Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 12-18-2018, 4:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default "Emergency" Regulations re AB 857 Serialization Requirements Submitted to OAL

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, but DOJ today submitted their proposed "emergency" regulations regarding amendments to the AB 857 serialization requirements today. Pursuant to the emergency rulemaking process, this means members of the public have 5 days from today to submit any comments on the proposal.

Everyone should comment on the proposal if able. Send comments to both of the following by 12/23:

Department of Justice
Bureau of Firearms
Attn: Jessie Romine
P.O. Box 160487
Sacramento, CA 95816
Emergencyregs@doj.ca.gov

Office of Administrative Law
300 Capitol Mall, Suite 1250
Sacramento, CA 95814
staff@oal.ca.gov

You can also view additional documents related to this proposal on DOJ's website here- https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/regs

NRA Certified Instructor- Pistol, Rifle, PPITH, PPOTH, Metallic Cartridge Reloading, Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to be a Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer

NRA Patriot Life Member - Benefactor Level
CRPA Life Member
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
Old 12-18-2018, 8:27 PM
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor

Probably nothing, but... "(r) to use the energy of the
explosive in a fixed cartridge"

Burn v. explode verbiage have any advantage to us?
Old 12-18-2018, 11:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

So it looks like this is aimed at new residents bringing unserialed firearms into CA:
"The amendment fixes an ambiguity in the statute caused by new residents who move to California after July 1, 2018, but who may already own a firearm without a serial number.Without the amendment, new residents who already own an untraceable firearm were not eligible to apply for a serial number."

Looks like they are making impossible for an 18-20 year old to build a long gun legally:
"(A) The applicant shall be 18 years of age or older to apply for a unique serial number for a firearm that is not a handgun. Commencing February 1, 2019, the applicant shall be 21 years of age or older to apply for a unique serial number for a firearm that is not a handgun."

So if you are 18-20, get those serial number requests in before Feb. 1 2019.

T
"A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest require, that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent on others for essential, particularly for military supplies." - George Washington, 1790
Old 01-01-2019, 9:41 PM

Perhaps I'm being too literal, but I'm concerned about the following section:

ß 5510(b)
As of July 1, 2018, no individual shall manufacture or assemble a firearm from an unfinished receiver or frame unless the individual applies to the Department for a unique serial number prior to manufacturing or assembling the firearm.

Consider someone who applied to register his self-manufactured receiver with his own S/N prior to 7/1. After 7/1 he assembles that receiver into a complete firearm. Is he not in technical violation of the "manufacture OR assemble" wording?

The more time I spend on this forum, the more sense kcbrown makes.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:13 PM

This is great I just destroyed 4 frames yesterday with no numbers on them because I didn't want to get in trouble transporting them out of California to my house in Nevada.

Last edited by tozan; 01-02-2019 at 12:04 AM..
Old 01-02-2019, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tozan View Post
This is great I just destroyed 4 frames yesterday with no numbers on them because I didn't want to get in trouble transporting them out of California to my house in Nevada.
Assuming you're not joking, how often do you get stopped on the way in to Nevada?
Old 01-02-2019, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaliber View Post
Perhaps I'm being too literal, but I'm concerned about the following section:

ß 5510(b)
As of July 1, 2018, no individual shall manufacture or assemble a firearm from an unfinished receiver or frame unless the individual applies to the Department for a unique serial number prior to manufacturing or assembling the firearm.

Consider someone who applied to register his self-manufactured receiver with his own S/N prior to 7/1. After 7/1 he assembles that receiver into a complete firearm. Is he not in technical violation of the "manufacture OR assemble" wording?
If it has been accepted and recorded in your name, it is a finished reciever, is it not? Since doj wouldn't have accepted an unfinished reciever as a firearm.
That's my thinking.
Old 01-02-2019, 9:03 PM
Calguns Addict

This is why we must fight for sanctuary laws for undocumented things.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorduc View Post
Assuming you're not joking, how often do you get stopped on the way in to Nevada?

