Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6041  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:32 AM
ACfixer's Avatar
ACfixer ACfixer is offline
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: KAPV-L35 SoCal
Posts: 2,147
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
Hmmm sounds like they mailed hers when they should have mailed yours.
The normal procedure is to mail them just before your expiration date.
Call Sarah and see if you can swing by to get yours if it is ready.
Since selling my Victorville house we live at separate addresses, we're not married so I don't think one has anything to do with the other. I'll give it until Tuesday or so then call Sarah. I did have a weapon change on mine so maybe that has something to do with it.

It will likely be the one and only renewal, we're packing up and getting out of this dump of a state.
__________________


Buy made in USA whenever possible.

Last edited by ACfixer; 02-09-2019 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6042  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:59 AM
38Special's Avatar
38Special 38Special is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 894
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
Since selling my Victorville house we live at separate addresses, we're not married so I don't think one has anything to do with the other. I'll give it until Tuesday or so then call Sarah. I did have a weapon change on mine so maybe that has something to do with it.

It will likely be the one and only renewal, we're packing up and getting out of this dump of a state.
I presumed since I didn't know who Carrie is that you were married, shared a last name and address.
__________________
Mrs 38Special
Reply With Quote
  #6043  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:04 AM
Notpc's Avatar
Notpc Notpc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Out In The Desert(Behind Enemy Lines)
Posts: 572
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
The best answer would be the Sheriff's Department.
You would think so, but I believe that is where the problem started, at the qualification session.
Reply With Quote
  #6044  
Old 02-12-2019, 1:14 PM
David1523 David1523 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 48
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

I'm hoping someone here can offer some guidance with a problem I am running into. Sorry for the long post.

I applied via the online application in early to mid January and I never received an email verifying my appointment date. I waited the 10 days and proceeded to call the employee resources division. The gentleman on the phone suggested I resubmit my application. I tried to do that and got a message that my social was already in the system and I can not submit another application. I then tried to call Sarah who is in charge of the interview department according to the extension options, no luck after a few calls, and even left her a voicemail explaining my situation.

Is there anything else I can do here? Thank you in advance for any help!
Reply With Quote
  #6045  
Old 02-12-2019, 1:29 PM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 10,080
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1523 View Post
I'm hoping someone here can offer some guidance with a problem I am running into. Sorry for the long post.



I applied via the online application in early to mid January and I never received an email verifying my appointment date. I waited the 10 days and proceeded to call the employee resources division. The gentleman on the phone suggested I resubmit my application. I tried to do that and got a message that my social was already in the system and I can not submit another application. I then tried to call Sarah who is in charge of the interview department according to the extension options, no luck after a few calls, and even left her a voicemail explaining my situation.



Is there anything else I can do here? Thank you in advance for any help!
Sarah wears many hats. She is very good at her jobs. If she hasn't called you back yet don't worry.

Give her a little more time and I bet she'll call you back and resolve your problem.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Reply With Quote
  #6046  
Old 02-13-2019, 1:25 PM
ACfixer's Avatar
ACfixer ACfixer is offline
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: KAPV-L35 SoCal
Posts: 2,147
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Okay checking back in here.... Permit expires 2/15/19, I have not received my new card in the mail with two days to go. I did everything well in advance for my renewal. Nobody at the Sheriff's dept is returning my phone calls.

Getting pretty frustrated, how do you think I should proceed?
__________________


Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Reply With Quote
  #6047  
Old 02-13-2019, 2:20 PM
38Special's Avatar
38Special 38Special is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 894
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
Okay checking back in here.... Permit expires 2/15/19, I have not received my new card in the mail with two days to go. I did everything well in advance for my renewal. Nobody at the Sheriff's dept is returning my phone calls.

Getting pretty frustrated, how do you think I should proceed?
Stop by. See how that goes.
The 12th was a County Holiday.
__________________
Mrs 38Special
Reply With Quote
  #6048  
Old 02-15-2019, 9:19 PM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 10,080
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
Okay checking back in here.... Permit expires 2/15/19, I have not received my new card in the mail with two days to go. I did everything well in advance for my renewal. Nobody at the Sheriff's dept is returning my phone calls.

Getting pretty frustrated, how do you think I should proceed?
Anything show up in the mail box?

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk
__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Reply With Quote
  #6049  
Old 02-16-2019, 11:01 AM
MattyMX MattyMX is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Big Bear
Posts: 10
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

What has everyone seen as far as interview to issue time? I interviewed in late july and have not yet heard anything as to yes or no. No letter in the mail and no emails as well. I'd rather not bother my background detective with this but it took my wife 3 months to get hers.... I dunno what the delay is.
Reply With Quote
  #6050  
Old 02-16-2019, 11:07 AM
FlyingShooter FlyingShooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 475
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMX View Post
What has everyone seen as far as interview to issue time? I interviewed in late july and have not yet heard anything as to yes or no. No letter in the mail and no emails as well. I'd rather not bother my background detective with this but it took my wife 3 months to get hers.... I dunno what the delay is.
That seems unusually long. Do you know if your employer received and returned the letter from them? That is usually a big hold up if they donít get the completed letter back.
Reply With Quote
  #6051  
Old 02-16-2019, 11:12 AM
MattyMX MattyMX is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Big Bear
Posts: 10
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingShooter View Post
That seems unusually long. Do you know if your employer received and returned the letter from them? That is usually a big hold up if they donít get the completed letter back.

Yes they did.

I got a call from my locals rep that week asking why in the world do I need a CCW... My employment is in a very liberal sector (movie biz) and he actually gave me a great review.
Reply With Quote
  #6052  
Old 02-16-2019, 4:37 PM
ACfixer's Avatar
ACfixer ACfixer is offline
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: KAPV-L35 SoCal
Posts: 2,147
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

UPDATE

I got a hold of some woman (not Sarah) on Friday and she said "Oh it's because you had an added weapon and your range card hasn't been processed yet..."

Me: "I did my range on 1/2/19, I did my renewal class on 1/8/19 and it still hasn't been processed??? I paid all my money orders and have made three trips from Big Bear and all within the required time frame, this is not a joke to me".

Her: "Yes but we are backed up because all the employees needed new ID badges! Hopefully they'll do yours next week..."

"Hopefully next week..." Not happy here folks. It's been a month and a half since I got all my stuff done, I would think at least a temp "ok" or a paper granting an extension would be in order.
__________________


Buy made in USA whenever possible.

Last edited by ACfixer; 02-16-2019 at 4:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:29 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.