Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2014, 11:38 AM
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper3142 View Post
And you come to that conclusion HOW?!?

Oh... that's right. He's a person who isn't a cop. He's also seen and recorded what he believed was past LEO misconduct. So he must have somehow "baited" or brought on this attack by LEOs by doing something wrong.

Keep on holding that "Thin Blue Line".
He has videotaped events in the past dealing with officers according to the article. And I said "probably" not "absolutely"
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic164573_1.gif
Old 10-13-2014, 11:44 AM
小さな女性

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomashoward View Post
Don't be cute. Answer questions honestly. Don't volunteer anything. If they want to see them they will ask
^^^ This is much more balanced.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2014, 11:54 AM
小さな女性

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper3142 View Post
And you come to that conclusion HOW?!?

Oh... that's right. He's a person who isn't a cop. He's also seen and recorded what he believed was past LEO misconduct. So he must have somehow "baited" or brought on this attack by LEOs by doing something wrong.

Keep on holding that "Thin Blue Line".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfLwdyMbSHE

You provided this video in another thread asking/or claiming the cops are being out of line. This video is fake and this "innocent" person taping this incident isn't baiting the detective in the car with the mirror she hit?

I compare this because there are more people doing this and posting their videos on Youtube.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
You're comparing a decorated Air Force veteran with at least a $120,000 budget per year for purchasing firearms and other rated equipment to the general public? LOL I will bet he was under the radar the whole time considering what his profession was and purchasing all the civilian equipment used for his teachings. LOL Yea your average person has a budget of $120,000 and is able to access parts to "modify an AR-15 platform rifle to replace the outdated MP-5 sub-machine guns that protective service officers currently use in the field." LOL

Definitely an exception. LOL
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here, or what his office budget has to do with how he was railroaded by LE trying to make their bones on him.

Quote:
Don't be cute. Answer questions honestly. Don't volunteer anything. If they want to see them they will ask
The problem is, if you tell them you have guns in the car, the current law says they have the authority to "inspect" them. Essentially that means they are going to search your car. That can lead to all sorts of problems, even if you are sure you are following the law.
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:57 AM
小さな女性

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincon View Post
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here, or what his office budget has to do with how he was railroaded by LE trying to make their bones on him.

The problem is, if you tell them you have guns in the car, the current law says they have the authority to "inspect" them. Essentially that means they are going to search your car. That can lead to all sorts of problems, even if you are sure you are following the law.
You know what my point is.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2014, 11:58 AM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus

Quote:
Yes and this one probably has "baited" officers in the past and he is probably well known throughout the local LE agencies.
Well hell, if he baited them (whatever that means) then I guess they were perfectly justified in beating the hell out of him for exercising his lawful rights.

I'm starting to think people this statist are going to get exactly what they deserve when the attention of these nice officers turns on them.
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus

Quote:
You know what my point is.
No I don't, that's why I said as much. Do your delusions now extend to you thinking you know my mind better than I do?

This guy was more than just a decorated vet, he was a retired federal investigator with 20 years of meritorious service. And they convicted him of felonies for helping friends and families complete builds. And they used his own statements to investigators (of his own former agency) against him. If they are willing to do that to him, what on earth makes you think they are going to give YOU a pass?

Last edited by Tincon; 10-13-2014 at 12:01 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 12:00 PM
小さな女性

Quote:

Referring to what is in bold text. That is your opinion. This doesn't happen every time.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Last edited by meno377; 10-13-2014 at 12:02 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 12:01 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
No I don't, that's why I said as much. Do your delusions now extend to you thinking you know my mind better than I do?
I haven't gone off my original debate here with the recent posts. Get over yourself.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Referring to what is in bold text. That is your opinion. This doesn't happen every time.
How do you provide the firearm to the officer without allowing them to collect it? Assuming its in the trunk, they're not going to let you hand it to them.. You probably will be asked to remain a good distance away as well.

