Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-04-2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talturios View Post
Gentlemen, I've been a casual lurker here for a couple of months going through the thread and reading everyone's experience. It has helped me know what to expect going through the process. I wanna share with everyone how my experience went. Maybe it'll help someone and contribute to the information pool.

04/21/21 Mailed application and check by regular mail. (Don't know when the check cashed.)

06/17/21 received call (unknown number) @ 10:15am to set up interview. The Deputy emailed me everything that he wanted me to bring and to make copies of.

06/23/21 completed interview: I dressed casual business in slacks, dress shoes and a polo shirt. It lasted about 10 min. Basically asked the same questions that was on the application. The deputy was super cool. I already had all required documents copied for him. He seemed happy about that. I was given a Livescan form and the training list before I left. He told me to get them done as quickly as possible and that it's not a guaranteed approval, but everything looks pretty good.

06/23/21: Livescan submitted.

06/26/21: Firearm training completed.

06/28/21: submitted my firearms training paperwork via e-mail. CCW unit confirmed receiving my paperwork via e-mail.

08/02/21 Received call for pick up of license @ 11:10am from an Unknown number.

08/04/21: Will pick up license today.

Good Cause: is a Dark Green, work related.

My interview was done at the Chatsworth courthouse. My pickup is at the Sherman Black building in Monterey Park. I had no issues processing through. Hopefully this help out some people. If any one has any questions, hit my up and i'll try my best to answer.One thing seems pretty promising ...if you get the ok for your training list, you're looking real good for an approval. Good luck all!!!
That's awesome! Congrats! My timeline is nearly identical to yours, except for the pick up part. LOL. Hopefully soon....
Old 08-04-2021, 12:13 PM
Insert Pithy Username
CGN Contributor

Just got back from the pickup. I got there early...I'm anal retentive that way.

Just in the time I was there, 5-6 people picked up and when I left, there were 5 more waiting. Lots of permits going out the door.

Keep the faith! You guys will get the call Vaderz: there's hoping you get your call back soon!
Old 08-04-2021, 12:16 PM

Congratulations on pickup

4/21 Application accepted
6/14 Preemptively started Livescan
6/19 LiveScan fully complete
7/15 Deputy called (with unacceptable date/time). Will call back (I hope)

8/4 - Still no call back from deputy about rescheduling (19 days so far)
Old 08-04-2021, 12:18 PM
Insert Pithy Username
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LrdVaderZ View Post
Congratulations on pickup
Thanks!
Old 08-04-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb557 View Post
Just got back from the pickup. I got there early...I'm anal retentive that way.

Just in the time I was there, 5-6 people picked up and when I left, there were 5 more waiting. Lots of permits going out the door.

Keep the faith! You guys will get the call Vaderz: there's hoping you get your call back soon!
Yep! My deputy told me that she has been processing permits since 7am this morning and it was 11:00 when I got there.
Old 08-04-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown.- View Post
@talturios congrats.

Glad you successfully went through "this crazy complicated and unprofessional process"

Just seems crazy 4/21 issuance and there are guys waiting for a call on 4/17.

It's coming boys. Due time! About five weeks from training submittal to issuance. Well done!
Thank you sir!
Old 08-04-2021, 1:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal547 View Post
Just a month ago it was 1084 issued. That means they issued 186 in a month. Sounds like they are chugging along at a good pace. Stay patient. They will get to you.
Those numbers were, I assume, prior to CCW Unit cuts….

Re-elect Sonoma County Sheriff Essick!

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.
Old 08-04-2021, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Those numbers were, I assume, prior to CCW Unit cuts….
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARES View Post
Alright fellas just left my interview!
So I got some info the deputy told me that they have 7 deputies on the CCW unit 4 deputies doing interviews 3 doing the work that comes after the interviews
And then a Lieutenant who approves or denies. So really it’s 8 in total
4 deputies do 10 interviews a days for a total of 3 days out of the week.
Pretty much said when you do your livescan DONT EMAIL them a copy of your livescan they don’t give a rats A** (his words not mine)
He said they’re flooded and then lieutenant gets about 120 packets a week to look over.
Submitted 4/15
Check cashed 4/23
Called for interview 7/27
Interview 7/27
Has there been a cut? According to the above it’s still the same 7 deputies that are a part of the unit.