Last time I was stopped by police was in 2004 but, the bigger question is, are 4 receivers worth more than my ability to own everything I own now? There is nothing in my collection worth $400.00 and $400 is about 1% of what I have in my collection... So even though the risk is very small the loss is tremendous.
Old 01-09-2019, 9:26 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by timdps View Post
Looks like they are making impossible for an 18-20 year old to build a long gun legally:
"(A) The applicant shall be 18 years of age or older to apply for a unique serial number for a firearm that is not a handgun. Commencing February 1, 2019, the applicant shall be 21 years of age or older to apply for a unique serial number for a firearm that is not a handgun."

So if you are 18-20, get those serial number requests in before Feb. 1 2019.

T
Correct, the regulation is in reference to SB-1100, the bill signed by Brown last year that makes 21 the new minimum age for all gun sales in CA, which also says:

Quote:
Existing law requires a person who wishes to manufacture or assemble a firearm to first apply to the Department of Justice for a unique serial number or other identifying mark. Existing law requires an applicant to be at least 18 years of age for a firearm that is not a handgun, and at least 21 years of age for a firearm that is a handgun. A violation of the application requirement is a crime.

This bill would instead require an applicant to be at least 21 years of age for any firearm, except that applications would be granted for an applicant who is at least 18 years of age but less than 21 years of age for a firearm that is not a handgun if the application is made before February 1, 2019.
So, unfortunately, regardless of the outcome of these regulations, the cutoff for anyone 18-20 years old to submit an app for a home-build is still Feb 1.

Don't panic. As of 11/21/2018, only around 40% of BBRAW applicants have received their letter. DOJ is still actively processing them... slowly. In the meantime:

Old 01-10-2019, 5:08 AM

Quote:

You are wonderfully compliant. Neo-Liberal elitists, bankers and their politicians need more types like you. CA types crack me up. Work arounds on this, work arounds on that, lawsuit this, en banc that. What you donít realize is that the system (all of it) is stacked and rigged against you, like a boa tightening its wrap around your neck. Many think because they are well paid and have $1 million dollar homes that equates to street smarts, it doesnít.

The 2A is about non-compliance, itís the nuclear option. Ten years from now when you canít own and youíve dismantled your $40,000 collection remember this, you wonít have the option to go back. Furthermore your landscape will be stacked with foreign nationals that donít even remotely share the same value system and the billionaires will be off to other lands to exploit developments there.

The neo-libs (opportunistic elitists) are gonna disarm the population and bring in a NWO agenda that will have epic impacts on you and your family. The ball is already in motion.

Treasury inversion
Record debt
Influx of undocumented, uneducated, voting foreign nationals that align with the left (thatís all they know)
Significant loss of the USD on oil markets
UK breaking away from the EU, likely to join China and other currency systems.
Stolen corporate secrets
Transfer of wealth offshore
Record corporate debt (5-6x 2008 levels)

For their own self preservation, the elites are making darn sure that the population of the worlds most powerful and nuclear capable military is disarmed before the rug gets pulled out from under it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2019, 11:21 AM

what have you done considered "non-compliance"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Edge View Post
You are wonderfully compliant. Neo-Liberal elitists, bankers and their politicians need more types like you. CA types crack me up. Work arounds on this, work arounds on that, lawsuit this, en banc that. What you donít realize is that the system (all of it) is stacked and rigged against you, like a boa tightening its wrap around your neck. Many think because they are well paid and have $1 million dollar homes that equates to street smarts, it doesnít.

The 2A is about non-compliance, itís the nuclear option. Ten years from now when you canít own and youíve dismantled your $40,000 collection remember this, you wonít have the option to go back. Furthermore your landscape will be stacked with foreign nationals that donít even remotely share the same value system and the billionaires will be off to other lands to exploit developments there.

The neo-libs (opportunistic elitists) are gonna disarm the population and bring in a NWO agenda that will have epic impacts on you and your family. The ball is already in motion.

Treasury inversion
Record debt
Influx of undocumented, uneducated, voting foreign nationals that align with the left (thatís all they know)
Significant loss of the USD on oil markets
UK breaking away from the EU, likely to join China and other currency systems.
Stolen corporate secrets
Transfer of wealth offshore
Record corporate debt (5-6x 2008 levels)

For their own self preservation, the elites are making darn sure that the population of the worlds most powerful and nuclear capable military is disarmed before the rug gets pulled out from under it.

