Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-29-2022, 8:45 AM
Barang's Avatar
Barang Barang is online now
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Temporary here on earth
Posts: 7,057
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default Gun buyback policy?

do they ask questions when you turn them in or zero question?

i was watching bluebloods last night and they have a gun buyback scene where a brother of a thug sold his brother's colt 45 with pearl grips for $200. the gun was used (robbery) to shoot a customer in a convenient or supermarket store. another way of getting rid of evidence if that happens in real life.
__________________
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

One of the traditional methods of imposing statism or socialism on a people has been by way of medicine. It’s very easy to disguise a medical program as a humanitarian project. ~ Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-29-2022, 8:58 AM
edgerly779 edgerly779 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: canoga park, ca
Posts: 18,660
iTrader: 108 / 100%
Default

They hand you questioner to fill out about where you heard about it , do you think it makes us safer etc. No personal info. I went to mission hills for one and there was a film crew filmng people turning in firearms, I jumped all over their a55 for that supposed to be anonymous.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-29-2022, 9:46 AM
Barang's Avatar
Barang Barang is online now
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Temporary here on earth
Posts: 7,057
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerly779 View Post
They hand you questioner to fill out about where you heard about it , do you think it makes us safer etc. No personal info. I went to mission hills for one and there was a film crew filmng people turning in firearms, I jumped all over their a55 for that supposed to be anonymous.
no bueno!
__________________
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

One of the traditional methods of imposing statism or socialism on a people has been by way of medicine. It’s very easy to disguise a medical program as a humanitarian project. ~ Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-29-2022, 9:59 AM
Oneaudiopro Oneaudiopro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cotati
Posts: 1,013
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I wonder how much I could get for a couple of flintlock pistols?
__________________
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-29-2022, 1:31 PM
johncage johncage is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 516
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

from what i can tell, there's no concrete way to match bullet or casing to gun. modern mass production gun barrels are mostly uniform, and unless they use a very obscure ammo type, it's not likely to be good enough in court.

"they'll trace the gun to the crime" is essentially a scare tactic meant to scare criminals into either confessing, if they're cornered, or to sell off their guns, which are often reported stolen, thus generating a possible lead.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-29-2022, 1:31 PM
johncage johncage is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 516
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

from what i can tell, there's no concrete way to match bullet or casing to gun. modern mass production gun barrels are mostly uniform, and unless they use a very obscure ammo type, it's not likely to be good enough in court.

"they'll trace the gun to the crime" is essentially a scare tactic meant to scare criminals into either confessing, if they're cornered, or to sell off their guns, which are often reported stolen, thus generating a possible lead.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-29-2022, 7:06 PM
hambam105 hambam105 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6,342
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncage View Post
from what i can tell, there's no concrete way to match bullet or casing to gun. modern mass production gun barrels are mostly uniform, and unless they use a very obscure ammo type, it's not likely to be good enough in court.

"they'll trace the gun to the crime" is essentially a scare tactic meant to scare criminals into either confessing, if they're cornered, or to sell off their guns, which are often reported stolen, thus generating a possible lead.
If you paid money for that advice I'd ask for your money back.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-29-2022, 9:07 PM
Spaffo's Avatar
Spaffo Spaffo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,030
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

FUD
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-29-2022, 9:45 PM
hermosabeach's Avatar
hermosabeach hermosabeach is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Bay of Los Angeles
Posts: 17,512
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

No questions asked

No Id needed


Lots of moms find their kids guns when they go off to prison

They trade them in for the gift card.
__________________
Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-29-2022, 9:45 PM
hermosabeach's Avatar
hermosabeach hermosabeach is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Bay of Los Angeles
Posts: 17,512
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

No questions asked

No Id needed


Lots of moms find their kids guns when they go off to prison

They trade them in for the gift card.
__________________
Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-29-2022, 9:58 PM
sfe187 sfe187 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,816
iTrader: 46 / 100%
Default

Say you have a Tec 9 and they assess low tier ($50 instead advertised $300), you disagree with their assessment. 1. Does they let you drive away no question ask? 2. Do they give your gun back?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-29-2022, 10:27 PM
Scratch705's Avatar
Scratch705 Scratch705 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,198
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

so if i bring some homemade zipguns no question asked and i get the gift cards?

