Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 03-30-2011, 5:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Man, I really hope this works out cause I'm planning on moving to San Joaquin county from Alameda county later this year. I'm excited about the prospect of a shall-issue as opposed to a NO-issue.
"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
Old 03-30-2011, 7:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead9 View Post
Is it also safe to say that now that since the "drill" has been run, others should wait to apply until we get this thing sorted out? If so, people that haven't applied yet should hold off for now. It seems like a waste of time and money to submit an initial application at this stage, but I could be wrong...
I know the feeling. I've been on the fence for awhile.
Old 03-31-2011, 6:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncVoid View Post
I know the feeling. I've been on the fence for awhile.
I have already been denied. I saw a couple posts about new apps being submitted, and wondered if it was worth it for people at this point in the game.
Old 04-02-2011, 9:38 PM

Default Wow wish I visited this page prior to applying.

I submitted my application on January 11 2011, On Monday March 28,2011, I I just had an interview with the Sheriff Steve Moore, and my Good Cause was similar to all those listed, For my safety and saftey of my family, I travel frequently at night long distances for protection, To protect the firearms I transport to and from the range and not always directly. I had my car buglarized in my driveway since filing the application.
He inquired about nonlethal devices, carrying the weapon openly in nonincorporated areas. Still waiting to hear back and its April 2, any advice?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:59 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFobia View Post
I submitted my application on January 11 2011, On Monday March 28,2011, I I just had an interview with the Sheriff Steve Moore, and my Good Cause was similar to all those listed, For my safety and saftey of my family, I travel frequently at night long distances for protection, To protect the firearms I transport to and from the range and not always directly. I had my car buglarized in my driveway since filing the application.
He inquired about nonlethal devices, carrying the weapon openly in nonincorporated areas. Still waiting to hear back and its April 2, any advice?
Don't hold your breath waiting for an approval.
Old 04-04-2011, 3:03 PM

No doubt, I put in a call to his office today. I expect a denial tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:39 AM

Are there any updated statistics as to how many CCWs were issued? The CA DOJ site only has records up till 2007 ( http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/...uances2007.pdf ). That would be an interesting statistic.

In the last month I not only scared off one burglar (who dropped a knife when fleeing the premises) but another one just this week (probably the same moron). I come home anywhere between 9 and 12PM because of work. I really don't want to be unarmed the next time I run into someone trespassing on my property...

I'm looking to get my CCW ASAP. But damn with the run-around I'm reading about, it sounds like the idea of me getting one anytime soon is unlikely.

If there's any of you who did successfully get one, I'd love to hear your story about the process.
Old 04-05-2011, 8:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusanagikei View Post
Are there any updated statistics as to how many CCWs were issued? The CA DOJ site only has records up till 2007 ( http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/...uances2007.pdf ). That would be an interesting statistic.

In the last month I not only scared off one burglar (who dropped a knife when fleeing the premises) but another one just this week (probably the same moron). I come home anywhere between 9 and 12PM because of work. I really don't want to be unarmed the next time I run into someone trespassing on my property...

I'm looking to get my CCW ASAP. But damn with the run-around I'm reading about, it sounds like the idea of me getting one anytime soon is unlikely.

If there's any of you who did successfully get one, I'd love to hear your story about the process.
You might consider if PC 12025.5 could reasonably be held as a defense.

If you park your vehicle in a garage when coming home, you might also consider carrying an unloaded handgun in a locked case with ammo in a magazine next to it and you could then carry in your home (and in your front yard unless it's in a school zone). There's helpful info in the wiki at http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in...E_A_FIREARM.3F.

Hopefully, you'll get a CCW soon but the Sheriff might suggest that you carry pepper spray instead, etc., unfortunately.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger007 View Post
You might consider if PC 12025.5 could reasonably be held as a defense.

If you park your vehicle in a garage when coming home, you might also consider carrying an unloaded handgun in a locked case with ammo in a magazine next to it and you could then carry in your home (and in your front yard unless it's in a school zone). There's helpful info in the wiki at http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in...E_A_FIREARM.3F.

Hopefully, you'll get a CCW soon but the Sheriff might suggest that you carry pepper spray instead, etc., unfortunately.
As for my parking situation, I park on the street in front of my house. And I do carry an empty pistol with a loaded mag close at hand in my trunk when I go back and forth.