This then leads to other issues, like the whole logged magazine in the same locked container. Is it legal, yes. Do all the cops know this and treat it that way? Hardly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
You don't like homosexuality, don't let some dude stick his tab A into your slot B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko45
But then again I think of the mayors nephew, his face distored with tears and terror, the GAP employees who asked for my autograph, and had to settle for a cover identity’s signature, the flashbangs, and their acrid scent, the small of napalm in the evening breeze, as I crouch behind a shopping cart in the parking lot,
Old 10-13-2014, 12:09 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
Well hell, if he baited them (whatever that means) then I guess they were perfectly justified in beating the hell out of him for exercising his lawful rights.

I'm starting to think people this statist are going to get exactly what they deserve when the attention of these nice officers turns on them.
Regarding what is in bold text. Those are your words and not mine. I would never think like that. That being said there are responsibilities to accept when you provoke potential situations.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2014, 12:12 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshnasi View Post
How do you provide the firearm to the officer without allowing them to collect it? Assuming its in the trunk, they're not going to let you hand it to them.. You probably will be asked to remain a good distance away as well.

This then leads to other issues, like the whole logged magazine in the same locked container. Is it legal, yes. Do all the cops know this and treat it that way? Hardly.
If that's how you carry yours then yes it can happen. But I don't carry that way and again it doesn't happen every time. Mine is in a pelican case on the passenger seat. How they access the case is up to them. I have been through this situation and all they did was take my handgun to their unit, probably to verify it wasn't stolen by the serial number and placed it in my bed of my truck. I had to wait until they left and that was it.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Last edited by meno377; 10-13-2014 at 12:17 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
If that's how you carry yours then yes it can happen. But I don't carry that way and again it doesn't happen every time.
How do you carry the gun?

Quote:
You don't like homosexuality, don't let some dude stick his tab A into your slot B.
Quote:
But then again I think of the mayors nephew, his face distored with tears and terror, the GAP employees who asked for my autograph, and had to settle for a cover identity’s signature, the flashbangs, and their acrid scent, the small of napalm in the evening breeze, as I crouch behind a shopping cart in the parking lot,
Old 10-13-2014, 12:17 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
How do you carry the gun?
Sorry I just added to my last post. It will explain.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
If that's how you carry yours then yes it can happen. But I don't carry that way and again it doesn't happen every time. Mine is in a pelican case on the passenger seat. How they access the case is up to them. I have been through this situation and all they did was take my handgun to their unit, probably to verify it wasn't stolen by the serial number and placed it in my bed of my truck. I had to wait until they left and that was it.
Quote:
Sorry I just added to my last post. It will explain.
Initially that sounds completely reasonable. Is it a locked case? Do you have loaded magazines in the case before and after the trip to the range?

With that said, you've elected to place the case in view of the officers. Anything within eye-shot of an officer can be used as probable cause to the search the vehicle. I wouldn't ever transport firearms that way.

How do you transport long guns?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-13-2014, 12:27 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
Initially that sounds completely reasonable. Is it a locked case? Do you have loaded magazines in the case before and after the trip to the range?

With that said, you've elected to place the case in view of the officers. Anything within eye-shot of an officer can be used as probable cause to the search the vehicle. I wouldn't ever transport firearms that way.

How do you transport long guns?
I am okay with because I believe that when they see it, they will want to verify that everything is good to go legal wise and after confirming that, will let me go. I do not carry magazines loaded and they aren't in the same case except for one that is inserted which is empty. I have a pad lock on it.

Long guns are in the 1750 cases. I have several of them. They are angled on the floor pointing up on the passenger side and/or in the bed of the truck.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Last edited by meno377; 10-13-2014 at 12:31 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 12:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I am okay with because I believe that when they see it, they will want to verify that everything is good to go legal wise and after confirming that, will let me go. I do not carry magazines loaded and they aren't in the same case except for one that is inserted which is empty. I have a pad lock on it.

Long guns are in the 1750 cases. I have several of them. They are angled on the floor pointing up on the passenger side and/or in the bed of the truck.
I love it when people rely on the honesty and integrity of government and its employees to dictate how I carry on with my constitutional right.

Didn't they just release an older lady from prison after 17 years today for something she never did wrong?
Old 10-13-2014, 12:42 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
I love it when people rely on the honesty and integrity of government and its employees to dictate how I carry on with my constitutional right.

