Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-12-2019, 12:11 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,331
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default Orange County Deputy Sheriffs Assoc endorsed Gavin Newsom

I stand corrected, my friend told me it was the OCSD association that endorsed Gavin Newsom and every pro criminal /BLM / sanctuary state / illegal immigration / early release / prop 47-57 supporting Sacramento democrat standing for reelection in OC!!! How can this happen??
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 05-12-2019 at 1:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-12-2019, 12:14 PM
Kokopelli's Avatar
Kokopelli Kokopelli is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: "the drop edge of yonder"
Posts: 2,463
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Deleted. OP changed the topic from LA county sheriffs to OC sheriffs.
__________________
“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire

Last edited by Kokopelli; 05-12-2019 at 1:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-12-2019, 12:21 PM
rcslotcar rcslotcar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: LA COUNTY
Posts: 985
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Found this: https://twitter.com/aladsonline/stat...47975616864257
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-12-2019, 12:25 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,331
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcslotcar View Post
I got the wrong county. Thanks for the correct info. My post corrected.
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 05-12-2019 at 12:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-2019, 2:26 PM
Yodaman Yodaman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,979
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Promised kickbacks?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-12-2019, 2:47 PM
waawaaweenie waawaaweenie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central, Ca
Posts: 492
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
I stand corrected, my friend told me it was the OCSD association that endorsed Gavin Newsom and every pro criminal /BLM / sanctuary state / illegal immigration / early release / prop 47-57 supporting Sacramento democrat standing for reelection in OC!!! How can this happen??
it is the unions who do the endorsing, not the officers.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-12-2019, 4:46 PM
esy esy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 840
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

That’s a damn shame. I agree the unions don’t speak for the officers, but that still sets a horrible precedence.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-12-2019, 7:25 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,331
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waawaaweenie View Post
it is the unions who do the endorsing, not the officers.
Well the officers are RESPONSIBLE because quite simply, THEY VOTE FOR THE UNION LEADERSHIP. And when the union leadership endorses all those anti- second amendment, pro criminal / liberal judges / sanctuary state / BLM / prop 47-57 democrats, the drive by voter thinks the endorsed Democrats are good for public safety. It could not be further from the truth as we all know.

The LEO unions let the democrats HIDE behind those endorsements, lying to the public and making California less safe for the rest of us.

The membership who votes in the union leadership OWN the endorsements...EVERY OFFICER/DEPUTY OWNS the resultant public policy's of the the politicians they ALLOW their union to endorse.

Does ANYONE really think that if all the LEO unions/ assoc came out publicly and TOLD THE TRUTH, that the policies and platform of the democratic party / majority in Sacramento are BAD for pubic safety, that the democrats could 1) continue to promote those policies or 2) maintain their majority?

We are getting closer and closer in the state where its time for LEO's to force their unions / assoc to STEP UP and take the right side....before its too late!
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 05-12-2019 at 7:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-12-2019, 7:43 PM
Fjold's Avatar
Fjold Fjold is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Near Bakersfield
Posts: 20,943
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

If the Union member LEOs would stop supporting these Democrats we wouldn't have half of the restrictive laws that we do. Unfortunately at least 50% + 1, union LEOs are only concerned about their pensions and perks and are willing to sacrifice the rest of the State to keep them.

I guess it's like everyone else, it's "what's in it for me?"
__________________
Frank

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-12-2019, 7:52 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,331
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
If the Union member LEOs would stop supporting these Democrats we wouldn't have half of the restrictive laws that we do. Unfortunately at least 50% + 1, union LEOs are only concerned about their pensions and perks and are willing to sacrifice the rest of the State to keep them.

I guess it's like everyone else, it's "what's in it for me?"
I cant tell you how many LEO's I know who have or plan to "take the money and run", retiring out of the state they sold down the river...
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-12-2019, 8:48 PM
TrailerparkTrash's Avatar
TrailerparkTrash TrailerparkTrash is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Democratic People’s Republic of Gavin
Posts: 2,682
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
The membership who votes in the union leadership OWN the endorsements...EVERY OFFICER/DEPUTY OWNS the resultant public policy's of the the politicians they ALLOW their union to endorse.
Well, yes and no. Not every sworn member votes for union officers that are pro democrat politician.

