Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-17-2020, 3:55 AM
sd_shooter's Avatar
sd_shooter sd_shooter is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hill Country, TX
Posts: 7,627
iTrader: 81 / 100%
Default Faux Dr Fauci: Lockdown forever!

Fauci goes against the WHO recommendations and insists on perpetual lockdowns. (If we can save one life, it's worth it!)

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/dr-ant...swedish-model/

Quote:
“If you just let things rip and let the infection go … that, quite frankly, George, is ridiculous,” Fauci said on Thursday during an interview with Democrat operative George Stephanopoulos on ABC News.

“What that will do is that there will be so many people in the community that you can’t shelter, that you can’t protect, who are gonna get sick and get serious consequences,” Fauci added.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-17-2020, 4:14 AM
Mayor McRifle's Avatar
Mayor McRifle Mayor McRifle is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 7,276
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default Faux Dr Fauci: Lockdown forever!

Can you show us where he said “lockdown forever?”
__________________
Anchors Aweigh

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2020, 9:15 AM
sd_shooter's Avatar
sd_shooter sd_shooter is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hill Country, TX
Posts: 7,627
iTrader: 81 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Can you show us where he said “lockdown forever?”
Now Mayor - I know you're a good guy. You're just a little cranky.

You must learn to read between the lines. Fauci is a politician in a labcoat. When he says "ending lockdowns is ridiculous" it means "I will exert my control over you as long as humanly possible."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-17-2020, 9:33 AM
POLICESTATE's Avatar
POLICESTATE POLICESTATE is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 18,120
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
Fauci goes against the WHO recommendations and insists on perpetual lockdowns. (If we can save one life, it's worth it!)

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/dr-ant...swedish-model/
Fauci is a domestic enemy to the American people. And he continues to attack our freedoms and destroy our rights, most particularly the minds of our younger generations.
__________________
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.


Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-17-2020, 9:38 AM
M76's Avatar
M76 M76 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Urbanized Suburbia
Posts: 2,661
iTrader: 86 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLICESTATE View Post
Fauci and Stephanopoulos are domestic enemies to the American people. And they continue to attack our freedoms and destroy our rights, most particularly the minds of our younger generations.
FIFY
__________________


1A - 2A = -1A

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunndeal View Post
Stop digging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Evil, nasty, vicious!!
I like the way you think!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-17-2020, 12:28 PM
SW1917 SW1917 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 727
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Can you show us where he said “lockdown forever?”
No ,because this is just his take - not real
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-17-2020, 12:40 PM
balgor's Avatar
balgor balgor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Costa Mesa, OC
Posts: 1,068
iTrader: 71 / 99%
Default

Literally no one is advocating lockdowns as a primary response to Covid-19. Keep beating on that dead straw horse. That interview your article cited was Fauci's specific response to the Barrington Declaration, a hand wavy non-plan.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fauci-c...es-2020-10-16/

Fauci: COVID-19 numbers would have to "get really, really bad" before advocating national lockdown

Last edited by balgor; 10-17-2020 at 1:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-17-2020, 1:37 PM
BruceR BruceR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Coast CA
Posts: 208
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Soon -- very soon -- we citizens need to stage a massive and overwhelming display of civil disobedience, not for one day but for a very long time. Any "directives" and pleas put forth by government are completely ignored. As they redouble their efforts, we respond in kind. They'll cave before long.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-17-2020, 1:42 PM
2shotjoe's Avatar
2shotjoe 2shotjoe is offline
MAGA level, Yuge
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: (╯°o°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Posts: 24,728
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

lockup Dr Fauci forever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Honestly if you don't understand how wealthy people use corporations, trusts and such to effectively reduce their personal income to next to nothing you're kind of a sad excuse for an attorney.

Tell me, are you this upset about Senator Feinstein's tax shelters and the regular awarding of government contracts to her husband's company?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-17-2020, 1:55 PM
therealnickb's Avatar
therealnickb therealnickb is offline
Maskless
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: More than 6’ from you. And guaranteed to be standing by my comments about fear mongering dickheads.
Posts: 6,797
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balgor View Post
Literally no one is advocating lockdowns as a primary response to Covid-19. Keep beating on that dead straw horse. That interview your article cited was Fauci's specific response to the Barrington Declaration, a hand wavy non-plan.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fauci-c...es-2020-10-16/

Fauci: COVID-19 numbers would have to "get really, really bad" before advocating national lockdown
But I kept hearing crisis, unprecedented, record death toll, worldwide pandemic. So was that just bad? Really bad? But not really, really bad?

