally", but I'm sure most of the people there were pro-2A. It would have given us a 4 year head-start on retaking the courts.
Old 01-20-2020, 2:30 PM

Some great pictures and video here https://www.richmond.com/news/local/...d0965655f.html
Old 01-20-2020, 4:22 PM
Veteran Member

This rally has changed my mind about gun rights demonstrators being armed or not.

Previously I was operating under the doctrines of MLK Jr. and Ghandi and Tiananmen Square that unarmed protest is better optics, BUT if we have learned anything from this rally and prior right-wing rallies, it's that if the non-leftists are unarmed, then far-left agitators will show up en masse and will physically attack the non-leftists AND the police will step aside and allow the left to rampage while mostly arresting just the non-left who fight back AND THEN the non-leftists will be blamed for the violence.

But in this case, it's clear that the far-left didn't show up to fight because they have at least a bare minimum sense of self-preservation. As a result, there was little to no property damage or violence.

Put another way, Antifa and the leftist media have pretty much guaranteed that there will be bad optics if any conservatives rally unarmed, therefore the only remaining option is to rally heavily-armed and well-organized thus ensuring that no leftists show up to start trouble in the first place.

Last edited by dchang0; 01-20-2020 at 5:06 PM..
Old 01-20-2020, 4:54 PM
Veteran Member

More pictures and video at Daily Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gun-rally.html

They show more of the armed protesters that were outside the cordon.
Old 01-20-2020, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheRepublic View Post
It's interesting, civil disobedience with firearms is what the 2nd amendment was meant to protect. And of course the government makes it a felony.
Actually 1A. There's some lawsuit going on for exactly that. Some guy suing saying his bearing arms is his form of 1st amendment speech. Some people carry signs, some carry bullhorns, he carries a gun.
Can't remember the case name.
Old 01-20-2020, 5:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFA777 View Post
Actually 1A. There's some lawsuit going on for exactly that. Some guy suing saying his bearing arms is his form of 1st amendment speech. Some people carry signs, some carry bullhorns, he carries a gun.
Can't remember the case name.
Zeleny - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ghlight=zeleny

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 01-20-2020, 6:36 PM
Banned

Default What’s next for Virginia? Was the point made?

Patriots,

What is next for Virginia? Will the Governor and his comrades back down? I don’t put much faith in the Rats backing down. The laws will be nullified by the lack of enforcement by the LEO outside of Richmond. Unlike some of the political boot lickers we have here in Commiefornia, the majority of LEO in Virginia seem to understand their jobs to protect and defend the Constitution. A2
Old 01-20-2020, 6:50 PM
Banned

They understand fear. Thousands of armed men walked right up to the Statehouse or Gov. Mansion or whatever. They were polite but what if they were not? Nobody could have stopped them.
Old 01-20-2020, 6:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Exclamation

Elected democraps are clueless. Gov. Minstrel has doubled down on the STOOOOPID, every chance he's gotten. Don't get complacent yet!
Old 01-20-2020, 6:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

They need to show up strong at the ballot box next. Get blackface and the cronies out of office.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2020, 6:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Will be interesting. Pretty sure gunshops will follow the laws immediately. The sherriffs have been told to follow state law or else.. The or else would mean removal from office and prosecution. The question becomes how will their state DOJ equivalent know if a county isn't following the law.
The state has threatened the Guard...
All pro 2A AND anti 2A eyes will on the Virginia proving ground.
Old 01-20-2020, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang0 View Post
More pictures and video at Daily Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gun-rally.html

They show more of the armed protesters that were outside the cordon.

The angry white gun owner narrative is strong with these Daily Mail images. The ones I’ve seen, only feature armed individuals exclusively as whites.

While other have uploaded photos uploaded images of various races.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2020, 7:18 PM

what I'm going to do about this? Nothing! Because if I take it to small claims court, it will just drain eight hours out of my life and you probably won't show up, and even if I got the judgment you'd just stiff me anyway. So what I'm gonna do is piss and moan like an impotent jerk and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe!"
"You've been here before, haven't ya?"
Old 01-20-2020, 7:24 PM

Quote:
But Democratic lawmakers — including House Speaker Eileen Filler-Corn and Senate Majority Leader Dick Saslaw — told AP the rally wouldn't impact their plans to pass gun-control measures, including universal background checks and a one-handgun-purchase-a-month limit. Democrats say tightening Virginia's gun laws will make communities safer and help prevent mass shootings like the one last year in Virginia Beach, where a dozen people were killed in a municipal building.
https://www.kcra.com/article/tens-of...rally/30599819

Will be interesting to see what happens next.
Old 01-20-2020, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang0 View Post
This rally has changed my mind about gun rights demonstrators being armed or not.

Previously I was operating under the doctrines of MLK Jr. and Ghandi and Tiananmen Square that unarmed protest is better optics, BUT if we have learned anything from this rally and prior right-wing rallies, it's that if the non-leftists are unarmed, then far-left agitators will show up en masse and will physically attack the non-leftists AND the police will step aside and allow the left to rampage while mostly arresting just the non-left who fight back AND THEN the non-leftists will be blamed for the violence.

But in this case, it's clear that the far-left didn't show up to fight because they have at least a bare minimum sense of self-preservation. As a result, there was little to no property damage or violence.

Put another way, Antifa and the leftist media have pretty much guaranteed that there will be bad optics if any conservatives rally unarmed, therefore the only remaining option is to rally heavily-armed and well-organized thus ensuring that no leftists show up to start trouble in the first place.
It’s actually better than that. Lots of the patriots stayed after the rally was over to pick up trash and help out with cleanup. When was the last time any leftists made a situation better than they found it?
Old 01-20-2020, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbekannt View Post
They understand fear. Thousands of armed men walked right up to the Statehouse or Gov. Mansion or whatever. They were polite but what if they were not? Nobody could have stopped them.
Oh yes. The legislators are crapping in their pants. They will think twice now before proposing any gun Laws.

/s, if that is not obvious.

Last edited by ngnrnlo; 01-20-2020 at 8:05 PM..