The issue is (and this will get your goad), that police unions (just like teacher’s unions, nurse’s unions, firefighter’s unions, air traffic controller’s union, and ALL unions across the country), endorse democrats because of their stance on pay and retirement benefits for union members! Republican politicians while usually better fiscally with spending on tax payer money, tend to give LESS pay and retirement benefits to union workers.

So naturally, unions want politicians that are willing to give better financial benefits to their members. Hence union elected officers always vote to endorse democrats and the vicious cycle continues.

Sadly, it’s the American way.

But police unions have no real JUICE. They are forbidden to strike, unlike teachers and nurses can in the public sector. But politicians LOVE public safety endorsements and therefore usually “reward” these unions with promises and fulfillment of higher financial benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian
Does ANYONE really think that if all the LEO unions/ assoc came out publicly and TOLD THE TRUTH, that the policies and platform of the democratic party / majority in Sacramento are BAD for pubic safety, that the democrats could 1) continue to promote those policies or 2) maintain their majority?
You don’t get it. LEO union leaders don’t care about the “truth.” It’s about pay, benefits and retirement. Politicians have promised these benefits for over a century and unions are fed by money.

It sucks but that’s how it works unfortunately.

Of course I’m a recipient of LE union operations because they offer legal protection for us doing our jobs. But I too hate the fact that my association endorses Dems 99% of the time. Also, 99% of all elected union officers that vote republican on their ballots at home, still endorse and donate UNION money to democrat PAC’s.

...and that’s politics.

’MERICA!
__________________



-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-Trump’s SCOTUS: 2 / Dems: 0
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-12-2019, 9:41 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,331
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
Well, yes and no. Not every sworn member votes for union officers that are pro democrat politician.

The issue is (and this will get your goad), that police unions (just like teacher’s unions, nurse’s unions, firefighter’s unions, air traffic controller’s union, and ALL unions across the country), endorse democrats because of their stance on pay and retirement benefits for union members! Republican politicians while usually better fiscally with spending on tax payer money, tend to give LESS pay and retirement benefits to union workers.

So naturally, unions want politicians that are willing to give better financial benefits to their members. Hence union elected officers always vote to endorse democrats and the vicious cycle continues.

Sadly, it’s the American way.

But police unions have no real JUICE. They are forbidden to strike, unlike teachers and nurses can in the public sector. But politicians LOVE public safety endorsements and therefore usually “reward” these unions with promises and fulfillment of higher financial benefits.



You don’t get it. LEO union leaders don’t care about the “truth.” It’s about pay, benefits and retirement. Politicians have promised these benefits for over a century and unions are fed by money.

It sucks but that’s how it works unfortunately.

Of course I’m a recipient of LE union operations because they offer legal protection for us doing our jobs. But I too hate the fact that my association endorses Dems 99% of the time. Also, 99% of all elected union officers that vote republican on their ballots at home, still endorse and donate UNION money to democrat PAC’s.

...and that’s politics.

’MERICA!
So what you are saying is that the California law enforcement community is KNOWINGLY LETTING their union leadership sell the 2nd amendment, public safety and solvency of the state and its future down the river for personal greed...

I don't know who is worse, the democrats running the state or the people who know better but are being PAID to turn a blind eye. Kinda makes me think that when they order you all to confiscate the guns and arrest all the citizens defending their rights ..everyone WILL show up for work to protect those pensions!

