Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 09-26-2021, 6:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Why are Concealed Carry County Info thread titles so out of date?

Why are the county thread titles in the CalGuns Concealed Carry County Info Forum years out of date? That forum list 21 Moderators. In the past several years I’ve only seen Librarian do any moderation. Why are the rest of them Moderators if they’re not being moderators? Seems like I’m always sending Alerts when some newbie starts their own thread. (There’s supposed to be only 58 threads, one for each county, maybe a few more for some cities.) A few years ago I pretty much gave up on even sending Mods alerts, although I still do occasionally.

If they don’t moderate they should be removed as a Moderator.

And whoever is left should update the thread titles and opening posts to reflect current CCW issuance practices.

Last edited by Paladin; 09-26-2021 at 6:12 PM..
Old 09-26-2021, 8:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Totally agree on this. LA should be marked "time to apply". In fact I would say that the LA thread should be locked, and a new thread started, with some of Paladin's (and perhaps my) posts at the start of it. The LA thread has become too long and impossible to read, and it's something people should be reading.

Victoria "Tori" Rose Smith's life mattered.
Old 09-29-2021, 6:21 AM
retired Goon

AFAIK...

For the Concealed Carry County Information sub-forum, each county would have a single mega thread that contained all the information for that specific county and those mega threads would not be closed for any reason.

Would starting a new county mega thread every time a new county sheriff is elected, and utilizing that thread as a current info mega thread for that county, be more effective alternative to the current system?
Do you have a better set of criteria to determine when a county's mega thread should be closed and a new one created, in order to prevent out-of-date info from being presented as current info?

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 09-29-2021 at 10:35 AM..
Old 10-02-2021, 8:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
AFAIK...

For the Concealed Carry County Information sub-forum, each county would have a single mega thread that contained all the information for that specific county and those mega threads would not be closed for any reason.

Would starting a new county mega thread every time a new county sheriff is elected, and utilizing that thread as a current info mega thread for that county, be more effective alternative to the current system?
Do you have a better set of criteria to determine when a county's mega thread should be closed and a new one created, in order to prevent out-of-date info from being presented as current info?
You don’t have to lock or sequester old posts. Just do what I did when I was a Mod back in 2015: update the threads’ icon and title to reflect current status and gut the opening post of out of date info and replace with current info. State post number or page number of when last change took place.

That way anyone looking at all the county thread titles can easily see a county’s status, go to the OP and read the details, skim through old history if they want, or go to where the most recent change is discussed in posts.

Last edited by Paladin; 10-05-2021 at 11:55 AM..
Old 10-15-2021, 11:29 AM

Default Bump

Silence ???
Old 10-27-2021, 6:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flouncer View Post
Silence ???
Moderator is as Moderator does.
Old 10-30-2021, 5:35 AM
retired Goon

I've gotten busy with work, so my time on the forum has been shorten to a few days a week and that leaves me little time to do any type of proactive measures on the forum.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 10-30-2021, 7:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
You don’t have to lock or sequester old posts. Just do what I did when I was a Mod back in 2015: update the threads’ icon and title to reflect current status and gut the opening post of out of date info and replace with current info. State post number or page number of when last change took place.

That way anyone looking at all the county thread titles can easily see a county’s status, go to the OP and read the details, skim through old history if they want, or go to where the most recent change is discussed in posts.
This would ROCK...
Old 11-04-2021, 6:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
I've gotten busy with work, so my time on the forum has been shorten to a few days a week and that leaves me little time to do any type of proactive measures on the forum.
Librarian is active.

You are excused

IIRC that leaves 19 AWOL “Moderators”….
Old 11-04-2021, 9:32 AM

Default Moderator AWOL

I had an unpleasant experience with a "moderator" over another unrelated topic. He got belligerent and alluded to banning me. I was simply asking What happened to my thread ? It seemed to me that were far too many mods, and not enough accountability on the Moderator or forum side. No one could tell me which mod had removed my thread or why. It's like there are a bunch of little Sherriffs or Hitlers running around flexing E-penis. And no Daddy to watch over them. So, this thread comes up and we run into the simpler less negative situation. Who is actually moderating this part of the CalGuns Forum and why isnt there some minimal oversight ? Paladin has provided a viable road map to maing it a better more useful place.

I would offer but I truly dont think I am subject matter qualified or patient enough to deal with BS as the mods on here are/do.

Thank you for moderating whoever you are.
Old 01-09-2022, 1:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

2 months later and no change….
Old 01-10-2022, 7:17 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
2 months later and no change….
I just edited it and moved the pre-update posts in the Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Cruz, Merced, San Luis Obispo, San Benito, Monterey, and Sonoma threads to closed threads for archiving purposes.

Check if that helped any?

If it did, I'll do the same to the other threads.

Last edited by Quiet; 01-14-2022 at 5:24 PM..