Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 05-31-2018, 8:49 AM

Default Carry in Nevada

I know Nevada does not recognize my Calif CCW. I have a non-resident CCW for Arizona. Will Nevada recognize my non-resident Arizona CCW? I am pretty sure I can carry in my car, in plain sight, in Nevada.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by ron91710; 05-31-2018 at 8:53 AM.. Reason: spelling fixes
Old 05-31-2018, 9:00 AM

https://www.nevadacarry.org/car-carry.html

Can I keep a loaded gun in my car without a permit?
Yes, for a loaded handgun. Not so for a loaded rifle or shotgun (NRS 503.165). Long-guns cannot have a cartridge in the firing chamber, but may have a loaded magazine in the weapon. Nevada has no laws prohibiting open carry or loaded carry of handguns. Without a law criminalizing something, it is legal to do that thing. (NRS 193.120).

Can I open carry a handgun in a car?
Yes. Your pistol can be holstered on you or can be visible on a seat, in the center console, in a cup holder or it can be placed out of sight in a glove box, case, or under the seat.

Does my gun have to be visible in my car?
No. Guns in cars may be anywhere; in the glove box, center console, map pocket, under the seat, in the trunk, in a cargo box, on the dash, in a cup holder, on the seat, in a gun case, in a purse, etc. The firearm does not have to be visible, except that concealed carry on the body (in a concealed holster or in a pocket) does require a permit. Open carry in a car is permissible. See the gallery below.

WTB Walther PPK /Colt Mustang or Government .380

Apply for FFL Type 03 here: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/instruc...rearms-license

Apply for California COE here: https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cert-eligibility
Old 05-31-2018, 9:02 AM

https://www.nevadacarry.org/concealed-carry.html

Non-residents and non-resident permits (reciprocity)
Recognized states are set by the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association pursuant to state law. If you hold a recognized permit on the reciprocity list, and you do not reside in Nevada, you may legally carry a concealed firearm in Nevada. Nevada residents must hold a Nevada-issued concealed firearm permit to carry a concealed firearm. Non-resident or out-of-state permits are not recognized for Nevada residents. There is no specific exemption for military members or their spouses. Certain permits for persons 18-20 are recognized by Nevada as long as the permit meets our basic requirements; we do not discriminate based on age.

Pursuant to SB 175 and AB 488 of the 2015 Legislative Session, the state of Nevada will
recognize concealed weapons permits from the following states:
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Florida
Idaho Enhanced Permit
Illinois
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi Enhanced Permits
Montana
Nebraska
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota (both types of
permits)
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
South Carolina
South Dakota Enhanced Permits
Tennessee
Texas
Utah (both types of permits)
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

http://rccd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gsd...0May%2018).pdf

WTB Walther PPK /Colt Mustang or Government .380

Apply for FFL Type 03 here: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/instruc...rearms-license

Apply for California COE here: https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cert-eligibility
Old 05-31-2018, 9:12 AM

Thanks Dave, So NV will recognize my AZ permit even though I am not from AZ. I guess that means I don't have to stop at the CA/NV border.
Thanks again.
Old 05-31-2018, 6:08 PM

i keep getting kidded about not bringing my guns to Nevada or wearing one when I am there and I have had a non-resident Arizona permit for years. i always tell them the real danger is from where i am coming from not where i am going in Nevada or Arizona (LOL). I just appreciate that i am treated like an adult in Nevada and Arizona even if california seems to consider all of it's citizen felons that can't be trusted. someday I'll have to actually show up with a gun just to keep them happy.
Old 05-31-2018, 7:39 PM
Some Yahoo on the Web
CGN Contributor

A good resource:

https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_c...city_maps.html
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love. -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Old 06-01-2018, 7:56 AM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron91710 View Post
Thanks Dave, So NV will recognize my AZ permit even though I am not from AZ. I guess that means I don't have to stop at the CA/NV border.
Yes, NV honors the AZ CCW permit, even if the permit holder is not a resident of AZ.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 06-01-2018, 8:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
Yes, NV honors the AZ CCW permit, even if the permit holder is not a resident of AZ.
Many thanks for all the answers to my question. I will be going through NV today and will feel better being armed and knowing it's legal too.

(It took only 36 days to receive my CCW here in Kern county from start to finish)