Based on what I read in the GC examples, I more than qualify. So that isn't something I'm necessarily worried about.

I'm more worried about how easy the sheriff seems to be turning applications down and bending or disregarding law because he's more worried about the politics. At least that's the vibe I'm getting from all the rants and what I assume to be legal action in process. I don't really want to turn an app in, shell out the cash and then have him reject it just because he's on a rejection spree.

That's why I subscribed to the thread and will keep monitoring for good news. Hopefully...

Also, PC 12025.5 seems to deal more with a specific person or persons that can possibly be identified and have a restraining order placed upon. I have no idea who keeps trying to break into my house nor do I really want to find out. Whoever they are, they seem pretty persistent on breaking in. Either that or my neighborhood is crap and it's not the same person.

Last edited by kusanagikei; 04-05-2011 at 11:18 PM..
Old 04-07-2011, 9:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusanagikei View Post
As for my parking situation, I park on the street in front of my house. And I do carry an empty pistol with a loaded mag close at hand in my trunk when I go back and forth.

Based on what I read in the GC examples, I more than qualify. So that isn't something I'm necessarily worried about.

I'm more worried about how easy the sheriff seems to be turning applications down and bending or disregarding law because he's more worried about the politics. At least that's the vibe I'm getting from all the rants and what I assume to be legal action in process. I don't really want to turn an app in, shell out the cash and then have him reject it just because he's on a rejection spree.

That's why I subscribed to the thread and will keep monitoring for good news. Hopefully...

Also, PC 12025.5 seems to deal more with a specific person or persons that can possibly be identified and have a restraining order placed upon. I have no idea who keeps trying to break into my house nor do I really want to find out. Whoever they are, they seem pretty persistent on breaking in. Either that or my neighborhood is crap and it's not the same person.
Don't be so sure. My GC is 1000x better than even the best "I carry large sums of money, late at night, in a bad neighborhood" statement (which seems to be the trigger for being approved).

Sheriff Moore is a lying, conceited, insecure, control freak. He doesn't care about your safety, nor can he possibly provide for it, and he'll be damned if he let's you protect yourself. My interpretation of his logic... No one has the skill, knowledge, or judgement to carry a weapon, unless you're a cop. "I'm a lifetime member of the NRA" So what? It's just a card. Actions speak louder than words, Steven. You are no friend of gun owners, so stop portraying yourself as such. You may have some people duped into believing your BS, but not us.

I'm so sick of his idea of "more ccw's = more guns on the street".

Sheriff Moore... You are a disappointment to the citizens of San Joaquin county!
And the criminals of SJC commend you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
And yes, this IS gun school.
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsmchs View Post
There is life outside of Calguns
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPirate View Post
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:15 AM

Jager, tell us how you really feel...

I do agree with you on all counts my friend.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatseeker View Post
Jager, tell us how you really feel...

I do agree with you on all counts my friend.
Yeah, I know it's a bit "rant-ish" but I can't take it anymore. Been watching the news lately? Stockton, Acampo, Sac... shootings everywhere, and not just gang related. It's getting bad out there and we can't do anything about it.

Oh, Wait! Pepper spray

When Moore suggests "less lethal forms of protection", maybe he should take away all SJSD firearms and issue some OC spray. It seems to be 100% effective against bad guys.

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger007 View Post
Tell him the ONE OUNCE of pepper spray it is legal to carry is not going to stop two or three assailants.
Old 04-07-2011, 5:36 PM

I know how you feel Jager, but i see in his future that he is going to have a rude awakening, and he might not be able to stop the the out come.
Old 04-07-2011, 5:49 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by locksmith View Post
I know how you feel Jager, but i see in his future that he is going to have a rude awakening, and he might not be able to stop the the out come.
++++1 I really agree with everybody and I hope he is in for a rude awakening!
Old 04-07-2011, 6:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerTroop View Post
My interpretation of his logic... No one has the skill, knowledge, or judgement to carry a weapon, unless you're a cop.
Yep, that's why the streets are running red with blood in the 40 Shall Issue or better states.

Ask him to explain why there's no problems w/law-abiding citizens CCWing in all those states.
From: http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactShe...ad.aspx?id=204

Old 04-08-2011, 3:00 PM

I notice that the thread title has been changed. Is there any new info?

