Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 05-26-2022, 8:05 AM
Veteran Member

Default USAR Postal Match 9-July 3pm, Sunnyvale Rod and Gun

Location: Sunnyvale Rod and Gun Club - 11998 Stevens Canyon Rd, Cupertino, CA 95014

sunnyvalegunclub.com

Date of Match: 9 July 2022, 3pm set up when the range closes to public hours. Postal Match participants will continue on for the course of fire under the direction of myself a club member.

Contact for questions: message me here on the forum

***Ammo, Firearms, Eye Protection and Hearing Protection WILL NOT BE PROVIDED*** Bring your own

Participation Requirements
1) Current DOD military (all branches of service) member validated by current CAC ID as proof of identification.

2) Submission of completed and signed Form DD2760
REQUIRED Downloadable form DD2760 (enter DOD # in replacement of SSN)
https://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/D.../dd/dd2760.pdf

DD2760 will be collected on hard copy, and hard copies will be available at registration.

3) $25 range fee paid to the Sunnyvale Gun Club.
a. Participants ideally will come to the range during public hours before closing hours and enjoy the range for personal practice to maximize the value of their range fee.

*For participation as my guest, items 1-3 are nonnegotiable. Those without paying the $25 range fee, proper DOD ID or completion of DD2760 will be asked to leave the facility.

Course of Fire for July Match

Margaret Thompson Murdock Postal Match
https://www.usar.army.mil/Commands/F...s/PostalMatch/

Preferably an AR-15 with load bearing vest (from personal issue TA-50), but any reasonable center fire rifle from 223 to 308 will be acceptable.
12 shots

Place a zero target (NSN: 6920-01-660-9191 or 6920-01-660-0348) at 25 meters from the shooter. Shooters fill three magazines with two rounds each and prepare their equipment as needed.

Stage 1
Start position: Standing position at low ready (muzzle pointed down at a 45 degree angle) in condition Red (charged magazine in place, chamber loaded, safety on “SAFE”) with two rounds loaded (one chambered one in the magazine).

The other two-round magazines will be secured in magazine pouches on the shooter's equipment (not on the ground.) At the command to fire, assume a prone unsupported position and engage the zero target with two rounds, reload without command and re-engage the zero target with two more rounds from the unsupported kneeling position, reload without command and re-engage the zero target with two rounds from the unsupported standing position. In prone unsupported the magazine may touch the ground but a sandbag or other support is not allowed.

Time limit: 40 seconds. All shots fired after the “Cease Fire” command is given are penalized ten points each. Stage

2: Repeat Stage 1. Allow enough time in between each stage to fill magazines and prepare accordingly. Shooters may observe their target after Stage 1 and before Stage 2 if desired with optics or by going down range.

Maximum score possible: 120 points (12 total rounds fired).

Participants do not need to remain on the range once they have completed their 12 round course of fire.

The intent of these matches to conduct a Postal Course of Fire once a month for USAR soldiers and create to local community of ongoing marksmanship skills development.

Current DOD service members Participants will receive a Memorandum for Record for successful participation of a score for 70 and above from myself.
Old 05-26-2022, 6:27 PM

Awesome! Cant wait to shoot!

Will there be zero targets provided or will we have to bring/print our own?
Old 05-27-2022, 7:05 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman0154 View Post
Awesome! Cant wait to shoot!

Will there be zero targets provided or will we have to bring/print our own?
Yea, I'll have targets. However, the link in the postal match details has them at the back of the PDF

https://www.usar.army.mil/Commands/F...s/PostalMatch/

I'll be printing them off from there. So you aren't getting anything special.
Old 05-28-2022, 7:41 PM

Works for me!