Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-13-2021, 12:13 PM
Armed-Citizen Armed-Citizen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: somewhere on earth
Posts: 900
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default So where to get tested?

I keep going to the testing locations page but it keeps showing testing appointments are unavailable for the next 3 days. Itís been like this sinc mid December for me.

Where are you guys setting up reservations?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-13-2021, 12:17 PM
anthonyca anthonyca is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,353
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I got tested at Stanford and a few weeks later, Cigna sent me a bill forb$390!!!!! Now I have to deal with this.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Union...70812799700206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2021, 12:25 PM
lone shooter's Avatar
lone shooter lone shooter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,502
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Honest question, so what does getting tested accomplish? Besides knowing that at the moment of being tested you are either + or -. Being + i guess you can self isolate. Being - seems like a waste.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-13-2021, 12:26 PM
SAN compnerd's Avatar
SAN compnerd SAN compnerd is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Behind enemy lines in the PRK.
Posts: 3,794
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Testing is kind of a waste of time at this point. It won't change your course of treatment and the actions you take are pretty much the same, stay home until you are symptom free.

The only reason I can think of to get tested is if your work requires it, which is a huge violation of your privacy rights. Do you have to tell them that you are going to get a hernia repair or knee replacement? No, just that you will need some time off. This should be no different.

No matter if you get tested or not, there is no proper medical clearance to return to work, you won't be tested again for a negative since the test can pick up non infectious fragments and show a positive for several weeks.

So unless you are going into the hospital where you must get tested I would skip it and just stay home (like you have been for the past year) and wait till you feel better.
__________________
"I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." - Thomas Jefferson, 1824

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN compnerd View Post
When the middle east descends into complete chaos in 2-3 years due in part to the actions of this administration I'll necro post about how clueless I was.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-13-2021, 12:27 PM
balgor's Avatar
balgor balgor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Costa Mesa, OC
Posts: 1,264
iTrader: 71 / 99%
Default

If, you live in OC, you can get a FREE at home test kit:

https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/covid-19-testing
__________________
Supposition, however, is no replacement for evidence.

When a person's beliefs are determined by their tribal affiliation, they assume that your beliefs are also determined by tribal affiliation.

I donít get conspiracy theories. I need evidence and facts before I buy a toaster oven, let alone make a hot take on the pandemic.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-13-2021, 12:41 PM
lone shooter's Avatar
lone shooter lone shooter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,502
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN compnerd View Post
Testing is kind of a waste of time at this point. It won't change your course of treatment and the actions you take are pretty much the same, stay home until you are symptom free.

The only reason I can think of to get tested is if your work requires it, which is a huge violation of your privacy rights. Do you have to tell them that you are going to get a hernia repair or knee replacement? No, just that you will need some time off. This should be no different.

No matter if you get tested or not, there is no proper medical clearance to return to work, you won't be tested again for a negative since the test can pick up non infectious fragments and show a positive for several weeks.

So unless you are going into the hospital where you must get tested I would skip it and just stay home (like you have been for the past year) and wait till you feel better.
My BIL tested positive. Stayed home for 4 or 5 days, then went back. No retest required.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-13-2021, 1:37 PM
Armed-Citizen Armed-Citizen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: somewhere on earth
Posts: 900
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Thanks to all the replies so far.
Yes I Haven't been tested ever due to no symptoms, but just thought about it this last week.

True for everything that has been said so far but should one test pos (even if false), I can get some bearings just to stay away from others in the high risk bracket in the family....
Yes I do believe it's real, but not as bad as China portrayed it in the beginning...I remember seeing footage of many many people spacing out and having seizures and dropping dead on the spot....also welding doors shut on apartments full if people considered to be covid touched....


Anyways: I won't be getting no vaccine till more study is done and more refinements to it, I'll take that risk.

Had a in depth physical mid 2020 and all blood work (including vitamin levels) everything was at perfect range. Dr was saying I was paranoid with my vitamin regimen but after looking at my blood results, it was worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-13-2021, 1:44 PM
RudyN's Avatar
RudyN RudyN is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Santa Clara County
Posts: 2,188
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

If you have Kaiser go there. I went yesterday and received my Negative results today so I guess I will live for a while. I went because I was feeling weird. Probably a cold.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
__________________
Rudy N
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
CRPA MEMBER
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-13-2021, 1:44 PM
lone shooter's Avatar
lone shooter lone shooter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,502
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed-Citizen View Post
Thanks to all the replies so far.
Yes I Haven't been tested ever due to no symptoms, but just thought about it this last week.

True for everything that has been said so far but should one test pos (even if false), I can get some bearings just to stay away from others in the high risk bracket in the family....
Yes I do believe it's real, but not as bad as China portrayed it in the beginning...I remember seeing footage of many many people spacing out and having seizures and dropping dead on the spot....also welding doors shut on apartments full if people considered to be covid touched....