Kinda makes me think of just one word...starts with a .....
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 05-12-2019 at 9:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-12-2019, 11:59 PM
Ishooter's Avatar
Ishooter Ishooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 570
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Former OCSD Hutchens is a pro 2A. I think the current OCSD Barnes is still a pro 2A. The OCSA may have a powerful affect on the OCSD decisions. OC politicians are mostly liberals now, so this doesn't surprise me.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-13-2019, 12:21 AM
Samuelx's Avatar
Samuelx Samuelx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 1,447
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Time to put another couple of idiots on Ignore... ::
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-13-2019, 12:40 AM
stormvet's Avatar
stormvet stormvet is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,303
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
I cant tell you how many LEO's I know who have or plan to "take the money and run", retiring out of the state they sold down the river...
You really think this is an appropriate post...here in the LEO forum.

Your here for real dialogue right, or just to get your rocks off by telling off those LEO’s that you obviously despise.

Oh I know, you don’t hate LEO’s you have lots of friends who are LEO. With friends like you...
__________________
Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-13-2019, 4:08 AM
SoCalDep SoCalDep is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,061
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Unions didn’t turn OC blue... voters did. Voters sold out this state. Getting mad at the cops can’t change that.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-13-2019, 4:16 AM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,331
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
Unions didn’t turn OC blue... voters did. Voters sold out this state. Getting mad at the cops can’t change that.
Sorry the Leo unions / associations have been helping all along ... in. A big way. As I said.. and my point of discussion ..If the rank and file all support the Second Amendment, if th drank and file all support keeping criminals in jail, if the rank and file support our borders, if the rank and file all support law and order, how can the majority rank and file who support all the above let THIER unions take the political positions the unions take in the name of the rank and file?

I'm just trying to understand...and wondering why the rank and file won't wrest control of its unions /associations form the pro democrat bosses and turn this unions political activity into reflections of the rank and file political values. We need you all in the fight for California with us not against us.
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 05-13-2019 at 5:23 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-13-2019, 6:09 AM
TrailerparkTrash's Avatar
TrailerparkTrash TrailerparkTrash is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Democratic People’s Republic of Gavin
Posts: 2,682
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Sorry the Leo unions / associations have been helping all along ... in. A big way. As I said.. and my point of discussion ..If the rank and file all support the Second Amendment, if th drank and file all support keeping criminals in jail, if the rank and file support our borders, if the rank and file all support law and order, how can the majority rank and file who support all the above let THIER unions take the political positions the unions take in the name of the rank and file?

I'm just trying to understand...and wondering why the rank and file won't wrest control of its unions /associations form the pro democrat bosses and turn this unions political activity into reflections of the rank and file political values. We need you all in the fight for California with us not against us.
Sorry buddy, but today’s rank and file new cops aren’t into guns and the 2A like they were 30-40 years ago. It’s staggering how many in the profession just don’t care about guns.....politics.....voting etc....

But your problem primarily shouldn’t be against cops and cop associations (because technically, they are NOT unions, even though we’ve been referencing them as such). Complaining about this topic is really just “white-noise.”

Instead, why don’t you ask your friends and relatives if they even bothered to vote in the last general election. How about harping on your co workers for being complacent at the poles? Do you pester them for not voting on pro 2A issues? The fact is, the majority of citizens all around you and me, don’t vote. Those that do, primarily vote libtard in this state.

Why don’t you complain about this problem with your coworkers and relatives, then see where it gets you? I think blaming police associations and their sworn personnel about you losing your gun rights, just makes an easy target to complain about ...this week.
__________________



