Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 05-17-2022, 2:47 PM

Default District Attorney - Public Administration Todd Spitzer vs Michael Jacobs?

Pete Hardin - Is NOT Pro 2A, so no need to bother with him!
Preventing Gun Violence
Amidst increasing gun violence, I will be a leading voice advocating for gun safety laws to keep guns out of the wrong hands. As District Attorney, I will work hand-in-hand with school administrators and community organizations to prevent school-based gun violence. I will fight to expand background checks for all gun purchases. I will combat illegal gun trafficking by advocating for tighter laws that crack down on manufacturers of ghost guns and limit multiple gun sales. We must keep guns away from perpetrators of domestic violence and support gun dispossession laws to put a stop to the senseless gun violence that plagues our communities

Bryan Chehock - bryanchehock4oca - Is non political which is fine but seems to have sprung up from nowhere and decided to run for DA.

Todd Spitzer (Incumbent) - toddspitzer - Seems to align his priorities with conservatives but Spitzer has had some scandals with misconduct and sexual harassment. I saw from 2018, some of the Calgun folks here felt he was a dirt bag when he first ran as DA.

Michael Jacobs (Non-Partisan) mikejacobsforocad - 30 years exp as a prosecutor. Attacks Spitzer for various issues. Might be worthy of consideration? Would love to hear what others think of these two candidates.

No Agenda Podcast - Obedience is best.
Old 05-17-2022, 3:17 PM

"I will fight to expand background checks for all gun purchases."

Umm, this guy wants to be the DA but is oblivious to the fact that California has a universal background check requirement--something which is impossible to expand upon? Further, what say does a local DA have in passing laws to expand background checks? That is a purely legislative function.

Even if his 2A stance is questionable, his lack of knowledge an general stupidity ought to do the trick.
Old 05-18-2022, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruOil View Post
"I will fight to expand background checks for all gun purchases."

Umm, this guy wants to be the DA but is oblivious to the fact that California has a universal background check requirement--something which is impossible to expand upon? Further, what say does a local DA have in passing laws to expand background checks? That is a purely legislative function.

Even if his 2A stance is questionable, his lack of knowledge an general stupidity ought to do the trick.
That quote is from Pete Hardin. I included his quote to show others here why no one who values the Bill of Rights should vote for him.

No Agenda Podcast - Obedience is best.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:09 PM

This story was the first time I heard of Spitzer. When he was OC Supervisor he felt threatened by a random stranger looking at his plastic knife while eating lunch at a Wahoo's in Foothill Ranch. He left, retrieved a firearm, returned to the "threat", handcuffed him, and called 911. He said he was proud of how he handled it. People I know that worked with him at the city level don't really enjoy his company, but remain cordial with him. I've never interacted with him directly.

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/n...at-restaurant/
Old 05-18-2022, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by castgold View Post
This story was the first time I heard of Spitzer. When he was OC Supervisor he felt threatened by a random stranger looking at his plastic knife while eating lunch at a Wahoo's in Foothill Ranch. He left, retrieved a firearm, returned to the "threat", handcuffed him, and called 911. He said he was proud of how he handled it. People I know that worked with him at the city level don't really enjoy his company, but remain cordial with him. I've never interacted with him directly.

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/n...at-restaurant/
"Rules for thee, not for me" type of bastard I see.

Are we allowed to pull out a gun and do a citizen arrest on a person we are arguing with at a public location?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk