Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Riverside Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-01-2018, 4:19 PM
Mistadobalina_CA Mistadobalina_CA is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 176
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default Closest public outdoor 100yd range to City of Riverside?

I just moved to Riverside and I'm having trouble finding any public 100yd rifle ranges closer than Raahauge's, which is 45 minutes away and kinda pricey. Is there anything else that's closer and about $20 per visit?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-01-2018, 5:29 PM
Calico1404's Avatar
Calico1404 Calico1404 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,538
iTrader: 120 / 100%
Default

No. Wait till fire season ends and find BLM land
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-01-2018, 6:57 PM
CAL.BAR CAL.BAR is offline
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South OC
Posts: 4,955
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Sure, fire season MIGHT end.... someday. All it takes is RAIN.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-17-2018, 12:14 PM
Chopperjk Chopperjk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 7
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The BLM is Going out of fire restrictions DEC 17, What this means is all BLM lands outside of the 514 restriction are open for legal target shooting. The old Banning idllylid road off of sunset and the 10 would probaly be the closest for you
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-17-2018, 4:53 PM
JAGGUY's Avatar
JAGGUY JAGGUY is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Riverside, Southern Province, People's Republic of KALIFORNIA
Posts: 1,470
iTrader: 67 / 100%
Default

Look to see if West End Gun Club is close enough to you.
Limited membership is $90 a year and $5 each visit.
15 freeway at Sierra 2 miles east.

I've been going there for a long time and not being a public range is a huge plus...
__________________
1A-2A=-1A
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-20-2018, 3:56 PM
Mistadobalina_CA Mistadobalina_CA is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 176
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopperjk View Post
The BLM is Going out of fire restrictions DEC 17, What this means is all BLM lands outside of the 514 restriction are open for legal target shooting. The old Banning idllylid road off of sunset and the 10 would probaly be the closest for you
Are you talking about the area near Skyland Ranch?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-20-2018, 4:02 PM
Mistadobalina_CA Mistadobalina_CA is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 176
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGGUY View Post
Look to see if West End Gun Club is close enough to you.
Limited membership is $90 a year and $5 each visit.
15 freeway at Sierra 2 miles east.

I've been going there for a long time and not being a public range is a huge plus...
Thanks. It appears as though there's a wait list.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Darryl Licht's Avatar
Darryl Licht Darryl Licht is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach
Posts: 2,555
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistadobalina_CA View Post
I just moved to Riverside and I'm having trouble finding any public 100yd rifle ranges closer than Raahauge's, which is 45 minutes away and kinda pricey. Is there anything else that's closer and about $20 per visit?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
For over 20 years we used to have a great BLM spot (Steele Peak) to shoot at out in the hills south of Riverside and North of Perris, but too many irresponsible shooters didn't clean up their trash and shot with little to no regard for safety.

Unfortunately, local gun shops, this site, and many others like it highly publicized the location and it became even more popular. The BLM finally shut it down over safety concerns, complaints, and Lake Elsinore annexing adjacent land.

If you want 100yds+ and no entry fee, you need to venture much further out into the high or low deserts now! Or pay an entry fee and go to Lytle Creek.


I have one "secret" spot left that I've shot at since childhood... but I will never post that location on this or any other forum!
__________________
Quote:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-16-2019, 11:20 PM
retired retired is offline
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 9,699
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Blog Entries: 2
Default

If you go to the Lytle Creek Firing Line, call first and ascertain if the old policy on standard mags is still in effect. The Ranger used to confiscate any 10+ mag and IIRC, cite you also. They may have changed the policy per the Ranger Station orders, but I'd be surprised. Members who have been there recently may post and set the record straight.

I haven't been there since 2011, when they began the policy. It's also the year we stopped holding any official Calguns events there too.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-17-2019, 5:20 AM
Darryl Licht's Avatar
Darryl Licht Darryl Licht is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach
Posts: 2,555
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

10+ rd magazines (NOT a clip!) are illegal in Californiastan! Nobody should have them anymore in this state unless you are exempt from that law!
__________________
Quote:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-17-2019, 12:36 PM
retired retired is offline
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 9,699
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
10+ rd magazines (NOT a clip!) are illegal in Californiastan! Nobody should have them anymore in this state unless you are exempt from that law!
As far as I know, the stay to that law is still in effect. I read the thread in the Ca. 2nd Amendment cases forum and as of 3-13, the case as I understand it, is yet to be completely decided. Only count II and III were dismissed. If anyone knows anything to the contrary, please post. I should have mentioned that in the first post, so for that I apologize. I'm exempt, but I have no intention of going back there unless things change.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-17-2019, 3:55 PM
Darryl Licht's Avatar
Darryl Licht Darryl Licht is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach
Posts: 2,555
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
As far as I know, the stay to that law is still in effect. I read the thread in the Ca. 2nd Amendment cases forum and as of 3-13, the case as I understand it, is yet to be completely decided. Only count II and III were dismissed. If anyone knows anything to the contrary, please post. I should have mentioned that in the first post, so for that I apologize. I'm exempt, but I have no intention of going back there unless things change.
Are you Freaking kidding me? I took all mine outta state to a free-state!

Please post a link to that thread ...
__________________
Quote:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-18-2019, 12:43 PM
retired retired is offline
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 9,699
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
Are you Freaking kidding me? I took all mine outta state to a free-state!

Please post a link to that thread ...
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1329280

You will note it states motion to dismiss was granted on 2-18. If you read the last page or two of the thread, someone provided a link to that decision. In it, as I stated, Count I and II were dismissed only. So, unless I'm reading it incorrectly, it is still stayed. I will contact Librarian to ensure I'm reading that correctly and will post here when he has advised me.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-22-2019, 12:33 PM
retired retired is offline
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 9,699
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Blog Entries: 2
Default

The injunction is still in force, meaning the ban on standard capacity mags has not gone into effect. This is good for those who still possess those standard capacity mags purchased prior to Jan. 1, 2000. Unfortunately, since you have exported your mags outside of Ca. it would be illegal to import them back into the state.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-22-2019, 12:37 PM
Darryl Licht's Avatar
Darryl Licht Darryl Licht is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach
Posts: 2,555
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
The injunction is still in force, meaning the ban on standard capacity mags has not gone into effect. This is good for those who still possess those standard capacity mags purchased prior to Jan. 1, 2000. Unfortunately, since you have exported your mags outside of Ca. it would be illegal to import them back into the state.
I may, or may not have, buried some SHTF supplies... LOL
__________________
Quote:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:38 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.