Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 11-29-2018, 5:12 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Thank you, Sheriff Withrow. My vote for you was well placed.

Now, will he allow us to list 5 guns instead of 3?
I planted that seed with him but do not have an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired2013 View Post
And 5 years instead of 2?
I believe that is state statute. I could be wrong, but my understanding is they can make it shorter but not longer.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

- Mark Twain

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Old 12-01-2018, 9:07 AM
Vendor/Retailer

did mine at the San Joaquin sheriff Dept. was simple took pic. turned in application ( had to make a apt first ) and she asked some questions. this was done on NOV 5th. I know I put some of my tickets down I just didn't remember all of them. but I told them that and she made a note of it.

I seen two weeks ago they cashed my $20 fee but did not cash my LIVESCAN fee. so where almost 4 weeks in and wondering what happen or is this going to slow down my process. anyone on here have a time line for new CCW and not renewals? seems like everyone with renewals are getting them within 4 weeks
Old 12-01-2018, 9:16 AM

Default San Joaquin - *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaaka View Post
did mine at the San Joaquin sheriff Dept. was simple took pic. turned in application ( had to make a apt first ) and she asked some questions. this was done on NOV 5th. I know I put some of my tickets down I just didn't remember all of them. but I told them that and she made a note of it.

I seen two weeks ago they cashed my $20 fee but did not cash my LIVESCAN fee. so where almost 4 weeks in and wondering what happen or is this going to slow down my process. anyone on here have a time line for new CCW and not renewals? seems like everyone with renewals are getting them within 4 weeks

No time line...but my process was in monthly phases...appt to turn in app and live scan...exactly 1 month later got a call from the detective....then exactly 1 month after that...,I got my appt to go in to get my ccw...3 months on the dot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2018, 7:50 AM

Any idea when we might have more info about how the new sheriff will handle apps and the process?
John 3:16
Old 01-01-2019, 8:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyduckling View Post
Any idea when we might have more info about how the new sheriff will handle apps and the process?
Turned in my renewal application November 20th. Waiting for my interview by phone. Will let you all know the process from there.
Old 01-01-2019, 8:29 AM

According to what my buddy said at least from his buddy... so take it with a grain of salt.

For renewal, he went in and turned in his app. Was told he would get a phone interview soon. About a month goes by and gets a call for his phone interview, which seems to consist of the same thing as the in person interview. After the interview he was told he could go and get his training done. The instructor he chose is currently booked until mid January, so I do not know the process after that.

My buddy is also currently waiting on his phone interview.
Old 01-09-2019, 2:37 PM

Any INFO this year 2019 on days/weeks to wait for adding Weapon to existing CCW permit.?

Old 01-10-2019, 11:06 AM

My buddy just went in on Jan 8th to add a firearm to his permit. They told him it might take anywhere from a few weeks to a month or maybe longer because the new sheriff was just sworn in the day before. Also that he had a few boxes waiting on his desk already.
Old 01-10-2019, 3:10 PM

Cancel that, finally found my answer on Google.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by CaliTrav; 01-10-2019 at 5:18 PM..
Old 01-10-2019, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsq45 View Post
My buddy just went in on Jan 8th to add a firearm to his permit. They told him it might take anywhere from a few weeks to a month or maybe longer because the new sheriff was just sworn in the day before. Also that he had a few boxes waiting on his desk already.

Thanks .. maybe just add on my next renewal.

Old 01-12-2019, 1:00 PM

I have tried email the professional standards division for a question to my answer and have unable to get a exact answer.