Didn't they just release an older lady from prison after 17 years today for something she never did wrong?
LOL I am just following the laws of how to legally carry in a vehicle and sharing an opinion.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Very Blanche DuBois of you. I don't in any way agree with your mindset, but your point is clear. Myself, locked pistol case under my seat and range bag locked in the trunk with loaded mags. I always say "no". When asked about weapons.

I don't say "Nothing illegal". I just say "no". I am not under oath and have no reason to waste my time as someone checks my guns for me. I'm a free man and don't need an adult to prove my guns are safe. I'll take the responsibility myself.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-13-2014, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
LOL I am just following the laws of how to legally carry in a vehicle and sharing an opinion.
I'd say you're putting your transport of firearms WAY OUT on front street. Would you go have some lunch in a restaurant with your guns left like that?

The point is that most people use the trunk, the guns are out of view for numerous reasons.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-13-2014, 12:55 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
Very Blanche DuBois of you. I don't in any way agree with your mindset, but your point is clear. Myself, locked pistol case under my seat and range bag locked in the trunk with loaded mags. I always say "no". When asked about weapons.

I don't say "Nothing illegal". I just say "no". I am not under oath and have no reason to waste my time as someone checks my guns for me. I'm a free man and don't need an adult to prove my guns are safe. I'll take the responsibility myself.
Well I appreciate it and also appreciate someone like you who we can clearly agree to disagree and not get bent out of shape because we have different opinions. I honestly laugh at some users here who think their opinions are right and because I don't agree, tell me that I have delusions and that I think I can read their mind better than they can. Give me a break. I have always just expressed my opinions. Nothing more.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2014, 12:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Your method may be legal or even to legal.

Your display of the cases is assinine (for theft reasons) and your willingness to share your personal property with LE does LE no good or you any good. Nothing good comes from sharing information with LE in this situation. NOTHING.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:58 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
I'd say you're putting your transport of firearms WAY OUT on front street. Would you go have some lunch in a restaurant with your guns left like that?

The point is that most people use the trunk, the guns are out of view for numerous reasons.
Since I use a truck, obviously no trunk. I am going to get a new car soon and will certainly entertain that. I have left the cases in the truck while shopping for a minute or so but I never leave the truck for a long period of time. Being in San Diego, I feel it's a little more relaxed than LA. Just saying.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2014, 1:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Well I appreciate it and also appreciate someone like you who we can clearly agree to disagree and not get bent out of shape because we have different opinions. I honestly laugh at some users here who think their opinions are right and because I don't agree, tell me that I have delusions and that I think I can read their mind better than they can. Give me a break. I have always just expressed my opinions. Nothing more.
I carry concealed with a permit. My issuing sheriff told us that there was no reason to share with LE that i am locked and loaded during a traffic stop or any casual encounter with LE.

There is no need to bring up my carry status unless there is cause for concern in certain situations where it might be important.
Old 10-13-2014, 1:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Since I use a truck, obviously no trunk. I am going to get a new car soon and will certainly entertain that. I have left the cases in the truck while shopping for a minute or so but I never leave the truck for a long period of time. Being in San Diego, I feel it's a little more relaxed than LA. Just saying.
Having a single cab truck, your options are limited.

I'm in Cerritos, Ca. which is on the southern boundary of LA/OC county. Much like SD County, LA county is full of very diverse areas. Very little crime in my area.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-13-2014, 1:03 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
Your method may be legal or even to legal.

Your display of the cases is assinine (for theft reasons) and your willingness to share your personal property with LE does LE no good or you any good. Nothing good comes from sharing information with LE in this situation. NOTHING.
Why are you putting words into the debate that I never said. I am not motivated to share my personal property but if asked while I was pulled over, I'm not going to lie, evade, or take a stand exercising my rights on the side of the road. I will deal with that in court. If you don't like or disagree, fine. That's the way I roll.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2014, 1:07 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
I carry concealed with a permit. My issuing sheriff told us that there was no reason to share with LE that i am locked and loaded during a traffic stop or any casual encounter with LE.