Science. Why so confusing?
__________________
There is nothing so tragic as the loss of a child. Parents and teachers have the right to protect them. They should also have the ability. 911 isn’t enough.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-17-2020, 2:02 PM
duenor's Avatar
duenor duenor is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,074
iTrader: 14 / 89%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2shotjoe View Post
lockup Dr Fauci forever.
For what?

For Un-American Activities, Non Adherence to the President's Opinion, and Submission of Facts Contrary to Making America Great Again, is that right?
__________________
Entreprise Arms - FFL 07 manufacturer of CA-Legal FAL type rifles in Baldwin Park, CA.
EAI IMBEL-FAL 7.62x51 NATO, CA Legal: $999 shipped www.entreprise.com
SIG, Beretta, Glock, XD, HK Tritium GS sights

"Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."

Last edited by duenor; 10-18-2020 at 12:30 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-17-2020, 2:40 PM
Notpc's Avatar
Notpc Notpc is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Out In The Desert(Behind Enemy Lines)
Posts: 1,090
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

So, what do you think "they" mean, when "they" say, the "new normal"?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-17-2020, 3:00 PM
sd_shooter's Avatar
sd_shooter sd_shooter is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hill Country, TX
Posts: 7,627
iTrader: 81 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balgor View Post
Literally no one is advocating lockdowns as a primary response to Covid-19. Keep beating on that dead straw horse. That interview your article cited was Fauci's specific response to the Barrington Declaration, a hand wavy non-plan.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fauci-c...es-2020-10-16/

Fauci: COVID-19 numbers would have to "get really, really bad" before advocating national lockdown
So why are we still locked down?
- Bars closed
- Restaurants only partially open
- Outdoors activities closed (rafting, parks, camping)
- Gyms closed

All you CA dwellers should know this very well.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-17-2020, 6:38 PM
Dan_Eastvale's Avatar
Dan_Eastvale Dan_Eastvale is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 2,536
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

After Nov will Fauci still be so opinionated?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-17-2020, 6:52 PM
POLICESTATE's Avatar
POLICESTATE POLICESTATE is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 18,120
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
FIFY
At this point it's a long list.

Fauci
Stephanapolous
Feintsein
Pelosi
Klobuchar
AOC
and many, many more


If people say things, or behave in ways, that lead people to believe that America is evil: THEY ARE THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES.
__________________
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.


Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-17-2020, 9:36 PM
therealnickb's Avatar
therealnickb therealnickb is offline
Maskless
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: More than 6’ from you. And guaranteed to be standing by my comments about fear mongering dickheads.
Posts: 6,797
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
So why are we still locked down?
- Bars closed
- Restaurants only partially open
- Outdoors activities closed (rafting, parks, camping)
- Gyms closed

All you CA dwellers should know this very well.
Well, there are a couple bright spots. Still a lot of nonsense but...

My gym is open again finally. You have to cover going in and out, but no mask required while you’re working out. (So yes, nonsense on the going in and out part)

Most breweries are open if you order food when you order drinks. ( you don’t have to eat while you’re there, so yes, more nonsense)

Restaurants are mostly open if they have a gutter outside in which to place your chair. Mask required to enter and exit. No mask while seated in the gutter. (I’m sure the gutter was sanitized for your safety. So no nonsense there right? )
__________________
There is nothing so tragic as the loss of a child. Parents and teachers have the right to protect them. They should also have the ability. 911 isn’t enough.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-17-2020, 9:48 PM
DentonandSasquatchShow's Avatar
DentonandSasquatchShow DentonandSasquatchShow is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Just down the street from Mickey
Posts: 275
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
“What that will do is that there will be so many people in the community that you can’t shelter, that you can’t protect, who are gonna get sick and get serious consequences,” Fauci added.
This is bull****. At first we were told we only need the lockdowns to flatten the curve and keep hospitals from being overrun. Well, we've done it. In spades. Hospitals will not be overrun. Most people have a 99.8% chance of recovery and most of them can ride it out at home. Many will hardly any symptoms at all.

