Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-20-2020, 4:50 PM
Veteran Member

Yep,

If the Democraps lead ammo at gun ranges, oh boy! A2
Old 05-21-2020, 8:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralhunter View Post
Truly.

I can't even fathom the sheer amount of firearms that will flood CA if the roster is repealed. The state will be knee deep in guns.
California is the third largest consumer of firearms in the US (ironically). If the roster was overturned, I could see us being a solid second, maybe the largest, firearm consumer here in the US.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8nhavoc View Post
California is the third largest consumer of firearms in the US (ironically). If the roster was overturned, I could see us being a solid second, maybe the largest, firearm consumer here in the US.
There would be a surge of pent-up demand that would put CA in the top spot. If the roster were to be overturned in conjunction with the AWB, CA would be a lock for first place.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFA777 View Post
Guessing semi auto ar pistols still wouldn't make the cut though.

Prices on the secondary market would drop like a brick.
More like a lead bar.
Old 05-21-2020, 1:41 PM

Any news from todays conference?
Old 05-21-2020, 1:57 PM

Next Tuesday?
Old 05-21-2020, 2:26 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
Next Tuesday?
Probably - usual pattern is Friday conference, Monday orders. This time it was Thursday conference, and Monday 25 May is Memorial Day (observed), so Tuesday orders seems right.
Old 05-21-2020, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Probably - usual pattern is Friday conference, Monday orders. This time it was Thursday conference, and Monday 25 May is Memorial Day (observed), so Tuesday orders seems right.
For what it's worth, scotusblog has the 26th listed as an orders day on their calendar.
"There is an old song which asserts that "the best things in life are free". Not true! Utterly false! This was the tragic fallacy which brought on the decadence and collapse of the democracies of the twentieth century; those noble experiments failed because the people had been led to believe that they could simply vote for whatever they wanted… and get it, without toil, without sweat, without tears."
Old 05-21-2020, 4:56 PM

The problem i see with the roster going away, for all those spending $1200 on sig p365s and Hk Vp9s and gen 5 glocks etc, if the roster drops, those guns will go down to the used value of whatever it runs anywhere else, and many people in CA have put lots of money into buying all kinds of Off roster stuff in which the values will plummet.
Old 05-21-2020, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgindy25 View Post
The problem i see with the roster going away, for all those spending $1200 on sig p365s and Hk Vp9s and gen 5 glocks etc, if the roster drops, those guns will go down to the used value of whatever it runs anywhere else, and many people in CA have put lots of money into buying all kinds of Off roster stuff in which the values will plummet.

We all know the risks...I have tons of off rosters that I would be ok with having devalued if I had more freedom to purchase what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2020, 5:21 PM

Quote:
i wouldn’t call that a problem unless the buyer was attempting to buy off roster to try to resell at a later time for profit. the buyer found it worth paying the premium for an off roster handgun.
Old 05-21-2020, 5:44 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi View Post
For what it's worth, scotusblog has the 26th listed as an orders day on their calendar.
That seems pretty definitive. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2020, 6:06 PM

Quote:

But they can purchase a bunch more at lowered (normal) prices to offset that cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-21-2020, 6:07 PM

lol someone should do a poll if the Roster stands or not
Old 05-21-2020, 8:05 PM

Quote:
So would you rather have them leave the roster in place?
Old 05-21-2020, 8:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

The CA roster being struck down by SCOTUS would be welcome news to me notwithstanding the premiums I’ve paid over the years for off-roster goodness. Any off-roster handgun would then become far less expensive to replace should anything ever happen to them.
Old 05-21-2020, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exnds View Post
So would you rather have them leave the roster in place?
No its not a matter of what i want or dont want, of course id love it to go away, but i can see there being alot of resistance on its even for pro 2A side, some of you may be ok with it even if you have paid premiums for off roster stuff, but a good portion might not be ok with it.

And chances are it might be removed for a short window like how the mags and ammo was if this is going to go the same route.
Old 05-21-2020, 9:54 PM

Wishing for roster to protect “investment” is all kinds of wrong. Really can’t sympathize with that even a little bit.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I don't see that as a problem. As a potential buyer, it's good for me.
As far as having invested money into them, well, be more wise with your investments. Tough $#!+.
Everybody knows restrictions do nothing more than create a robust black markets and overpriced contraband. If we haven't learned that from prohibitions of all kinds, then people are simply unteachable, truly retarded.