There is no need to bring up my carry status unless there is cause for concern in certain situations where it might be important.
Yea and according to your info, you live in the lake county area which is not as populated as LA or SD. And apparently your agency doesn't require you to disclose CCW. Carrying concealed carry and having firearms in the vehicle with locked cases are not equal. Population of San Diego County as of 2013 was 3,211,252. Population of Lake County as of 2013 was 63,860, so do you think they compare on a fair basis?
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Last edited by meno377; 10-13-2014 at 1:19 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 1:48 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't waste anymore time with this guy. Give it some time. He'll come to see the error in his way one day. You play with fire long enough and you will get burned. He'll come to realize that "I'm from the government and I'm here to help" is BS.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams
Old 10-13-2014, 1:58 PM

Meno might want to read this thread.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=992788

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams
Old 10-13-2014, 2:10 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAguy View Post
Meno might want to read this thread.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=992788
I already read it and wouldn't put myself in the same situation.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2014, 3:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Yea and according to your info, you live in the lake county area which is not as populated as LA or SD. And apparently your agency doesn't require you to disclose CCW. Carrying concealed carry and having firearms in the vehicle with locked cases are not equal. Population of San Diego County as of 2013 was 3,211,252. Population of Lake County as of 2013 was 63,860, so do you think they compare on a fair basis?
Your ignorance and life experience run real short here don't they?

CCW laws and transport laws run state wide. My concealed carry weapon has accompanied me all over this state including but not limited to San Francisco, LA and San Diego. Where you live and where you carry has nothing to do with this topic. Not sure why you would think any differently.
Old 10-13-2014, 3:10 PM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus

Quote:
I already read it and wouldn't put myself in the same situation.
How, exactly? Not drive? Not have legal items in your vehicle?
Old 10-13-2014, 3:20 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
Your ignorance and life experience run real short here don't they?

CCW laws and transport laws run state wide. My concealed carry weapon has accompanied me all over this state including but not limited to San Francisco, LA and San Diego. Where you live and where you carry has nothing to do with this topic. Not sure why you would think any differently.
Living in San Diego, CCW's are hard to get at the moment. According to this forum, local agencies may put a condition on your CCW card stating that you must disclose that you are carrying during a stop. Get off your high horse.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2014, 3:23 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
How, exactly? Not drive? Not have legal items in your vehicle?
I wouldn't carry hi cap mags with me even though they are pre-ban/legal because they can be construed as a nuisance.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2014, 3:26 PM
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
I wouldn't carry hi cap mags with me even though they are pre-ban/legal because they can be construed as a nuisance.
High caps? I guess you didn't really read that thread.
Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.
Old 10-13-2014, 3:32 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
That's what Ray taught us in CCW class at UGC
Did they say that SOME agencies can put a condition on your card that you need to disclose that you are carrying?
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2014, 3:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Living in San Diego, CCW's are hard to get at the moment. According to this forum, local agencies may put a condition on your CCW card stating that you must disclose that you are carrying during a stop. Get off your high horse.
Again, what exactly does state law have to do with the area of the state you live in? What part of, No matter where i hang my hat state law is state law. I have carried in SD i have transported firearms in SD. Due to the nature of that dept. i would especially not disclose anything to them for the very reason you seem to fear.

You should listen to people who know and come out from the rock you hide under.
Old 10-13-2014, 3:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Did they say that SOME agencies can put a condition on your card that you need to disclose that you are carrying?
The sheriff sets the conditions of carry on the back of the license. My says not valid if under the control of drugs or alcohol.
Old 10-13-2014, 3:40 PM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus

Quote:
That was not really the issue in that case, but note that the officer thought Saiga 12s were illegal as well. The point is ANYTHING could be "construed as a nuisance" by a cop who is ignorant of the law he is trying to enforce. You don't know what is going to be "construed" as illegal.
Old 10-13-2014, 3:43 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
Again, what exactly does state law have to do with the area of the state you live in? What part of, No matter where i hang my hat state law is state law. I have carried in SD i have transported firearms in SD. Due to the nature of that dept. i would especially not disclose anything to them for the very reason you seem to fear.

You should listen to people who know and come out from the rock you hide under.
I will ask you this. On your ccw card, is there a "condition" that says you need to disclose that you are carrying to an LEO in the area of (fill in the blank)?
Quote:
-Milton Friedman