Re-elect ~Sheriff Alex Villanueva~
Old 08-04-2021, 1:41 PM
Insert Pithy Username
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal547 View Post
Has there been a cut? According to the above it’s still the same 7 deputies that are a part of the unit.
As far as I know, those are the numbers. I think the staffing cut might have been a miscommunication.
Old 08-04-2021, 1:44 PM

The deputies have said there will be a reduction on the team. It just hasn't happened yet.
-
Mrs. Lockdown - Light Red
4.20 App Submitted | 6.4 LiveScan Clears | Interview/Training Submitted 7.22 | Est. Issue 9.13
Old 08-04-2021, 4:40 PM

Began my journey with LAPD back when LASD still required a denial letter. Called LAPD in late March, eventually got an August 10th interview appointment. Told to bring printed application, CA ID, utility bill and good cause to the appointment.

Then LASD dropped their requirement for an LAPD denial letter. LASD received my application April 19th (along with several others posting here who have yet to be called).

LAPD called me April 22nd saying they were now coordinating lists with LASD, knew the new LASD policy, knew that LASD had my application and did I want to drop my appointment with them? Decided to keep LAPD appointment figuring “a bird in the hand” but fully expected to be resolved by LASD well before then.

Got a call today with “No Caller ID”, almost fumbled the phone I was so excited. The other person said “this is officer SMITH….. of LAPD”. Yup, officer, not deputy. That was the only clue needed. She called to confirm my LAPD appointment next week. This very pleasant, straight shooting officer, told me that LAPD rarely issues and that they had not approved anyone with my light green GC. Given that, what’s the point of taking my time to interview or their time to process a futile application? Dry run? Dress rehearsal? Their 90 day clock to process would start with the interview. Rather than waste each other’s time, the Officer volunteered to set my application aside with a note to reschedule within a week, should I change my mind and call them back. That seemed a reasonable compromise.

I just wish LASD would get around to the rest of us April applicants, so we know if we are in or out.

GC: light green: hiking, camping, shooting competitions with expensive equipment, “super senior” with ability to escape or fight back compromised by age and multiple orthopedic issues

Re-elect Sheriff Villanueva!!

Last edited by Paul49; 08-04-2021 at 4:44 PM..
Old 08-04-2021, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul49 View Post
Began my journey with LAPD back when LASD still required a denial letter. Called LAPD in late March, eventually got an August 10th interview appointment. Told to bring printed application, CA ID, utility bill and good cause to the appointment.

Then LASD dropped their requirement for an LAPD denial letter. LASD received my application April 19th (along with several others posting here who have yet to be called).

LAPD called me April 22nd saying they were now coordinating lists with LASD, knew the new LASD policy, knew that LASD had my application and did I want to drop my appointment with them? Decided to keep LAPD appointment figuring “a bird in the hand” but fully expected to be resolved by LASD well before then.

Got a call today with “No Caller ID”, almost fumbled the phone I was so excited. The other person said “this is officer SMITH….. of LAPD”. Yup, officer, not deputy. That was the only clue needed. She called to confirm my LAPD appointment next week. This very pleasant, straight shooting officer, told me that LAPD rarely issues and that they had not approved anyone with my light green GC. Given that, what’s the point of taking my time to interview or their time to process a futile application? Dry run? Dress rehearsal? Their 90 day clock to process would start with the interview. Rather than waste each other’s time, the Officer volunteered to set my application aside with a note to reschedule within a week, should I change my mind and call them back. That seemed a reasonable compromise.

I just wish LASD would get around to the rest of us April applicants, so we know if we are in or out.
Considering LAPD's history with CCW, and that LASD doesn't need denial letter, when I applied with LASD, I withdrew my application with LAPD, this way it doesn't get registered one way or the other

Old 08-04-2021, 5:19 PM
Insert Pithy Username
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinFipper View Post
So I just realized I may be in a small pickle. I have my pickup for this Wednesday but completely forgot my license expired yesterday. I already went and got a temporary license while I wait for the real one in the mail.