Last edited by McTrigga; 05-21-2020 at 10:11 PM..
Old 05-21-2020, 10:16 PM
NRA Member, CRPA Member,
CGN Contributor

Quote:
No its not a matter of what i want or dont want, of course id love it to go away, but i can see there being alot of resistance on its even for pro 2A side, some of you may be ok with it even if you have paid premiums for off roster stuff, but a good portion might not be ok with it.

And chances are it might be removed for a short window like how the mags and ammo was if this is going to go the same route.
I’m not sure what you mean by the bolded statement. What form is the “resistance” of these hypothetical jerks going to take on? Are they filing amici curiae briefs in support of the state? Voting for Biden? What?
Old 05-21-2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champu View Post
I’m not sure what you mean by the bolded statement. What form is the “resistance” of these hypothetical jerks going to take on? Are they filing amici curiae briefs in support of the state? Voting for Biden? What?
I meant that just alot of people may look at the removal of the roster as a personal cost and not see the greater good in its removal.

Just to be clear i myself am all for it going away, its stupid and should never have been around to start. But California is a big place, i know there are people
Who hold dual residency in AZ or NV etc and can buy off roster handguns and sell them here for profit. Or people who have collections of handguns that can rival
Some gun shops inventory and a good portion of those handguns have been off roster.

I mean for those who have 3 or 5 and take a hit thats not such a big deal, but for those who have for example 15-20 different handguns that are off roster, like alot of colts or higher end newer stuff that people have paid 2-3 times its value on per gun, that is a big chunk of money to lose.

This was just meant as something to bring up to watch for, especially now people are marking up on roster stuff nearly double its worth.

You all see it on calguns marketplace im sure.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrigga View Post
I don't see that as a problem. As a potential buyer, it's good for me.
As far as having invested money into them, well, be more wise with your investments. Tough $#!+.
Everybody knows restrictions do nothing more than create a robust black markets and overpriced contraband. If we haven't learned that from prohibitions of all kinds, then people are simply unteachable, truly retarded.
Yes i would be a potential buyer of alot of off roster stuff if it goes away.

Im
Not aligning myself with the people i am trying to bring up, i am for the rosters removal, because it would also be step removing the differences between LE/Government officials and the ordinary citizen.

But i am saying there are people out there who stand to lose alot of value if this happens and may not like it.

That is not saying i am one of them, i only own one current off roster gun the rest are on roster.

I would love to be able
To get a police trade in or used M&P full size for $300 that i keep seeing on Cdnn sports, thatd be my first purchase. And some of the new taurus guns that look nice for the price, and a CZ p10c.

I intended to mainly bring the above points up as a topic for open discussion, has these things been considered/thought of?
Old 05-22-2020, 7:17 AM

Default equal rights is what we are after

I have a few off roster guns that I spent a lot of money on, but I spent the money because I wanted the guns. What I paid for them is irreverent to their value, it only matters what the market will bear. I want the roster to go away to I can get the other guns I want without needing to pay a premium on them.

There are people who profit on getting off roster guns at MSRP and selling them at a markup. Those people have loopholes that give them the right to purchase off roster guns, its the same rights we are asking for. Those who wish to keep their rights while hoping to deny those same rights to us, in the name of profit, are just greedy bastards.
Old 05-22-2020, 7:21 AM

Quote:
I meant that just alot of people may look at the removal of the roster as a personal cost and not see the greater good in its removal.

Just to be clear i myself am all for it going away, its stupid and should never have been around to start. But California is a big place, i know there are people
Who hold dual residency in AZ or NV etc and can buy off roster handguns and sell them here for profit.
Or people who have collections of handguns that can rival
Some gun shops inventory and a good portion of those handguns have been off roster.

I mean for those who have 3 or 5 and take a hit thats not such a big deal, but for those who have for example 15-20 different handguns that are off roster, like alot of colts or higher end newer stuff that people have paid 2-3 times its value on per gun, that is a big chunk of money to lose.

This was just meant as something to bring up to watch for, especially now people are marking up on roster stuff nearly double its worth.

FUD. No they can't. Once you become a resident of California, you are no longer permitted to import weapons. Yes they could buy guns in their "other home state" but those guns would not be permitted to enter California, as per state law. There are numerous felonies in your statement.

