Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 01-12-2022, 4:21 AM
Banned

Default Benjamin Gunnar Finally Available!

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/b...r-rifle?m=5328

.30cal should be coming soon
Old 01-12-2022, 11:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

What makes this so special? The fact that Benjamin is making something that competes with other makes now?

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 01-12-2022, 3:38 PM
Banned

I don't know if its special or not. Just that it was finally released for sale, it's not $2k and extra mags don't cost $50 a pop

Last edited by LazyJ; 01-12-2022 at 3:40 PM..
Old 01-13-2022, 5:37 PM
Veteran Member

This is a Turkish designed/made PCP, is it not?
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, the America-hating Leftists will have brought it upon themselves. I value Freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of Governance they espouse, which offers no Freedom and complete servitude to the State.
Quote:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our Freedoms: the Soap box, the Ballot box, the Jury box, and the Cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt
Old 01-15-2022, 9:45 AM

Though I freely admit to being an unabashed airgun snob, I have to wonder why anyone would pony up $1000 for Turkish junk when, with a little searching, guns like the Daystate Huntsman are available for a similar price.

Yes, I know things like shot count will be different and the Huntsman is not a side lever, but if you want pride of ownership there really is no comparison.
Old 01-15-2022, 8:36 PM
Banned

Daystate is way more expensive and their magazines are through the roof!
Old 01-15-2022, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyJ View Post
Daystate is way more expensive and their magazines are through the roof!
As I've pointed out before, nice things don't come cheap.

Trust me, as you get more into airguns you'll be glad you spent a bit more money on quality guns. I understand the temptation to grab something inexpensive, but in the long run you'll never be happy and you'll wish you'd spent a few hundred more bucks on a Daystate, or an FX, or a Taipan, or an Edgun, or any other premium product.

Remember, forewarned is forearmed. Now you know and it'll be up to you as to whether you take my advice or not.
Old 01-16-2022, 6:27 AM
Banned

For me, I’m still trying to wrap my brain around $2k for a pellet rifle. I spent almost $1k on a Marauder and scope, plus I still don’t have compressor yet.
Old 01-16-2022, 7:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prob View Post
As I've pointed out before, nice things don't come cheap.

Trust me, as you get more into airguns you'll be glad you spent a bit more money on quality guns. I understand the temptation to grab something inexpensive, but in the long run you'll never be happy and you'll wish you'd spent a few hundred more bucks on a Daystate, or an FX, or a Taipan, or an Edgun, or any other premium product.

Remember, forewarned is forearmed. Now you know and it'll be up to you as to whether you take my advice or not.
Yeah, we get it that you're wealthy enough to buy whatever you want so just freakin' stop already. Not everyone has to have the best/most expensive toys...

I own a Chinese-made Xisico Sentry 705-9K .22 PCP that is well-made, reliable, powerful and accurate for pesting/plinking. It cost me a little over $400 and has been 100% reliable with over 3000 shots through it and it delivers headshots on ground squirrels out to 60 yards and isn't pellet-picky. I don't have to worry about putting a scratch or ding in it using it as a truck gun.

The Air Venturi Avenger is another great, lower-cost, reliable and accurate PCP for those on a budget or wanting to buy a first PCP.
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, the America-hating Leftists will have brought it upon themselves. I value Freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of Governance they espouse, which offers no Freedom and complete servitude to the State.
Quote:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our Freedoms: the Soap box, the Ballot box, the Jury box, and the Cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt

Last edited by WartHog; 01-16-2022 at 7:47 AM..
Old 01-17-2022, 12:07 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyJ View Post
For me, I’m still trying to wrap my brain around $2k for a pellet rifle. I spent almost $1k on a Marauder and scope, plus I still don’t have compressor yet.
The cost is relative to the performance of said pellet guns.
2k will get you a gun that will do 100yds quite readily and even can be stretched to 200 if capability allows.

Rich

For what it’s worth I passed on the compressor and just bought a quality tank, 80 gallon 3800 psi cap.
Old 01-18-2022, 4:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

so a couple people on agn were disappointed at the quality so maybe look and wait before buying.
Old 01-18-2022, 6:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
so a couple people on agn were disappointed at the quality so maybe look and wait before buying.
All I read on AGN was a lot of speculation.

Although I'd never buy a 1st gen firearm or air rifle..... period, it seems pointless to disregard something without having any proof first.

We shall see the Gunnar works out as more people pony up the money for it.

5 year warranty is pretty attractive for those of us that don't molest our firearms.