Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 02-10-2016, 3:10 PM

I got an appointment! November 2017. Yay! When do I get my paperwork? Deputy gave me my appointment date and that's it. With pure excitement I forgot to ask about paperwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2016, 5:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidernation 247 View Post
I got an appointment! November 2017. Yay! When do I get my paperwork? Deputy gave me my appointment date and that's it. With pure excitement I forgot to ask about paperwork

Get the packet from the RSO website. Fill it out and wait. Just a reminder, when you renew your CCW you have to fill it out again. For consistency and to avoid accidental omissions in the future, copy you app and keep it on file.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2016, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1POWAA View Post
Question: I had my appointment for December 2016 and the interview went really well. I'm not worried about my good cause or background since I'm squeaky clean.

I continued on and got qualified in early Jan 2016 along with my fingerprint which was actually in late December of 2015.

My question is... How long does it take for DOJ to get back with my background? I'm wondering the timeframe in which I should start realistically expecting a callback for my permit pickup. Thanks!
Is it 2017 today? jk

Well, I took my livescan in the middle of November and I am still waiting on Livescan results.
11-13-2015 Livescan
12-12 and 12-13-2015 CCW Class
12-14-2015 Turned in Course Documents
04-11-2016 Application Approved and Permit Picked Up
Old 02-10-2016, 9:38 PM

ahhhhh lol. Sorry.

I took it Dec 2015 -________-

Not gonna lie, I put 2016 again and had to reedit it just now lol.

Anyways, I highly anticipate the results. Good luck to you too Bones!
Old 02-12-2016, 9:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1POWAA View Post
I absolutely loved my class (the one you posted). R. Owen was extremely informative and answered any questions dumb or not. I highly recommend Martinelli.

At the end of the class, he also passed out the Arizona application and strongly urged everyone to apply since it covers multiple states and is a shall issue state. Really, you won't regret taking that class. Sign up!
Thanks for the feedback. I reserved a seat for the upcoming class with them off your recommendation.
Old 02-16-2016, 8:27 AM

So how long is the entire process taking now with Riverside? Can someone break it down for me? I have a friend that's moving from LA county to Riverside and asked if I could look into it for him. Any feedback would help. Thank you
Old 02-16-2016, 8:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspoMan View Post
So how long is the entire process taking now with Riverside? Can someone break it down for me? I have a friend that's moving from LA county to Riverside and asked if I could look into it for him. Any feedback would help. Thank you
appointments are getting toward, or into 2018, then a few months after interview. tell you're friend to make an appointment now.
Old 02-16-2016, 8:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnichols View Post
appointments are getting toward, or into 2018, then a few months after interview. tell you're friend to make an appointment now.
2018!?? Holy cow. That's insane. Ok thank you
Old 02-16-2016, 9:48 AM

Can someone clarify the checks for me? Both cashiers checks for CCW are made out to riverside county right? I know one is for DOJ fees but the instructions list both checks made it to Riverside County. My interview is on Thursday and I don't want any hiccups.

Old 02-16-2016, 9:54 AM

yes, both cashier check are made out to riverside county sheriffs.
at least mine were back in October.
Old 02-16-2016, 9:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmvan View Post
Can someone clarify the checks for me? Both cashiers checks for CCW are made out to riverside county right? I know one is for DOJ fees but the instructions list both checks made it to Riverside County. My interview is on Thursday and I don't want any hiccups.

http://www.riversidesheriff.org/ccw/fees.asp

Quote:
New Applications

After your initial application for a new license is reviewed, if your justification and situation appear to meet the department's guidelines, you will be scheduled for a personal interview. Please bring a second money order or cashier's check, made payable to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department, to cover state classification fees when you arrive at your personal interview appointment.

Upon successful completion of the application process, a third money order or cashier's check, made payable to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department for remainder of the local administration fees is required before the CCW license is issued.
Old 02-16-2016, 9:08 PM

I can't help but feel like something has to happen here. Appointments will be stretching out into 2020 and beyond within the next 6 months or so. That kind of backlog is completely unacceptable.
Old 02-16-2016, 9:31 PM

Good luck! My appointment is coming up too.