Anyways: I won't be getting no vaccine till more study is done and more refinements to it, I'll take that risk.

Had a in depth physical mid 2020 and all blood work (including vitamin levels) everything was at perfect range. Dr was saying I was paranoid with my vitamin regimen but after looking at my blood results, it was worth it.
I have a physical scheduled for next month. Besides the usual PSA and blood tests I'm going to get my tetanus booster and a shingles vaccine. See what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-13-2021, 1:45 PM
freonr22's Avatar
freonr22 freonr22 is online now
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 12,713
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyca View Post
I got tested at Stanford and a few weeks later, Cigna sent me a bill forb$390!!!!! Now I have to deal with this.
If you are a contractor there, you go to where the docs and nurses go, for free.
I went to use my insurance, went to the e.r., and they directed me there. bldg 300 1st floor.
I was tested 12/14, 12/22, and today. Get the results in about 7-12 hours.
Also,
https://instantuc.com/occupational-medicine/ takes kaiser, as well as other insurance. Some staff went ther under kaiser and was no charge.
I have UnitedHealth and havent paid.
__________________
<img src=http://calgunsfoundation.org/images/stories/San-Benito.jpg border=0 alt= />[IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-13-2021, 2:10 PM
sonofeugene's Avatar
sonofeugene sonofeugene is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,053
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Not getting tested. And remember, the rate of false positives is still very, very high.
__________________
Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them. - Rabindranath Tagore

A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore

Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see. - Arthur Schopenhaur
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-13-2021, 4:42 PM
ERdept ERdept is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Looooong Beach
Posts: 4,619
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone shooter View Post
Honest question, so what does getting tested accomplish? Besides knowing that at the moment of being tested you are either + or -. Being + i guess you can self isolate. Being - seems like a waste.
We discourage as many as possible for testing.

WHY, you ask?


THis is why?

1. We are not a testing center.. We do not arbitrarily test people on request, and only test those that feel symptomatic enough to warrant possible admission.

2. If you think you have Covid, consider yourself as positive and self isolate, after all, you would not want to see anyone if you had Covid or ANY other communicable respiratory illness.. Just because you don't have Coronavirus doesn't mean you can visit your friends or aunt or mom. Why would you communicate to them another respiratory illness? That's inconsiderate and silly.

That's it.. It's that easy.


If you really want to be tested, get a home kit, or go to Dodger Stadium, or any other test center.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-13-2021, 5:03 PM
freonr22's Avatar
freonr22 freonr22 is online now
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 12,713
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

The reason i have been tested 6? X was possible exposure. 2 people got it at work(i wasnt there the same day) 1 person on a jobsite. Another person on a jobsite, that our employees came in contact with, 2x iand then i possibly came in contacy with the employees
__________________
<img src=http://calgunsfoundation.org/images/stories/San-Benito.jpg border=0 alt= />[IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-13-2021, 7:52 PM
ERdept ERdept is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Looooong Beach
Posts: 4,619
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freonr22 View Post
The reason i have been tested 6? X was possible exposure. 2 people got it at work(i wasnt there the same day) 1 person on a jobsite. Another person on a jobsite, that our employees came in contact with, 2x iand then i possibly came in contacy with the employees
The thing is, we have ALL been exposed at this point.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-13-2021, 7:53 PM
lone shooter's Avatar
lone shooter lone shooter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,502
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
We discourage as many as possible for testing.

WHY, you ask?


THis is why?

1. We are not a testing center.. We do not arbitrarily test people on request, and only test those that feel symptomatic enough to warrant possible admission.

2. If you think you have Covid, consider yourself as positive and self isolate, after all, you would not want to see anyone if you had Covid or ANY other communicable respiratory illness.. Just because you don't have Coronavirus doesn't mean you can visit your friends or aunt or mom. Why would you communicate to them another respiratory illness? That's inconsiderate and silly.

That's it.. It's that easy.


If you really want to be tested, get a home kit, or go to Dodger Stadium, or any other test center.
That's you guys (and you don't ID yourself), but there are plenty others willing to take people's money.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-13-2021, 8:13 PM
freonr22's Avatar
freonr22 freonr22 is online now
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 12,713
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
The thing is, we have ALL been exposed at this point.
Yes i know, but
1. Have high at risk family members ie, over 65, diabetes, obese, kidney issues
2. Work protocol
3. I think i had it last January, but, thats impossible, right?
4. State construction protocols/best practice. Not because they order it, owner is extremely conservative in practice,. If ppl get it in company, company dhuts down, suffers yuugely
__________________
<img src=http://calgunsfoundation.org/images/stories/San-Benito.jpg border=0 alt= />[IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-13-2021, 10:38 PM
ERdept ERdept is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Looooong Beach
Posts: 4,619
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freonr22 View Post
Yes i know, but
1. Have high at risk family members ie, over 65, diabetes, obese, kidney issues
2. Work protocol
3. I think i had it last January, but, thats impossible, right?
4. State construction protocols/best practice. Not because they order it, owner is extremely conservative in practice,. If ppl get it in company, company dhuts down, suffers yuugely
If you think you had it, you probably did.. .Isolate, if no symptoms, consider it resolved.


