Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Clubs and Orgs General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2022, 8:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strakill View Post
Or just admit you are too childish to have this discussion and try to deflect.

You want someone to form an opinion out of ignorance and "feelings" so they don't see reality.

This is a board, minus OT, that is geared towards the 2A and a sub thread about an organization in support of the overall goal and you come here and try to wipe your butt with the members here defaming what you think you know about them.

No need to be a warrior, I call your bluff.

Or you could follow your own advice and mind your own business. The OP had a genuine question about another 2A group and my gawd did you get your panties in a bunch. What I do know about the Pink Pistols is they clearly don’t have their politics in a row and the OP is not going to find his answer here. Read your post again and see who’s ***-wiping and ****ting on who… can anyone actually claim CGN is liberal friendly? Highly doubt it. This a conservative-run forum. Don’t try to BS me.

Seriously, strakill, no one asked you for your opinion, and you certainly did not answer the OP’s question. Get on the range, relieve some clearly pent up frustrations, and go take your anger/hatred out on a target. Go teach dem libs how it’s done.

Go ahead and respond… Boys love to have the last word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2022, 8:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foothills View Post
A few years ago I read some articles. The people quoted in the articles running chapters found that the ranges and 2A groups they met up with really meant it: everyone has a fundamental right to self-defense.

For what it’s worth, a lot of associations became defunct during the pandemic. In this state lots of little churches closed, too.

Good point. Though in the specific case for Pink Pistols, it sounds like internal politics was the killer. I did a bit of asking around (pinging [mention]tanman8907 [/mention]) and from what I’ve been able to piece together, it sounds like one of the Pink Pistol leads went off the deep end with the social justice crusade. Their majority of the community wasn’t accepting of that individual’s stance… basically the members either picked sides or lost interest in the group because of the internal bickering. If someone has more insight, please add/correct - this is what I’ve heard in the last week. IDK anyone who is actively part of PP, but scrolling through the wall of text from Erin Palette on their .org about “No Gatekeeping,” the bad internal politic theory checks out:

Personally, if the first “featured” article on a 2A-oriented website is to talk about labels/gatekeeping, I’m closing the tab in my browser and backing up to search elsewhere… for the folks that can’t stomach CGN, but don’t want to be part of a liberal or conservative leaning group, I’ve been pointing them towards Open Source Defense.

Old 09-02-2022, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentiny View Post
Or you could follow your own advice and mind your own business. The OP had a genuine question about another 2A group and my gawd did you get your panties in a bunch. What I do know about the Pink Pistols is they clearly don’t have their politics in a row and the OP is not going to find his answer here. Read your post again and see who’s ***-wiping and ****ting on who… can anyone actually claim CGN is liberal friendly? Highly doubt it. This a conservative-run forum. Don’t try to BS me.

Seriously, strakill, no one asked you for your opinion, and you certainly did not answer the OP’s question. Get on the range, relieve some clearly pent up frustrations, and go take your anger/hatred out on a target. Go teach dem libs how it’s done.

Go ahead and respond… Boys love to have the last word

Many posters here supported the Pink Pistols, including myself, so you are very wrong there.

This is a 2A forum. The fact that conservatives overwhelmingly support 2A as written compared to liberals doesn't mean we are not friendly.

This is an open forum so my opinion is valid and welcome as is the trash you spewed that no one asked for? See how that works.

Your projection is astounding, who is pent up with hate now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerman View Post
...He comes out while I'm at work to **** the wife..I shall name him Sancho.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strakill View Post
Many posters here supported the Pink Pistols, including myself, so you are very wrong there.

This is a 2A forum. The fact that conservatives overwhelmingly support 2A as written compared to liberals doesn't mean we are not friendly.

This is an open forum so my opinion is valid and welcome as is the trash you spewed that no one asked for? See how that works.

Your projection is astounding, who is pent up with hate now.

Sounds like you’re a liberal ally if you’re supporting Pink Pistols. Either way… you keep responding. LMK if you still need that Snickers. You still haven’t provided any relevant answer to the OP I will let you have the last word, because you clearly need it

Old 09-03-2022, 4:28 PM

Why is it that all these “groups” have to constantly be out front with their identity/politics/whatever first, when they get into another activity? Or is it a case of “look at me, I’m different” before anything can take place, and if you don’t recognize and affirm my differences immediately first, you are somehow hostile to said “community”? Holy crap, can’t people simply enjoy shooting for what it is, without bringing all kinds of other baggage along?
Old 09-04-2022, 6:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinline View Post
Why is it that all these “groups” have to constantly be out front with their identity/politics/whatever first, when they get into another activity? Or is it a case of “look at me, I’m different” before anything can take place, and if you don’t recognize and affirm my differences immediately first, you are somehow hostile to said “community”? Holy crap, can’t people simply enjoy shooting for what it is, without bringing all kinds of other baggage along?
That is, as far as I'm aware, on of the things Pink Pistols was trying to overcome. It is also it's downfall.