My question to those who have picked up, you think this would be a problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wondering how things went with your D.L. Hopefully, they made it work.
Old 08-04-2021, 5:21 PM
Insert Pithy Username
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul49 View Post

Thanks your post just reminded me I have a CCW interview with LAPD in early September I need to cancel.Sounds like it was the same officer I spoke with. She was very direct, and quite helpful.

Hope you get the call soon.
Old 08-04-2021, 6:44 PM

Just here to brag that I finally picked up my license!!!! Be patient everyone! Sent in my initial application April 4th and picked up august 4th.

The wait was definitely worth it.

Old 08-04-2021, 6:46 PM

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-
4.20 App Submitted | 6.4 LiveScan Clears | Interview/Training Submitted 7.22 | Est. Issue 9.13
Old 08-04-2021, 6:50 PM
Insert Pithy Username
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Just here to brag that I finally picked up my license!!!! Be patient everyone! Sent in my initial application April 4th and picked up august 4th.

That’s awesome. Congrats!
Old 08-04-2021, 6:55 PM

Quote:

What were your splits? App-interview-livescan-training-pickup

Old 08-04-2021, 7:00 PM

Holy a*****e bleachers Batman! LASD crankin out those approvals this week.

Yellow GC

6/22/21 - App hand delivered to Hall of Justice Los Angeles

7/21/21 - Check cashed
Old 08-04-2021, 7:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Congrats!!!

What color was your GC?

You should add a re-elect Sheriff Villanueva statement to you signature line.

Re-elect Sonoma County Sheriff Essick!

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

Last edited by Paladin; 08-04-2021 at 7:16 PM..
Old 08-04-2021, 9:23 PM

Just to confirm, the interview call comes from a “blocked caller” or “no caller id”?

I missed a call from the 213 area code the other day ☹️, the entire number was displayed. No voice mail was left……I’m pretty sure my car warranty is about to expire, so was tempted to call them back.

05/03/2021: Application received at Temple Street.
06/04/2021: Check cashed.
Old 08-04-2021, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippin41 View Post
Just to confirm, the interview call comes from a “blocked caller” or “no caller id”?

I missed a call from the 213 area code the other day ☹️, the entire number was displayed. No voice mail was left……I’m pretty sure my car warranty is about to expire, so was tempted to call them back.
In my case, it registered as "Private Number"

Old 08-05-2021, 5:37 AM

When my call came in it came from a 562 area code. To play it safe answer everything.
7/21 interview
7/21 livescan started
7/21 livescan Ca & FBI completed
Livescan Firearms pending
GC:light Green
Old 08-05-2021, 8:07 AM

I had a dream that I was picking up my CCW license..then I woke up and realized I still haven't received a call/email to go train.

To the people who picked up, congrats! I am super jealous.
Interview 6/22
Livescan submitted 6/30
Livescan FBI Complete 6/30
Livescan CA Complete 7/6
Livescan firearms Complete 7/18
Waiting on email/call for training or a denial letter
GC:light green, yellow
Old 08-05-2021, 8:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpak562 View Post
I had a dream that I was picking up my CCW license..then I woke up and realized I still haven't received a call/email to go train.

To the people who picked up, congrats! I am super jealous.
Curious if you're going to reach out this week to follow up on whether or not to proceed with training?

I interviewed on 6/24, deputy stated if I don't hear back within 6 weeks to reach out to them.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:52 AM

Just got done with interview. Went well. Pretty much just ran through my application and a bunch of Y/N questions. . As I handed her all my documents I also handed her copies. She asked if I was on calguns with a smirk. They know who we are!!
I was handed a live scan. And if I don’t hear from them 6-8 weeks to reach out.. she was also relieved that I didn’t do training or jump the gun on other steps. Pretty much same experience as everyone on here.

