Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:44 PM

Default Safariland GLS

I got a GLS model 578 for my CZ P-01 and I can't tell if it's just broken or I'm being dumb.

The pistol went in fine the first time, but was so loose that I could pull it back out without even touching the retention tab. That happened one time. Now The pistol won't go back into the holster at all. The plastic tab that hooks onto the trigger guard seems stuck, and the pistol can't get past it. Is the holster broken or is there something I can adjust to get it into working order

edit: So i figured out that if i depress the tab while actuating the GLS lever, I can move it and get the pistol back into the holster and then unholster just fine as well, but 1/3 times the tab gets stuck again upon trying to reholster. I have tightened the allen key so that the pistol is more secure. I can also unholster the pistol if i simply pull hard enough without utilizing the GLS lever. This is kind of disappointing

Last edited by Imperius; 01-10-2019 at 12:19 AM..
Old 01-22-2019, 6:22 AM

It shouldn't be like that. Sounds like its defective or the very bottom Allen key(the one just below the barrel where a mounted light would be pointing.) needs to be tightened more. Call safariland if you can't figure it out they have lifetime warranty and good customer service.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
Old 01-22-2019, 9:18 AM

Here is the link to the manual. It mentions a shim that may need to be installed on some gun models.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1LbpFUnFPS.pdf
Old 01-25-2019, 10:54 AM

I have the same holster and had the same problem, I have to use the shim on all my metal guns because the trigger guard is narrower than the polymer guns. I think the shim was in a small plastic bag with the allen wrench
Old 02-01-2019, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryonly View Post
I have the same holster and had the same problem, I have to use the shim on all my metal guns because the trigger guard is narrower than the polymer guns. I think the shim was in a small plastic bag with the allen wrench
Did that fix the problem? Safariland responded and is willing to replace the holster though so I'll try that. If it doesn't work I'll install the shim

Edit: Installed the shim and it works fine now. Safariland needs to update their chart regarding which holsters require and don't require the shim. Currently they claim the P-01 doesn't need one

Last edited by Imperius; 02-02-2019 at 7:35 PM..