Fauci needs to be run out of town on a rail.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-18-2020, 12:44 AM
balgor's Avatar
balgor balgor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Costa Mesa, OC
Posts: 1,068
iTrader: 71 / 99%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
So why are we still locked down?
- Bars closed
- Restaurants only partially open
- Outdoors activities closed (rafting, parks, camping)
- Gyms closed

All you CA dwellers should know this very well.
Your information isn't very good, in liberal left wing lockdown central CA:
-Bars Open (if they serve food)
-Restaurants Open
-Outdoor Activities have been open since June
-Gyms Open
-Barber Shops Open

The only things not open are large venues.

Where O' where are those lockdowns? Stop beating the dead straw horse.

Last edited by balgor; 10-18-2020 at 1:00 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-18-2020, 3:52 AM
sd_shooter's Avatar
sd_shooter sd_shooter is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hill Country, TX
Posts: 7,627
iTrader: 81 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balgor View Post
Your information isn't very good, in liberal left wing lockdown central CA:
-Bars Open (if they serve food)
-Restaurants Open
-Outdoor Activities have been open since June
-Gyms Open
-Barber Shops Open

The only things not open are large venues.

Where O' where are those lockdowns? Stop beating the dead straw horse.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...full-capacity/

Quote:
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf (D) on Friday vetoed legislation aimed at reopening restaurants and bars across the state, saying it would endanger public health and safety as officials continue to combat the Wuhan virus.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-18-2020, 7:18 AM
sd_shooter's Avatar
sd_shooter sd_shooter is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hill Country, TX
Posts: 7,627
iTrader: 81 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balgor View Post
Your information isn't very good, in liberal left wing lockdown central CA:
-Bars Open (if they serve food)
-Restaurants Open
-Outdoor Activities have been open since June
-Gyms Open
-Barber Shops Open

The only things not open are large venues.

Where O' where are those lockdowns? Stop beating the dead straw horse.
More dirt, for anyone who is willing to keep their eyes open (but this means turning away from fascist Dr Fauci and his acolytes on the globalist payroll)

https://www.foxla.com/news/disneylan...-for-reopening
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-18-2020, 7:42 AM
user120312 user120312 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Coastal Oregon, formerly of California
Posts: 466
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
After Nov will Fauci still be so opinionated?
He'll disappear and this forum will be a ghost town. That's how psyops battles work where soldiers never die. No bodies left on the battlefield everyone lives to fight again. And again, and again. Fauci has decades of practice. He's a pro. This is his swan song before taking that nice golden parachute into the sunset of life.

Meanwhile, the CA governor puts out more rules on gatherings, like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...%20over%20time.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-18-2020, 7:51 AM
Sierra57's Avatar
Sierra57 Sierra57 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Above the fog, below the snow
Posts: 2,943
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duenor View Post
For what?

For Un-American Activities, Non Adherence to the President's Opinion, and Submission of Facts Contrary to Making America Great Again, is that right?
"Facts" have been flexible and are ever changing since the get go, as the experts keep changing their minds about how we should handle the Chy-na virus. They are still at the guessing stage.

Many take the utterances of people like Fauci as set-in-concrete, immutable law that must be obeyed at all costs. Never mind that Fauci himself minimized the risk of the virus at the outset, and has changed his mind several times about wearing masks, whether we would have a second wave, etc.
__________________
... The liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:
* Creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;
* Satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;
* Augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
* Rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government

http://www.wnd.com/2008/11/56494/
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-18-2020, 8:19 AM
duenor's Avatar
duenor duenor is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,074
iTrader: 14 / 89%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra57 View Post
"Facts" have been flexible and are ever changing since the get go, as the experts keep changing their minds about how we should handle the Chy-na virus. They are still at the guessing stage.

Many take the utterances of people like Fauci as set-in-concrete, immutable law that must be obeyed at all costs. Never mind that Fauci himself minimized the risk of the virus at the outset, and has changed his mind several times about wearing masks, whether we would have a second wave, etc.
Facts are not flexible things; either they are factual or they are not. Sometimes things that we thought were facts turn out to have been predicated upon non-facts. Critical thinking, scientific method, and other processes are employed to help differentiate the two.

As for Fauci, I've seen plenty of "lock him up" mutterings, but nobody's described any reason why. There's the usual accusations of "flip flopping" (which is irrationally seen as a character flaw in certain circles) and misrepresentations, of course. I don't expect to see much in the way of actual reasons, as usual.