QUOTE=hmvan;17691800]Can someone clarify the checks for me? Both cashiers checks for CCW are made out to riverside county right? I know one is for DOJ fees but the instructions list both checks made it to Riverside County. My interview is on Thursday and I don't want any hiccups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Old 02-17-2016, 12:11 AM
Veteran Member

Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDoesntMow View Post
I can't help but feel like something has to happen here. Appointments will be stretching out into 2020 and beyond within the next 6 months or so. That kind of backlog is completely unacceptable.
The sheriff agrees. He has said that there are 2 things that we can do to help improve the backlog: 1) Work with local police departments to start issuing ccw permits to their residents instead of pushing them off on the county. 2) Make our voices heard to the Board of Supervisors that the Sheriff needs to have more staffing, which means they need to approve his budget.

The BoS is considering CUTTING sheriff's staffing. What we need is for the staffing to be increased considering the uptick in crime and the need for more deputies in units like the ccw unit.

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Old 02-17-2016, 4:30 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
The sheriff agrees. He has said that there are 2 things that we can do to help improve the backlog: 1) Work with local police departments to start issuing ccw permits to their residents instead of pushing them off on the county. 2) Make our voices heard to the Board of Supervisors that the Sheriff needs to have more staffing, which means they need to approve his budget.

The BoS is considering CUTTING sheriff's staffing. What we need is for the staffing to be increased considering the uptick in crime and the need for more deputies in units like the ccw unit.
I'm not going to campaign for his budget increase in order to get my appointment sooner...he should just figure it out by moving his current staff around until this is cleared up.

Old 02-17-2016, 5:23 AM

Quote:
Work with local police departments to start issuing ccw permits to their residents instead of pushing them off on the county.
Did I miss this in an earlier post? I thought I had read all the posts regarding the NRA meeting the Sheriff attended. No one mentioned this. This is huge. This is AB1134 isn't it? This would essentially end CCW in Riverside County. How did everyone else miss this? Please elaborate on this Sleighter.
Old 02-17-2016, 6:10 AM

Unfortunately the business side of law enforcement is like any other business and does not work this way. Budgets are budgets whether you work in retail or a law enforcement agency. You are allocated money, payroll being the largest controllable expense and unless you have more money coming in to offset payroll, you maintain or reduce hours to offset.

With rising crime due to situations like proposition 47 and the Sheriff's department not being allowed to enforce what were previously felonies, his priorities would be to reallocate payroll, personnel, back to the streets for an immediate response.

Like Sleighter is saying, more funding/payroll for Sniff means that as the top business administrator for that department, means that he can address the crime in a multifaceted way. More deputies to fight crime and more armed citizens to protect themselves, not just another victim to report the crime after it has already occurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns4life View Post
I'm not going to campaign for his budget increase in order to get my appointment sooner...he should just figure it out by moving his current staff around until this is cleared up.

This firearm contains LEAD, a substance known to cause Great Bodily Injury or Death.
Old 02-17-2016, 6:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by this_copy View Post
Did I miss this in an earlier post? I thought I had read all the posts regarding the NRA meeting the Sheriff attended. No one mentioned this. This is huge. This is AB1134 isn't it? This would essentially end CCW in Riverside County. How did everyone else miss this? Please elaborate on this Sleighter.
It was mentioned in the meeting, but was not a big part of it. And no, it would not mean the end of CCWs in RivCo due to AB1134. In that scenario, a sheriff decides he wants to wipe his hands of the CCW process, and contract it out to a city PD who would do it for the entire county.That is not what was talked about. Instead, it was brought up that a local PD can issue to residents of the city if they so choose. This can take some of the work load off of the county. For example, Redlands PD has started to process applications, and specifically stated that it was in part to the delays/backlog at the county level.

The only thing that matters is rallying our cause to fight the enemy relentlessly, indifferent to the outcome of any particular battle
Old 02-17-2016, 6:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camvoncrosshair View Post
It was mentioned in the meeting, but was not a big part of it. And no, it would not mean the end of CCWs in RivCo due to AB1134. In that scenario, a sheriff decides he wants to wipe his hands of the CCW process, and contract it out to a city PD who would do it for the entire county.That is not what was talked about. Instead, it was brought up that a local PD can issue to residents of the city if they so choose. This can take some of the work load off of the county. For example, Redlands PD has started to process applications, and specifically stated that it was in part to the delays/backlog at the county level.
I appreciate your optimism. I hope you're right. However, Redlands is San Bernardino County. Before the Riverside County Sheriff Dept started issuing CCW Permits, there were very few permits issued. Now, with Good Cause, a civilian can obtain a permit fairly easy. Going back to Riverside PD issuing does not seem like a step in the right direction in my area. I would like to hear Sleighters take on this. Believe me, I want to be wrong.
Old 02-17-2016, 8:25 AM

