Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 12-02-2022, 10:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acaligunner View Post
If the 40 s&w is not popular to gunners, that would mean when the next rush for guns / ammo hits ~ 40 cal ammo will probably still be in stock at gun stores.
40 S&W and 357Sig are often available during ammunition shortages where the most popular ammo types sell out.
I have guns for all the odd calibers if for no other reason that I could loan one to someone and they would be able to get ammo.
I reload and always keep a good enough component supply that I can load any of the cartridges that I have guns for.

AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Barrel, sight and trigger work on most pistols and shotguns.
Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and saturday appointments available.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
40 S&W and 357Sig are often available during ammunition shortages where the most popular ammo types sell out.
I have guns for all the odd calibers if for no other reason that I could loan one to someone and they would be able to get ammo.
I reload and always keep a good enough component supply that I can load any of the cartridges that I have guns for.
Not this last shortage. Everything was oos for so long and 9mm came back in stock way before .40 or .357sig. I think ammo manufacturers prioritized 9mm because it is more popular. Also even though everything is more expensive, 9mm is still around 10 cents cheaper per round than .40. So during this last shortage 9mm has been both more available and cheaper than .40.

DONT FEED TROLLS! If I don't respond to your posts, its because you aren't worth responding to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
I am absolutely staggered that there are actually people on this forum stupid enough to believe Putin is anything other than a murderous pile of dogs**t filth and to actually buy in to the whole idiotic 'nazis in Ukraine' crap.

Just, wow...

Last edited by California_Deplorable; 12-02-2022 at 10:15 PM..
Old 12-02-2022, 10:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by California_Deplorable View Post
during this last shortage 9mm has been both more available and cheaper than .40.
Only at the end, not at the beginning.
As ammo started to get sold out in the beginning, 9mm and 45 were all gone long before 357sig and 40.
Old 12-03-2022, 2:58 AM

My G22 is my favorite pistol to shoot and the one I shoot best. Stock other than Ameriglo Hackathorn Night Sights/Talon Grips/TLR-1HL/Freedom Week 15rd mags. It's my HD gun.

I had a MP.40C long ago that I bought in case I ever got a CCW. Eventually sold it and got the G22. Zero regrets on selling the MP.

Also had a G23 that I sold to a neighbor who's helped me out on a great many things and was desperately looking for a G23. He's a great neighbor and I know I could depend on him in the middle of the night if I needed to so selling him the G23 required no hesitation on my part. I'll eventually get another one.

Keep the G22!!!
Old 12-03-2022, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Only at the end, not at the beginning.
As ammo started to get sold out in the beginning, 9mm and 45 were all gone long before 357sig and 40.
Exactly, I saw 40 ammo in stock while 9mm and 45acp were out of stock.
Old 12-03-2022, 7:14 PM
Veteran Member

I have a Glock 23 C. Recoil is very mild. Using a non compensated barrel the .40 is a bit stout.
Yes easy to either run a conversion barrel or get a dagger slide for under 170.
Easy to convert a 40 cal Glock. A 9 is a 9 unless you change the slide. So cheaper to barrel swap and shoot 40, 357, 9. Note I have not had any issues with a barrel. Same 40 mag as well.
Answer is yes get the 23. Look for a C version. Barrel swap and enjoy.

Sent from my T790W using Tapatalk