Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > AUDIOPHIL2
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2021, 1:58 PM

Default Current work status / updated contact information

I've been following the current state of Audiophil2's work on the previous threads. Including issues beyond his direct control. From what I gather: bank hold is lifted, FFL audit is done, and backlogged work was caught up.

However I've had work outstanding since before all that (May 6). It has been pushed back a few times (2 times). So am only reaching out based on Phil's conveyed "should be done by" dates (June 16). It is now (July 1), so I'm seeking advice.

I've been having difficulty reaching him via PM (preferred per Phil), phone, or email. At this point he has my pre-paid goods, tools, and the service has been pending "should be done next week" on 6/16. I haven't heard back or been able to reach him since. Read Receipt PMs from (6/16 + 6/29), only sent 2 to be respectful, show as unread.

Is the phone number in his signature current, or has it changed? If someone could confirm he's operating, that would be helpful. Last Facebook post was 6/25, so internet is functional.

I'll wait another week to try to hear back in case he's on vacation. If things are still backlogged, that's fine, but would appreciate an update either way.
Old 07-04-2021, 7:13 AM

I am in the same position. Audiophil2 has 3 of my mags that he was supposed to block for me in early April. He doesn’t respond to emails and nobody answers the phone.
He seems to have a pretty good rep. My best guess is an unexpected family/personal issue. It would be nice to have some type of update or an option to send my mags somewhere else to be finished.
Old 07-07-2021, 5:46 PM

Default Me, too.

I was going to write Audiophil2 myself re having some mags blocked and so came across this thread. Will be interested in how this situation turns out. In the meantime, might anyone suggest another responsible party who will do this type of work? TIA!
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~ C. S. Lewis
Old 07-11-2021, 7:24 PM

It is now (July 11) and I haven't been contacted back by Audiophil2. I have also not been able to contact him by any means.

Facebook updates appear to have stopped abruptly. Is there some sort of family emergency as asked by other posters?
Old 07-12-2021, 2:44 PM
Veteran Member

Also waiting on audiophil2 to quote me so I can pay him to convert my JRA Gallant I had sent to him on 06/26. I figured he's probably busy because he also sells and deals with the rest of the country and not just California. I think he's a one man operation from what I remember so he's probably super busy. But yes a status update is always nice if that can be sent.

Rock out with your Glock out
Old 07-12-2021, 5:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...5#post25951335
Old 07-24-2021, 6:41 AM

Thanks for the update. I'll try reaching out to him again.

Previous PM still show as unread as of (July 24th) so I presume he's still recovering.
Old 08-13-2021, 2:54 PM

As an update, I received a phone call today (initiated by Audiophil2). My work order was completed, and tracking to be issued shortly.

I was able to remit payment, Zelle or CC was accepted, and discuss address change due to time gap. I had left a standard 2-week checkin voicemail last Saturday (Aug 7th) and was contacted now.

Inquiring on behalf of people who PM'ed, Audiphil2 said the "new normal" is estimated to resume in +2 weeks or so. Out of prudence I would assume some buffer on top.

So addressing my original post: Audiophil2 is safe and healthy. Phone number indicated on the footer of business website is still valid as of this date. And he is resuming normal business operations shortly (TBD).
Old 09-22-2021, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik-MPX View Post
I am in the same position. Audiophil2 has 3 of my mags that he was supposed to block for me in early April. He doesn’t respond to emails and nobody answers the phone.
He seems to have a pretty good rep. My best guess is an unexpected family/personal issue. It would be nice to have some type of update or an option to send my mags somewhere else to be finished.
I placed an order and had it sent to audiophil. Got a USPS money order and mailed it to audiophil 7-10 days ago.

Can't seem to reach him other than the first PM response.

Left phone message, email and calgun PMs.

Not sure if his info is up-to-date .

Desperate.... decided to read this thread.

Hope everything is well with him.