If you are exposed, don't get tested, just because of exposure. Many people exposed never get it, mostly don't get it.

If exposed, and symptomatic, get the test. But we say, if you were exposed to a positive patient/ subject and become symptomatic, consider that you have it, no need to test. Just isolate.


Otherwise, no test needed.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-13-2021, 10:45 PM
ERdept ERdept is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Looooong Beach
Posts: 4,619
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone shooter View Post
That's you guys (and you don't ID yourself), but there are plenty others willing to take people's money.
The testing actually wastes our money and time.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-14-2021, 6:17 AM
anthonyca anthonyca is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,353
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freonr22 View Post
If you are a contractor there, you go to where the docs and nurses go, for free.
I went to use my insurance, went to the e.r., and they directed me there. bldg 300 1st floor.
I was tested 12/14, 12/22, and today. Get the results in about 7-12 hours.
Also,
https://instantuc.com/occupational-medicine/ takes kaiser, as well as other insurance. Some staff went ther under kaiser and was no charge.
I have UnitedHealth and havent paid.
We have done a lot of jobs for Stanford but I dont know if we have any at this time. I'm pissed about this bill. I pay a TON for insurance and nobody said anything about a bill.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Union...70812799700206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-14-2021, 9:23 AM
Scota4570's Avatar
Scota4570 Scota4570 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 620
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

"3. I think i had it last January, but, thats impossible, right?"

No, lots of Chinese tourist at Tahoe resorts in December displaying covid symptoms.

" I'm pissed about this bill. I pay a TON for insurance and nobody said anything about a bill." IF you don't want to pay lots of money avoid doctors. Even with the best insurance we all pay huge out of pocket fees. That is today's reality.

Testing with no symptoms is silly, and expensive. Even it it is "free" the rest of us are paying for it.

If a person is sick and a treatment protocol needs to be determined, testing makes sense.

IF ones employer requires testing, however misguided, let them pay for it.

As previously pointed out, most of us will test positive in time. Testing becomes pointless.

Last edited by Scota4570; 01-14-2021 at 9:27 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-14-2021, 1:04 PM
SAN compnerd's Avatar
SAN compnerd SAN compnerd is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Behind enemy lines in the PRK.
Posts: 3,794
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
We discourage as many as possible for testing.

WHY, you ask?


THis is why?

1. We are not a testing center.. We do not arbitrarily test people on request, and only test those that feel symptomatic enough to warrant possible admission.

2. If you think you have Covid, consider yourself as positive and self isolate, after all, you would not want to see anyone if you had Covid or ANY other communicable respiratory illness.. Just because you don't have Coronavirus doesn't mean you can visit your friends or aunt or mom. Why would you communicate to them another respiratory illness? That's inconsiderate and silly.

That's it.. It's that easy.


If you really want to be tested, get a home kit, or go to Dodger Stadium, or any other test center.
Thanks for the sane advice.
__________________
"I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." - Thomas Jefferson, 1824

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN compnerd View Post
When the middle east descends into complete chaos in 2-3 years due in part to the actions of this administration I'll necro post about how clueless I was.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-14-2021, 1:32 PM
calif 15-22's Avatar
calif 15-22 calif 15-22 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 5,658
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed-Citizen View Post
I keep going to the testing locations page but it keeps showing testing appointments are unavailable for the next 3 days. Itís been like this sinc mid December for me.

Where are you guys setting up reservations?
Calguns lol

OP - "Where are you guys getting tested?"
Calguns - "Why do you want to do that!"

OP are you Nor Cal or So Cal? I've been tested 3 x through Stanford and my son 2x through Santa Clara County Drive through testing. I make him test as he's 23, lives at home and tends to be social and out and about.

You can also try CVS for drive through testing sites.

Stay healthy . . .
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
It's one thing to question everything . . . It's entirely another thing to reject simple, rational explanations in favor of ever more fantastic and far reaching explanations because you've decided the government cannot be trusted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
Anyone who says the American dream requires a specific pay range doesn't understand the meaning of the American dream
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-14-2021, 2:03 PM
jaandrade3rd's Avatar
jaandrade3rd jaandrade3rd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 159
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The narrative has changed. It's not about the testing anymore. That outgoing (Trump) administration will be known for how many have been infected and or died. Soon we will praising how the Biden/Harris administration saved us from covid with the drive to push vaccinations.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:44 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2020, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.
Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Tactical Gear Military Boots 5.11 Tactical