Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 07-30-2022, 3:30 PM
Veteran Member

Default USPSA election RUN OFF - REMEMBER TO VOTE

That is all............

Out California guy is in the run off so it's on our interest to use our population to help him out and remember to vote in the run off.
Old 07-30-2022, 3:42 PM

Can I write in Ben Stoeger?
Old 07-30-2022, 7:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
Can I write in Ben Stoeger?
Yes, yes you can. There is a write in section...........
Old 08-05-2022, 1:04 PM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Yee-Min 4 President!
Old 08-05-2022, 3:49 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

The real question is if we elect Yee-Min, will he bring the Nationals to California?

(I kid! I kid!)
Old 08-06-2022, 7:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
The real question is if we elect Yee-Min, will he bring the Nationals to California?(I kid! I kid!)
Actually the real real question is this will you violate his "code of conduct"?
Take a listen...
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd6uL4rjWPb/

Regards,
Mike
Old 08-06-2022, 11:58 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboma View Post
Actually the real real question is this will you violate his "code of conduct"?
I had a discussion with him specifically about that issue since his comment concerned me. What he was suggesting is not that USPSA adopt HIS code of conduct, but instead that the sport investigate better codifying what falls under code of conduct and how it is addressed.

He is basically saying that as it stands, the rule is effectively useless because it is too arbitrary. Therefore it is not an effective tool for match officials. On the other hand, the arbitrariness makes it possibly unfair for competitors since match officials could hide behind it to implement decisions based on personal biases rather than defined rules.

He is not saying that he has the answer. He is saying is that the issue is worth discussing.
Old 08-06-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I had a discussion with him specifically about that issue since his comment concerned me. What he was suggesting is not that USPSA adopt HIS code of conduct, but instead that the sport investigate better codifying what falls under code of conduct and how it is addressed.

He is basically saying that as it stands, the rule is effectively useless because it is too arbitrary. Therefore it is not an effective tool for match officials. On the other hand, the arbitrariness makes it possibly unfair for competitors since match officials could hide behind it to implement decisions based on personal biases rather than defined rules.

He is not saying that he has the answer. He is saying is that the issue is worth discussing.
Gryff,

The part that concerns me is that the BOD will decide on the said "code of conduct" and apply it to a shooters online speech and actions. Meaning if the BOD does not like what you have to say after a match they can penalize or ban you from the sport.

I am a 2nd amendment and a 1st amendment guy. This is not the attitude I'd want the president of any organization to have. Just sounds a little too tyrannical to me.

Regards,
Mike
Old 08-06-2022, 12:42 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
The part that concerns me is that the BOD will decide on the said "code of conduct" and apply it to a shooters online speech and actions. Meaning if the BOD does not like what you have to say after a match they can penalize or ban you from the sport.
To be fair, we don't know that.

Also remember that Yee-Min was a Marine officer. I seriously doubt that he would embrace principles that fly in the face of what he put his life on the line to protect. I've known him for better on five years. He's a super reasonable guy. Not the type interested in shaping the world to conform to his vision.
Old 08-06-2022, 1:30 PM

Quote:
To be fair, we don't know that. Yet.
Gryff,

I hope you're right. Censorship is a nasty word in my line of thinking.

I just don't see sanctioning shooters for "outside of match" speech as the right way to run an organization. If the people in power (Org officers, MD's, RO's and staff) can't handle any after match criticism maybe they shouldn't be in power.

Just my opinion here. I do not know the man and I have no stake in this game.

Regards,
Mike
Old 08-06-2022, 2:56 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
I just don't see sanctioning shooters for "outside of match" speech as the right way to run an organization. If the people in power (Org officers, MD's, RO's and staff) can't handle any after match criticism maybe they shouldn't be in power.
Agreed