-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-Trump’s SCOTUS: 2 / Dems: 0
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-13-2019, 7:08 AM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,331
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
Sorry buddy, but today’s rank and file new cops aren’t into guns and the 2A like they were 30-40 years ago. It’s staggering how many in the profession just don’t care about guns.....politics.....voting etc....
Yup.. LE is no longer a calling.. just a civil service job. We are becoming more and more like europe every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
But your problem primarily shouldn’t be against cops and cop associations (because technically, they are NOT unions, even though we’ve been referencing them as such). Complaining about this topic is really just “white-noise.”
I am hoping some will sit up and take notice and talk to all their co workers... (sound familiar .. see YOUR comment below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
Instead, why don’t you ask your friends and relatives if they even bothered to vote in the last general election. How about harping on your co workers for being complacent at the poles? Do you pester them for not voting on pro 2A issues? The fact is, the majority of citizens all around you and me, don’t vote. Those that do, primarily vote libtard in this state.
I already do all this in addition to contributing to NRA/ CRPA/ Second Amendment Foundation, Republican party, and anyone running against Pelosi and Schumer. I have walked more precincts and stuffed more envelops and manned more phone banks than I care to remember in my younger, more economically challenged days as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
Why don’t you complain about this problem with your coworkers and relatives, then see where it gets you? I think blaming police associations and their sworn personnel about you losing your gun rights, just makes an easy target to complain about ...this week.
Its about more than gun rights now. Sorry, Those LE endorsements give all the liberal anti public safety, easy on criminals, pro liberal judges and sanctuary state democrats political cover at election time so they can stay in office and destroy both public and officer safety. Many of the officers attacked and killed in the last year or so were attacked or murdered by criminals and illegal immigrants who should have still been in jail or not in the country.
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 05-13-2019 at 10:22 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-13-2019, 7:45 AM
SMarquez SMarquez is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,104
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The union bosses are very consistent in pushing members to "vote for your paycheck". It works on younger members but older members are starting to reconsider. They are seeing that whatever gains the have on their checks end up going out in taxes, many time more than that raise. There is a Facebook movement, IAFF union members for Trump. This came about after IAFF President threw the internationals support behind Biden and has 23,000 members in 3 weeks. I see quite a few from my local, 1014 Firefighters. They are genuinely concerned about open borders, intolerance of opposing views and beliefs, medicare for all, declining schools, late term abortions and the whole democrat agenda. There are a lot of union members nationwide really concerned about the moral agenda of the dems and see a less bright future for their kids and grand kids. In some states the PACS are a separate fund and deductions from their paychecks and many of them are opting out of the PACs. I think this movement will open some eyes and reign in the international.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-13-2019, 1:02 PM
1G75 1G75 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 83
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Not everyone here works for OCSD, OK?

So tired of this blue hate trolling on the LEO forum.....can't we all just get along?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-13-2019, 1:14 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,331
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1G75 View Post
Not everyone here works for OCSD, OK?

So tired of this blue hate trolling on the LEO forum.....can't we all just get along?
Does your association / union endorse democrats in local and state / national elections ?
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-13-2019, 2:30 PM
pacrat pacrat is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Socialist Republic of SoCal
Posts: 5,791
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
But your problem primarily shouldn’t be against cops and cop associations (because technically, they are NOT unions, even though we’ve been referencing them as such).
Quote:
se·man·tics
[səˈman(t)iks]
NOUN

the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. There are a number of branches and subbranches of semantics, including formal semantics, which studies the logical aspects of meaning, such as sense, reference, implication, and logical form, lexical semantics, which studies word meanings and word relations, and conceptual semantics, which studies the cognitive structure of meaning.
the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text.
"such quibbling over semantics may seem petty stuff"
Quote:
as·so·ci·a·tion
[əˌsōsēˈāSH(ə)n, əˌsōSHēˈāSH(ə)n]
NOUN

(often in names) a group of people organized for a joint purpose.
"the National Association of Broadcasters"
synonyms:
alliance · consortium · coalition · UNION · league · guild · syndicate · [more]
Quote:
un·ion
[ˈyo͞onyən]
NOUN

the action or fact of joining or being joined, especially in a political context.

synonyms:
unification · uniting · joining · merging · merger · fusion · fusing · [more]
a club, society, or ASSOCIATION formed by people with a common interest or purpose.

synonyms:
ASSOCIATION · trade union · alliance · league · guild · coalition · [more]
Arguing semantic definitions with dictionaries. Is considered an exercise in futility. A chihuahua is still a dog.

Last edited by pacrat; 05-13-2019 at 2:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-13-2019, 3:41 PM
stormvet's Avatar
stormvet stormvet is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,303
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
Unions didn’t turn OC blue... voters did. Voters sold out this state. Getting mad at the cops can’t change that.
This is the truth of the matter, but OP has to blame someone for his blue county.