might be time to make some double barrel shotguns then.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelaw View Post
Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-29-2022, 11:32 PM
dummykid dummykid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,252
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

i had a few AR15 lowers bought about $50 each, and got $100 each during the buy back, then i used the mony to get a better 9mm lower.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-29-2022, 11:52 PM
Barang's Avatar
Barang Barang is online now
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Temporary here on earth
Posts: 7,057
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

so the city is much safer now from what? criminals are still on the loose and still using illegal firearms. the guns that were taken out of circulation had no used from the people turning them in.

and this don't ask don't tell cra* is beyond stupid!
__________________
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

One of the traditional methods of imposing statism or socialism on a people has been by way of medicine. It’s very easy to disguise a medical program as a humanitarian project. ~ Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-29-2022, 11:52 PM
Barang's Avatar
Barang Barang is online now
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Temporary here on earth
Posts: 7,057
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

so the city is much safer now from what? criminals are still on the loose and still using illegal firearms. the guns that were taken out of circulation had no used from the people turning them in.

and this don't ask don't tell cra* is beyond stupid!
__________________
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

One of the traditional methods of imposing statism or socialism on a people has been by way of medicine. It’s very easy to disguise a medical program as a humanitarian project. ~ Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-30-2022, 8:57 AM
sfe187 sfe187 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,816
iTrader: 46 / 100%
Default

Personally i view buy backs as a publicity stunt by the sponsor like council person this or represenative that. Their agenda is to get votes from the clueless and sheeps.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-30-2022, 9:50 AM
Barang's Avatar
Barang Barang is online now
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Temporary here on earth
Posts: 7,057
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

^^^ yep! and the low information voters think they're making a dent in reducing crime.
__________________
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

One of the traditional methods of imposing statism or socialism on a people has been by way of medicine. It’s very easy to disguise a medical program as a humanitarian project. ~ Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-30-2022, 7:23 PM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,340
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

My Gun Buy Back Policy is to surrender them for buy back if the buy back payments exceeds the common going market rate.

I've dump off crap Sears Roebuck stuff nicely doing this.
__________________
Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-31-2022, 4:59 AM
MeatyMac's Avatar
MeatyMac MeatyMac is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: A Banana Republic
Posts: 1,485
iTrader: 75 / 100%
Default

I don’t know how BB’s are done elsewhere but in Oakland the OPD uses community centers or churches with parking lots, no walk-ins are allowed, you have to be in a vehicle and drive into and through the parking lot with the gun(s) in the car and once you hand over you gun(s) OPD notes your vehicle’s license plate number and assigns it to the gun(s) you turn in…They try and be sneaky about taking down your vehicle’s plate number but they only fool the unsuspecting…

It’s been a while since I’ve observed a BB in Oakland but that’s how they were doing them 6-7 years ago when out of curiosity I went and watched two BB’s in Oakland. They other thing I noticed at one of the BB’s in West Oakland, if you weren’t black or brown they weren’t paying you for your gun(s), they’d still take them from you but they weren’t paying you for them.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-31-2022, 9:21 AM
BigPimping's Avatar
BigPimping BigPimping is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norcal. East Bay.
Posts: 19,967
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

I’d rather rathole a gun forever than support those events.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-31-2022, 2:08 PM
SharedShots SharedShots is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 1,818
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Same people who might cry about personal data being leaked are the same ones who parade out in the open where there are probably dozens of video cameras rolling along with media coverage as they run to get some free money. Then they'll walk back to their vehicle not even thinking that who has a gun to turn in probably has more that are better.

Everyone here who turns in a gun is supporting the gun buyback program. There is no two ways about it. But hey, same people probably post about stupid gun laws too.
__________________
Don't worry, it will never pass...How in the hell did that pass?

Don't get stuck on Stupid, read a Sticky!


If all you're going to do is post hearsay who needs to read what you have to say?

