Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 07-30-2019, 4:47 PM

Default It Could Happens Here

Anyone listened to this podcast?

https://www.itcouldhappenherepod.com/

The guy makes a pretty compelling case that the US is closer to a civil war than most people realize. Also of interest is he spends a whole episode on why he believes a relatively small insurgency can still “defeat” (to some degree) a state actor. I find that interesting because so many anti-gun folks think the 2A is out-dated in that regard.

Also in that episode was an eye-opening take on home-manufactured arms by ISIS, extensive drone use (with commercial off the shelf drones!). I had no idea.

Anyway, I figure it is relevant listening for the preppier folks.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:11 AM
Veteran Member

He covers some very interesting topics. Makes you think.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member

I've been doing a lot of reading on this and yes; I'm absolutely convinced that things will get much worse before they get better.

Get prepared.

Food, water, guns, ammo; all the stuff you need to prepare for civil unrest.

As for insurgency defeating a large standing army;

- Read about Vietnam and Afghanistan.

The full might of the United States Armed Forces was totally thwarted by rice farmers running around the jungle with AK's and setting booby traps consisting of sharpened bamboo sticks in one case, and left mired in an endless quagmire by goat farmers living in mud huts with AK's and IEDs in the other scenario.

In Vietnam, we were literally sending fleets of B52s to carpet bomb acres of the NVA jungle....we STILL lost.

With B52's.

Dumping their full loads constantly.

The government cannot use anywhere near that kind of sheer force inside the USA, for the second it does, it instantly becomes a rogue state, murdering innocent civilians, and loses legitimacy around the world.

Not to mention the facts that;

- Police and military are generally pretty conservative, and yes of course there would be some who would "just follow orders" and open up on their friends, relatives, neighbors, family, countrymen; I believe the vast majority - at least 50%+ - would not only refuse to fire upon Americans, they would defect taking significant military assets with them, up to and including entire AFB's, Military Installations, etc.

Hell, we get ONE - *ONE* - nuclear sub captain and crew on our side, the war is over before it starts.

We (the "insurgency") could nuke Washington, but if DC carpet bombed Seattle, they'd instantly lose legitimacy.

- I've run the numbers and while I don't have them handy at the moment, even if we assume fully 50% of all federal, state, local police AND 50% of the Armed Forces showed up to fight against their own people, if we had only *3%* of the alleged "80 million gun owners" show up to fight, we'd outnumber them 5 to 1.

3% of 80 million is 2,400,000 gun owners, most of which are better armed & trained than police & basic grunts anyway.

Not to mention how many of us are former Special Operations.

The sole reason those units exist is as force multipliers; to train people how to fight and to have a disproportionate impact with comparatively miniscule numbers.

Some more great websites to read more along these lines:

http://enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/

https://www.americanpartisan.org/

https://www.theburningplatform.com/

https://www.unz.com/
Old 08-18-2019, 1:29 PM
Veteran Member

Check out IRA numbers in the 80s. Relatively few, and the Brits never could seem to do anything about them.
Old 08-18-2019, 4:41 PM

It's a reoccurring topic but, it seems to have more and more validity the longer things continue to be the way they are now. Think about it, in 2016 we were just glad Hillary didn't win. Now, a lot of 2A advocates are saying Trump is a traitor. It's amazing how quickly things can change and that kind of turmoil often leads to conflict.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailormilan2 View Post
Check out IRA numbers in the 80s. Relatively few, and the Brits never could seem to do anything about them.
They still can't.

Took pages out of our 1776 rebellion. Washington lead, picked his battles or displaced. Rinsed and repeated as needed and waited for his moment. Trenton

The militia was a bigger PITA to the Britts because of their guerilla tactics, lack of uniforms and refusal to stand in a straight line and be shot at.

The IRA re-wrote the book on urban guerilla warfare and the Britts re-wrote the book on how to run a huge propaganda campaign against an enemy that refused to bow or loose.
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --
Old 08-19-2019, 12:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Many examples of this. Just like Vietnam. They could never defeat us, they just had to keep going until we got tired enough to leave.
Old 08-22-2019, 5:26 PM

I can range a thousand yards at any direction. One by one......
Old 08-22-2019, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodahdude View Post
I can range a thousand yards at any direction. One by one......
Adding on, there will be demoralized enemy and sooner or later an enemy won’t show up anymore.

I see the situation playing out with protests, lines of security that are just easy targets, and marksman doing their thing. It just doesn’t happen in Hong Kong because the people don’t have guns.