Besides, if people could do that, with all the countless dual residencies, do you honestly think off roster would be as expensive as it is? People would be importing all day and night and the prices would plummet.
Old 05-22-2020, 7:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
Wishing for roster to protect “investment” is all kinds of wrong. Really can’t sympathize with that even a little bit.
Couldn't agree with you more. The fact that you even have to post that is just ludicrous. How can some people even have that thought? Repress others' rights because I have this investment in blah, blah, blah? Sickening.
Old 05-22-2020, 7:39 AM

Quote:

No. And No. Anyone against the roster being removed for that reason is simply a profiteer, and a boot licker. And no, it wouldn't be for a short window, this would be a supreme court ruling. No stays, no injunctions, done.
Old 05-22-2020, 7:53 AM

Quote:
I've seen similar arguments floated regarding repealing the Hughes amendment and values of full auto guns. I think that anybody who is truly pro-2A, and not just into guns to profiteer, would gladly take a loss in monetary value to take back that freedom. Besides, the risk one takes of losing money is part of that same dangerous freedom we should all be able to enjoy.
Old 05-22-2020, 8:06 AM

Quote:

Then it comes down to hedging your bets. If you think there’s a decent chance of SCOTUS tossing the roster, you might want to sell off a few guns while prices are sky high, especially the ones with the highest premiums like a P365 or Legion or Shadow 2. You can buy them back later when prices are the same as everywhere else.

Personally, I don’t care. I never intended guns to be part of my investment portfolio and I don’t plan on selling any of them.
Old 05-22-2020, 9:20 AM

Of course hindsight would be 20/20 if the roster was overturned. When I bought mine there was no belief that it would ever happen. We simply paid a premium for having something at a time when it was difficult to obtain. With that being said, I'll be the first one online buying california deemed "unsafe" handguns if it gets overturned
Old 05-22-2020, 11:48 AM

I got my Sig p365 through the CA Family program. $495.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:53 AM

Redistributed for 5-28-20 conference.

Source: https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....ic/18-843.html
"There is an old song which asserts that "the best things in life are free". Not true! Utterly false! This was the tragic fallacy which brought on the decadence and collapse of the democracies of the twentieth century; those noble experiments failed because the people had been led to believe that they could simply vote for whatever they wanted… and get it, without toil, without sweat, without tears."
Old 05-22-2020, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Tired of those games. We need another judge on SCOTUS to replace ... Roberts
Old 05-22-2020, 12:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Who hold dual residency in AZ or NV etc and can buy off roster handguns and sell them here for profit. Or people who have collections of handguns that can rival

Nominated for Olympic Mental Gymnastic Team.

Buying out of state for purpose of resale in CA is mostly illegal for one.

It's no one else's job to protect your "investment's" value. Should my stocks be protected too?

One only "loses $" if they (bought high and) sell. They still have that Colt Python.

#Blackolivesmatter

Last edited by JagerDog; 05-22-2020 at 12:32 PM..
Old 05-22-2020, 12:53 PM
NRA Member, CRPA Member,
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I meant that just alot of people may look at the removal of the roster as a personal cost and not see the greater good in its removal... ...This was just meant as something to bring up to watch for...
Okay... but why am I supposed to watch for it?

Do you kinda see where I’m going with my questions? Your point appears to boil down to, “I bet someone gets butt hurt about the roster going away because it cost them money, that’d be a jerk thing for them to feel, am I right?”

There’s not “a lot of people” they aren’t “resisting anything” and I don’t need to “watch for them” because their hypothetical butt hurt doesn’t matter, impacts nothing whatsoever, and may not even actually exist.
Old 05-22-2020, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderr View Post
Tired of those games. We need another judge on SCOTUS to replace ... Roberts

It’s not going away. They refuse to even give it the time of day.
Old 05-22-2020, 1:24 PM

Quote:

Doesn't sound like there is a consensus on a positive outcome if the case is granted cert.
Old 05-22-2020, 3:22 PM

If the Supremes dont slap the roster down and Chiu's pos bill passes we are really and royally screwed.
Time to flee this state.
Old 05-22-2020, 4:26 PM

Quote:

How many times can they keep kicking that can down the road?

Last edited by exnds; 05-22-2020 at 5:26 PM..
Old 05-22-2020, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exnds View Post
How many times can they keep kicking that can down the road?
Who know for now! Perhaps Ruth Buzzi Ginsberg spat up some blood recently so they tabled it until she come back from another round of surgery.
Once she kicks the bucket it will go our way for sure.
Old 05-22-2020, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Ono View Post
Who know for now! Perhaps Ruth Buzzi Ginsberg spat up some blood recently so they tabled it until she come back from another round of surgery.
Once she kicks the bucket it will go our way for sure.
Need to win elections.