Quote:
I appreciate your optimism. I hope you're right. However, Redlands is San Bernardino County. Before the Riverside County Sheriff Dept started issuing CCW Permits, there were very few permits issued. Now, with Good Cause, a civilian can obtain a permit fairly easy. Going back to Riverside PD issuing does not seem like a step in the right direction in my area. I would like to hear Sleighters take on this. Believe me, I want to be wrong.
Redlands was only brought up as an example of how a city could process permits to take some of the pressure off of the county. I am fully aware that it is in SB county. I was right there along with Sleighter during the meeting, and we talked with Sniff quite a bit after as well. It was not even Sniff who brought up the aspect of local PDs issuing, it was person who came to hear him speak. That person said that while doing some other dealings with the local PD he asked about permits and was told that while it was possible for the PD to issue they instead have the county do so. The person asked Sniff about local PDs issuing and if that could help with the wait times with the county. Sniff responded that yes, it was allowed by law, but it is up to each city if they want to do so. If the residents of a city wanted, they could try to convince the city to begin issuing. In the meantime, he planned to keep doing his best at handling applications.

The only thing that matters is rallying our cause to fight the enemy relentlessly, indifferent to the outcome of any particular battle
Old 02-17-2016, 8:27 AM

Quote:
camvoncrosshair, Is correct I was at the meeting not sure if any of the PD's will start issuing CCWs since most PD's are under staffed as well. I guess it will be a wait and see..
Old 02-17-2016, 8:41 AM

Quote:
Redlands was only brought up as an example of how a city could process permits to take some of the pressure off of the county. I am fully aware that it is in SB county. I was right there along with Sleighter during the meeting, and we talked with Sniff quite a bit after as well. It was not even Sniff who brought up the aspect of local PDs issuing, it was person who came to hear him speak. That person said that while doing some other dealings with the local PD he asked about permits and was told that while it was possible for the PD to issue they instead have the county do so. The person asked Sniff about local PDs issuing and if that could help with the wait times with the county. Sniff responded that yes, it was allowed by law, but it is up to each city if they want to do so. If the residents of a city wanted, they could try to convince the city to begin issuing. In the meantime, he planned to keep doing his best at handling applications.
Ok. That's putting it a bit different than Sleighters post. Thanks for the clarification. My early morning panic has been averted.
Old 02-17-2016, 9:58 AM
Veteran Member

Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs

Quote:
Ok. That's putting it a bit different than Sleighters post. Thanks for the clarification. My early morning panic has been averted.

I think you misunderstood my post. To clarify, currently the county is processing CCW permits for people that live in cities with their own PD (e.g. Riverside). While the Sheriff will continue to process those, if we could get Riverside PD to start issuing then that will reduce the backlog at the county level.

What percentage of CCW applicants do you think come from cities with their own PD? 10%? 20%? 30%? A 30% reduction in the amount of people applying at the county level would really speed things up. Not to mention those people would get their permits even faster.

The only benefit of consolidating CCW permits at the county level for gun owners is it reduces the number of people to sue to get people "in line." That was the CGF method. I think a better method for the next few years is going to be using more carrot and less stick to get PDs start issuing and spreading the work around.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns4life View Post

You don't want to "campaign for his budget increase?" Well grow up. In the adult world you have to pay for things and prioritize how to spend a limited budget. The Sheriff has promised to increase staffing to the CCW unit if he can get more deputies, but he can't just "move current staff around" to solve the problem. If you want more staff, it needs to be paid for.

Old 02-18-2016, 8:30 AM

Sitting in the lobby, waiting for my appointment time, just me and my thoughts. I hear the receptionist getting hassled by a guy who shall remain nameless. Come on people, its not her fault the deputies aren't answering and really not on her that there are only two of them.

Here's my two cents...save the time you took having her transfer you to admin and instead call your County Supervisor to increase funding for more deputies. Then go to a city council meeting and urge them to have their PD process applications and issue CCW's to help us all out.