I supported the idea of trying to pry away people that put themselves into the that little identity category and show them what the 2A and it's supporters are all about.

But the alphabet mafia and leftists just can't have their narrative of lies exposed so here we are.

I knew better at the time but I figured why not throw some support behind the Pink Pistols to see if it can gain traction. Oh well, live and learn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerman View Post
...He comes out while I'm at work to **** the wife..I shall name him Sancho.
Old 09-04-2022, 1:30 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentiny View Post
Seriously, strakill, no one asked you for your opinion
To be fair, you did roll in here with some opinions that you knew were going to provoke others. If a pissing match started, please be sure you acknowledge everyone who got it rolling (or flowing, so to speak).

As I posted earlier, if there are people in the Bay Area of demographics who are truly interested in learning about firearms and the 2A, but who are concerned that they would not be welcomed by the shooting community, I invite you to contact me about a range session at Richmond Rod & Gun Club. I can provide the guns and ammo...you just reimburse me for the range fee ($15) and the ammo that you shoot.
Old 09-04-2022, 1:44 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinline View Post
It's human nature to want the protection of your community when trying something new, especially if that new thing is associated with a demographic that has a historical/stereotype or antipathy towards your original group. I get it.

My experience is that once you are on the range and make someone feel like you aren't judging them, they don't feel the compulsion to constantly wave a non-shooting banner while they are there.
Old 09-04-2022, 2:08 PM

Heterosexual white females using firearms for self defense didn't sit well with that group. They were a better advocate of body shaming than they were for gun rights.
Old 09-04-2022, 2:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by splithoof View Post
Who cares if a person that supports the 2A and RKBA is a part of another “community”? If they can follow the Four Rules, it’s not my business, I don’t ask, and don’t care. Let’s talk guns, shooting, ammo, reloading, and classes first. The other dosen’t matter.
THEY VOTE TO RESTRICT YOUR 2A RIGHTS.

OP do you vote Democrat? Did you vote for Trump or Biden?
Old 09-12-2022, 7:24 PM

OP hasn't responded in about a month. Everyone can stop trying to make a point.
Old 09-12-2022, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2dave View Post
OP hasn't responded in about a month. Everyone can stop trying to make a point.

OP took the DM route.
Old 10-12-2022, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanman8907 View Post
Nobody asked for your unsupported, dismissive, and completely provocative claims in such a thread. Please take them somewhere else and learn to be more respectful to others.
isn't that special- gaslighting AND an attempt to cancel me in the same response.

let me submit that such desires are integral to intersectionality.
Old 10-14-2022, 2:13 PM

Thats not what gaslighting is... but whatever, its a popular word to throw out any second people see an opening these days.

Pink pistols shoots monthly. Calguns is an old boomer group of conservatives, you're not going to get accurate info on pink pistols here, or any of the other very large, very active lgbtq gun groups that exist.

I offer basic gun safety for groups like that. Massively overwhelmingly, people have been threatened with violence their whole life and they're not interested in being victims, so they're buying guns. There's a whole slew of wild preconceived or projected emotions in this thread that in my experience havent applied at all. People are just out here trying not to get assaulted a second or third time sometimes.

Maybe gay and lesbian folk don't want to shoot with traditional pro 2a groups because, well, see this thread.

Last edited by TomReloaded; 10-14-2022 at 2:17 PM..
Old 01-01-2023, 5:05 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Sacramento Pink Pistols, meets for monthly shooting. https://www.meetup.com/sacramento-pink-pistols/

A Google search brings up https://www.pinkpistols.org/find-a-local-chapter/ first result. This looks like the National Organization to me.

Looks like an ordinary organization web site far as I can tell. Pink Pistols have been around for many years that I've heard of.

Everyone has the right to exist, to give and get respect and civility. Everyone has the right to self defense.

I believe that the more people who are educated, trained and gain skill with firearms, the better off for all of us.

If you are uncomfortable being with those who are different than yourself, you always have the choice to leave. No reason to get rude. There's plenty of free space for everybody.
Sacramento County Sheriff Concealed Carry Info - Search 'Concealed Weapons Permit Information Sacramento'
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Animated US Map Showing Progress of Concealed Carry Laws 1986 to 2021 http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.php