Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 08-21-2018, 4:13 AM

Default C&R Renewal- How Long For Wait?

Good morning all. I have a question in regards to the arrival of a C&R renewal. My license expires Sept. 1st but I sent out my renewal July 10th. I still haven't heard anything and checked to see if the check had been cashed. I found that it hadn't. We also just bought a new house during this time which should close escrow this Friday and am going to have to change the address.

Should I be concerned about the length of time its taking and the fact they didn't cash my check? I'm feeling a little pressure at the moment.

http://arm4you.com

Firearms Instructor
NRA Lifetime Member
Old 08-21-2018, 6:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
Good morning all. I have a question in regards to the arrival of a C&R renewal. My license expires Sept. 1st but I sent out my renewal July 10th. I still haven't heard anything and checked to see if the check had been cashed. I found that it hadn't. We also just bought a new house during this time which should close escrow this Friday and am going to have to change the address.

Should I be concerned about the length of time its taking and the fact they didn't cash my check? I'm feeling a little pressure at the moment.
I'd call the phone number for the licensing group and ask.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran
Old 08-31-2018, 7:31 AM

as i recall my renewal took 6 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2018, 6:38 AM

Mine took about 90 days for the renewal. I had to call and have them send me a mail a extension on my expired license. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2018, 3:20 PM

Mine expires the same day and I sent the renewal around June/July too. Called them last week to see what was going on and they said they were sending it to me that day. I'm still waiting on it and the one I have is now expired. If it's not here on Tuesday I'll have to call them again.
Old 09-02-2018, 6:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Back at the end of May, I submitted it on a Thursday, I believe, and CFARs had it renewed by I think Tuesday. I think a lot of resources probably got pulled onto RAWs and then it's probably a bit dependent upon how fast and how easy your name runs through the computer.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:34 PM

CFARS is a California system that handles the COE. C&R is done by the ATF at the federal level. Strangely I too have had quick turn arounds on COE renewals done on the newer CFARS website the past couple of years.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:30 PM

I would call them.

Mine was also going to expire on 1 Sept, so I mailed out my renewal paperwork on the 3rd of Aug. They cashed my check on 8 Aug, and I received my new license on 20 Aug.

Holy crap, this is my first ever post.
Old 09-15-2018, 6:05 PM
Veteran Member

My License expires 10/1, Sent my renewal 28 Aug, and the new one arrived today. What is that, 18 days?
Old 09-15-2018, 6:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Mine expired last February. I mailed the renewal in November when I got it, they cashed the check immediately, so I know they got it. The license showed up in mid April. Now, the odd thing, the postmark was dated about 3 weeks earlier.