Cops are easy targets always are, maybe if he wasn’t so condescending and accusatory with his post more LEO would discuss this issue with him.

As it is it just reads like another hit piece not really worthy of anybody’s time.
__________________
Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-13-2019, 7:28 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,331
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormvet View Post
This is the truth of the matter, but OP has to blame someone for his blue county.

Cops are easy targets always are, maybe if he wasn’t so condescending and accusatory with his post more LEO would discuss this issue with him.

As it is it just reads like another hit piece not really worthy of anybody’s time.
I have said my peace. I would just encourage every patriotic LEO to think long and hard about what is being done in YOUR names by YOUR union bosses and ask you to consider taking back your unions by making them accountable to you the union members/ voters. Supporting the politicians you would never vote for, with YOUR money and YOUR reputation should be an affront to you all. The damage to the state being done by the politicians you bosses are in bed with is a travesty of epic proportions that soon may never be undone.

If the people hear about the damage being done to their safety and well being by the democrats in this state from the people they entrust that safety to, it would have a significant impact at the polls... and we all know that.Right now the only story getting out at election time is that democrats are supported by Law Enforcement and the electorate assume that means that democrats are proponents of sound public safety policy. THEY ARE NOT, haven't been for over 50 years and never will be.
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 05-13-2019 at 7:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-13-2019, 8:41 PM
esy esy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 840
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-13-2019, 9:48 PM
TrailerparkTrash's Avatar
TrailerparkTrash TrailerparkTrash is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Democratic People’s Republic of Gavin
Posts: 2,682
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrat View Post
Arguing semantic definitions with dictionaries. Is considered an exercise in futility. A chihuahua is still a dog.
Union members can strike and get results.

LE Association members cannot strike, and rarely get results.

Big difference there son

I’m glad you know how to use a dictionary. Now Look up “discernment skills.”

__________________



-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-Trump’s SCOTUS: 2 / Dems: 0
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

Last edited by TrailerparkTrash; 05-13-2019 at 10:37 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-13-2019, 10:35 PM
TrailerparkTrash's Avatar
TrailerparkTrash TrailerparkTrash is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Democratic People’s Republic of Gavin
Posts: 2,682
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
If the people hear about the damage being done to their safety and well being by the democrats in this state from the people they entrust that safety to, it would have a significant impact at the polls...
Completely FALSE.

Recently In Cali, the moronic citizens voted in democrat politicians and/or propositions that:

-Decriminalized 99% of all felonies for drugs use and possession.
-Eliminated parole as we once knew it.
-Decriminalized petty theft laws as we knew it.
-Enacted a new murder law provision, granting 800 convicted murderers in this state new lighter sentences for release into YOUR neighborhood.
-Enacted a new law allowing all murder defendants now the right to the psych doctor of THEIR choice to testify in court as experts on behalf of their defense; while forbidding District Attorney’s the right to counter the claims of the defendants “doctor” in court, with a State’s witness psych doctor.
-Released THOUSANDS of convicted FELONS from state prisons.
-Took away more of our gun rights
-Took away more of our ammo acquisition abilities
-Give us more tax increases about every 6 months
-Made our state a sanctuary state
-Are trying to pass a law in SCramento as we speak, making it a crime for police to shoot a dangerous felon outside of what the SCOTUS already ruled upon decades ago regarding the “ reasonableness” clause of deadly force.
- AND TOOK AWAY OUR STRAWS! (That did it for me!)

I could go on and on and on,but you get my point.

So believing that the lazy and complacent majority of citizens of this state actually give a ***t about the concern you bring up, is just a pipe dream. The citizens didn’t give a darn about the issues I just pointed out and they’re certainly not going to give a rat’s-behind at the polls as you claim.

Nothing shocks people anymore, except bashing the police. If allowing or even talking about letting doctors “lawfully” kill a fully delivered POST-birth baby in some states doesn’t shock the conscious, nothing will. Don’t think that practice isn’t just around the corner from California, because it is.