Old 01-10-2019, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallShark View Post
what have you done considered "non-compliance"?
My question exactly.
Old 01-10-2019, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herccheif View Post
My question exactly.
Street smart vs playing their game.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Edge View Post
Street smart vs playing their game.
For starters I am not a Californian or a "Ca. type"... lol and never have been I was only there for a time. I left years ago. If you are in California you can't own anything worth dismantling in the first place.

Street smart is not getting caught in commiefornia with a few hundred bucks worth of scrap metal and losing everything vs keeping plenty of stuff you can't own there anyway.

Street smart is not going to jail and staying free to continue the fight another day.

Street smart is not making statements on the internet that you endorse breaking the law and are proud of being defiant...

Stop being a troll... lol
Old 01-11-2019, 11:33 AM

"Originally Posted by tozan View Post
This is great I just destroyed 4 frames yesterday with no numbers on them because I didn't want to get in trouble transporting them out of California to my house in Nevada."

"For starters I am not a Californian or a "Ca. type"... lol and never have been I was only there for a time. I left years ago. If you are in California you can't own anything worth dismantling in the first place."

So Tozan...which is it?
Old 01-12-2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulmapache View Post
"Originally Posted by tozan View Post
This is great I just destroyed 4 frames yesterday with no numbers on them because I didn't want to get in trouble transporting them out of California to my house in Nevada."

"For starters I am not a Californian or a "Ca. type"... lol and never have been I was only there for a time. I left years ago. If you are in California you can't own anything worth dismantling in the first place."

So Tozan...which is it?

Whats hard to understand? I was there for the holidays visiting. Just because I lived there at one time does not make me a Ca type or a Californian.
Old 01-12-2019, 8:25 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Makes sense to me, those items had little value and California would love to make an example out of someone. Thats why democrats passed the law.

Its sort of like having a few drinks and not driving 10 miles home and instead walking to a hotel. The risk of thousands vs $ 180 hotel.

"LIARS MAKE
THE BEST PROMISES"
Pierce Brown
Old 01-12-2019, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Makes sense to me, those items had little value and California would love to make an example out of someone. That's why democrats passed the law.

Its sort of like having a few drinks and not driving 10 miles home and instead walking to a hotel. The risk of thousands vs $ 180 hotel.

I agree it is all about picking your battles and staying out of jail. In this battle I had nothing to win and everything to lose. I would like to see knifedge put his money where his mouth is and go to jail for something like this...
Old 01-13-2019, 8:21 AM

Street smarts; not making questionable posts behind enemy lines knowing their shills are all over this site like flies on a pile of dung. What was the point of your post? To throw off a tail? Creat one? Get some other weak spine to walk into his garage and cut up his receivers? You claim you donít live in CA however had concern about driving around with your gear. Perhaps long ago was a good time to remove the front tint, replace the front license plate and remove the Glock vinyl decal from the rear window.

Secondly if I was behind enemy lines with anything in question (there are millions in this category) I wouldnít be posting on any SM site, maybe lurk via a VPN and an alias.

Take a moment to see the polarity around you. The neo-liberal attack increases exponentially and will hopefully be contained by the Supreme Court, at some point. In the balance of state funded gun confiscation agencies/schemes are tens of millions of combat veterans and a hundred plus million conservatives scattered all over the country; letís just agree itíll get sporty under a national confiscation program. Sadly, with the boldness and all-or-nothing mentality from the left, I donít see a rose colored ending. Itís crystal clear that CA wants to achieve disarmament before that tipping point is reached, which everyone, including foreign media and intelligence agencies agree is inevitable.

Follow the path.
Chinese money flows into CA and itís universities
CA de-couples from nationalist traditions, prayer, pledge of allegiance, etc.
Extreme left politicians flood the ballots, Brown was actually a light-Republican compared to these tyrants.
Gun confiscation schemes expand year after year without ever giving up an inch of soil.

We actually arenít fighting something domestic. They are playing the ďfight the enemy where they are not.Ē

CONDENSED version:

If you live in CA, donít post here or on SM if you own guns
Make your stuff legal, you may need it someday
The country has been silently under attack for decades.