That is all.
Old 02-18-2016, 8:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You don't want to "campaign for his budget increase?" Well grow up. In the adult world you have to pay for things and prioritize how to spend a limited budget. The Sheriff has promised to increase staffing to the CCW unit if he can get more deputies, but he can't just "move current staff around" to solve the problem. If you want more staff, it needs to be paid for.

Did you get that in writing?

I have some beautiful ocean front property in Arizona you might be interested in then.

Feel free to PM me if you have anything further to add...no need to sully this thread with our bickering.

Old 02-18-2016, 9:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh92562 View Post
Sitting in the lobby, waiting for my appointment time, just me and my thoughts. I hear the receptionist getting hassled by a guy who shall remain nameless. Come on people, its not her fault the deputies aren't answering and really not on her that there are only two of them.

Here's my two cents...save the time you took having her transfer you to admin and instead call your County Supervisor to increase funding for more deputies. Then go to a city council meeting and urge them to have their PD process applications and issue CCW's to help us all out.

That is all.
Agreed.
Old 02-18-2016, 6:02 PM

Had my interview today! Deputy Aguirre was really very helpful and encouraging. Those guys are really slammed folks. Counting down, should see approval by June I hope!

Old 02-18-2016, 6:35 PM

One other thing for those who are still waiting for their interviews, and those who haven't picked up the phone yet, Deputy Aguirre said from his perspective Riverside has been issuing permits pretty liberally since he's been there in 2009. Get your interview scheduled, follow all the instructions and shouldn't be an issue getting approved. I wish "self-defense" was sufficient, but any good cause that is articulated seems like an easy hoop to jump through. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-18-2016, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmvan View Post
One other thing for those who are still waiting for their interviews, and those who haven't picked up the phone yet, Deputy Aguirre said from his perspective Riverside has been issuing permits pretty liberally since he's been there in 2009. Get your interview scheduled, follow all the instructions and shouldn't be an issue getting approved. I wish "self-defense" was sufficient, but any good cause that is articulated seems like an easy hoop to jump through. Just my 2 cents.
I can't Think of any reason to carry a firearm that does not have self defense as the bottom line, If you carry because you work for a jeweler and have to transport jewels it's still self defense, If you have to deliver pizza in a bad neighborhood it's still self defense so the sheriff should just cut to the chase and accept just plane self defense .
Old 02-18-2016, 7:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Dale View Post
I can't Think of any reason to carry a firearm that does not have self defense as the bottom line, If you carry because you work for a jeweler and have to transport jewels it's still self defense, If you have to deliver pizza in a bad neighborhood it's still self defense so the sheriff should just cut to the chase and accept just plane self defense .

You've made your position on the issue abundantly clear multiple times on this thread. However at this point nobody has been denied in the past year to my knowledge because of an insufficient good cause.

Complaining that the good cause threshold is a 3-4/10 in difficulty instead of a 1 is a bit dense at this point. In theory it's an issue. In practice it hasn't mattered one bit.

Focus on the big picture of getting people carrying instead of the minutiae of what you can complain about on the Internet. We've seen a lot of progress and very little pushback in the last 2 years. The whining gets old quickly.

Old 02-18-2016, 7:59 PM

Quote:
You've made your position on the issue abundantly clear multiple times on this thread. However at this point nobody has been denied in the past year to my knowledge because of an insufficient good cause.

Complaining that the good cause threshold is a 3-4/10 in difficulty instead of a 1 is a bit dense at this point. In theory it's an issue. In practice it hasn't mattered one bit.

Focus on the big picture of getting people carrying instead of the minutiae of what you can complain about on the Internet. We've seen a lot of progress and very little pushback in the last 2 years. The whining gets old quickly.
Are you trying to control what people say here? I did not address you nor did I quote you. As I see it I am free to respond to anyone I want to and was basically agreeing with the post I quoted.
Old 02-18-2016, 9:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Are you trying to control what people say here? I did not address you nor did I quote you. As I see it I am free to respond to anyone I want to and was basically agreeing with the post I quoted.

I'm not trying to control you, nor do I care to. But just like you I'll comment on whatever I see fit. Personally it gets old hearing the whining while also fielding all of the questions from people going through the process who ask things that have been asked and answered.

