Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 03-07-2014, 4:57 PM

Maybe this thread should be updated as Midway no longer gives C&R discounts.
A lot of this information is no longer accurate.

Last edited by Nevada Hudson; 03-07-2014 at 5:13 PM..
Old 03-13-2014, 8:03 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Hudson View Post
Maybe this thread should be updated as Midway no longer gives C&R discounts.
A lot of this information is no longer accurate.
We aren't mind readers... if there are problems with this thread, at least in the initial summary - I'd be happy to correct the issues.

As for Midway - as many have posted the "dealer pricing" was never great - it was good on some items and worse than "sale price" on others.

-Michael

BTW - I have attempted to update the original 1st post to include links to people's various additional experiences that were either complimentary or counter to my original experiences from.... September 2007!
Old 03-14-2014, 12:34 PM

This sticky is proving to be a wealth of information for me in doing research. I sent my 03 out a few days ago and have been looking for somewhere/something to buy since.

I have noticed some inaccuracies in my brief researching so far. If I stumble onto updates or new information that isn't in this thread already, I'll do my best to report it.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d sauce View Post
This sticky is proving to be a wealth of information for me in doing research. I sent my 03 out a few days ago and have been looking for somewhere/something to buy since.

I have noticed some inaccuracies in my brief researching so far. If I stumble onto updates or new information that isn't in this thread already, I'll do my best to report it.
Glad it's somewhat helpful all these YEARS later! :-)

And please post any/all inaccuracies and I'll update the original post and link it to your new post here.

Thanks!

-Michael
Old 10-20-2014, 2:29 PM

Midway does NOT do any dealer accounts anymore. Just called and she said everyone is now a retail customer. It began january 2014.
Old 10-20-2014, 2:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep67cj5 View Post
Midway does NOT do any dealer accounts anymore. Just called and she said everyone is now a retail customer. It began january 2014.
Read 4 posts up. The dealer pricing always sucked anyway. Brownells is the way to go.

www.appleseedinfo.org

"Everyone has a plan, till they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
Old 10-29-2014, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
Read 4 posts up. The dealer pricing always sucked anyway. Brownells is the way to go.
Brownells has always treated me well. Midway on the otherhand, well, they're midway! Bada Bomp!
Old 10-03-2016, 7:30 PM

Pumping life into an old thread
as of Today is the 03 still worth it
And can you get discounts on reloading supplies etc......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2016, 1:44 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I had my license 15 years ago but let it go because the arrival of a newborn taxes (read replaces) your gun budget quickly.

I am just sitting down to finally clean an M24/47 Mauser with said, now teenage, daughter and it has relit the pilot light. Would love to know if it's still worth the effort more than anything since the flood of cheap milsurp seems to have dried up.
Old 12-28-2017, 4:57 PM
Veteran Member

Bumping this oldie in hopes of getting an updated list.

Havent had my C&R in a bit. Can we still have C&R long guns shipped to our door?
Old 12-28-2017, 5:03 PM

03 + COE = c& r long guns to your door. C&R handgun are still required to go through an 01 ffl.
Old 03-26-2018, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspartan02 View Post
03 + COE = c& r long guns to your door. C&R handgun are still required to go through an 01 ffl.
Only if shipped from within California. Anything shipped from outside the state has to go through an 01.
Old 04-12-2018, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwr56 View Post
Only if shipped from within California. Anything shipped from outside the state has to go through an 01.
So at this point no real benefit to having a 03FFL?
Old 04-13-2018, 7:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt3123 View Post
So at this point no real benefit to having a 03FFL?
An 03 by itself, not really. But with an 03 AND a COE;
If you buy C&R long arms from within CA, OR buy C&R guns from outside CA, take actual possession of them out of state and personally bring them into CA, no dealer is required. For all other C&R transfers that require a dealer, it exempts you from the 10-day waiting period, and the one handgun in 30 days law. It also exempts you from the new ammunition purchasing restrictions.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

I've been told by two people at Midway that they no longer accept C&R.

(I know, zombie thread, but if I'm using this for reference, others may as well.)

Waiting to hear back from Brownells now.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

I sent Brownell's customer service a "how do I set this up" email. Their response (2 days later) was good.

(edited to add, after I emailed the address indicated below, I was set up within an hour.)