About the only thing MOST people in this state care about anymore are the Kardashians, and Ellen “Degenerate” on TV. The majority of voters in Cali now never seem to say “no” to a tax they didn’t like.

The majority just love to vote “yes” to new taxes that make them feel good because the title of the proposition had the words “clean air, drinking water, safe children.... BOND act.. blah blah bla.”

In conclusion, there is NO “significant impact” that’s ever going to happen at the polls in California, that certainly protect what’s ethically and morally “right”
__________________



-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-Trump’s SCOTUS: 2 / Dems: 0
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-13-2019, 10:49 PM
ShaneB ShaneB is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 300
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
Completely FALSE.

Recently In Cali, the moronic citizens voted in democrat politicians and/or propositions that:

-Decriminalized 99% of all felonies for drugs use and possession.
-Eliminated parole as we once knew it.
-Decriminalized petty theft laws as we knew it.
-Enacted a new murder law provision, granting 800 convicted murderers in this state new lighter sentences for release into YOUR neighborhood.
-Enacted a new law allowing all murder defendants now the right to the psych doctor of THEIR choice to testify in court as experts on behalf of their defense; while forbidding District Attorney’s the right to counter the claims of the defendants “doctor” in court, with a State’s witness psych doctor.
-Released THOUSANDS of convicted FELONS from state prisons.
-Took away more of our gun rights
-Took away more of our ammo acquisition abilities
-Give us more tax increases about every 6 months
-Made our state a sanctuary state
-Are trying to pass a law in SCramento as we speak, making it a crime for police to shoot a dangerous felon outside of what the SCOTUS already ruled upon decades ago regarding the “ reasonableness” clause of deadly force.
- AND TOOK AWAY OUR STRAWS! (That did it for me!)

I could go on and on and on,but you get my point.

So believing that the lazy and complacent majority of citizens of this state actually give a ***t about the concern you bring up, is just a pipe dream. The citizens didn’t give a darn about the issues I just pointed out and they’re certainly not going to give a rat’s-behind at the polls as you claim.

Nothing shocks people anymore, except bashing the police. If allowing or even talking about letting doctors “lawfully” kill a fully delivered POST-birth baby in some states doesn’t shock the conscious, nothing will. Don’t think that practice isn’t just around the corner from California, because it is.

About the only thing MOST people in this state care about anymore are the Kardashians, and Ellen “Degenerate” on TV. The majority of voters in Cali now never seem to say “no” to a tax they didn’t like.

The majority just love to vote “yes” to new taxes that make them feel good because the title of the proposition had the words “clean air, drinking water, safe children.... BOND act.. blah blah bla.”

In conclusion, there is NO “significant impact” that’s ever going to happen at the polls in California, that certainly protect what’s ethically and morally “right”
Exactly, what I find funny is the CG that keep telling us to stay and fight... for what! More of the same.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-14-2019, 12:42 AM
pacrat pacrat is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Socialist Republic of SoCal
Posts: 5,791
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
[1]....Union members can strike and get results.

[2]....Association members cannot strike, and rarely get results.

[3]....Big difference junior.

[4]....I’m glad you know how to use a dictionary. Look up “discernment skills.”

;D
[1]....Just like Unions that call themselves Associations can. UTLA, a CTA Association member did just that recently in LA. How about the "IAM". The largest ASSOCIATION of machinist's-mechanics in the country.

[2]....Already shown false in [1].

[3]....Actually, still NO difference, see [1]. Posting incorrect assertions, on top of incorrect assertions. Does not change the semantic meanings of the words.

While some may find it cute. Condescension [junior] is not what mature individuals call an effective discussion tactic. Especially when you are likely calling someone at least a decade older than you, "junior".

[4]....Please explain, if you can, what "perceptions" have to do with clearly posted definitions, that conflict with what you claim. Because when you choose to argue with guys named "Merriam and Webster" over semantics. That doesn't speak highly of your personal "discernment skills".

FYI

The actual reason that cops and firemen can't strike. Has nothing what so ever to do with what they choose to call their Union/Assoc/Guild/Federation, etc.