If you had a criminal record expunged and completed probation with no violations. What is the standard time that you have to wait to be approved for San Joaquion county for a CCW ? I do know Sacramento county makes you wait 7 years. Anybody have experience in this position ?
Old 01-24-2019, 5:05 PM
Veteran Member

Anyone know what the current wait time is for a renewal? Mine is due in April, so I'm thinking I should submit my application soon. Anyone with recent experience?
"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
Old 01-24-2019, 5:16 PM

My buddy did his in December. Turned in his app, was told he would get a call in about a month or so for the interview. Received a phone call in exactly a month for his "interview" and was told to go ahead and take a class. His friend went through about the same process and received his call to pick up his permit a day or so before his expiration date.
Old 01-24-2019, 5:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilit View Post
Anyone know what the current wait time is for a renewal? Mine is due in April, so I'm thinking I should submit my application soon. Anyone with recent experience?
IIRC mine was about three weeks mid last year. Keep in mind there is a new sheriff in town (literally ) and wait times and details are unknown at this time. I believe Withrow will be good in this area but I would not rule out the possibility of transitional hickups.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

- Mark Twain

Old 01-24-2019, 9:17 PM

Just renewed mine took just short of a month. My renewal interview was over the phone
Old 01-25-2019, 3:39 AM

Dropped off my renewal application Nov 20th. Haven't heard anything yet. I did have an interview with Sheriff Moore back in 2015 because of my past record from 40 + years ago. Maybe new Sheriff doesn't like that past record.
Old 01-25-2019, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Dropped off my renewal application Nov 20th. Haven't heard anything yet. I did have an interview with Sheriff Moore back in 2015 because of my past record from 40 + years ago. Maybe new Sheriff doesn't like that past record.
Hope that's not the case. I turned in my paperwork and did livescan in December. Still waiting for phone interview. I had a past record that was cleaned up from over 20 years ago.

Old 01-25-2019, 7:28 AM

Just called the Professional Standards Division on the status of my renewal application. My ccw expires February 20th. I was told they are on the February 14th pile of applications and I should be getting a call or email soon on my application as the February 20th stack is next in line for review.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Just called the Professional Standards Division on the status of my renewal application. My ccw expires February 20th. I was told they are on the February 14th pile of applications and I should be getting a call or email soon on my application as the February 20th stack is next in line for review.
Nice, hopefully they are just backed up a little from the new sheriff getting settled in.

Old 01-25-2019, 2:47 PM
Veteran Member

Well, just called today. Appointments to drop off applications for renewals (Tuesdays only) are running about a month out.
"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
Old 01-25-2019, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Well, just called today. Appointments to drop off applications for renewals (Tuesdays only) are running about a month out.
Yeah, my appointment to drop off was one month from when I called. I called in November and dropped off on December.

Old 01-25-2019, 3:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
How much lead time are they recommending (before expiration)? Last time I renewed they suggested calling 3 months prior to the permit expiration date.

Old 01-26-2019, 8:33 AM

When I called for my renewal appointment it was 3 months before my expiration of my ccw. They said 3 months was just right. Mine expires in 24 days. Said I should be expecting a call or email soon. Looks like the review of applications are taken in order of expiration date not who is first inline from the appointment. Not leaving much time to do your qualification.
Old 01-26-2019, 5:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
How much lead time are they recommending (before expiration)? Last time I renewed they suggested calling 3 months prior to the permit expiration date.
Website says 60-90 days. I called on what would be the the start of a 90 day schedule till my license expires. The appointment I got is almost exactly a month out, so I'll be dropping off on day 30 of 90.

Last edited by wilit; 01-26-2019 at 5:42 PM..
Old 01-30-2019, 11:58 AM

Had my phone interview yesterday. Said he didn't see any red flags on the application. Will know in a week or two whether approved or not for the ccw renewal. Don't know how the new Sheriff will react to my record from 40+ years ago. They are working now on the applications for those whose license expires in February.
Old 02-07-2019, 9:02 PM

Mine expired in January but got the call this week that approval was received. To setup a time to come in, pay, and pick up permit. It could have been approved sooner but my renewal got caught up with the administration change.
Old 02-13-2019, 3:15 PM

Renewal picked up. Good to go for another 2 years. In and out in about 20 minutes.