I too have noticed the news around here regarding violent crime seems to be on the rise. I guess when the times are tough, the dirtbags run a little wilder...
Old 04-08-2011, 3:38 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Finally got my C&R, and my COE is due any day now. Was waiting to have those in hand, in case it would help my cause when I went to apply... Now, not so sure it will matter, and wonder if I should just wait. Too bad he didn't lose the election.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Have you taken The Pistolero Challenge?
Old 04-08-2011, 8:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

We are continuing with reform efforts and will provide a more detailed update as soon as we can.
Old 04-08-2011, 8:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpuFixrMan View Post
Finally got my C&R, and my COE is due any day now. Was waiting to have those in hand, in case it would help my cause when I went to apply... Now, not so sure it will matter, and wonder if I should just wait. Too bad he didn't lose the election.
C&R and COE didn't help me any. It seems that nothing matters to this guy. It's going to take a firm legal hand to crack this nut.

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2011, 10:18 PM

Well after reading this thread mostly everyone from CG and other people who who don't belong to this forum who have applied for CCW within SJC has been denied their constitutional right to keep and bear arms out side of ones home.

To be stripped of your rights is to be stripped of life, Sheriff Moore needs to step up and realize that not everyone is as safe or feel as safe as he is, he needs to grant the righteous people CCW permits who have no bad intentions of harming themselves or any one else. Applying for a CCW is our choice, but then again our right, as citizens of this beautiful country. Our rights as US citizens are at the top of the list, the right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed and should be granted in order to keep society and ourselves protected when LEO's aren't able to protect us.

The constitution was written by our founding fathers in order to keep the union top notch intact. I don't believe this is about public safety anymore, this my friends is about authority and power. I do believe in order to make this all disappear giving my opinion, I know this will never happen, but the entire federal law enforcement system needs to be overhauled from top to bottom and coordinated with the right members of each unit in order to make this a better country for us to live in.

I wanted to step up and apply but I don't longer think I am capable of giving any other reasonable statement other than I want the CCW permit for personal protection since I do live in a rough neighborhood where crime has been happening a lot lately. I would probably get denied ASAP for the solely reason I do live in a bad neighborhood. So what is there to do? We're all law abiding citizens yet we still get denied.

Last edited by HK-DEMON-; 04-08-2011 at 10:31 PM..
Old 04-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
We are continuing with reform efforts and will provide a more detailed update as soon as we can.

Let's just keep the faith guys, the wheels are turning slowly but they ARE turning.
Old 04-09-2011, 9:11 AM

Another S.J. resident hear wishing everyone success . I have been following this thread hoping to see permits issued but have not applied yet.
I have a friend in Sac. who has applied and had an interview and seems very encouraged.
Old 04-10-2011, 3:32 PM

Well I had a second meeting to tie together the logic of my GC and gather additional info. What I was told by the Sgt, is that since November almost all apps have been denied, and those that have been issued have conditions and restrictions attached, I'm not sure how that works. I hope this is not the case, because they are paying me alot of lipservice to deny me in the end.

Why?? Same Principle as a Condom;
"Better to have it and not need it ,
then need it and not have it".
Old 04-14-2011, 5:53 PM

Any updates? Thanks
Old 04-19-2011, 7:41 PM
Calguns Addict

I see "I carry large sums of money" appear a lot in the good cause statements. What is considered a large sum of money and how often do you need to carry it?
"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
Old 04-19-2011, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilit View Post
I see "I carry large sums of money" appear a lot in the good cause statements. What is considered a large sum of money and how often do you need to carry it?
Until CCW Reform happens, it doesn't matter...
Old 04-20-2011, 5:09 AM

Even though it shouldn't matter...

Hopefully, our NRA Life Member Sheriff will get the smack down on this subject soon.
Old 04-20-2011, 7:02 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilit View Post
They do research any claims of funds transport. Also, a GC with this would likely incur a restriction to the act of transport.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 04-20-2011, 7:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpuFixrMan View Post
... Too bad he didn't lose the election.
Let’s just hope that the next election someone will run like the Sheriff in Stanislaus Co. and publicly state that he will issue CCW's. I know a lot of people that live in and around Modesto that got a permit. Some got their permit just because (they don't carry 24/7 but could at anytime).
Old 04-20-2011, 12:41 PM

Let's hope that next election whoever runs against him can get more that 25% of the vote. Moreno(who came out as shall issue) took a shellacking last time.
Old 04-20-2011, 9:45 PM

No new info yet.... trying to be patient with him but Im feeling if I dont ride his *** he is complacent to let it be.