It's all about PERB, the MMB Act, and a Ca Supreme Court case that found.

Quote:
In a nutshell, the court confirmed yet again that public employees have the right to strike. However, the court also noted that there is a countervailing public interest that may outweigh that right in cases where the public welfare is at issue. Therefore, while state law “allows public employees to go on strike to enforce their collective bargaining demands” they cannot do so if the employees “perform jobs that are essential to public welfare.”
Case finding here:

http://www.slotelaw.com/sites/defaul...0strike%29.pdf

And some even write it into their "By-Laws" to avoid any confusion on members parts.

Cops and firemen, knowing they can't strike doesn't change an Assoc. into a Non Union.

Duly Noted that [2] got edited to include the previously noninclusive LE. And "junior" got changed to "son" in [3].

Last edited by pacrat; 05-14-2019 at 12:51 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-14-2019, 1:25 AM
ROCKnROLLA's Avatar
ROCKnROLLA ROCKnROLLA is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 30
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
Completely FALSE.

Recently In Cali, the moronic citizens voted in democrat politicians and/or propositions that:

-Decriminalized 99% of all felonies for drugs use and possession.
-Eliminated parole as we once knew it.
-Decriminalized petty theft laws as we knew it.
-Enacted a new murder law provision, granting 800 convicted murderers in this state new lighter sentences for release into YOUR neighborhood.
-Enacted a new law allowing all murder defendants now the right to the psych doctor of THEIR choice to testify in court as experts on behalf of their defense; while forbidding District Attorney’s the right to counter the claims of the defendants “doctor” in court, with a State’s witness psych doctor.
-Released THOUSANDS of convicted FELONS from state prisons.
-Took away more of our gun rights
-Took away more of our ammo acquisition abilities
-Give us more tax increases about every 6 months
-Made our state a sanctuary state
-Are trying to pass a law in SCramento as we speak, making it a crime for police to shoot a dangerous felon outside of what the SCOTUS already ruled upon decades ago regarding the “ reasonableness” clause of deadly force.
- AND TOOK AWAY OUR STRAWS! (That did it for me!)

I could go on and on and on,but you get my point.

So believing that the lazy and complacent majority of citizens of this state actually give a ***t about the concern you bring up, is just a pipe dream. The citizens didn’t give a darn about the issues I just pointed out and they’re certainly not going to give a rat’s-behind at the polls as you claim.

Nothing shocks people anymore, except bashing the police. If allowing or even talking about letting doctors “lawfully” kill a fully delivered POST-birth baby in some states doesn’t shock the conscious, nothing will. Don’t think that practice isn’t just around the corner from California, because it is.

About the only thing MOST people in this state care about anymore are the Kardashians, and Ellen “Degenerate” on TV. The majority of voters in Cali now never seem to say “no” to a tax they didn’t like.

The majority just love to vote “yes” to new taxes that make them feel good because the title of the proposition had the words “clean air, drinking water, safe children.... BOND act.. blah blah bla.”

In conclusion, there is NO “significant impact” that’s ever going to happen at the polls in California, that certainly protect what’s ethically and morally “right”
Amen Sir! I couldn’t agree more. Sad but absolutely true.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-14-2019, 10:02 PM
TrailerparkTrash's Avatar
TrailerparkTrash TrailerparkTrash is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Democratic People’s Republic of Gavin
Posts: 2,682
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrat View Post
[1]....Just like Unions that call themselves Associations can. UTLA, a CTA Association member did just that recently in LA. How about the "IAM". The largest ASSOCIATION of machinist's-mechanics in the country.

[2]....Already shown false in [1].

[3]....Actually, still NO difference, see [1]. Posting incorrect assertions, on top of incorrect assertions. Does not change the semantic meanings of the words.

While some may find it cute. Condescension [junior] is not what mature individuals call an effective discussion tactic. Especially when you are likely calling someone at least a decade older than you, "junior".

