Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 05-12-2018, 3:56 PM

Default Add a CCW from safe insight?

I completed my ca ccw training from safeinsight.com. I got approved for my ca. CCW and I just got an email from safe insight that says you can add an AZ ccw with no further training required. When you click the link it takes you to a “certificate request” page where there is a $59 processing fee. Now my question is, since I already have a ca ccw do I have to do anything else after paying the $59 to get the az permit? The website has such limited info I’m a bit hesitant because before I pay $60 I want to know if I have to then do a bunch more crap again like get another packet to fill out, fingerprints again etc.
Old 05-12-2018, 4:31 PM

A CA CCW is good enough for the training requirments for a AZ CCW. Call the AZ dept of public safety and have then send you a application. It is $20 for fingerprinting depending where you go and I think $60 to apply. Send a copy of your CA CCW with your application. Good To go.

WTB Walther PPK /Colt Mustang or Government .380

Apply for FFL Type 03 here: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/instruc...rearms-license

Apply for California COE here: https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cert-eligibility
Old 05-12-2018, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootsocal_dave View Post
A CA CCW is good enough for the training requirments for a AZ CCW. Call the AZ dept of public safety and have then send you a application. It is $20 for fingerprinting depending where you go and I think $60 to apply. Send a copy of your CA CCW with your application. Good To go.
Okay, so what I don’t understand is why would I pay safe insight $59 for anything? What am I paying for?
Old 05-12-2018, 6:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejitsu View Post
I completed my ca ccw training from safeinsight.com. I got approved for my ca. CCW and I just got an email from safe insight that says you can add an AZ ccw with no further training required. When you click the link it takes you to a “certificate request” page where there is a $59 processing fee. Now my question is, since I already have a ca ccw do I have to do anything else after paying the $59 to get the az permit? The website has such limited info I’m a bit hesitant because before I pay $60 I want to know if I have to then do a bunch more crap again like get another packet to fill out, fingerprints again etc.
Quote:
Okay, so what I don’t understand is why would I pay safe insight $59 for anything? What am I paying for?
Processing.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:29 PM

Go to the AZ DPS website and request an CCW application kit. They will mail it to you for free. Then get printed, fill out one page app and provided needed copies for DL and CA CCW. Then wait.
Old 05-14-2018, 6:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have my CA ccw.
Used it to get the AZ ccw.
Easy
Two copies of the card.
Finger prints
60 bux fee
And wait about 7 weeks.

Done
Old 05-14-2018, 7:00 AM

I thought AZ was constitutional carry?
Old 05-14-2018, 7:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooner760HD View Post
I thought AZ was constitutional carry?
In Arizona. But the AZ permit is acceptable to use in a large number of states that are not constitutional carry.
Old 05-19-2018, 8:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadside View Post
In Arizona. But the AZ permit is acceptable to use in a large number of states that are not constitutional carry.
And, that don't recognize California's permit.

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Old 05-20-2018, 7:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadside View Post
Go to the AZ DPS website and request an CCW application kit. They will mail it to you for free. Then get printed, fill out one page app and provided needed copies for DL and CA CCW. Then wait.
Insite is playing middleman to make a few bucks. Skip them and go directly to AZ DPS. https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/cwp