Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 07-13-2019, 9:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Online ammo purchase

Just want to share my experience with buying ammo online. You can do it without having to get a FFL03/COE by buying the ammo from the online store of a vendor who has a store local here in California. The vendor I selected is Sportsman Warehouse. What you do, is to select "pick up at store" option during checkout. Shipping is free if they don't have what you want in that particular store.

Ordered 10 cases of shotshells (2500 rounds) and got the phone call that my order is ready for pick up today. Went to the store at Milpitas tonight and there was a little hiccup, they could not find 1 of the cases and took a while to locate it. Once they do, it was pretty smooth. Paid the $1 background check (they asked "what if your race", "where are you born" and also "are you a US citizen") and they give you a cart full of ammo, then off you go.

One other thing, the online prices are a lot lower than their in store prices. So if you want buy ammo in bulk like I do, it is better to buy online and collect in their store.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:17 PM
NRA Member, CRPA Member,
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbearbear View Post
Just want to share my experience with buying ammo online. You can do it without having to get a FFL03/COE by buying the ammo from the online store of a vendor who has a store local here in California. The vendor I selected is Sportsman Warehouse. What you do, is to select "pick up at store" option during checkout. Shipping is free if they don't have what you want in that particular store.

Ordered 10 cases of shotshells (2500 rounds) and got the phone call that my order is ready for pick up today. Went to the store at Milpitas tonight and there was a little hiccup, they could not find 1 of the cases and took a while to locate it. Once they do, it was pretty smooth. Paid the $1 background check (they asked "what if your race", "where are you born" and also "are you a US citizen") and they give you a cart full of ammo, then off you go.

One other thing, the online prices are a lot lower than their in store prices. So if you want buy ammo in bulk like I do, it is better to buy online and collect in their store.
That is one way to do it if it works where you happen to be.

There's an ammo retailer not too far from me where there's no option to buy at the online prices and pick it up at the local store which is somewhat frustrating. Much more frustrating though, brick and mortar markup aside, I've twice had problems where they were out of stock on an item in the store but showed ample stock online that they refused to sell at the in store price.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:00 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

Sportsman’s warehouse will also email you a 10% off coupon shortly after you order. Not sure if it works for ammo but BOLO

Old 07-14-2019, 12:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Good info thanks 👍