Why?? Same Principle as a Condom;
"Better to have it and not need it ,
then need it and not have it".
Old 04-21-2011, 1:04 AM

SJ resident hoping for the best. Such a shame a beautiful state like this gets ruined by legal BS
Old 04-21-2011, 8:02 AM

any new info ? i understand things are moving slow but any idea how much longer till an answer ?
Old 04-21-2011, 8:12 AM
Veteran Member

Be patient. I'm sure Brandon is working as quickly as possible. Trust me, I'm anxious too. I've been waiting about a year and a half.

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2011, 1:20 PM
CGN Contributor

Hello everyone! It has been very interesting to read all the comments on this thread. I am so great-full to see so many of you working toward making our lives a more safe and peaceful place though our second amendment right. I was just denied my CCW today! I'm the owner of a business in downtown Stockton near the movie theater. I am regularly transporting large sums of cash as a part of my daily routine. I am constantly having to deal with panhandlers and mentally unstable people, and most of the time they are pretty passive. However, lately I have noticed an increased agitation and aggressiveness most likely due to the fact that folks just don't have money to give them right now. This is making them more and more desperate and willing to take that extra step that we are all afraid will be taken some day. A lot of the time, they see me late at night in the business (we have a lot of large windows) and they wait outside for me to come out. As a business, we are currently calling 911 at least twice a week on a pretty regular basis and here is the scary part, no one shows up! I have Stockton police offices telling me in confidence that they are scared with the way things are... I don't blame the police department, with their decimated budget and ridiculously low number of officers. In fact, I really could care less who is at fault! I just don't understand why the Sheriff... The Sheriff that I VOTED FOR, will not allow me to protect myself, my family, and my co-workers!

Granted, I am no saint, but I am a very upstanding citizen. I worked for Lawrence Livermore Lab for almost 12 years were I held Just about every DOE security clearance there is including FIE. I have been polygraphed, drug tested, etc... I have no arrests on my record, and it has been years since I have even had so much as a parking ticket.

Although the letter does not give any reason what so ever as to why I was denied, the only reason I can think of as to why I would have been denied is because I have a medical marijuana card. I got one because I have serious medically proven issues with my back and neck, and this causes difficulty sleeping. I have seven years of medical records to back up this fact! I obviously could not try this solution when I worked at the Lab, so I tried everything else the doc suggested... nothing worked except for Lorazapam at high doses which is a highly addictive tranquilizer. I stopped taking them because I didn't want to become addicted. So I went to a DOCTOR after I left the lab to open my business three years ago and got a card and tried MJ. I don't want to go into this story too much, but the point is I did everything by the letter of the law SO I can say that I have never once in my whole life used any illegal drugs in any way. In addition, I would even be willing to give up MJ and live with the pain and lack of sleep to protect the lives of myself and my family.

Please keep up the fight. I will add myself to the volunteer list and do anything I can to help protect all of us law abiding citizens that just don't want to live in fear of our lives any longer.
Old 04-21-2011, 3:07 PM

I noticed the title change from "Time to Apply" to "CGF REFORM INPROGRESS"

any offical updates?

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2011, 6:28 PM

I wrote a letter to NRA PVF and I am just wondering if that is going to do any good. Or how many others have taken the opportunity to do as gene had suggested. I am just wondering if I can do something else that might help
Old 04-21-2011, 6:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I changed the title because we want to encourage some patience while the reform efforts are underway. I'm not able to speak directly to what is in motion **just yet**, but I will be posting some relevant actionable information very soon.

-Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
I noticed the title change from "Time to Apply" to "CGF REFORM IN PROGRESS"

any offical updates?

Thanks!

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.

Last edited by wildhawker; 04-21-2011 at 7:23 PM..
Old 04-21-2011, 7:10 PM
Veteran Member

Trust me when I tell you this folks, this guy Brandon knows his stuff and if he sez to be patient then that's the thing to do. He'll slowly but surely get all the ducks lined up in a row and then the action begins.