---------------------------------
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Brownells. We do accept these documents to ship ammunition to you in California. You can send the copies to ammorestrictions@brownells.com, and please make sure the 03 FFL is signed. If you have an account with us already, please provide the account number if you know it. If you do not have an account, please provide your billing and shipping address, phone number, and email. Once we receive the documents, we can update or set up your account to receive discounted pricing. The discount is not a set percentage, and varies for each item; some items may not offer a further discount. Please let us know if you have any questions.
---------------------------------

Last edited by BigFatGuy; 05-16-2019 at 12:24 PM..
Old 07-07-2019, 4:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Southern Ohio Gun went out of business, sadly. Try g to keep everything updated.

Want to buy:
  1. 12+ Gun Safe (Bsy Area)
  2. A .327 Henry lever action
  3. SPPrimers
Old 05-19-2020, 7:00 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks for keeping the thread updated guys! Would any of you happen to know of an FFL that will allow me to ship in C&R without filling out paperwork before hand? I went to a local store (On-Target Shooting Range) and they told me I would have to fill out paperwork before every shipment, seems kind of cumbersome IMO.
Old 07-05-2020, 9:35 AM

I have had several C&R guns sent into California but never had to fill any paperwork before hand.
Although, I do ask prior to having them send their FFL info and I give then a sheet with the seller info, serial number and my contact info but most of the time they say thanks, but don't need it. Just a "we'll call when it gets here" is about the extent of it.

Where are you located?
What kind of paperwork are they asking you to fill out?
I am curious, what did they say was the reason behind why they wanted you do any paperwork prior to receipt.
Old 08-09-2020, 9:18 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifEd View Post
I have had several C&R guns sent into California but never had to fill any paperwork before hand.

Although, I do ask prior to having them send their FFL info and I give then a sheet with the seller info, serial number and my contact info but most of the time they say thanks, but don't need it. Just a "we'll call when it gets here" is about the extent of it.

Where are you located?

What kind of paperwork are they asking you to fill out?

I am curious, what did they say was the reason behind why they wanted you do any paperwork prior to receipt.
Sorry for the late response:

They didn't say what they wanted me to fill out or why they wanted me to fill anything out. Fortunately I found another gun shop near me that had no issues accepting shipments and then just having me swoop in and take my items home. Location is South Orange County.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:22 PM

Think you could dm me the name of your LGS? I'm in the area and would love to have a place that'd be that cool about it.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary8738 View Post
Sorry for the late response:

They didn't say what they wanted me to fill out or why they wanted me to fill anything out. Fortunately I found another gun shop near me that had no issues accepting shipments and then just having me swoop in and take my items home. Location is South Orange County.
Think you could pm me the name of your LGS? I'm in the area and would love to have a place that'd be that cool about it.
Old 10-20-2020, 3:35 PM

My small contribution to the thread. Since I just recently got my C&R License and COE, i've been doing my best to take advantage even with the massive shortages of everything.

As far as companies that will ship ammo direct to CA customer who hold 03 FFL and COE:

Target Sports USA (I know everyone knows this, but as of 10/20/2020 they are still good to go)

Ventura Munitions (i did not see them previously mentioned in this thread. as of 10/20/2020 they too will ship ammo direct to 03 FFL and COE holder.
Old 11-12-2020, 4:16 PM

I just got an email from LAX ammo and it states they are revamping their verification system so no 03 purchases in CA unless you are at their stores.

Hello,

Hope you are staying safe and healthy, thank you so much for your patience with us during this very busy time.

Unfortunately, we have actually suspended our shipping within the State of California while we redevelop our verification process and system for our qualified CA customers and our Dealers/FFLs.

For the time being, if you wanted to buy our ammo, you would be limited to shopping in store:
Old 11-30-2020, 6:38 PM

Not sure if it is already mentioned but TargetSports USA makes it very simple just sign up. Then under your account settings you can upload your documents and it verifies and exempts you right then. Super easy.
Got mah home def self def STFH close quarter blah blah humma Schumma herp a derp EMP EOW ready for Mad Max blah blah Red Dawn merca good2go hunker down bugout bag rock n roll preppd up for apocalypse Internet Walter Mitty cyber diahrrea gum flapping fantasy nonsense
Old 04-18-2022, 12:19 PM

Default Dealer that sells ammo to C&R holders

I just purchased some ammo from KIR AMMO. They will ship to C&R-COE holders. Their prices are reasonable and didn't charge sales tax. https://kirammo.com/
Old 04-22-2022, 2:23 PM

Thanks for the info MiragePro.....their prices on what they carry seem reasonable on some items in today's ammo prices.