Something worth sharing though is that while I was there to pick up my renewal, a gentleman walked in inquiring about his renewal. In the past, you were given the forms and a date to come back to submit them. He was given the option to fill out the paperwork and that he could sign and date "since he was already there" instead of setting a time to drop them off. He was also told that after he turned them in, he will get a phone call from the investigator in a few weeks.

Not sure if this was just specific for that certain day or request but if this was the norm, it's actually pretty cool for Sheriff Withrow to allow that. This may even expedite the process for those that are about to renew. When I called for my renewal in October, I wasn't given a date to drop off the documents until November and didn't get a call until early January and I was told that this was due to the "transition".
Old 02-13-2019, 4:53 PM

I thought I read that renewals can only be done on Tuesdays and you need an appointment. Mine is next week.

Although I did go in once to do something without an appointment; the front desk allowed it, the person doing the investigations/interviews in back was not amused. I decided to just go with the official rules.

Tere hanges.
Old 02-14-2019, 5:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebot View Post
Renewal picked up. Good to go for another 2 years. In and out in about 20 minutes.

Something worth sharing though is that while I was there to pick up my renewal, a gentleman walked in inquiring about his renewal. In the past, you were given the forms and a date to come back to submit them. He was given the option to fill out the paperwork and that he could sign and date "since he was already there" instead of setting a time to drop them off. He was also told that after he turned them in, he will get a phone call from the investigator in a few weeks.

Not sure if this was just specific for that certain day or request but if this was the norm, it's actually pretty cool for Sheriff Withrow to allow that. This may even expedite the process for those that are about to renew. When I called for my renewal in October, I wasn't given a date to drop off the documents until November and didn't get a call until early January and I was told that this was due to the "transition".
I know based on my conversations with Sheriff Withrow, he wants to streamline the process. What this looks like remains to be seen but time will tell. He is a firm believer in armed citizens

- Mark Twain

Old 02-14-2019, 6:00 AM

My CCW expires February 20. Got the email that my renewal application has been approved and can take the 4 hour ccw renewal class.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:01 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
My CCW expires February 20. Got the email that my renewal application has been approved and can take the 4 hour ccw renewal class.
If you take the renewal class before the notification of approval, will they still accept it? They used to say it was fine as long as it was fairly recent, like within the last few months.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
If you take the renewal class before the notification of approval, will they still accept it? They used to say it was fine as long as it was fairly recent, like within the last few months.
Yes. The email said if I had already took the class to make an appointment for picking up the license.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Yes. The email said if I had already took the class to make an appointment for picking up the license.
Perfect. Thanks.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:43 AM

This is the email you get when approved.
Dear CCW Applicant,

Your background for your CCW Renewal application has been completed, and you have been approved to take your 4 hour training class. If you have already taken the 4 hour training class, or once you take the class, you can call to make an appointment to come into to the Sheriff's Office on any Wednesday or Thursday between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. with your certificate showing that you have completed the class, and qualified with the weapon(s). When you come into the Sheriff’s Office you will need to pay a fee of $77.00 in exact cash, check or money order. Congratulations. You have 90 days to complete this process.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:47 PM

Anyone know what the wait time is to get an appointment to turn in new applications?
Old 02-21-2019, 1:55 PM

Call them. Find out instantly.
Old 02-21-2019, 1:55 PM

Default San Joaquin - *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

Ok thanks

Looks like its about two months out.

Last edited by D_ALPINE_M; 02-21-2019 at 2:25 PM.. Reason: Update info
Old 03-11-2019, 3:56 PM

Took my CCW Renewal class last week with First Response. Thank you Duncan and Carlos. Great class though a bit rainy. Will pick up my CCW on Wednesday.
Old 03-11-2019, 4:30 PM

I have to take the renewal class real soon. Where does First Response do their class/qualification?
Old 03-11-2019, 10:04 PM

I got my approval email today to take the 16hr class. From making the first appointment to approval email a little over 3 months. First time applying.