[4]....Please explain, if you can, what "perceptions" have to do with clearly posted definitions, that conflict with what you claim. Because when you choose to argue with guys named "Merriam and Webster" over semantics. That doesn't speak highly of your personal "discernment skills".

FYI

The actual reason that cops and firemen can't strike. Has nothing what so ever to do with what they choose to call their Union/Assoc/Guild/Federation, etc.

It's all about PERB, the MMB Act, and a Ca Supreme Court case that found.



Case finding here:

http://www.slotelaw.com/sites/defaul...0strike%29.pdf

And some even write it into their "By-Laws" to avoid any confusion on members parts.

Cops and firemen, knowing they can't strike doesn't change an Assoc. into a Non Union.

Duly Noted that [2] got edited to include the previously noninclusive LE. And "junior" got changed to "son" in [3].
I made it to your very first sentence (barely). Then I glanced down and saw that you typed way too much for me to read. Shorten it up, get to the point and resend it. Thanks.
__________________



-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-Trump’s SCOTUS: 2 / Dems: 0
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-14-2019, 11:35 PM
pacrat pacrat is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Socialist Republic of SoCal
Posts: 5,791
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
I made it to your very first sentence (barely). Then I glanced down and saw that you typed way too much for me to read. Shorten it up, get to the point and resend it. Thanks.

Wasn't it you that mentioned "discernment skills"? Yeah it was.

You know that reluctance to read rebuttals, that accurately refute your inaccurate claims. Doesn't make them go away. Right.

You're not kidding anyone. You read it, all of it. And you now know more than you did. Before you claimed not reading it.

You're Welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-15-2019, 7:20 AM
GizmoSD GizmoSD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 105
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Mom and dad are fighting.
Mom and dad are fighting.

I’m going outside.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-15-2019, 10:35 AM
cannon's Avatar
cannon cannon is offline
New Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mojave Desert
Posts: 8,115
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Unions and Associations endorse the candidate that will benefit their Union or Association and its members. Pretty logical business plan even if I don't agree with it.

Many of these same Unions and Associations promote Bills and Propositions for the same reasons.

Anyone remember fire and police Unions and Associations fighting to keep the new higher gas tax? Those groups believed that tax would benefit their members.

In politics you are at the table or on it being served as an entrée.
__________________
I let my wife choose my hobby.
I said I either wanted to chase younger women or shoot.

Here I am.

"I'm for Hoffa until they pat my face with a shovel and steal my cufflinks." Frank Sheerin. Man who admitted killing Hoffa
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-15-2019, 6:40 PM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
CGSSA Associate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,300
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

All this hidding behind "it's the Union" BS is Fn dumb

NO MORE EXCUSES......EITHER YOU STAND WITH US OR YOU DON'T
__________________
One life don't blow it......And die with your boots on!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-15-2019, 7:43 PM
stormvet's Avatar
stormvet stormvet is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,303
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
All this hidding behind "it's the Union" BS is Fn dumb

NO MORE EXCUSES......EITHER YOU STAND WITH US OR YOU DON'T
Ok you win, where should I stand with you. In line at Costco, maybe the DMV. Sorry I wasn’t there with you when you registered all your rifles with the DOJ, my bad. But to be fair you weren’t standing with me either.
__________________
Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-15-2019, 9:47 PM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
CGSSA Associate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,300
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormvet View Post
Ok you win, where should I stand with you. In line at Costco, maybe the DMV. Sorry I wasn’t there with you when you registered all your rifles with the DOJ, my bad. But to be fair you weren’t standing with me either.
Please......reg rifles.....

I have no need to start a pissing match but......
__________________
One life don't blow it......And die with your boots on!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-15-2019, 10:12 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,331
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post

In politics you are at the table or on it being served as an entrée.
Yup and the public safety lobby as been helping to serve up our 2nd amendment rights and the public safety of citizens here in California as an entree to the liberal democrats for far too long.
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-15-2019, 10:30 PM
Samuelx's Avatar
Samuelx Samuelx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 1,447
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Where's the ban hammer at?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:42 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.