Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 01-10-2021, 11:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Thumbs up LA Co is regularly issuing for Dark & Light Red GCs. Time to apply if yours is Yellow

We need people with Yellow (employment risks) Good Causes to apply with the Los Angeles Sheriffs Dept. We do not know if LASD will issue for Yellow GCs, so even you may get issued. Dark Red (death threats) and Light Red (profession or business ownership related risks) applicants are getting regularly issued.

If you want a CCW it only cost $30 to apply find out if they’ll accept your GC. Post #31 at this link explains what the GC colors mean: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1482924

Here’s CGN’s LA Co CCW thread. See the posts since mid June, but especially since Oct 01 to see the change. We expect another 2-3 CGNers to get their permits later this month. https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...d.php?t=352761

Last edited by Paladin; 01-16-2021 at 6:05 AM..
Old 01-10-2021, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

I canít believe it. LA of all places.
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Colt Series 70 1911
Sig Sauer West German P228
Glock Gen5 19/17/34 MOS
Old 01-10-2021, 1:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
I canít believe it. LA of all places.
Yeah. No guarantees but they are regularly issuing, at least for Dark Red and Light Red GCs.

Hopefully the process will speed up as its improved and once CV19 backs off. AV said he may liberalize even more when budget cuts kick in July 1st.
Old 01-12-2021, 9:45 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
AV said he may liberalize even more...
Liberalize - when used by Villanueva, is this the traditional meaning of liberalism, meaning he'll relax some of the restrictions in place? Or the woke-liberalism, meaning he'll be restricting the ease of issuance?

This is all awesome news nonetheless. I have family who live in LA who thought CCW's were impossible to get, but that I'll be sharing this with now!
Old 01-12-2021, 4:03 PM

What do the light and dark red signify?
Old 01-13-2021, 11:14 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorTactical View Post
What do the light and dark red signify?
See the link in the opening postís 2nd paragraph for explanation and examples of all the mapís colors
Old 01-14-2021, 5:53 PM

I talked to an LASD civilian employee who was issued a CCW permit by LASD. He said it was a relative simple process.
Old 01-14-2021, 6:03 PM
Calguns Addict

tagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMO556 View Post
Voting for Donald Trump is the protest vote against: Keynesian economics, Neocon wars, exporting jobs, open borders, Washington criminal cartel, too big to fail banks and too big to jail pols and banksters.

Cutting off foreign aid to EVERY country and dismantling the police/surveillance state!

Umm yeah!!!!!
Old 01-15-2021, 7:14 PM
Banned

May I ask how you know LA Sheriffs are "issuing regularly" ? Numerous public records requests have been made to the department and they refuse to release any info.
So how do you know ?
Old 01-15-2021, 10:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup half full View Post
May I ask how you know LA Sheriffs are "issuing regularly" ? Numerous public records requests have been made to the department and they refuse to release any info.
So how do you know ?
Did you click the 2nd link in the OP and skim the posts since Oct 01? There are now 8 Calgunners who’ve gotten LASD CCWs since then and had me post their experiences. (Actually more since some don’t want me to post anything about them and others’ posts are still pending.)
Old 01-15-2021, 10:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Did you click the 2nd link in the OP and skim the posts since Oct 01? There are now 8 Calgunners whoíve gotten LASD CCWs since then and had me post their experiences. (Actually more since some donít want me to post anything about them and othersí posts are still pending.)
I read through some of it. I am not calling anyone a liar but I would question anyone who is saying they are being issued by LASD.

Other LA area departments provide all public records for CCW's but LASD does not (in violation of the law) so I question any claims unless they can provide proof.

I would like to see their good cause determination letters.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I read through some of it. I am not calling anyone a liar but I would question anyone who is saying they are being issued by LASD.

Other LA area departments provide all public records for CCW's but LASD does not (in violation of the law) so I question any claims unless they can provide proof.

First off, welcome newbie! I see you just joined sometime within the past 15 days and have made 10 non-Off Topic posts. I’ve been an activist here for >15 years and made >10,000 posts with probably >95% of them about CA CCWs....

Feel free to post your request in that other thread. Maybe one of the, currently, 8 with LASD CCWs will “out” themselves to satisfy your doubts. LOL!

Maybe they will blank parts of their permit and send me an image to post.

Just go over there and post your request and my suggestion about posting a redacted image.

Last edited by Paladin; 01-17-2021 at 6:09 AM..
Old 01-15-2021, 11:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Welcome new member.

No one here is going to provide you proof, because openly advertising having a CCW is something people who have them don't (and shouldn't) normally do. Posting exact good cause statements is also a bad idea and no one here does it. It is ok to describe it in more general terms.

So you're not going to get proof.

The best you're going to get are posts from high post count members who have been active in this for a while, who are relaying information from other members who have gotten CCWs and want to share advice but don't want to identify themselves.

Don't like it? Well, life is full of things we don't like so there's one more.

The LA sheriff has repeatedly said he's going to increase issuance. We have seen plenty of posts here of members getting issued. But there's nothing more we can do to prove anything to you.

Quote:
Maybe they will blank parts of their permit and send me an image to post.