Defense is a losing proposition when time is on the side of the opponent.
Not losing is not a Victory if everything stays the same.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-31-2022, 9:35 PM
Scratch705's Avatar
Scratch705 Scratch705 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,198
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatyMac View Post
I don’t know how BB’s are done elsewhere but in Oakland the OPD uses community centers or churches with parking lots, no walk-ins are allowed, you have to be in a vehicle and drive into and through the parking lot with the gun(s) in the car and once you hand over you gun(s) OPD notes your vehicle’s license plate number and assigns it to the gun(s) you turn in…They try and be sneaky about taking down your vehicle’s plate number but they only fool the unsuspecting…

It’s been a while since I’ve observed a BB in Oakland but that’s how they were doing them 6-7 years ago when out of curiosity I went and watched two BB’s in Oakland. They other thing I noticed at one of the BB’s in West Oakland, if you weren’t black or brown they weren’t paying you for your gun(s), they’d still take them from you but they weren’t paying you for them.
wonder what would happen if then they refuse to turn in the gun then at that point if they don't get paid for it.

also, take rental car to these buybacks. or one of those turo car rentals made by a different person
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelaw View Post
Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-01-2022, 5:22 PM
SilveradoColt21's Avatar
SilveradoColt21 SilveradoColt21 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: East Bay
Posts: 1,317
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

I don't think they ask questions, though I could be wrong
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-02-2022, 6:59 AM
damngato's Avatar
damngato damngato is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Dimas
Posts: 3,707
iTrader: 172 / 100%
Default

I assume these don't count as one of your 5 transactions a year?
__________________
WTB:
Off Roster CZs
Off Roster Sigs
Off Roster FNs
Pre-Lock S&Ws
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-02-2022, 8:21 AM
Duck Killer Duck Killer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,654
iTrader: 75 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambam105 View Post
If you paid money for that advice I'd ask for your money back.
He is actually right. They can match a Bullet to a gun that they suspect was used in a crime. As for putting a gun info in a data base and getting a hit it is more unlikely. Especially if that gun has been fired since. Where there is success is when something is damaged and leaves distinct marks. Like a broken firing ping or damaged barrel.

Additionally in the past there was many different data bases based on region. I don’t know if they ever started using a National data base.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-02-2022, 8:30 AM
Dvrjon's Avatar
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,622
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
also, take rental car to these buybacks. or one of those turo car rentals made by a different person
Uber or Lyft. It’ll be less expensive.
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-02-2022, 8:49 AM
edgerly779 edgerly779 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: canoga park, ca
Posts: 18,660
iTrader: 108 / 100%
Default

I bought some blem 80% for 20 bucks each to practice on and traded them for couple hundred dollars in gift cards.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-02-2022, 4:15 PM
Che762x39's Avatar
Che762x39 Che762x39 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Shack on the Beach
Posts: 4,077
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneaudiopro View Post
I wonder how much I could get for a couple of flintlock pistols?
I was given a flintlock pistol and a Hawken rifle. It was fun for a summer but got tired of blackpowder. A buyback was happening at the Lennox Station for Mother's Day so we took them in and got two $100 gift cards for them as I recalled.

The deputies thought they were museum pieces until I pointed out they were from Cabela's.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-04-2022, 10:56 PM
Scratch705's Avatar
Scratch705 Scratch705 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,198
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Uber or Lyft. It’ll be less expensive.
Doubt a uber or lyft will take you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelaw View Post
Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

Last edited by Scratch705; 08-05-2022 at 2:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-05-2022, 6:54 AM
Dvrjon's Avatar
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,622
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
Doubt a uber or left will take you.
Why would you say that? You don’t know me.

Question: If one identifies their pronouns as “We/They” does Uber/Lyft charge a group rate?
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-05-2022, 2:11 PM
Scratch705's Avatar
Scratch705 Scratch705 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,198
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Why would you say that? You don’t know me.

Question: If one identifies their pronouns as “We/They” does Uber/Lyft charge a group rate?
I think it is less about you the person and more like they dont want to purposely drive a person with guns in their car to a gun buyback surrounded by cops.

