Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: What are your feelings about Front Sight?
Great Training for Beginners Only. 73 8.09%
Great Training Beginner and Advanced. 610 67.63%
The Quality of Training is Going Down Hill. 19 2.11%
I paid too much for my Membership! 41 4.55%
They will go out of business this year! 22 2.44%
Don't want anything to do with them! 137 15.19%
Voters: 902. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_B View Post
Wow those are really good prices - thanks for reference. I arrive pretty late the day before course. I'll give them a call to see if a late (or very early morning) pickup is an option.
They will also deliver to some of the Pahrump hotels: Best Western, Holiday Inn and Wine Ridge. They've always had my order waiting when I check in the night before.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

If you are staying in pahrump they will drop off at best western for you. ASW are good people.
Old 01-17-2019, 1:20 PM
Veteran Member

If you are staying in pahrump they will drop off at best western for you. ASW are good people.
Old 01-17-2019, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Thinking about taking a slight forward cant OWB holster at 4 o’clock to Adv Tac HG. I see that the forward cant is allowed but don’t see any mention of behind 3 o’clock. Anyone know if 4 o’clock with cant is ok?
There's hardly any line shooting in Adv Tac HG, so its very unlikely that it will be an issue. The whole shooter/coach thing basically goes out the window.
Old 01-17-2019, 2:39 PM
CGN Contributor

The first marksmanship course starts tomorrow. Is anybody taking it? I hope to see a review of it.
Old 01-17-2019, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM6000 View Post
The first marksmanship course starts tomorrow. Is anybody taking it? I hope to see a review of it.
I didn't even notice the new rifle courses. Looks like that, along with the Precision Rifle series is more tailored to the non-semi-autos and longer range folks. Interested to hear how it went.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBay Shooter View Post

Jedi you are going to love the RHT holsters. I have 4 of them and been a customer for a while. If you want something really stiff, choose the double thickness. I use them for USPSA and IDPA. They really hold up.
I went with double kydex on this one, now just need to order some more blade tech mounting hardware as the holster will probably be here in a few weeks. I've heard a lot of great things about their holsters so excited to try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXstasy View Post
I just registered myself and a couple of my friends for the 06/21/19 2-Day Tac HG. We just got back from the 4DDHG on 12/14/18 as well. We started on Range 1 and ended up on Range 25.
it's going to be HOT in late June so make sure you guys are prepared for the weather. Start hydrating a full 24 hours prior to the class and drink water at every opportunity during the course.

how was 4 day HG? who was your RM / range staff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon1272 View Post
Be prepared. It will be cold. Froze my butt off last February I went.
I'll be back out there next month for 4 day HG again. I was there late Feb last year and it was pretty freaking cold.
It's all about adding layers in that kind of weather. As long as it doesn't rain I'm good.

Quote:
Thinking about taking a slight forward cant OWB holster at 4 o’clock to Adv Tac HG. I see that the forward cant is allowed but don’t see any mention of behind 3 o’clock. Anyone know if 4 o’clock with cant is ok?
It's going to be the RM's call on that one. The preferred location is obviously 3 o'clock and some will allow it to be further back but I've seem some RM's be more insistent on it having to be at 3 o'clock based on the shooters skill set.
that said, in Adv Tac you don't do a lot of static shooting from the line so they may be a bit more lenient. If it were 4 day HG, that's probably a no go.
what type of holster is it?
Old 01-18-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM6000 View Post
Yeah, looking forward to a report on this new course. I’m planning on doing it in April with a .300BO AR with 1-4x AR type scope. I’m interested if my equipment will be suited to the course.