Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 2:18 PM

Casoobaru

Casoobaru
Originally Posted by kingransom
Just because I believe wholeheartedly that everybody that's a law abiding citizen should own a firearm, that doesn't mean I think that most of them should be running around the street with one because they have a license.
- Ok Gavin Newsom. Glad you feel it's your right or duty to decide who is allowed to exercise their 2a. What a joke

You must be smoking some of ops weed. Please show me where the second amendment has anything to do with concealed carry rights. I love how you throw around 2a yet seem to lack the complete fundamental understanding of why it was written. Now as far as open carry, I'm 100% for every law abiding citizen to be able to open carry. But concealed carry is a different ball game.
Old 06-12-2021, 2:27 PM

Concealed Carry Magazine had a 3 part story that starts in the January issue about a group of female veterans who are serious about shooting but also use MJ for PTSD. They never shoot under the influence but they are trying to fight for their gun rights and ccw rights. Remember CBD which doesn’t get you high is what helps with pain and sleep . You can ingest all you want and not get stoned because THC is what inebriates you. Yet CBD use is still considered marijuana use and in their case is used in denials against their second amendment rights. It’s a big issue.
Vets use it to get off pain, anxiety and sleep meds which are both addicting and harmful with long term use. Yet using it denied them of their second amendment rights. Not that the OP is in that class , but there is a vast grey area.

Concealed Carry comes with USCCA insurance .
Old 06-12-2021, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingransom View Post
Casoobaru

Casoobaru
Originally Posted by kingransom
Just because I believe wholeheartedly that everybody that's a law abiding citizen should own a firearm, that doesn't mean I think that most of them should be running around the street with one because they have a license.
- Ok Gavin Newsom. Glad you feel it's your right or duty to decide who is allowed to exercise their 2a. What a joke

You must be smoking some of ops weed. Please show me where the second amendment has anything to do with concealed carry rights. I love how you throw around 2a yet seem to lack the complete fundamental understanding of why it was written. Now as far as open carry, I'm 100% for every law abiding citizen to be able to open carry. But concealed carry is a different ball game.
So the second amendment says you can keep and bear arms but only in your home? Only on your hip like you are a gun fighter?

A different ballgame? So you think everyone should be able to open carry but concealed carry, seriously? In my opinion and a lot of other peoples open carry while should be allowed as well is a dangerous option, good luck with that.

If you are 100% ok with any law abiding citizen being able to open carry why would you care if they concealed carry? That makes no sense.

I think you are the one smoking buddy. Great logic.

I don't want to get into an argument or sit here trading insults with you but before you take the opinion of restricting peoples rights think about how it has an effect on all of us.

If the second amendment was intended to restrict your right to the home or to open carry it would be written as so.

Last edited by Casoobaru; 06-12-2021 at 5:38 PM..
Old 06-13-2021, 7:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwalt View Post
OP was crystal clear that said MJ card was expired.

There is no case law or ruling that past use is disqualifying. Multiple people seem to be struggling with this.

The question is not "Are you now or have you ever been".
This is not the question.

"May issue" is the question and the Sheriff has decided that the OP isn't eligible for the stated reasons.

I support the Sheriff's reasoning and reasons because the OP shows a lack of judgement in regard to the things mentioned. It is that lack of judgement that causes the Sheriff to determine that the OP isn't eligible, not any ongoing use of MJ or having a currently valid MJ growers card.

Evil doesn't only come in black.

Life is like a discount bakery. Usually everything is just what you ordered. But, occasionally you come face to face with an unexpected fruitcake. Surprise!

There is no "I" in Team; no "Me" in sports; no "You" in life. However, there's a ton of "Wheeeeee!" on roller coasters.
Old 06-14-2021, 5:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplaw View Post
This is not the question.

"May issue" is the question and the Sheriff has decided that the OP isn't eligible for the stated reasons.

I support the Sheriff's reasoning and reasons because the OP shows a lack of judgement in regard to the things mentioned. It is that lack of judgement that causes the Sheriff to determine that the OP isn't eligible, not any ongoing use of MJ or having a currently valid MJ growers card.
I dont use mj or have a valid mj card. My sole purpose was to protect myself and my 3 kids. People in life makes mistakes and everyone has something going on in their lives. So if anything happens to me or my kids remember you and the sac sheriff denied my legal right to defend myself in and attack.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2021, 5:27 AM

Moderator shut this post down. Im so tired of people in this post thinking they have a right to judge me because I wanted a clear reason as for "not eligible". I now have a clearer reason to what it might have been and there's just no ending to people and their righteous act. Everyone who was genuinely trying to help me figure it out without judgement, thank you all so much.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2021, 8:21 AM

Just a question and only that:

When the Feds legalize pot and there is no doubt they will get around to it, does everyone realize that millions of people who are now prohibited from buying firearms will suddenly be able to do just that since no doubt it would be considered a restoration of rights?

The implications are rather significant on both sides of the gun control issues but perhaps more so for those seeking to control gun possession. I wonder if that double edged sword ever crossed their minds.

Now back to the judgement in progress.

]A SILENT MAJORITY will become a silent minority when those who have something to lose fear those who have something to gain. Defense is a losing proposition when time is on the side of the opponent.

You don't get beaten by the opposition you get beaten by those who run away.
Old 06-14-2021, 8:45 AM
Calguns Addict

I'm not convinced that the marijuana card had as much to do with this rejection as some may think. There may be more to this story than anyone here knows other than the OP. Either way asking complete strangers on the internet is not going to give one an accurate answer as to why. That needs to come from the sheriff's office.
Old 06-14-2021, 8:57 AM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

The link below lists some of the reasons that Sac might deny you. Nothing anywhere says anything about being “not eligible”

https://permitium-downloads.s3.amazo...AL-REASONS.pdf
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love. -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

Old 06-14-2021, 9:02 AM
Rattlesnake Hunter
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Okay ... wow Application DENIED ...!

Why is there a question!

......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel
Closed Thread