Just go over there and post your request and my suggestion about posting a redacted image.
I don't think Paladin is entirely serious about this. I would suggest to not do that for anyone who is thinking of it. LA sheriffs dept probably reads this forum occasionally and my guess is they wouldn't want that. The LA policy prohibits unnecessarily displaying the permit, and posting it, even redacted, on a forum, might be viewed as an unnecessary display. I would just stay away from this because permits really are at their discretion and they value discretion.

Last edited by CCWFacts; 01-16-2021 at 12:01 AM..
Old 01-16-2021, 5:06 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulerrr View Post
Liberalize - when used by Villanueva, is this the traditional meaning of liberalism, meaning he'll relax some of the restrictions in place? Or the woke-liberalism, meaning he'll be restricting the ease of issuance?

This is all awesome news nonetheless. I have family who live in LA who thought CCW's were impossible to get, but that I'll be sharing this with now!
Sorry, I overlooked this post until now.

Liberalize is my word. I forgot exactly what AV said. If you need to know exactly what he said go through all the posts in the LA Co CCW thread from when he first announced he’ll issue more CCWs (ie, start fulfilling that campaign promise) on IIRC June 15th and go forward.

I use liberalize to mean a less restrictive GC requirement, one that a greater % of the population can meet. FWIW I don’t describe an IA as issuing liberally until their GC requirement is at least Light Green. Only then can a majority of us get issued. ETA: Similarly I don’t say we’ve “won” a county until it is at least Light Green.

Be sure to copy & paste my post describing the color categories to your family. So far all the successful applicants have been Dark Red or Light Red and we’re just now getting indications Yellow candidates with outstanding GMC may get approved too. We’ll only know for sure if more Yellow people apply and let us know how it goes.

Last edited by Paladin; 01-16-2021 at 8:44 AM..
Old 01-16-2021, 2:16 PM

Quote:
We need people with Yellow (employment risks) Good Causes to apply with the Los Angeles Sheriffs Dept. We do not know if LASD will issue for Yellow GCs, so even you may get issued. Dark Red (death threats) and Light Red (profession or business ownership related risks) applicants are getting regularly issued.
What is the difference between Yellow and Red, isn't Yellow more difficult because you also need to get the approval of your employer whereas for Red you can just approve yourself?
Old 01-16-2021, 10:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igs View Post
What is the difference between Yellow and Red, isn't Yellow more difficult because you also need to get the approval of your employer whereas for Red you can just approve yourself?
Yellow is mostly, but not completely, the same as Light Red but for employees versus business owners.

Yellow is harder in the sense you stated. But that difficulty depends upon your employer, not the sheriff.

Yellow is “more liberal” in the sense that more people can possibly qualify under it than Light Red (ie, there are more employees in a county than business owners).

The link in paragraph 2 of the OP takes you to a thread where I explain the colors (post 31).

Last edited by Paladin; 01-16-2021 at 10:20 PM..
Old 01-17-2021, 12:33 AM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Light Red (profession or business ownership related risks) applicants are getting regularly issued.
What would be an example of business ownership related risks?
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 01-17-2021, 1:00 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Owning Calguns.net!!! Seriously.
Old 01-17-2021, 4:14 AM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterb View Post
Owning Calguns.net!!! Seriously.
Jeeeeze, no kidding eh?

I would think short of that, perhaps any business doing a large cash flow, jewelry store in the district... something along those lines?

Once again, even though I am an ex-pat I thank Paladin for staying on top of this stuff. You are an asset to the 2A community my man.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 01-17-2021, 5:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Typical Light Red would be regularly transporting valuable (equipment/merchandise/deposits) to (worksites/customers/banks) at all hours of the day or night. If, while doing such you’ve been attacked, robbed, threatened or merely felt threatened so much the better. Better still if it was reported to the police.

More details about the colors in post #31 at
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1482924

Best to read all my posts in that thread and at minimum read all the successful applicants’ advice I’ve posted since first one on Oct 01 in the LA Co CCW thread at: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...d.php?t=352761

You can easily find the posts about the now 8 successful applicants since I announce them with 3 party emoticons

If you want individualized advice just PM me.

ETA: UPDATE there are now 9 CGN LASD CCWers.

Last edited by Paladin; 01-17-2021 at 11:16 AM..
Old 01-17-2021, 6:06 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
Once again, even though I am an ex-pat I thank Paladin for staying on top of this stuff. You are an asset to the 2A community my man.
Thank you for your kind words. Real progress is being made in CA despite no SCOTUS Carry wins and despite CA still being May Issue. With 10M people LA Co is, IIRC, more populous than 40 states! If it eventually goes Light Green that would be a major win not only for CA but for the nation. It will have an impact even internationally via Hollywood scripts since Good Guys/gals with Guns will no longer be limited to intel, mil, LE and PIs, but include Mom & Pop!

Last edited by Paladin; 01-17-2021 at 6:53 AM..
Old 01-17-2021, 11:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I just posted about CGN LASD CCWer #9 in the LA Co CCW thread. They have a Light Red GC but feel applicants with Yellow GC and strong GMC should have a solid chance of getting issued.