From what I can see, it's like getting upset at the cardiologist for telling the patient that he can't have steak and beer for dinner every night anymore. rather than address the atherosclerosis and impending cardiac arrest, the patient prefers to rail at the doctor for robbing him of all the joy in his life, and then furiously points to his uncle's father's brother who "smoked cigars and ate spam every day of his life and lived to 100 years old!!" as evidence that "science doesn't know anything".

none of this is to say that the very real plight of the families dependent upon leisure, hospitality, etc is dismissible. all that outrage and protest, ought to be directed at leadership for failing to establish structures that have been demonstrated to work - take a look at the countries who are able to reopen their industries completely. instead, leadership has provided us with plenty of partisan bickering, pearl clutching, gasping, hand waving, schoolyard name calling...
__________________
Entreprise Arms - FFL 07 manufacturer of CA-Legal FAL type rifles in Baldwin Park, CA.
EAI IMBEL-FAL 7.62x51 NATO, CA Legal: $999 shipped www.entreprise.com
SIG, Beretta, Glock, XD, HK Tritium GS sights

"Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."

Last edited by duenor; 10-18-2020 at 8:31 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-18-2020, 8:22 AM
SanDiego619's Avatar
SanDiego619 SanDiego619 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMERICA, USA
Posts: 3,186
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

So uh... when are the hospitals going to start getting overwhelmed?
__________________
Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-18-2020, 9:08 AM
sd_shooter's Avatar
sd_shooter sd_shooter is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hill Country, TX
Posts: 7,627
iTrader: 81 / 100%
Default

Duenor you should move to Europe, they have this under control.

Wait, no they don't! Cases are surging. Let's lock down forever, it's the only way. Mask up, stay home, stay safe.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-18-2020, 9:17 AM
balgor's Avatar
balgor balgor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Costa Mesa, OC
Posts: 1,068
iTrader: 71 / 99%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
More dirt, for anyone who is willing to keep their eyes open (but this means turning away from fascist Dr Fauci and his acolytes on the globalist payroll)

https://www.foxla.com/news/disneylan...-for-reopening
In PA:

-Bars Open (if they serve food)
-Restaurants Open
-Outdoor Activities Open
-Gyms Open
-Barber Shops Open
-Reduced Capacity crowds allowed in large venues

OMG It's exactly like Communist Russia at the height of Stalin. Oh, wait they have less restrictions than CA.

Stop beating the dead straw horse.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-19-2020, 9:10 AM
Sierra57's Avatar
Sierra57 Sierra57 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Above the fog, below the snow
Posts: 2,943
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duenor View Post
Facts are not flexible things; either they are factual or they are not. Sometimes things that we thought were facts turn out to have been predicated upon non-facts. Critical thinking, scientific method, and other processes are employed to help differentiate the two.

As for Fauci, I've seen plenty of "lock him up" mutterings, but nobody's described any reason why. There's the usual accusations of "flip flopping" (which is irrationally seen as a character flaw in certain circles) and misrepresentations, of course. I don't expect to see much in the way of actual reasons, as usual.

From what I can see, it's like getting upset at the cardiologist for telling the patient that he can't have steak and beer for dinner every night anymore. rather than address the atherosclerosis and impending cardiac arrest, the patient prefers to rail at the doctor for robbing him of all the joy in his life, and then furiously points to his uncle's father's brother who "smoked cigars and ate spam every day of his life and lived to 100 years old!!" as evidence that "science doesn't know anything".

none of this is to say that the very real plight of the families dependent upon leisure, hospitality, etc is dismissible. all that outrage and protest, ought to be directed at leadership for failing to establish structures that have been demonstrated to work - take a look at the countries who are able to reopen their industries completely. instead, leadership has provided us with plenty of partisan bickering, pearl clutching, gasping, hand waving, schoolyard name calling...
None of that negates the fact that health experts have changed their minds several times about what we should and should not do. Many are at odds about what to do and give contradictory advice. That is because we still have much to learn about this virus because much is still unknown, and the Chinese government isn't talking or allowing outside health experts to investigate the origins of the virus.
__________________
... The liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:
* Creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;
* Satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;
* Augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
* Rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government

http://www.wnd.com/2008/11/56494/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:57 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2020, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.
Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Tactical Gear Military Boots 5.11 Tactical