App 5/3
Check cashed 6/2
Interview 8/5
Live scan submitted 8/5
Light red GC
Old 08-05-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianescobal84 View Post
Just got done with interview. Went well. Pretty much just ran through my application and a bunch of Y/N questions. . As I handed her all my documents I also handed her copies. She asked if I was on calguns with a smirk. They know who we are!!
I was handed a live scan. And if I don’t hear from them 6-8 weeks to reach out.. she was also relieved that I didn’t do training or jump the gun on other steps. Pretty much same experience as everyone on here.

App 5/3
Check cashed 6/2
Interview 8/5
Live scan submitted 8/5
Light red GC
Lol what did you tell her about Calguns?

Yellow GC
4/23- Application delivered to LASD
7/13- Call to schedule interview
7/15- Interview
7/18- CCW Training
7/18- Livescan started
7/20- CA and FBI Completed
Old 08-05-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.11 View Post
Lol what did you tell her about Calguns?
I chucked and said yup . I think we’re the only ones providing them with copies of documents. So they don’t have to run to the printer. Haha. Maybe they’re like oh he took the liberty of making us copies, he must be part of that forum
Old 08-05-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuynh22 View Post
Curious if you're going to reach out this week to follow up on whether or not to proceed with training?

I interviewed on 6/24, deputy stated if I don't hear back within 6 weeks to reach out to them.
Nope. My deputy was firm and told me don't email if I don't need to as it slows them down. Also if someone's impatient you could be thrown into the denied pile due to showing your character of being impatient lol. I'll just sit and wait.
Interview 6/22
Livescan submitted 6/30
Livescan FBI Complete 6/30
Livescan CA Complete 7/6
Livescan firearms Complete 7/18
Waiting on email/call for training or a denial letter
GC:light green, yellow
Old 08-05-2021, 12:46 PM
Insert Pithy Username
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippin41 View Post

Mine came in as "Unknown Caller" but yeah, answer everything. You need the car warranties Seriously, some guys have said their call displayed a number.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:51 PM

They're probably laughing at this thread so hard during their lunch break.

Trying to pin the person to their screen names.

"Are these idiots really getting their *******s bleached?"
-
Old 08-05-2021, 12:55 PM
Insert Pithy Username
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianescobal84 View Post

App 5/3
Check cashed 6/2
Interview 8/5
Live scan submitted 8/5
Light red GC
That timeline is going to make some people's head explode

Congrats on the interview.
Old 08-05-2021, 1:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Bahahahahahahah
Old 08-05-2021, 1:14 PM

Quote:

And this is why we should all be respectful about what we say on here haha

Yellow GC
4/23- Application delivered to LASD
7/13- Call to schedule interview
7/15- Interview
7/18- CCW Training
7/18- Livescan started
7/20- CA and FBI Completed
Old 08-05-2021, 1:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuynh22 View Post

my notice to take training specifically said do not email for updates.
Old 08-05-2021, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.11 View Post
And this is why we should all be respectful about what we say on here haha
We've also made it convenient for them to identify who is who what with the signature lines confirming our dates for each event, which narrows things down fast. Oh well, I'm not hiding anything. If I get denied, it may be because I've been critical of may-issue BS in general a lot on here :-p

But for the record LASD lurkers, I've said nothing but positive things about my interviewing deputy. She was awesome and has been very helpful. I don't blame the deputies in general for the process being what it is, they are overwhelmed. And credit where credit is due to the Sheriff for at least making it far better than before.

The fact remains though that this is a constitutional right. While I don't mind a brief process to confirm you have not lost your right to bear arms by being a violent criminal or something, if you are a law-abiding citizen your right to the means of self defense should not be subject to a Sheriff's Department veto.
Interview Conducted - June 16
Livescan submitted - June 16
Livescan completed (firearms) - June 20
Training and qualification - June 26

(but note I completed my training early, without LASD telling me to proceed. Decided to risk it. Hoping to get a call soon)

Last edited by meanspartan; 08-05-2021 at 1:49 PM..