Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 06-17-2021, 8:43 AM
Banned

Default My open letter to ICORE Match Directors:

My open letter to ICORE Match Directors:

First, let me say "Thank You" for putting matches together. If it weren't for you guys, I would just go to the range and waste ammo.

I'm new to ICORE (about two years) but I started shooting USPSA in the mid 80's, and NSCA (sporting clays shotguns) for the last 15 or so years. I'm always in C or B class, but my entry fees are the same as the "big dogs".

I've grew up shooting in the Phoenix metro area, so I'm spoiled because of Cactus Match, Rio Salado, and Phoenix Rod and Gun Club. I even shot The Ernie Hill a few times, and the NSCA US Open.

That being said, I notice ICORE matches (outside the Phoenix area) tend to start later, end later, and are loaded with classifiers, and steel stages. I also notice the attendance is down from USPSA and NSCA.

I can't speak to that, but for me, a new shooter with a little free time (I'm 63 and retired) I'd like to see the matches start at 8:00, one classifier, the rest field stages, smaller squads, and end at 1:00pm.

You know, just like they do in Phoenix.

Oh, and thanks to the CRO's and RO's too.

I'll be at the ICORE matches regardless, but I'll quit bitching on the internet if you make my changes
Old 06-17-2021, 12:32 PM

I quit shooting ICORE for those very reasons.
Old 06-17-2021, 1:18 PM

Stop complaining snd you put on a match. Tired of people complaining yet not volunteering. If you want a match help put one on.
Old 06-17-2021, 1:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris21 View Post
Stop complaining snd you put on a match. Tired of people complaining yet not volunteering. If you want a match help put one on.
Yep.

OPs giving the only tip he can.

iTrader
Old 06-17-2021, 1:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I skip too many shooting events... I prefer to sleep in until 7:30 - 8:30 on the weekends....

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 06-17-2021, 3:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris21 View Post
When go to Pizza Hut, I don't have to make the pizza

On a serious note, I'm just telling you guys how a long time shooter that's new to ICORE, feels. Take it for what it's worth. Maybe some of what I said is the reason for the low turnout, maybe I'm full of s#!t.

Either way, now you how one guy feels.

Not everybody is cut out to be a Match Director, and I'm certainly not. I'd be willing to help, and have a few times at our local steel club.

But I wasn't having fun shooting it, so I don't go any more.

At least we're discussing it. Bob Boarder in Phoenix seems to get it done, maybe ask him when we're all at the AZ State Championship in October?
Old 06-17-2021, 9:20 PM
Veteran Member

You can come back to shooting REVO at USPSA matches. There is one every Sat and ever other Sunday at Prado now. 7 stages, 1 classifier, starts at 8:30 and usually done by 1:00.
Old 06-18-2021, 5:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindynles View Post
You can come back to shooting REVO at USPSA matches. There is one every Sat and ever other Sunday at Prado now. 7 stages, 1 classifier, starts at 8:30 and usually done by 1:00.
Thanks, I may just do that. ICORE is a dying sport.
Old 06-18-2021, 7:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Guaranteed 1st place in your division at every match!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2021, 8:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouscuban View Post
Guaranteed 1st place in your division at every match!
Man, I thought trap shooters were cranky old guys, you should see what's going on in the Brian Enos revo forum
Old 06-18-2021, 8:55 AM

Quote:
Man, I thought trap shooters were cranky old guys, you should see what's going on in the Brian Enos revo forum
Isn't it the same types that shoot revo as trap?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2021, 9:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouscuban View Post
Isn't it the same types that shoot revo as trap?
Cranky, old guys? Check and check
Old 06-18-2021, 9:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
I skip too many shooting events... I prefer to sleep in until 7:30 - 8:30 on the weekends....
It's not 160 degrees by noon in socal, like it is in Phoenix.

Quote:
Revolvers are a dying gun. That's why I call them devolvers. It's devolution at work.
Old 06-19-2021, 8:29 AM

Quote:
My open letter to ICORE Match Directors:

First, let me say "Thank You" for putting matches together. If it weren't for you guys, I would just go to the range and waste ammo.

I'm new to ICORE (about two years) but I started shooting USPSA in the mid 80's, and NSCA (sporting clays shotguns) for the last 15 or so years. I'm always in C or B class, but my entry fees are the same as the "big dogs".

I've grew up shooting in the Phoenix metro area, so I'm spoiled because of Cactus Match, Rio Salado, and Phoenix Rod and Gun Club. I even shot The Ernie Hill a few times, and the NSCA US Open.

That being said, I notice ICORE matches (outside the Phoenix area) tend to start later, end later, and are loaded with classifiers, and steel stages. I also notice the attendance is down from USPSA and NSCA.

I can't speak to that, but for me, a new shooter with a little free time (I'm 63 and retired) I'd like to see the matches start at 8:00, one classifier, the rest field stages, smaller squads, and end at 1:00pm.

You know, just like they do in Phoenix.

Oh, and thanks to the CRO's and RO's too.

I'll be at the ICORE matches regardless, but I'll quit bitching on the internet if you make my changes
Yeah, the younger generations and some of the older ones can't get up before 10am any more. The coffee timer is set for 10 the dog is still on the bed and can't be bothered to head out to patrol the yard, some mouse might scare it, and then there is ammo to be polished you know. Can't head out the door with no bling.

That comment about volunteering, when you pay to shoot you have skin in that game, if it's free entrance ok, put in some time but none of these organizations are doing any of it as a philanthropy, they are making money.

Who volunteers to wash cars at a race that you paid you watch or even participate in? The money you paid is to put the thing on. Its a myth that organized matches aren't making money.

Don't worry, it will never pass...How in the hell did that pass?

Think past your gun, it's the last resort, the first is your brain.

Defense is a losing proposition when time is on the side of the opponent. In the history of humanity, no defense has ever won against an enemy with time on their side.
Old 06-19-2021, 9:09 AM

*** Stop complaining and you put on a match. Tired of people complaining yet not volunteering. If you want a match help put one on. ***

I started shooting USPSA in about 1984, I started shooting ICORE when it was invented and the same for IDPA, started 3 gun back when the SOF was still in Las Vegas. During that time I have put on many, many matches in all of the above disclpines. I think I have earned the right to an opinion and I repeat ICORE matches start way to late. ICORE is not the only style of event that has that problem but they do have it.
Old 06-19-2021, 11:38 AM

At most matches nearly everyone is paying to shoot. The stage designer who also leads setting up the stage either the day before or morning of the match may not pay to shoot. But the others who help set up are paying. Everyone needs to help during the match taping, resetting, RO and tearing down when finished. There are very few matches that have paid staff to build, run and teardown the stages. Without people paying and working during the match there would soon be no matches.
Old 06-19-2021, 1:51 PM
Banned

I have no problem helping out, and have many times. But even though I'm retired, I've got **** to do. Start early, and finish early.

I'm going to shoot Prado in a few weeks.
Old 06-19-2021, 7:06 PM

I haven't been to any matches that start after 9. Unless there was a problem but never scheduled after 9 am. I like to get done early but not just rushing around making it no fun. It does bug me when people are just wasting time for no reason to make the match run longer. But I'm there early to help set up and stay to tear down. Occasionally if I've got a longer drive I'll leave when finished.