Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
I unbagged all my mags, threw them on the bed, and rolled around in them. No protection. I live dangerously and void warranties.
It’s rolling around in that way that give birth to FREEDOM.
Old 04-23-2019, 1:31 PM
Veteran Member

definitely open some for testing, load then up with your mag loader to full capacity to help break in the spring, insert new mag in the magwell and check fit / drop free

use dummy rds and check function, rack the slide, pull the charging handle

make sure they are ready to use.
Old 04-23-2019, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
Hah... well we know springs are not an issue, but I want to know when feed lips will crack... aluminum mag modies don't crack or deform.

Maybe PMAGS without dustcovers crack in a year. I can think of a few I have loaded that don't have dustcovers on them.
I've had my 10 rounders fully loaded for over a year and no problem with the lips. I have no idea about the 30's, but I have a few loaded so we shall see.

I'm hoping magpul has fixed the issue since it has been a problem. I never use dustcovers.
Old 04-23-2019, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Anyone ever see PMAG's crack from being stored loaded (feed lips) ? I know AL GI mags 20, 30 will function like new after they get stored loaded for at least 20 years but what about that PMAG plastic under tension?
Iv had some loaded to 28 since 2010. The lips have not cracked but the bodies have flexed. They no longer drop free from the magwell. You must manually strip them. Mags stored out of state, and were re acquired thanks to Mr Benitez.

Last edited by foreppin916; 04-23-2019 at 2:43 PM..
Old 04-23-2019, 2:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinters14 View Post
I've had my 10 rounders fully loaded for over a year and no problem with the lips. I have no idea about the 30's, but I have a few loaded so we shall see.

I'm hoping magpul has fixed the issue since it has been a problem. I never use dustcovers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreppin916 View Post
Iv had some loaded to 28 since 2010. The lips have not cracked but the bodies have flexed. They no longer drop free from the magwell. You must manually strip them. Mags stored out of state, and were re acquired thanks to Mr Benitez.
Good info thanks... and that sucks.
Old 04-23-2019, 4:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreppin916 View Post
What Gen PMag are they?

The Gen 2 and Gen 3 PMags seem to be thicker, made from a different polymer and structured to provide more support.
Old 04-23-2019, 4:54 PM

Yes, I had one PMAG crack. It was a Gen 2 sans dust cover. It had been stored loaded for maybe six months after only using it a few times. The crack was on the edge between the feed lips. Only one out of - well, let's just say a lot. I've had other PMAGs stored for years loaded and they're fine. I am constantly cycling through them all over time.

I personally like the gen 3 PMAGs, but honestly, I'm not sure why.

Quote:
Anyone ever see PMAG's crack from being stored loaded (feed lips) ? I know AL GI mags 20, 30 will function like new after they get stored loaded for at least 20 years but what about that PMAG plastic under tension?