The single biggest issue people still have is the good cause. Mostly because people make it sound like a bigger hurdle than it really is. It's not a big deal!!!! Put together an intelligent and thoughtful paragraph (maybe 2 at the most) explaining how a CCW will help you and in what situations. That's it.

You don't need to be fancy, rich, or powerful. But show that you have thought about the responsibility of carrying a loaded gun and how that will impact your life. If you've given any thought to carrying at all, you should be able to articulate which situations you feel it will help you in.

If you feel that being able to write a 1-2 paragraph letter is too big of a burden, then I'm sorry that we disagree. But the reality is you nor I set the rules. So just check the boxes and get your permit.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I'm not trying to control you, nor do I care to. But just like you I'll comment on whatever I see fit. Personally it gets old hearing the whining while also fielding all of the questions from people going through the process who ask things that have been asked and answered.

The single biggest issue people still have is the good cause. Mostly because people make it sound like a bigger hurdle than it really is. It's not a big deal!!!! Put together an intelligent and thoughtful paragraph (maybe 2 at the most) explaining how a CCW will help you and in what situations. That's it.

You don't need to be fancy, rich, or powerful. But show that you have thought about the responsibility of carrying a loaded gun and how that will impact your life. If you've given any thought to carrying at all, you should be able to articulate which situations you feel it will help you in.

If you feel that being able to write a 1-2 paragraph letter is too big of a burden, then I'm sorry that we disagree. But the reality is you nor I set the rules. So just check the boxes and get your permit.
It seem it's you that are making a bigger deal out of things than they really are, as for me i don't get upset with what people say here on the forum unless it is addressed toward me and this thing about good cause will keep being talked about as long it is the way it is and yes I know it may never change but I and others will continue to discuss it as we have a right to do.

As for setting the rules I know we don't and I am ok with that and it seems you like to defend the sheriffs stance on everything and I am ok with that. I don't agree with your views but I would never tell you to stop saying what you believe or tell you to stop whining about what people may post here. I am going to let this discussion die and move on but I will always post my views as I see fit.

And yes I do know what to put down for good cause I have even been told by LEO's also what to say but that is not the point my point was that no matter what you say it still comes back around to being just plane and simple self defense and I see no reason for you to take issue with what I said the way you did, but you could have just said you like things the way they are and leave it at that if you felt you needed to commit .
Old 02-19-2016, 7:57 AM

Is the address listed on the package still correct? Headed up there next week and don't want to burden the office with another phone call.
Old 02-19-2016, 1:05 PM

Quote:
It seem it's you that are making a bigger deal out of things than they really are, as for me i don't get upset with what people say here on the forum unless it is addressed toward me and this thing about good cause will keep being talked about as long it is the way it is and yes I know it may never change but I and others will continue to discuss it as we have a right to do.

As for setting the rules I know we don't and I am ok with that and it seems you like to defend the sheriffs stance on everything and I am ok with that. I don't agree with your views but I would never tell you to stop saying what you believe or tell you to stop whining about what people may post here. I am going to let this discussion die and move on but I will always post my views as I see fit.

And yes I do know what to put down for good cause I have even been told by LEO's also what to say but that is not the point my point was that no matter what you say it still comes back around to being just plane and simple self defense and I see no reason for you to take issue with what I said the way you did, but you could have just said you like things the way they are and leave it at that if you felt you needed to commit .
Girls Girls Giiiiirls! You're both pretty!
Old 02-19-2016, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDoesntMow View Post
Girls Girls Giiiiirls! You're both pretty!
I guess you are too.
Old 02-19-2016, 4:05 PM

I know that the City of Redlands in San Bernardino County is offering CCW permits hopefully we can get some of the Riverside County cities to do the same.

http://www.cityofredlands.org/police/ccw
Old 02-19-2016, 4:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMan57 View Post
I know that the City of Redlands in San Bernardino County is offering CCW permits hopefully we can get some of the Riverside County cities to do the same.

http://www.cityofredlands.org/police/ccw

Off the top of my head we could approach Riverside, Hemet, Murrieta. I'm not sure about Palm Springs, or Corona.

Old 02-19-2016, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Off the top of my head we could approach Riverside, Hemet, Murrieta. I'm not sure about Palm Springs, or Corona.
I live in Hemet and soon as I get the time I will talk to Chief Brown.Maybe I can get a few more citizens from Hemet to join me.