Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 02-08-2020, 4:03 PM

Default AZ CCW Fingerprints

I requested an application for an AZ CCW a few weeks ago and received my packet but saw that they require submission of fingerprints. So I'm wondering what happens with thise fingerprints after the background check is done through the FBI. Are they permanently stored in the FBI database, are they not stored in the FBI database but they're stored in an AZ database, or are they completely destroyed with no record whatsoever? I called and asked and a secretary said they're set to the FBI without your name, just an ID number, and once they come back as clean they're destroyed. However, I'm skeptical of this because for renewals they dont require fingerprints anymore which leads me to believe that they are stored in a database someplace.
Old 02-10-2020, 8:22 AM

Fingerprints don't really change so once they have positively ID'd you then they have your name and identifying information. The need for fingerprints is no longer required for the CCW permit renewal as your name, permit number, SSN, etc are all that are needed to continue to process the renewal and lookup your status.
Old 02-10-2020, 8:44 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Why are you skeptical and why do you care? You are applying for a permit to carry a deadly weapon. Once you are fingerprinted and cleared your renewal goes through because if you were to commit a crime when you have your permit it will be flagged. Your fingerprints have nothing to do with it at that point. I really don't even understand the point of your question!

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!
Old 02-10-2020, 6:27 PM

Chances are they have your prints already. At the very least, they get stored somewhere every time you buy a gun in CA
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - Hon. Roger T. Benitez
Quote:
“To disarm the people…[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them.” - George Mason, 1788
Old 02-10-2020, 6:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

They already have your thumb print from when you got you CDL.
Old 02-10-2020, 9:59 PM

Yeap, they only have my thumbprint. I'm hesitant to provide all 10 digits for something that you shouldn't even need a permit to do. Who's to assure you that one day they're not going to reproduce your prints from the database, plant them on some crime scene, and say it was you if they view you as a political opponent. It's not going to happen now or in the near future but how about from 2009-2016???
Old 02-10-2020, 10:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun1 View Post
Yeap, they only have my thumbprint. I'm hesitant to provide all 10 digits for something that you shouldn't even need a permit to do. Who's to assure you that one day they're not going to reproduce your prints from the database, plant them on some crime scene, and say it was you if they view you as a political opponent. It's not going to happen now or in the near future but how about from 2009-2016???
Tin hat a bit snug there. Well that’s part of the process. Move there or to any constitutional carry state and problem solved. Otherwise apply and move on.

If you’ve gotten a decent job and been live scanned, it can’t happen? AZ out of all places wouldn’t be out to get you.

iTrader
Old 02-11-2020, 1:50 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Paranoid are we? This is the second weird post you've created. The other was on the OC thread. Sounds to me like you should just buy a can of pepper spray and not bother applying for a CCW in any jurisdiction!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

Last edited by Big Jake; 02-11-2020 at 1:52 AM..
Old 02-11-2020, 4:12 AM
retired Goon

Quote:

The FBI Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS) went online in 1999.
^They uploaded all of their past records and they maintain all fingerprints sent to them.

The FBI DNA Database (FDDU) went online in 2002.
^Maintains all DNA records from criminal investigation, immigration, and ancestry request.

The FBI Next Generation Identification (NGI) went online in 2011.
^This expanded the collected data to palm prints, voice prints, and facial recognition.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 02-11-2020 at 4:15 AM..
Old 02-11-2020, 4:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Wow!

Old 02-12-2020, 4:06 PM

This is a joke right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2020, 5:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Based on this maybe you shouldn't be carrying a gun.
Old 02-12-2020, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Based on this maybe you shouldn't be carrying a gun.

I’ll second that. I don’t like to make assumptions about people but this sounds like some tin foil hat stuff.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - Hon. Roger T. Benitez
Quote:
“To disarm the people…[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them.” - George Mason, 1788
Old 02-12-2020, 9:26 PM

LOL, so much upheaval over a simple comment. It was just meant to illustrate a possibility. Get into law and you'll see some bizarre stories that even screen writers wouldn't be able to think of. It's very easy to sit there, judge, and make assumptions if you've never seen things with your own eyes. But for people in the know, I don't blame them for being suspicious; they're just being smart.
Old 02-12-2020, 9:27 PM

Quote:
LOL, so much upheaval over a simple comment. It was just meant to illustrate a possibility. Get into law and you'll see some bizarre stories that even screen writers wouldn't be able to think of. It's very easy to sit there, judge, and make assumptions if you've never seen things with your own eyes. But for people in the know, I don't blame them for being suspicious; they're just being smart.

The point here is that if it’s such a concern then I wouldn’t apply for the permit. Your prints are getting sent out. There’s no way that they are sending it off without your info on it because that’s part of the fingerprint card.
Quote:
Old 02-12-2020, 9:41 PM

Constitutional Carry it is!
Old 02-12-2020, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Constitutional Carry it is!

Now we’re talking
Quote:
Old 02-12-2020, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I requested an application for an AZ CCW a few weeks ago and received my packet but saw that they require submission of fingerprints. So I'm wondering what happens with thise fingerprints after the background check is done through the FBI. Are they permanently stored in the FBI database, are they not stored in the FBI database but they're stored in an AZ database, or are they completely destroyed with no record whatsoever? I called and asked and a secretary said they're set to the FBI without your name, just an ID number, and once they come back as clean they're destroyed. However, I'm skeptical of this because for renewals they dont require fingerprints anymore which leads me to believe that they are stored in a database someplace.

Old 02-13-2020, 2:22 AM
I need a LIFE!!

You are now entering the twilight zone!

Old 02-18-2020, 10:35 PM

Location: Up in the hills, above the beach in the foggy redwoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
You are now entering the twilight zone!
Maybe the OP has spent way too much time on the "Group W" bench?