Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 04-15-2019, 8:22 AM
Veteran Member

I had an issue with old Glock mags doing this and I replaced the springs and problem went away. Maybe it’s something to do with weak factory springs for this company? I have no experience with these, just throwing it out there.
Old 04-15-2019, 9:11 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Well look on the bright side, with the clear magazines, you can see if your rounds are getting "bias loaded" and you can fix it and load up full magazines.

Remember to dial 1 before 911.

Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

There. Are. Four. Lights!
Old 04-15-2019, 10:40 AM

Seems like they should make single stack mags only.
Old 04-15-2019, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadcoyote View Post
I had an issue with old Glock mags doing this and I replaced the springs and problem went away. Maybe it’s something to do with weak factory springs for this company? I have no experience with these, just throwing it out there.
I don’t own any ETS mags, but it seems like low spring tension would be the likely culprit. Although even with light spring tension, each bullet should follow the path of least resistance, which should be diagonal from the prior bullet, not straight above it. The only way I could see bias loading occurring would be very weak spring tension combined with loading the mags while holding them horizontally or slightly upside down.
Old 04-15-2019, 4:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00gym4n View Post
Purchased several ETS (Elite Tactical Systems) glock mags based on stellar reviews from guys like sootch00. They look really cool and I like the idea of transparent magazines, but was quite disappointed when I tried loading them up. I bought the 9mm 17rd mags and about half of them only fill up to 15-16rds. I was told by ETS customer service that it was due to "bias loading" or in other words user error. Apparently you have to load up the mags by pushing your rounds exactly in the center of the mag in order to achieve it's 17rd capacity. Customer service said it was rare, but about half of my mags weren't filling up to 17rds. I've never had this happen in any of my OEM glock mags. For the $14 price tag they'll be useful at the range, but has anyone else come across this? Next time I'll stick to OEM.

Garbage mags. If you can't afford real Glock mags you can't afford guns.

If you buy a gun from me and fail to pass background, I will keep at least 50% of the sale price to compensate me for the time you've wasted of mine (sale and failed sale pickup), so if you're in doubt, don't buy my guns.
Old 04-15-2019, 7:31 PM

Ive got a theory as to why these are junks - weak springs. They seem stack properly when using a mag loader but not hand loading. With a mag loader a round is pushed down lower and with more pressure into the mag than it would be hand loaded. This causes the rounds to be pushed down with greater force, making them stack next to each other (the right way). When you hand load them the spring doesnt push up against the rounds as much causing them to stay directly on top of one of another. Does this make sense to anyone? Ill try getting heavier springs as I like the look of them.
Old 04-16-2019, 6:34 PM

I had the same issue using the Maglula speed loader. I'm hoping it will fix itself after breaking it in.
Old 04-16-2019, 6:44 PM
Veteran Member

You listened to sootch, that's your original sin right there. You will go broke listening to him and most of the guntubers out there.

FS: various Glock accessories
Old 04-16-2019, 7:48 PM

I only have a sample of 2, but both ETS mags work great in my Glocks and Ruger PCC.