Also side question. Since it is established gun buybacks are no questions asked. Do you think they would flag me if I show up with 3d printed guns to turn in to get the money? Like at every buyback within my area?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelaw View Post
Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-05-2022, 3:56 PM
Dvrjon's Avatar
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,622
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
I think it is less about you the person and more like they dont want to purposely drive a person with guns in their car to a gun buyback surrounded by cops.
Then why did you say you doubt they’d take me? Oh well.

That’s only an issue if one divulges the purpose for the transport. Here’s the address, there may be a line. I’ll tip well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
Also side question. Since it is established gun buybacks are no questions asked. Do you think they would flag me if I show up with 3d printed guns to turn in to get the money? Like at every buyback within my area?
No, but I suspect they’ll record the Uber plate number…..
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-05-2022, 5:27 PM
Scratch705's Avatar
Scratch705 Scratch705 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,198
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Then why did you say you doubt they’d take me? Oh well.

That’s only an issue if one divulges the purpose for the transport. Here’s the address, there may be a line. I’ll tip well.

No, but I suspect they’ll record the Uber plate number…..
I use the term you not as to be specifically you. But you as in the collective mass of people who woukd use uber or lyft to goto a gun buyback with guns.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelaw View Post
Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

Last edited by Scratch705; 08-09-2022 at 3:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-08-2022, 7:23 PM
Barang's Avatar
Barang Barang is online now
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Temporary here on earth
Posts: 7,057
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

https://www.theblaze.com/democrat-gu...e-federal-rule

One unnamed individual turned in 3D-printed guns in exchange for gift cards. He told Fox 26 that he exchanged 62 3D-printed guns, which each cost him approximately $3 to produce, and received $50 per firearm. He noted that "The goal was not personal profit, but to send [Houston leaders] a message about spending 1 million tax dollars on something that has no evidence of any effect on crime…”

brilliant!
__________________
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

One of the traditional methods of imposing statism or socialism on a people has been by way of medicine. It’s very easy to disguise a medical program as a humanitarian project. ~ Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-09-2022, 3:02 PM
Scratch705's Avatar
Scratch705 Scratch705 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,198
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barang View Post
https://www.theblaze.com/democrat-gu...e-federal-rule

One unnamed individual turned in 3D-printed guns in exchange for gift cards. He told Fox 26 that he exchanged 62 3D-printed guns, which each cost him approximately $3 to produce, and received $50 per firearm. He noted that "The goal was not personal profit, but to send [Houston leaders] a message about spending 1 million tax dollars on something that has no evidence of any effect on crime…”

brilliant!
Think this will fly at CA gun buybacks? Cause for 150 per " assault gun" I will gladly buy a 3d printer and crank a few dozen out for buybacks near me
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelaw View Post
Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-09-2022, 3:57 PM
johncage johncage is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 516
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambam105 View Post
If you paid money for that advice I'd ask for your money back.
change the barrel after the crime, what now?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-09-2022, 4:17 PM
Dvrjon's Avatar
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,622
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncage View Post
change the barrel after the crime, what now?
Replace ejectors...they mark the cae.
Replace firing pins...they mark the primer.
Replace the chambers...micro flaws emboss the case.

Use a revolver shooting ice bullets.
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-10-2022, 9:54 AM
Barang's Avatar
Barang Barang is online now
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Temporary here on earth
Posts: 7,057
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
Think this will fly at CA gun buybacks? Cause for 150 per " assault gun" I will gladly buy a 3d printer and crank a few dozen out for buybacks near me
from the other thread in santa ana: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1808667


so no go.
__________________
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

One of the traditional methods of imposing statism or socialism on a people has been by way of medicine. It’s very easy to disguise a medical program as a humanitarian project. ~ Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-10-2022, 2:08 PM
Scratch705's Avatar
Scratch705 Scratch705 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,198
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

A 3d printed liberator pistol is functional. For about 1 shot.

Or a 3d printed ar lower with lpk installed is still under budget vs $300 gift card return. And if they dont accept this then it means a 3d printed ar lower is not a real firearm thus meaning it doesn't fall under the laws governing firearms.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelaw View Post
Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-11-2022, 11:30 AM
Vangster Vangster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 133
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I have some old broken bb rifles, will they take them?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:05 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy

Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Military Boots 5.11 Tactical